Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

T1g4h posted:

Skip the Stromberg, it's honestly not worth the money. It's really only useful if you want to troll people by hiding underwater with a bounty or the like, otherwise, eh.

Ardent / Stromberg / Deluxo makes a pretty good looking trio in my 'spare utility' garage. Next to the Batmobile lol

For use though? yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I played around with the Stromberg for a night and haven't taken it back out since

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Can tanks be registered as personal vehicles?

The Khanjali starts as one - sort of. The Khanjali, Thruster and Cernobog can be customized and are summonable by the mechanic in free roam, but can only be stored in their special facility slot.

beneatsfood
Feb 19, 2008
The Stromberg is the counter to defeating tryhards in Deluxos

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

lol woops in drove in a puddle

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I love Rescue ULP it's so good for breaking bits of the game and loving around. I parked under the Chernobog for a few seconds.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
loving christ Air Quota is the worst mode

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I miss hunting pack and funnel derby

Miss the goons too

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

have you tried bombushka run tho? :v: (or rhino hunt?)

Rockstar has a history of throwing together half-baked(or even just totally poo poo) adversary modes

I know that some posters in this thread like to bring up hunting pack and sumo (and extraction when it works properly) but for real Rockstar has a lot more poo poo then gems when it comes to their adversary mode missions

KoRMaK posted:

I miss hunting pack and funnel derby

Miss the goons too

miss you too kormak :h:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Anybody experienced having vehicles missing from the Warstock page?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

coupedeville posted:

have you tried bombushka run tho? :v: (or rhino hunt?)

No because it's literally impossible to find players for anything that isn't 2xRP 2x$ on PC

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
I was watching a guide on running biker businesses, and the author mentioned that your businesses won't be attacked while you aren't registered as a president. Can anyone confirm this? And how often are the businesses (crate/biker/gunrunning) in the first place?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Been running through the new heists with my regular crew and while the setup stuff is actually pretty fun the actual heists have been really easy so far and clearly designed in such a way that you get to play with the toys they want you to buy. Is the Act 3 heist any different or sorta the same deal?

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Mostly the same. The setups showcase two of the new vehicles and the finale uses one of them (you get to choose) plus one other at the very end.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Shere posted:

Mostly the same. The setups showcase two of the new vehicles and the finale uses one of them (you get to choose) plus one other at the very end.

Eh, that's kinda lame. I'm really only playing the game for the heists at this point since I'm not spending any money on shark cards and don't have the time to grind to actually buy any of this cool poo poo they keep releasing. Fortunately the setup missions have been fun and the payouts aren't complete garbage.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

I mean, there's a lengthy portion of the mission itself where you're on foot fighting infinitely respawning enemies. It's probably the most difficult of the three heist finales. If only barely.

I cleared it without any issue on the first try with two other people who know how to play the game.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
The SAM truck mission was the worst possible setup to try and sell me on it. Just terrible.

I’m not sure why rockstar suddenly got extremely effective at saving me money, maybe someone is trying to sneak coded messages for help out.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

Something funny I found out last night.

I bought the security room for the facility and that puts the security gate in with a monitoring room. On the table in there it puts a Minigun pickup. I brought my two friends who are double digit ranks in there and they could both pick it up and buy ammo for it, circumventing the rank 130 requirement and purchase price.

Same seems to work for the RPG pickup at the firing range in the Bunker.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

What? I love it!

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Ask me how bad my friend is at the Fleeca Job hacking minigame:

When we finished the heist, I sent him the pic with the message "You made all these people late for work."

Is there some secret to using armor from the inventory? Every time I go into Ammunation I buy up to 8 of every armor but when I go to Inventory to use it there's just one set, usually the lightest armor. I also don't get the gun locker, I set all my weapons but it seems to reset when I pick up a weapon in game or when I go to story mode or maybe when I breathe funny...

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Araganzar posted:

Is there some secret to using armor from the inventory? Every time I go into Ammunation I buy up to 8 of every armor but when I go to Inventory to use it there's just one set, usually the lightest armor. I also don't get the gun locker, I set all my weapons but it seems to reset when I pick up a weapon in game or when I go to story mode or maybe when I breathe funny...

That sounds hosed up because I can't buy more than 10 armors. period. once you buy 10 armors it says you can't hold any more.

So it would be impossible to buy 8 of each armor.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I thought they removed the level rank requirements for weapons awhile back. Or am I mixing that up with another game entirely

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

I was watching a guide on running biker businesses, and the author mentioned that your businesses won't be attacked while you aren't registered as a president. Can anyone confirm this? And how often are the businesses (crate/biker/gunrunning) in the first place?

True. If something is full full, I wait til I'm in the bldg to register the mc. You won't get attacked while you're inside.

If you have two full things and don't want to be attacked after selling one, spam the interaction menu after your sale and disband immediately. Reband at your other business

The bisinesses get attacked when they're probably half full or better. You get a prompt, and you have to pay attention to the instructions or you'll ruin everything and lose your stuff

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

If your business is getting attacked you can always bounce out to single or quit to stop it

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

I thought they removed the level rank requirements for weapons awhile back. Or am I mixing that up with another game entirely

They removed vehicle rank requirements a while ago, I think about the time of Gunrunning.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Shere posted:

Something funny I found out last night.

I bought the security room for the facility and that puts the security gate in with a monitoring room. On the table in there it puts a Minigun pickup. I brought my two friends who are double digit ranks in there and they could both pick it up and buy ammo for it, circumventing the rank 130 requirement and purchase price.

Same seems to work for the RPG pickup at the firing range in the Bunker.

Yeah, but IIRC when they log out and back in it's gone and so is all the cash they spent on ammo for it.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

I'll have to check with them tonight to see. Neither of them dropped the 30k or whatever to max it out, but it sure made the heist missions with the juggernauts easier.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
I haven't played this game since launch and since heists came out. I'm played on 360 and I'm trying to transfer my character to PS4. I've already linked my PS4 account and 360 account to my social club account. I can't find any transfer character option at all. Has anyone done this before? I've read it's possible.

When I go to the Online menu it just gives me "Crews", "Choose Character" and "Play GTA Online". I tried Choose character it just sends me to the character creator. Play GTA Online doesn't give me many options either.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Last gen character transfer ended March 6, 2017

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

Last gen character transfer ended March 6, 2017
drat well that sucks. Thanks.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
drat. rip

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
If you decide to do a new character I'm malakai713 on psn, hmu

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Played Air Quota last night and it was actually pretty good....sorta.

I say "sorta" because while I'm pretty good at flying, I suck when it comes to dogfighting. Plus the guns on every plane and heli other than the Hydra and Savage feel weak as poo poo.

80k to 120k in funbux for 4 rounds isn't too bad, but my chances of playing it when it's not 2X money/RP are nearly nil.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Why,does this thread have a persistent ghost post it kills me

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action
The Stromberg is really, really good. It can tank 3 or so rocket hits, and shoots Ruiner missiles that don't miss. I was dropping it out of the Avenger and killing Deluxos midair. Hard counter to Deluxo, Oppressor & Vigilante. Went 4 and 1 against an Akula.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Locobono posted:

The Stromberg is really, really good. It can tank 3 or so rocket hits, and shoots Ruiner missiles that don't miss. I was dropping it out of the Avenger and killing Deluxos midair. Hard counter to Deluxo, Oppressor & Vigilante. Went 4 and 1 against an Akula.

And here I was thinking the Stromberg was just another gimmickmobile. Could have used it on the tryhard dweeb who was flying around in a Deluxo while permanently off the radar a couple of days ago.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Domestic Amuse posted:

Played Air Quota last night and it was actually pretty good....sorta.

I say "sorta" because while I'm pretty good at flying, I suck when it comes to dogfighting. Plus the guns on every plane and heli other than the Hydra and Savage feel weak as poo poo.

80k to 120k in funbux for 4 rounds isn't too bad, but my chances of playing it when it's not 2X money/RP are nearly nil.

I would like Air Quota a lot more if I had an alternate control method. Are you able to hook up a joystick for just flying or is the game strict on controller vs. keyboard? I just can't stand keyboard dogfighting. I did discover during the Prison Break finale that I'm a much better drunk pilot because I went through about 3 ounces of gin on it.

Our first attempt went really well with me landing on a strip of sand next to the road...until our fearless leader ran straight into the propeller. This wouldn't have been a problem except someone else didn't know how parachutes worked and splattered on the cliffside at the very end, forcing a restart.

Second attempt failed from someone else dying. Third attempt I impulsively (and drunkenly) landed on a road near the prison that I thought had enough space, only to hook my wing against a telephone pole and swing around 90 degrees to another road just gently enough to avoid damage. I made the second takeoff with about 2 feet to spare flying over a dump truck and nearly colliding with a police helicopter.

I'm not even rank 20 yet so I'm not jaded enough to hate everything. I do keep blowing my money on clothes because I'm addicted to virtual paper doll games.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

I would like Air Quota a lot more if I had an alternate control method. Are you able to hook up a joystick for just flying or is the game strict on controller vs. keyboard? I just can't stand keyboard dogfighting. I did discover during the Prison Break finale that I'm a much better drunk pilot because I went through about 3 ounces of gin on it.

Our first attempt went really well with me landing on a strip of sand next to the road...until our fearless leader ran straight into the propeller. This wouldn't have been a problem except someone else didn't know how parachutes worked and splattered on the cliffside at the very end, forcing a restart.

Second attempt failed from someone else dying. Third attempt I impulsively (and drunkenly) landed on a road near the prison that I thought had enough space, only to hook my wing against a telephone pole and swing around 90 degrees to another road just gently enough to avoid damage. I made the second takeoff with about 2 feet to spare flying over a dump truck and nearly colliding with a police helicopter.

I'm not even rank 20 yet so I'm not jaded enough to hate everything. I do keep blowing my money on clothes because I'm addicted to virtual paper doll games.

You can instantly change between controller and keyboard. I generally use a controller for driving and flying , but prefer keyboard+mouse for on foot combat.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Yeah, there is no problem leaving a controller plugged in and switching back and forth or even using controller/mouse/keyboard at the same time.

Last night's activity was re-organizing a nearly full CEO garage, moving cars between garages, and then sorting them within each garage. For awhile some pubby was camped out across the street watching 20 cars worth of A)materialize on street B)spin a donut C)pull back into garage. No shots fired so was probably just AFK.

I got progressively higher while doing this, so when I was done I bought a crate to run, just to see what was going on. Instead of using one of my cars, I jacked some stupid slow 4-door from in front of the office. The crate was a mission where the green rumpo van is on the move.As I was catching it on the west side of the map, near the one bunker, some NPC traffic hosed me up and the van's lead got a little bit longer. I also found out that the green van is slightly faster than whatever POS I was using. That motherfucker drove all the way up north to paleto, then back around on the east side of the city. Past the docks, and back on the highway that would lead us right back to where we started. By this time, the timer was ticking down, and I maybe had enough time to get back back to my warehouse once I caught the van. Except then some other dickhead NPC swerved and ran me into a couple indestructible trees I couldn't get the van out of. I was done for the night after that lol

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Started playing this again and I have zero clue what to do.

I tried a couple races but someone was making the person in 2nd place constantly explode so they could stay in 1st. I clued into this by being third, taking over 2 and 1 at the same time, exploding in the middle of the road and then exploding any time I got back to 2nd.

People were yelling at them in chat to no avail.

It hacking really prevalent or did I get a bad server?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

If you're on PC, you can pretty much assume that any lobby with > about 8 people has at least one hacker/modder in it

• Locked thread