Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?
Has anyone ever gotten an invite for a random heist to work, or an invite to a friends game to work? Every single time I've tried it I get "player is no longer in session" or "session full" even when my friend is sitting 3 feet away IRL and I can see he is still in the session alone.

Its as if the only way to play with friends for PC at the moment is through crews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

Rockstar really needs to get on the ball and make an option for disabling getting booted back to singleplayer when game is full/host disconnected/cannot connect to game/cannot find a public lobby/etc. I'm playing multiplayer, I don't want it to waste time loading singleplayer when I'm not going to play singleplayer. At present, this game is more like GTA: Loading Screen.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

What is the shortcut to bring up rockstar social club in-game? I'm trying to communicate and organize poo poo and its hard as hell because you can't friend people from most screens and theres no private messaging system except through the social club

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

Where the heck do you see your daily challenges on the PC version? I've honestly spent more than an hour looking for this and simply can't find it. It seems so 'obvious' that nobody mentions it. I looked through every menu I know of. I do get a text message from simeon with a list of cars to steal, but this is apparently unrelated.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

Broken Cog posted:

Flight School owns.

The helicopter challenges blows, though. Especially the shooting gallery one.

That one? Got gold on the first try, I got to 25 kills only at the very last second though.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

Ever since I reached level 70, Whenever I join a public session and hear a bunch of annoying pubbies I just spawn in a tank and start slaughtering them. Since freeroam is a mandatory deathmatch, I might as well be the best at it.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

Crossposting from custom dev thread:
These crazy custom sky races deserve an honorable mention. This was the best video I could find relatively quick, but there are already plenty of good sky races out there and more sure to come.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

Tommychu posted:

Finally off the 360 pain train. Holy poo poo the PC version is like a whole different game coming from that. Just a sidenote, I don't actually have a keyboard, or mic for that matter so I'm not going to be able to communicate very well if at all if any of you run in to me.
Good seeing you again, marzzle. Been a while.

How exactly does one use a PC without a keyboard?

I too do not have a mouse, monitor, keyboard, gamepad, or joystick.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

I'm just getting back into GTA: Online. Took a hiatus during the summer, just finished up the singleplayer. At about level 90, I'll be looking to do heists and such. (PC)

Eregos fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Sep 6, 2015

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

Anybody still need to do race trading? My ID: Versocrity . Platform: PC. I haven't done any race trading yet.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

Technically this answer exists somewhere on the internet but I can't find it.
IIRC there are 2 kinds of armored outfits in heists (not including normal bodyarmor).
1.The huge super heavy kind where you can't jump at all. This one is used in some singleplayer heists. IIRC it's also used in the pacific standard finale.
2. The 'heist heavy combat' outfit and bulletproof helmet sold in stores after the LTS update. Reduces damage by 50% in heists & setups, the outfit supposedly does nothing in freemode. Except the helmet does reduce damage in freemode.

100% of discussions are about type #2, I haven't found anyone talking about how to get/keep type #1 in freemode. I'm guessing if you got lucky and a hacker teleported you to your safehouse during pacific standard and you saved the type #1 outfit, you get to keep it forever? It would be nice to find a way to save type #1 as an outfit.

edit: It seems like alt+enter (windows 7) on GTA 5 prevents me getting kicked every 2 minutes when I alt tab. Good, otherwise I was going to write an autohotkey script to send keypresses to GTA 5, getting kicked constantly is so annoying.

double edit: Finally got around to making a keyboard macro for snacks and bodyarmor after dying stupidly in a heist setup. It's so useful I can't believe I didn't do this earlier. Logitech 4 Lyfe.

Eregos fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Sep 6, 2015

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

Me (Versocrity), UserSA and C0upedeville need one more person (PC) for criminal masterminds.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

Alright, we found someone, Thrax23, not sure if that's you

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

It looks like I finally pressed the 'buy all ammo' button, in a manner of speaking. A hacker in a random contact job gave me all the guns and full ammo. The extra guns disappeared when I joined a new session, but I definitely kept the ammo. No way I had all this stuff before.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

To complain about something else: What's up with the lack of any text box or filters for GTA online playlists? Seriously the ONLY way I can search playlists is 'any publisher' and sorting by date or plays. It's like they want to make it impossible for me to search by name or any way that is actually useful. I wanted to make a playlist of wall races and sky races and other cool poo poo but R* is totally cockblocking me. Seriously, it's like they purposely deactivated useful features. If I try to sort by name, suddenly all the results disappear.

e: this is on the website too so there's really no excuse

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

The lack of being able to search playlists really gets under my skin because it is so transparently obvious that there is no legitimate reason for it.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

I'm guessing it's not likely that me (Versocrity), Thrax, User and C0updeville will be able to get together at the same time again to finish 'all in order' and 'loyalty'? Getting the same 4 people back together by chance is nearly impossible, I've had this experience with arranged teams in starcraft 2. Teams of 3 occasionally get back together, but add in a 4th and suddenly the chances drop to about 0%. Won't happen unless we pick a time. I've been holding off on doing heists for a few days so it would be good to know either way.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

I still haven't broken our heist streak, but I'm thinking about it. I'll wait until Sunday probably to break our heist streak if we haven't gotten back together by then.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

Finally beat the goddamn par time on the new time challenge. Less than 2 seconds to spare. 50k ain't bad, but unless you've got a fully modded superbike ready to go, it ain't worth it. Using Supercars seems to be hopeless, you have to use a motorcycle and be perfect.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

coupedeville posted:

i got it with my T20

scrubs

If there's any supercar that can do it it would be the T-20. I won't have one of those fully modded until a hacker drops me money, realistically

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

I tried the 'Kill List Competitive' freemode game. It's a pretty good troll by Rockstar. At first I just killed all the pubbies trying to get to the job. Then I realized you had to have no wanted level in order to start. Then I finally got into a plane, and it requires a 2nd player. Then after a second player gets in, ONLY THEN does the 3 minute timer start. Then the mission begins, and you can shoot down a total of ~8 merryweather jets. This takes about 1 minute. The mission timer continues for another 9 minutes, which I spent trolling people in the hydra. From your perspective, everyone is in passive mode, but you can shoot at them anyway to scare them. Finally, the mission ended and I got $30,000.

tl;dr - Kill List is a troll by Rockstar. The most efficient use of the job is to just kill all the pubbies trying to reach it. Actually playing the job isn't really worth it except maybe once as a laugh.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

DarkMalfunction posted:

I suck at driving, and really want to complete that time trial - I've tried in a Jester (non-racecar edition) and a Sanchez, and I still keep missing out by 20 seconds. I memorised where the end point was and set a waypoint so I can immediately just go, but am I best off just heading straight to it offroad the entire way, rather than going on any roads at all? I.e. what route is best?

e: just read previous pages, don't have supercar or akuma, nor the funds for one, might just give up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--hXB5FWKq4

I think it's with an Akuma. The Akuma itself is cheap but the upgrades will set you back at least $54,000. Finish one time trial with it and it'll pay for itself. The bigger inconvenience is not having all the upgrades unlocked already. I did racetrading for that, I made my own little playlist with tiny tracks to vary things up.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

DarkMalfunction posted:

Awesome, I've marked the route on paper with a pen and I practice in a closed session - managed to shave about 10 seconds off my time so far using an Innovation, just need to actually remember to buy an Akuma and get the cash/races to upgrade it the next time I log in.

Just annoyed I didn't get enough money to get the Armored Kuruma or Zentorno whilst they were 50% off - gently caress paying real money for those things.

After seeing how the cash lobbies have dried up, I regretted missing out on the 'double cash for heist X' weeks last month. I just keep telling myself that hackers will gain a practical ability to distribute cash again. Reading hacker forums yields some evidence this may happen.

Also, I'm playing heists again tonight one way or another. I'll only hold off if Thrax really believes he'll be able to get on with us again. I'm essentially broke so not doing heists for a long period is problematic.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

My advice: doing heist finales with pubbies (especially the prison heist) is generally a pointless exercise. Someone will always die/disconnect/fail the objective near the very end. Disconnects are the worst because all progress on the finale is completely wiped out, forcing you to completely remake. Occasionally you will find a good crew that can handle things but that is rare at best.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

I still have free time for now, Normally the PC goons are active from the evening until early AM US Eastern time. I'd love to get in on some heists action. Maybe we can actually do all in order/loyalty - it's a $2 million bonus for all the heists. I never did the elite challenges either. That, plus criminal mastermind ($10 million) are the only achievements in GTA:Online that give extra cash. All in order/loyalty go along with criminal mastermind, so even if we fail criminal mastermind again we can at least finish those 2. In-game I'm Versocrity.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

I plan to be on tonight to play with PC goons. I actually still want to do more heists, I've only done each of them 1-2 times and they're pretty fun. I'll also be looking for more efficient ways of making money. I also haven't done the lowriders missions. But I too have come to the opinion that the fun of this game is massively diluted without goons. I hang out in mumble to check who's there under Ereg0s, but when I'm actually ready to play I'll be Versocrity.

Is there goons PC steam community for GTA:O? Could be a better way to stay in touch than idling endlessly in mumble. I'm Eregos in steam (Wana, federally administered tribal area, pakistan [from my terrorist trolling days])

Eregos fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Apr 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

Finally beat a goddamn time trial in a car

Managed to save it from the water afterwards, just barely. Being upside down was the least of my concerns.
Looks like most of the goons went to sleep, I'll probably have to get on a bit earlier than midnight CST.

• Locked thread