Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

taters posted:

The CEO menu doesn't summon armored versions of the vehicles. Boo.

Still, the XLS meets my needs. An armored 4 passenger vehicle that doesn't have a special icon and you can toss stickies from it. Takes 2 RPG/Stickies to destroy it. Its also pretty good for covering with stickies and ramming sell vehicles; the bullet resistant windows + ducking keeps me alive until I can send the infidels to hell.

Does anyone have opinions on which CEO ground vehicles are the best for simple transportation?

The Turreted Limo is on sale if that interests you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Inspector Hound posted:

Yes you do, and holding sprint will accelerate you to the speed you'd get from tapping the button

You also swim faster in first person.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

SplitSoul posted:

So, anybody come up with a good name for our MC?

Sons of Lowtax: Awful Originals.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

marshmallow creep posted:

My friends are trying to do Pacific Standard and were curious how to correctly do the Karuma trick. I've done it legitimately before, but I'm hoping that I can get my friends a relatively painless payout.

So someone correct me if I'm missing something, but from what I've read:

• You need to own the apartment near where the bikes are stowed. May not actually be required but much more useful than trying to get to any other apartment.
  • The apartment owner needs to own an armored Karuma and have it assigned to that garage.
  • You need the money bag carrier to step out of the bank long enough to trigger the waypoints for the escape route, and then have them duck back in.
  • The others (the car owner is enough, really) need to go to where the bikes are. Destroying the bikes is optional? I've seen videos of it with and without destroying the bikes. Also some sources say the car owner must be in the Crowd Control role--the Hacker would not be able to make it work.
  • The car owner needs to climb up to where their apartment front door is located and go in. They can buzz in their friends in if they like but it's not necessary? I've read that there can be some inconsistency about getting into your apartment at this step?
  • Take the Karuma back to the bank and collect Mr. or Mrs. Moneybags for the trip up the mountain.

Do I have any misapprehensions in this list?

I could've sworn the Kuruma needed to be in a specific car slot too.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Powershift posted:

I can't wait until every loving supercar theft mission is "drive across map, get into truck that's towing fast cars, drive truck back across the map"

While in free-roam getting chased by Hydras.

• Locked thread