Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

Back Hack posted:

They're pretty easy as they don't have the air speed or maneuverability to dodge shoulder fired homing missiles.

It's actually pretty easy to dodge them if you know how. Do a back flip, then boost. This will cause you to momentarily freeze in mid air, then take off on a perpendicular trajectory. Homing missiles can't handle that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Arsonide posted:

It's actually pretty easy to dodge them if you know how. Do a back flip, then boost. This will cause you to momentarily freeze in mid air, then take off on a perpendicular trajectory. Homing missiles can't handle that.

First homing missile probably, the second one not so much. :v:

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
MISSELS Vs. OPPRESORS!
10,0000,000,00RP/$1000,00,000000

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Back Hack posted:

They're pretty easy as they don't have the air speed or maneuverability to dodge shoulder fired homing missiles.

I've been dodging them no problem just by pulling up and turning.

Hugh Malone posted:

MISSELS Vs. OPPRESORS!
10,0000,000,00RP/$1000,00,000000

this would own with some minor caveats; regular rpgs and machinegun opressors.

looking foward to the stunt/air race hybrids already :)

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Jose Mengelez posted:

I've been dodging them no problem just by pulling up and turning.

I haven't spent enough time on it to have people shooting at me but I would imagine that you could also retract the wings and the sudden drop would let you avoid one.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jose Mengelez posted:

It's not particularly enjoyable to fight against but if you wait for it to reach the apex of its glide it'll hang in the air begging for an explosive round. I guess that's pretty satisfying?

Go ahead and blow me up, the repair cost is $20,000 :lol: have fun paying it, I get a new bike back instantly.

Arsonide posted:

Why even dodge missiles in the oppressor? I'm busy trolling people trying to get them to shoot me. I just laugh my rear end off and instantly respawn the oppressor. (Oppressor counts as a motorcycle for the purposes of Biker MC boss abilities)

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Zaphod42 posted:

Go ahead and blow me up, the repair cost is $20,000 :lol: have fun paying it, I get a new bike back instantly.

lmao if you pay insurance, just lmao.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jose Mengelez posted:

lmao if you pay insurance, just lmao.

When you blow up somebody else's car you pay their insurance automatically :eng101:

There's no choice about it dude.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Zaphod42 posted:

When you blow up somebody else's car you pay their insurance automatically :eng101:

There's no choice about it dude.

not on pc.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

I was told they just reinstated that. Is that not correct?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Yes, unless they have a bounty.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
you pay your own but not others.
so it's open season for opressors... until you dunk it in the drink.

titties
May 10, 2012

PSA for anyone just getting started on bunker poo poo:

Modding weaponized vehicles requires bay 2 of the MOC to be outfitted with the Vehicle and Weapon Workshop module, which takes up bays 2 and 3.

:siren:MAKE SURE NO VEHICLE IS STORED IN BAY 3 BEFORE INSTALLING THE MODULE OR IT WILL BE EATEN:siren:

It's best if you select the Vehicle and Weapon Workshop when you select your initial configuration while buying the MOC. I did not realize that it was different from having Vehicle Storage in bay 3 and the Weapon Workshop in bay 2.

I paid about a million dollars for those options and then had to turn around and pay another million for the dual-bay retrofit.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

titties posted:

PSA for anyone just getting started on bunker poo poo:

Modding weaponized vehicles requires bay 2 of the MOC to be outfitted with the Vehicle and Weapon Workshop module, which takes up bays 2 and 3.

:siren:MAKE SURE NO VEHICLE IS STORED IN BAY 3 BEFORE INSTALLING THE MODULE OR IT WILL BE EATEN:siren:

It's best if you select the Vehicle and Weapon Workshop when you select your initial configuration while buying the MOC. I did not realize that it was different from having Vehicle Storage in bay 3 and the Weapon Workshop in bay 2.

I paid about a million dollars for those options and then had to turn around and pay another million for the dual-bay retrofit.

My custom Nero was in the truck when I upgraded to the other thing and I just had to go to the menu and request the vehicle from the Moc menu and it showed up, so I got it back

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If you buy one MOC cab and then buy another, do you get to pro-rate the cost by the difference or get some of the money back? Or is it all lost?

Rockstar trolling hard with this bullshit. There's no "vehicle workshop", just a "vehicle and weapon workshop" or a "weapon workshop" what's that all about?

If you get the personal vehicle storage, you can't get the vehicle and weapon workshop. Is there any advantage to the personal storage really? Doesn't seem worth it. You can always call a mechanic if you need a car delivery, and you can't store stolen cars in it for import/export or anything...

After MOC and Oppressor I'm broke, saving up for the V&W Workshop now

titties
May 10, 2012

I needed to resupply the bunker. Got the mission where the supplies are on a cargo ship at the docks and you need to kill like 30 dudes.

Take my new Oppressor for a spin, drop it in the ocean trying to make a sick landing on one of the cargo containers. Respawn it for 20k.

Try again to fly the bike onto the ship. Scrape myself off of the bike on the underside of an overpass. Amazingly the bike flies another quarter mile and lands on a cargo container on the boat.

Spend 5 minutes running through parking lots with non-climbable fences.

Kill 90% of the people on the boat, grab the supplies, climb up to rocket bike.

Get a lock-on tone, decide to take off and fire a missile at the same time.

Hit the wrong button, retract wings, fall to the topside deck, get another lock-on tone.

Fire missile, blows up bike and self and supplies.

Rage quit.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

GTA having 3 entirely different (sometimes overlapping, sometimes independent) menu systems is already terrible design, but yeah, I do have to wonder what the gently caress R* is thinking with the vehicle controls. It seems like every vehicle has a different button scheme configuration and its crazy.

I keep deploying the wings when I mean to shoot the gun on the oppressor.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

My favourite thing is answering a call and accidentally firing a missile.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Or when you land a buzzard at your bunker and that somehow makes it fire a missile and you blow yourself up except you don't and the helicopter is only apparently gone but you are still sitting in Wonder Woman's Invisible Helicopter.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Buying the cheapest bunker in Paleto Bay means I will still have to drive all the way into the city for all my missions, correct? I usually play solo in a firewalled lobby so is it worth it to buy a bunker to run solo gun running missions or should I just stick to Import/Export to make cash? I do eventually want an MOC, armored Tampa and bike missiles so I'll have to get one at some point anyway.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

Is the Weaponized Tampa a sufficiently decent solo player "gently caress OFF" vehicle? It isn't well armored as far as I can tell, and the windows aren't bullet proof...but the APC requires multiple players and doesn't have those nifty proximity mines.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Arsonide posted:

Is the Weaponized Tampa a sufficiently decent solo player "gently caress OFF" vehicle? It isn't well armored as far as I can tell, and the windows aren't bullet proof...but the APC requires multiple players and doesn't have those nifty proximity mines.

It only takes 1 rocket, or 1 of your own mortars or 1 of your own proximity mines or one of your own front rockets

It's basically REALLY good at making you kill yourself.

The jet bike is probably the best because you can just hop on top of buildings and wait for the dorkuses to get in your missile lock, or do a loop in the air and get behind them with rockets.

If someone's really trying to get your goat, just call in your op center, and either hop in the truck which takes 20 missiles to blow up, or park the trailer somewhere where the front end is protected, and get on one of the back guns and sit there destroying them. unlimited explosive ammo + 20 missiles to destroy it with full armor.

I've held off 3 people for a good 10-15 mins sitting on the trailer gun. Cops can't get you when you're in the trailer so they crowd around it going after whoever goes after you, and when the trailer does finally blow up it doesn't even kill you, just kicks you out so you can just hope in a car and call in another one.

It's also neat to park it in the bushes outside the farmhouse bunker and gently caress with people. It shows the same logo on the map whether your in it or not, and people don't usually check each logo on the map for a dude in it.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jun 26, 2017

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

weg posted:

Buying the cheapest bunker in Paleto Bay means I will still have to drive all the way into the city for all my missions, correct?

Yep. The Chumash and Farmhouse ones are the best locations for how close to the city they are, and I think the Chumash one isn't that much more expensive than Paleto

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

GTA having 3 entirely different (sometimes overlapping, sometimes independent) menu systems is already terrible design, but yeah, I do have to wonder what the gently caress R* is thinking with the vehicle controls. It seems like every vehicle has a different button scheme configuration and its crazy.

I keep deploying the wings when I mean to shoot the gun on the oppressor.

It feels like they've put in SO MUCH STUFF into the game that there are simply no longer enough buttons to actually handle everything. I don't doubt that even with that, they could have figured out a better scheme than they have, it's taken me 21 ranks to figure out how to consistently roll dodge.

Also, man, why the gently caress are there so many Parkour maps. This is not a platformer! Your jump/climb/do other poo poo button is contextual! The on-foot movement is some of the clunkiest in any sandbox game ever!

(I'd also be interested to find out how much of the online game's player base is Brazillian. Maybe it's the server but not speaking Portuguese does put me at a disadvantage sometimes.)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

weg posted:

Buying the cheapest bunker in Paleto Bay means I will still have to drive all the way into the city for all my missions, correct? I usually play solo in a firewalled lobby so is it worth it to buy a bunker to run solo gun running missions or should I just stick to Import/Export to make cash? I do eventually want an MOC, armored Tampa and bike missiles so I'll have to get one at some point anyway.

Some missions are in the city, Some are in the middle of the island, and some are up in paleto bay. Its all over the place and highly random. I don't think there's any advantage to any one location for speed of missions. (Although the ones next to highways or airports are pretty key for other reasons)

Maxwell Lord posted:

It feels like they've put in SO MUCH STUFF into the game that there are simply no longer enough buttons to actually handle everything. I don't doubt that even with that, they could have figured out a better scheme than they have, it's taken me 21 ranks to figure out how to consistently roll dodge.

Also, man, why the gently caress are there so many Parkour maps. This is not a platformer! Your jump/climb/do other poo poo button is contextual! The on-foot movement is some of the clunkiest in any sandbox game ever!

(I'd also be interested to find out how much of the online game's player base is Brazillian. Maybe it's the server but not speaking Portuguese does put me at a disadvantage sometimes.)

Eh, I disagree. They manage to map the controls for the helicopters, ruiner 2000, drive-by shooting and the oppressor all into the xbox 360 / xbox one / ps4 / whatever controller. Its not that there aren't enough buttons; there's plenty of buttons. The game is just a mess of so much stuff that R* doesn't even TRY to do any level of consistency. Each update they basically completely reinvent what they're doing; they're making it up as they go along.

In some ways that's good because they had some really dumb ideas at first (heists) and are learning what is more fun (stuff in the overworld) but when it comes to loving controls, they really need to learn some consistency.

Also the phone and "interaction menu" should be merged. Main menu and ONE alternative tops. We don't need 3 menus.

Icedude posted:

Yep. The Chumash and Farmhouse ones are the best locations for how close to the city they are, and I think the Chumash one isn't that much more expensive than Paleto

Wrong, not all of the missions take you to the city. Some take you to paleto bay even.

Does seem like more are in the city though, but its hard to guess at probability or whatever from anecdotes.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
Chumash is the best because it's a cool area and the furthest you have to travel is across the map west to east. Isn't there a Corp office there too? I need to relocate mine sometime when I play again in 6 months or whatever.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Maxwell Lord posted:

Im too poor to have these problems but they really need a modifier button on controllers, cause i would like to assign some of the stuff in the quick menu to the controller like snacks or the mask thing which is a feature hardly worth using.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

DogonCrook posted:

Im too poor to have these problems but they really need a modifier button on controllers, cause i would like to assign some of the stuff in the quick menu to the controller like snacks or the mask thing which is a feature hardly worth using.

Set your player action to eat snack & press the button(s) to do your player action & ta da, snacks on controller. It doesn't work if you're wearing a mask though & you can't spam them like you can through the menu.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Wrong, not all of the missions take you to the city. Some take you to paleto bay even.

Does seem like more are in the city though, but its hard to guess at probability or whatever from anecdotes.

Further anecdotes: I bought the chumash one and have gotten two missions to zancudo and all the rest in the city.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

God loving drat it. That's the second time this poo poo has happened today. I give Rockstar fifteen minutes of my life selling $250,000 of guns, then right when I finish the last objective, $250,000 pops up but is not added to my account, Agent 14 congratulates me on a job well done, and a screen pops up saying "Sorry that transaction couldn't be processed on our servers." Despite having a rock solid connection and no interruption of connectivity at all. The transaction that took my loving guns out of my bunker went through fine, just not the one to pay me my money. Twice in one day, and all I have to show for it is two "lol sorry" screens.

Every time I play this I feel like I'm actively working against so many forces just to have fun. If it's not Rockstar's shark card pushing design, it's Rockstar's loving bugs, or the griefers they enable, or the hackers. Barely made any money today, but I got spawn camped plenty, and had some of my car exports thrown 500 feet in the air inexplicitly, and been kicked out of my own loving helicopter.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

So I got the dreaded ban notice in the email, this time for good.

This means I can finally get around to playing Payday 2 and mod the hell out of GTA story mode without worrying about....getting banned.

GTA Online's kinda lost it's allure anyways. :shrug:

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Domestic Amuse posted:

rest in pepperonis mother :gonk:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Zigmidge posted:

Sorry hun but lowtax threw the keys for the forums into a sewer you're just going to have to deal with it.

Hello Zigmidge, I'd like to understand why you think this. That way I can discuss your perception of it and hopefully we can make some changes.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
lotta people on reddit crying that they got banned just for picking up money. those poor kids were just minding their business, hopping from session to session and just casually inquiring if any modders were dropping cash. y'know...so they could dutifully avoid it? then mean old rockstar went and banhammered the poo poo out of their soft innocent skulls for literally no goddamn reason at all.

p. hosed up imo.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

Domestic Amuse posted:

This means I can finally get around to playing Payday 2 and mod the hell out of GTA story mode without worrying about....getting banned.

GTA Online's kinda lost it's allure anyways. :shrug:

Dude, what happened? Sucks to hear you got perma-banned... :(

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Hello Zigmidge, I'd like to understand why you think this. That way I can discuss your perception of it and hopefully we can make some changes.

this is a valid concern and I hope you get to the bottom of it; nobody wants to be garbage man of the sewer forums lmao :classiclol:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Jose Mengelez posted:

lotta people on reddit crying that they got banned just for picking up money. those poor kids were just minding their business, hopping from session to session and just casually inquiring if any modders were dropping cash. y'know...so they could dutifully avoid it? then mean old rockstar went and banhammered the poo poo out of their soft innocent skulls for literally no goddamn reason at all.

p. hosed up imo.

Its also bullshit. Nobody got banned for getting money from somebody else. Everybody got hacker cash. I have lots of friends who play regularly and got toooons of hacker cash and nobody got touched.

People who got actual banned banned and not just had their money taken away--- they were hacking.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

coupedeville posted:

this is a valid concern and I hope you get to the bottom of it; nobody wants to be garbage man of the sewer forums lmao :classiclol:

Good grief! Please do not denigrate the faithful labourers who do the hard work of removing garbage! They are modern heroes! :D

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Arsonide posted:

God loving drat it. That's the second time this poo poo has happened today. I give Rockstar fifteen minutes of my life selling $250,000 of guns, then right when I finish the last objective, $250,000 pops up but is not added to my account, Agent 14 congratulates me on a job well done, and a screen pops up saying "Sorry that transaction couldn't be processed on our servers." Despite having a rock solid connection and no interruption of connectivity at all. The transaction that took my loving guns out of my bunker went through fine, just not the one to pay me my money. Twice in one day, and all I have to show for it is two "lol sorry" screens.

I get this for every gunrunning mission but it still deposits the money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Good grief! Please do not denigrate the faithful labourers who do the hard work of removing garbage! They are modern heroes! :D

do they get hazard pay for servicing your mother's cumdumpster? it's not a glamorous job but someone's gotta do it :shrug:

• Locked thread