Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Pirate Jet posted:

Does strength stat still increase your max health? I read that it doesn't, but it still increases resistance to damage, which is basically the same thing. What's the fastest way to max that out?

I'm not 100% but I think having higher strength might also decrease fall damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Hugh Malone posted:

I know that can happen sometimes if you don't leave GTA online before quitting the game, also can happen if Rockstar cloud services are down...

Also, during missions, you only keep ammo that you actually buy, but I don't think you keep things you pick up off of NPCs beyond the session.

The only exception to that rule I know of is in Cypress flats LTS, you can keep the crow bar and baseball bat forever

Are there any missions or deathmatches where you can pick up a Musket?

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Scyron posted:

no.

The musket was an independence day item that was for a limited time, as is the fireworks launcher, gausberg sweeper and roosevelt vehicle.

I know that, I had one but it got deleted from my inventory when the LTS patch came out. I was hoping I could pick one up and it would recognize that it was on my purchased list once.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Sorry if this has been posted before but.... if I make a new character on PS4 before I transfer my PS3 character will there be any issues when I go to transfer?

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Has anybody played Hasta La Vista yet?

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Slim Killington posted:

Wait, did we just finish the cop station setup mission without having to destroy the cop car?

I managed to do that by just going directly to the Police Station where the schedule is. Bypassed the entire steal/destroy Police Cruiser part of the mission.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Songbearer posted:

Need to know for a friend: Is there a chicken mask?

Not that I know of. There is/was Eagle, Owl and Vulture masks. I think those are the only bird masks.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

I wonder if you'll be able to change your characters appearance again for the triple-transfer players.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Dezztroy posted:

What's the best/coolest motorcycle? I bought the Thrust and while it's red and goes fast, the rider's posture looks kinda weird for a sport bike.

I'd probably give the edge to the Bati, Just because popping a wheelie and hopping a guardrail to escape is very handy in free roam.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

net cafe scandal posted:

Oh, you're right. Still, I think the Savage is worth a buy.

Is it just me or is the Savage prone to umm....flipping?

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

hellfaucet posted:

OK gentle goons, I need some suggestions on which vehicles I should purchase from here. Looking for fun times/comdey/useful, not really a big supercar fan.

Futo for fun times, Panto for comedy and a Jester because they're useful and easy to drive.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Where the hell has all this Voltic love come from? It still flips like gently caress doesn't it?

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

net cafe scandal posted:

Is it still possible to get the crowbar in Online?

Should be. I picked mine up during a job, Cypress Flats LTS I think it was. Otherwise you could jump through melee only deathmatches trying to find it.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Pumpy Dumper posted:

So I bought a whippet bike and keep it in my safehouse. If I lose it do I have to buy another or can I insure it or something?

You have to buy another one if it gets destroyed. Bicycles don't have insurance. Pretty sure they have trackers though.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

titties posted:

Compared to sport bikes, sure. As far as cruisers go, it's one of the fastest.

Yeah the Innovation is the fastest cruiser, Although admittedly DarkMalfunction is correct in that the difference isn't too noticeable.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Robo Reagan posted:

Which bikes are good for general mission stuff? I just got my PC back and now there's a bunch of options instead of the Bati or the Bati with some racing stickers.

Bati is the best for missions because you can pop wheelies and jump barriers and such with it. Akuma is a fast motherfucker but the front wheel barely comes off the road.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Tommychu posted:

So I had a benevolent hacker encounter and now I've got 2mil to blow (would have more but I got shot in the cash dogpile and spawned too far out to get much more) and just got a third garage to fill. I've got these:
Rhapsody
Akuma
Sultan
Fugitive
Dominator
Sabre
Elegy
Jester
Mesa
Zion
Dukes
Sadler
Monroe
Entity
Buzzard
Anybody seeing a large hole in there I can fill? I'm more than happy with my Entity still so I don't think another supercar is a wise investment (unless those two new ones are a lot faster) but I'm kinda weak in the offroad department I think, and I'm sure there are a couple other good cars I'm missing.

Everybody needs a custom Sanchez. Also an Insurgent.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

All the Vehicles from the Humane Labs Raid are now half price.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

T1g4h posted:

I had a Voodoo for a while but ended up selling it for the exact reasons you described. If you could at least get a clean variant with no rust, i'd be all about that life. But it doesn't have any real customization and it's basically pointless except for real gimmicky cruising

Clean Voodoo might be coming in the next update.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

T1g4h posted:

It'll never happen, but it'd be nice if the next update that adds a bunch of cars also let us finally buy a 4th goddamn garage

I'd rather more outfit slots.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

AirRaid posted:

Count the Sultans!

Just in traffic near the Alta street apartment.

"Rare".

Do you own a Sultan? I've been thinking going into your garage might effect car spawns.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Wee Bairns posted:

The guns aren't even an option, as the car has been, according to the website lore, decommissioned.

That's even worse because the guns are still on the hood.

Taunting us.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

UserErr0r posted:

Does GTA Online let you move a character back and forth between PC and PS4? A friend plays it on PS4 with one of their friends, but I might encourage them to play on PC as well, if they don't mind being double dipped for $60.

Theres no "back and forth" its a one time character copy. Your PS4 and PC characters are separate entities at that point.

You can port PS4 to PC but not PC to PS4 if I understand correctly.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

HORMELCHILI posted:

man it would be cool if they did something to the map like the snow, for halloween

It would be cool if they turned on one of those vintage filters from Michael's mystery mission-line.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

UserErr0r posted:

My Dukes are gone

Apparently the update caused a glitch with the returning player vehicles.

Also how much is it to buy and fully customize a Moonbeam? I kinda want to wait until the new Halloween car drops to get that first.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

T1g4h posted:

Speaking of horns, when are we gonna get train horns, fog horns, and other obnoxious poo poo? Clown horn is hilarious but I want to annoy the piss out of pubbies in Armored Kurumas

I want the Insurgent and Liberator horns available to buy.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Zigmidge posted:

Yeah it was like a month long too

Get out of here with your facts, This threads for bashing Rockstar.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Aardmania posted:

I just did a test. On a character slot where I had bought the Halloween cars but did not buy the horns, I couldn't buy the horns on any car, including the Halloween cars. On a character where I did buy the horns, I do have the option to add those horns to any car.
I think the bobbleheads work the same way, where any purchased ones can be added to cars that allow them.

Crap, I knew I should have grabbed that Wolfman bobblehead.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

titties posted:

Yes, the entry price for the basic yacht with no customization is $6 million.

I bought the most expensive yacht and it comes with a helicopter, several Speedophiles, a RHIB, and that expensive italian speedboat.

Also a hot lady bartender, a captain eternally entombed inside the bridge, and a jacuzzi.

The best part about this update is that your Yachts personal water and aircraft use the same color scheme as your Yacht.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Aardmania posted:

Festive Surprise newswire post is out.

Items will be available until January 5th, and there is a mention of other free gifts that will be given out. I don't see anything about the Tampa or fireworks though.

"Free gifts" is probably a full Fireworks Launcher ammo plus some molotovs.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Akion posted:

When the hell did R* nerf the loving Cargobob? I can't carry poo poo 20 feet before it falls off now.

Chances are it wasn't intentional.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Anyone log in to find their original Sultan missing from their garage? Apparently its been happening to some people.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Lmao indeed. Unexplained stuff like that in games is a pet peeve of mine nowadays. Didn't think training Strength (I totally forgot avatar RPG-like stats were a thing) would give DR, either. I'm learning things today!

Training Strength also makes you go up ladders faster. Because reasons.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Medullah posted:

So I just got GTA 5 for PS4, and the friends I play with are much higher level. What is the best way to get my driving/shooting/etc skills up in the time I'm not playing with them? Is the only way jumping into random online sessions? Or is there anything I can do solo?

Solo bicycle races until you have max stamina. You could also solo golf for strength.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

hellfaucet posted:

Any word yet on when/if there will be a V-Day event and if I'll finally be able to buy my Roosevelt? Some hacker had to have gotten the deets so far, right?

How about right now? The Valentines Update is live.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

hellfaucet posted:

So double RP for riding with other players and half off SMG ammo clearly means we should be rolling around in Insurgents/Armored Limo and pubbie hunting for the next couple days, right?

More like this.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Floppychop posted:

The Cargobob not being available through Pegasus is proof enough that Rockstar hates fun.

Didn't stop people from buying it with the in-game URL exploit.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Mokbek posted:

This game seriously needs a flamethrower.

The Fireworks Launcher is the closest we're gonna get I think.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

subx posted:

Hyrda is probably the most fun for free mode shenanigans. Buzzard is just a good all-around thing to have, and you can instant-spawn it next to you while you are a VIP. And the Insurgent is just a huge rear end cool car, but doesn't have a whole lot of practicality over a Karuma, so you are just buying it for cool factor.

There is also the Savage to consider, it is really good as well. A bit slower than a buzzard but has a really awesome nose gun (the same 50 cal thing you get in a hydra).

So in short, all are good to have, but if you are only going to get one, probably the Buzzard because of the VIP interaction.

Does the Savage co-pilot have access to missiles or is that still not in? Because the Savage has no missile reload time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Montalvo posted:

The new weapons look fun.

Can be used on Bikes too.

• Locked thread
«2 »