Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

FuturePastNow posted:

Can't run and gun the new heists like the old ones, have to move slowly and use cover. I think I ate 500 snacks last night.

Remember everyone can load up on free snacks in the Facility on the way to the heist room, even if it isn't your facility!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Hugh Malone posted:

I almost missed broughy's meltdown video lol

He's had it up to here with the sharkcards! The game is ruined, and nobody should buy red dead hahaha

Broughy also got permabanned from GTAO after his livestream Tuesday where he told all his viewers to use mods and glitches for money and not give R* a dime.

(they later unbanned him on PS4 but wiped his account)

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Hugh Malone posted:

I almost missed broughy's meltdown video lol

He's had it up to here with the sharkcards! The game is ruined, and nobody should buy red dead hahaha

I thought he got banhammered.

https://twitter.com/broughy1322/status/940896715808362497

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

BitBasher posted:

Remember everyone can load up on free snacks in the Facility on the way to the heist room, even if it isn't your facility!

I had to pay for my snacks in either Malakai or cute's facility.

I'm not kidding.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

they didn't splurge for the lounge

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Everything in this update so far is 38.55 million dollars(at the trade price). That's 128 hours grinding at $300k an hour or $480 in shark cards . Smuggler's run came out 15 weeks ago, since then they dripfed 25.66 million worth of content That's 85.5 hours grinding at $300k an hour or $320 in shark cards. 213.5 hours grinding for everything or 14 hours a week. $800 in shark cards or 110 hours at the US minimum wage of $7.25 an hour. $800/213.5 hours is $3.75 an hour, just over half of minimum wage.

So you can work a part time job in a video game for 14 hours a week for half of minimum wage to be able to afford all the toys or just pick up 2 shifts a week at taco bell and buy shark cards.

You don't even get free tacos grinding in the game.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Or you could be happy not owning and doing literally everything in a video game that you got your 60$ worth a long time ago but I'm talking to gamers.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I wish you could get tacos from your assistant

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Upgrade to the MK II Burrito

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

hiddenriverninja posted:

they didn't splurge for the lounge

I have the nicest lounge :colbert:

Edit: maybe they have to be in your organization or smth

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Dec 15, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Upgrade to the MK II Burrito

But you need the 2 million dollar taco truck just to upgrade and the 3 million dollar food truck garage just to buy the taco truck.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Is there any way to change the view angle of the behind-the-car / chase cam when driving? It seems like in a bunch of the newer vehicles going back to bunkers, it's real low, like directly behind, instead of above. Minor thing and maybe its just in my head

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Is there any way to change the view angle of the behind-the-car / chase cam when driving? It seems like in a bunch of the newer vehicles going back to bunkers, it's real low, like directly behind, instead of above. Minor thing and maybe its just in my head

Yeah, in display settings i think there's chase cam height, but the only 2 options still seem to be low and lower.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Also gently caress you GTA what are you doing to my controller??!

Windows 10, controller is xbox360(afterglow is the brand) When I start up or just plug it in, all is good, but after a few seconds i hear the USB noise and it changes and is unusable. When I say iot changes, what I mean is the ring around the Xbox logo starts out in upper left, but after the noise it moves to upper right. Apparently this means the controller is registered to Player2 instead of Player1. Uninstalled it completely and rebooted and plugged it back in and it does the same drat thing

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Windows 10, controller is xbox360(afterglow is the brand) When I start up or just plug it in, all is good, but after a few seconds i hear the USB noise and it changes and is unusable. When I say iot changes, what I mean is the ring around the Xbox logo starts out in upper left, but after the noise it moves to upper right. Apparently this means the controller is registered to Player2 instead of Player1. Uninstalled it completely and rebooted and plugged it back in and it does the same drat thing

I use a dual shock 3 with scptoolkit and sometimes it spazzes out and I'll bail out of my cargobob mid-mission. it's infuriating, but it only seems to happen when I use it over bluetooth.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Its USB wired, tried different ports, theres like nowhere in Device Manager or regedit to force it to a certain player. Just now Ive been playing for about an hour, driving fine with it, I jump in a plane for a challenge and <USB noise> it changes. Far as I can tell there's no drivers or software to use with it. I really doubt its the controller itself. I've only noticed it the last week or so, maybe a windows update or some poo poo

Its especially lol for flying becasue my keyboard doesnt have a numpad so it's useless

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

I had that happen once (cheapo Xbox 360 controller made by PDP). On top of that, if I unplug it and plug it back in while the game's running, the game won't recognize it, so I gotta reboot the game if I want it to work again.

I have another PowerA Xbox 360 controller whose left stick keeps drifting leftwardall over the place for some reason. I gotta lay off the cheap controllers.

90s Solo Cup fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Dec 15, 2017

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

It's not just in your head. This has been driving me insane with the new Comet Safari. The chase cam is so low it's basically looking right at the back bumper and I can't see over the roof or anything in front of me. It's p bad.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Hugh Malone posted:

Edit: maybe they have to be in your organization or smth

The people getting free snacks were in my organization, so that may be it.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Powershift posted:

Everything in this update so far is 38.55 million dollars(at the trade price). That's 128 hours grinding at $300k an hour or $480 in shark cards . Smuggler's run came out 15 weeks ago, since then they dripfed 25.66 million worth of content That's 85.5 hours grinding at $300k an hour or $320 in shark cards. 213.5 hours grinding for everything or 14 hours a week. $800 in shark cards or 110 hours at the US minimum wage of $7.25 an hour. $800/213.5 hours is $3.75 an hour, just over half of minimum wage.

So you can work a part time job in a video game for 14 hours a week for half of minimum wage to be able to afford all the toys or just pick up 2 shifts a week at taco bell and buy shark cards.

I'm perfectly fine with people being disappointed with how long it may take to get the things they want in this game but the way you have framed this is absurd.

It's an online portion of a game that has constantly been getting free updates for years when they never had to deliver them. All content is possible to obtain for no money or can be enjoyed without even owning it and none of it necessary to enjoy the online portion of a game that is nearly five years old.

It's been free poo poo for years now so at the very worst, you can just not play it if it doesn't appeal to your sensibilities. Like, you just equated playing the game with working for minimum wage. If that's the way you are inclined to see the game then maybe just don't play it?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Looks like the Hermes and whatever else they give for the Christmas update will be out on Tuesday.
https://www.rockstargames.com/newsw...m_term=newswire

brothertim
Mar 6, 2013

Powershift posted:

Oh man. You'd be better off getting money from a hacker. Even if you get banned, it's still significantly cheaper to re-buy the game and get hackerbux dropped on you again. Not you per-se, but anyone reading this and actually considering spending $800 on shark cards.

I'm not opposed to spending money on a fun game with content updates, but what you get compared to what you spend is a little insane. Like, what, ~$100 for the Oppressor? ~$50 for the delorean?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
That post is not based in any kind of reality and is more appropriate for 36 year old baseball stat nerds still dreaming of playing in the big leagues. Of actual baseball.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

T1g4h posted:

It's not just in your head. This has been driving me insane with the new Comet Safari. The chase cam is so low it's basically looking right at the back bumper and I can't see over the roof or anything in front of me. It's p bad.

hi-5
The new comet is sweet, it drives a lot closer to like the Tropos than the original Comet

Checked out that option and it was set to <low>, changed it to <high> and it's back to tolerable

Some kinda daily free stuff for logging in to dead gay los santos Friday(now)-Monday, it's like free clothes and free ammo/armor, and then a Festive Surprise drops on Tuesday(19th) so that's probably the christmas sweaters and such. Bring on the snow!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mr Scumbag posted:

I'm perfectly fine with people being disappointed with how long it may take to get the things they want in this game but the way you have framed this is absurd.

It's an online portion of a game that has constantly been getting free updates for years when they never had to deliver them. All content is possible to obtain for no money or can be enjoyed without even owning it and none of it necessary to enjoy the online portion of a game that is nearly five years old.

It's been free poo poo for years now so at the very worst, you can just not play it if it doesn't appeal to your sensibilities. Like, you just equated playing the game with working for minimum wage. If that's the way you are inclined to see the game then maybe just don't play it?

The framing is intentionally absurd because the in-game economy is absurd. You have to grind for 15 hours to buy a single vehicle, or pay $40 USD for it. Beyond the first 2-3 million dollars from each new activity, the grind does basically become work. For crates and biker businesses you're a virtual white van man.The old model was $10-$20 expansion packs and reasonable ways to earn that DLC in-game. The new model is ridiculous grinding or $400 expansion packs with a free sample to get you hooked.

You obviously don't need to buy every vehicle that comes out or spend a single cent on anything to use the vehicles from time to time but the pricing and payout structure of everything in the game makes it significantly less fun unless you get mad hackermoney. I got my $180 out of the game, having triple dipped, and wouldn't expect a refund should the day come where i can no longer afford the new toys, but should that day come i will simply stop playing. I probably would have paid $10 for gunrunning or the doomsday heist or smugglers run as a pack, but i'm not going to pay $400 each, I'm not going to work a part time job driving vans or working as a valet in a video game, and aside from the old content getting stale, each new pack seems to balance the game further towards new content.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
The $10-$20 DLC pack model fails all the time in shooters, all it does is divide the player base and scare people off and eventually they give up.

Anyway they confirmed the red dead 2 mission, although I'm concerned that the "headshot challenge" might be something like "headshot a billion people in free roam"

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...m_term=newswire

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

The $10-$20 DLC pack model fails all the time in shooters, all it does is divide the player base and scare people off and eventually they give up.

Anyway they confirmed the red dead 2 mission, although I'm concerned that the "headshot challenge" might be something like "headshot a billion people in free roam"

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...m_term=newswire

It’s “only” 50 kills for the DA revolver.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

NPCs count for headshots too.

just chase a herd of them to the end of the pier and pop-pop-pop-pop

e: of course, a proximity mine on every clue.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 15, 2017

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

For the first clue, what am I looking for? I found where the picture was taken and I've searched around the area for at least 15 minutes and I haven't found a thing.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Jimbot posted:

For the first clue, what am I looking for? I found where the picture was taken and I've searched around the area for at least 15 minutes and I haven't found a thing.

1: Note on the picture on the platform
2: Tree on the eastern side of the circle
3: Cave on the east facing side of the hill beside the stream

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Jimbot posted:

Small white note on a rock at the creek near a bridge, roughly the position the photo would have been taken from.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Sorry for dropping out Ranacher. Those people were driving me insane. For fucks sake we regen to full life on that mission if we just chill a sec and I'm watching people literally stand in the open and get shot to death. Repeatedly. Over and over. That kind of stupid isn't going to get fixed.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The picture I got was one of the railway bridge taken along the valley west of it along the creek.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Powershift posted:

NPCs count for headshots too.

just chase a herd of them to the end of the pier and pop-pop-pop-pop

Oh thank God

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Jimbot posted:

The picture I got was one of the railway bridge taken along the valley west of it along the creek.

Then disregard what I said, didn't know there was more than one picture :) Mine was a picture of a vineyard .

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Do you need to be in a public room or something? I'm just in a friend only game with them and we're trying to figure this poo poo out since neither of our notes are showing up anywhere near where we are finding these locations.

It's doubly annoying since it's on water and I forgot how much I hated the character movement in this game. Feels like I'm swimming in air.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Yes you do need to be in a public session, though

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

I did the chain in a friends only session. I think you have to be in a public session for the headshot challenge though.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I think I'm just going to keep refreshing until I find one of the spots covered by a youtuber. I think it'd save me some time. I just can't find any of these pieces of paper. In this public session I got one of the strip of land on the sea but there are no rocks for the paper to be pinned on around it. Only trees and there's nothing pinned to those.

Edit: Found it

Well, I guess I was doing it wrong the entire time. I thought the paper was at the location of where the picture was taken, not in the area in the picture. Mine is a huge island. All this for a revolver that's probably garbage.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Not that I'll ever buy one, but I am receiving a targeted advertisement that any :sharkcard: purchase will be paid double.

That $100 Sharkcard getting $16,000,000 instead of $8mil almost makes it worth it, but not quite.

• Locked thread