Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Thread showing 2 new replies now instead of one, for anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hugh Malone posted:

Thread showing 2 new replies now instead of one, for anyone else?

Now it's back down to 1. It was two, with a "you can't look at the last page" error, before.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Aw poo poo. Bus this thread to the paranormal/ conspiracy thread.

We're haunted.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

You nerds and your stories of “they paid for my insurance!”

When online launched on PS3, you could cover a car in gasoline, light it with your car exhaust, blow it up, and it would charge the owner for the insurance. If you were good at it, you could shoot them out of the car and by the time they respawned and ran to the car, it blew up in their face.

Couple that with the ridiculously expensive hospital bills when you died at launch and no one was having fun except those of us doing the aforementioned killing.

God drat those were good times...

My favorite thing to do during those times was to Cargobob a tank and crush cars in impound and Mors while I switched to passive mode in the Cargobob after picking up the tank. It would charge them to restore the car and they couldn't shoot me up at all. I later evolved this with Lester's get-away-with-anything-no-police call and evolved this to picking up NPC tanks from Zancudo and airlifting, but not dropping them to city hotspots. The NPC-crewed tanks would auto-aim and shoot anybody who had stars and was giving stars to those taking pot shots at me. They were good shots too, being naturally aimbots. Of course, police initiated deaths to them or the car charged them. If the tank blew up, I simply reverted to the previous activity of smashing cars with a now dead, but still very much crushing tank corpse. Flying tanks!

Unfortunately, this is now not very possible since there seem to be some latency compensation changes which makes it really, really hard to pick up tanks in a Cargobob and keep it connected. Good times.

I actually met a dev from R* at a work conference responsible for coding anti-cheat and stuff. They had no idea this was possible at all. I had my fill. :)

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

They've done a good job in the last couple updates with fixing the cargobob to not drop things.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

crazysim posted:

I actually met a dev from R* at a work conference responsible for coding anti-cheat and stuff.

lmao

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

hey they said a dev, singular. it checks out. :v:

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

FuturePastNow posted:

They've done a good job in the last couple updates with fixing the cargobob to not drop things.

Unfortunately, I think they may have responded to my revelation by making it impossible to airlift a manned Rhino more than few feet off the ground.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

crazysim posted:

Unfortunately, I think they may have responded to my revelation by making it impossible to airlift a manned Rhino more than few feet off the ground.

Nah, one of the bunker supply missions has you steal a tank and explicitly tells you to put an associate on the gun to kill the attacking helicopters.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

FuturePastNow posted:

Nah, one of the bunker supply missions has you steal a tank and explicitly tells you to put an associate on the gun to kill the attacking helicopters.

It would be nice if you could hire an associate after finding out what you have to do. :argh:

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

FuturePastNow posted:

Maybe a NPC Rhino then.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Probably not in free roam. Since the smugglers run update, I've summoned my cargobob at the base and tried to pick up a tank, and was only able to get it a few feet off the ground- not enough to clear the fence, much less swing it around downtown raining death from above.

Seems like it might be nerfed other than in the mission, similar to how the mission vehicles have unlimited rockets and boost.

Guessing that they're gearing up for whatever Halloween may bring- the weekly races updated for Oct 24-30, but the current sales have an end date of the 26th. I'd say Friday morning should be the release of the Batmobile and any other goodies

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I rly want my nokota, dangit

Finish out my flight museum

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Every time I've ever use the 'bob to pick up a NPC vehicle *that wasn't a scripted one like an I/E car* the driver has jumped out.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I love plucking the I/E cars off the road as they drive along, you get to hear the wheels furiously spinning like an angry bee.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Been a while since I've gotten to post videos. I think these were from the first few days of the hangar missions. Featuring Gileadexile, Hugh Malone, Bud_F, and Hugh/Malakai's friend TJ:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLuj_z3pbGo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5vQspsp-7Y

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
loving rockstar. Why is random grids only in transform racesssssss.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I've got so much stuff after 2.5 years of GTAO, but I'm tempted to throw it all away to screw with roleplayers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2_c5z9NRHg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTa4HrU9sRE

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
rp servers are generally the funniest thing to grief in any game that has them

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan

Ziploc posted:

loving rockstar. Why is random grids only in transform racesssssss.

The sheer fun of the transform races are worth the random grids

Also it would be nice to see the OP/2nd posts get some updates, especially as far as car recommendations go...

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

KingShibby posted:

Also it would be nice to see the OP/2nd posts get some updates, especially as far as car recommendations go...

Maybe a new thread, since this one is haunted by a phantom unread post.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I concur. New thread.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
GTA: Online- we still play the bad game

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Or

GTA Online: (the prefect post about assholes on oppressors, too lazy to quote it)

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

KingShibby posted:

They'd be more fun if custom cars were turned off by default.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
A properly run RP server in GTAV has limitless possibilities. I had a fuckin blast RPing with goons in San Andreas, and that was limited in so many lovely ways. RP only sucks if you do it with nerds.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
By the way, what's the official goon gang? I might actually add that onto my list.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

A properly run RP server in GTAV has limitless possibilities. I had a fuckin blast RPing with goons in San Andreas, and that was limited in so many lovely ways. RP only sucks if you do it with nerds.

I want to know why there's no first person only servers with VR support already.

All they really need to do is refine the UI so it's actually surprising.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Blazing Ownager posted:

By the way, what's the official goon gang? I might actually add that onto my list.

LLJK is the crew, https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3661105 is the hookup, the discord is in either the OP of this thread or that

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So... the favorite bike thing is a joke right? I've been riding this opressor for months now and it's still not my favorite bike, I really don't get it.

EcoBlue
Jan 1, 2008

a bone to pick posted:

So... the favorite bike thing is a joke right? I've been riding this opressor for months now and it's still not my favorite bike, I really don't get it.

Don't you just pick a favorite bike from the options menu?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
everywhere I've seen says you have to ride the bike for a really long time, where would it be in the options?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

There's no setting for favorite bike, but it does seem to be weighted toward use in missions. Use the Oppressor for a bunch of contact jobs. Just do a string of the easy solo ones if you want and that should change it.

It's worth it since the damage bonus you get affects the rockets (it's a 25% improvement).

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

FuturePastNow posted:

It's worth it since the damage bonus you get affects the rockets (it's a 25% improvement).

gently caress yeah that's the whole reason I'm pissed it's not my favorite bike yet

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

Go into a solo lobby (invite only, split pub, whatever), sit on your oppressor, weigh down your keyboard or rubber band your controller or whatever so the game doesn't idle kick you, go to bed. Wake up, hopefully it's your new favorite bike. It takes a completely ridiculous amount of time to update your favorite bike but it will eventually work.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
There’s a new newswire out with details for the Halloween stuff they have just released today including the vigilante.
https://www.rockstargames.com/newsw...m_term=newswire

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
There really is no way to randomize grids/teams in non-transformer races/TDMs right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkPmNS3An6g

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Well poo poo 30% off and free money so I should buy a bunker. Is there any reason not to just get the cheapest one?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ElwoodCuse posted:

Well poo poo 30% off and free money so I should buy a bunker. Is there any reason not to just get the cheapest one?

You make 50% more money from deliveries by bringing them to Los Santos instead of Blaine, so Chumash gets recommended a lot.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

ElwoodCuse posted:

Picture yourself driving/flying from there to everywhere in the city, and then back, sometimes multiple trips, often
If youre looking at pure price, i think the cheapest is way the gently caress up north in Paleto, for like 1.1mil
Theres a Zancudo and a Chumash that are both on the west side highway, for like 1.5 and 1.6mil
The more expensive ones tend to be around Sandy Shores desert area

hey look a map with prices and locations!
http://www.gamersheroes.com/game-guides/gta-online-bunkers-lists-bunkers-cheapest-expensive/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I have the one beside the airbase, it’s pretty good because it’s right on the highway, plus if you have a hanger at the base it’s convenient for that if you have the Oppressor or call a securoserve buzzard in.

• Locked thread