Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Interesting. The orange ball that sits on top of the juice stands near Grapeseed and the observatory no longer despawns when you roll or drive it away. It only despawned after I died.

I was able to take this one into Los Santos for a round of bowling on the freeway. I guess this means that we can also have car soccer matches now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
I had a strange bug earlier today when I was exiting my garage. I left in my Sandking at the same time as another player who was on foot did. My Sandking ran him over, but instead of stopping at the end of the driveway and returning control to me, it continued on to the street. The truck then turned back towards the building and scraped the wall on the side of the driveway. I tried to exit the truck or to drive away, but I couldn't as I was still in the animation. I had to wait and watch for 5 minutes as my truck slowly pulled forward, cranked the wheel, reverse, and crank back over and over again until it finally reached the street.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhR6SdxarKg

I've had another one that I've been able to reproduce fairly consistently. On the Potshot mission, I've been stopping the van by blocking the brige and yanking the van driver to the ground. If you shoot him with a high powered weapon, the game will attempt to push him though the bridge, but then fail, causing him to spasm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TUv-R9qSLs

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen

im pooping! posted:

Probably going down a hill or something, try topping your car out on a highway and it doesn't work.

By the time you're going 140 down a hill you're going so remarkably fast that you are almost guaranteed to crash the car before you decide to slow down.

It might be a speed record you set on the 360/PS3 that was carried over when you did the character transfer. The Rockstar Social Club lists my top speed on the XBOne as 18,894.69 MPH in the fire truck, but I set that when I was doing the gate launches on the 360.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
Wait, NPCs can set off your proximity mines? So much for my clothing shop trap.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen

Roobsa posted:

What outfit do you need to wear to be able to get the free festive hats? They're all greyed out saying my outfit isn't compatible. I'm dressed as a bloody elf. That should be enough.

Does your character have a ponytail? I couldn't select many of the hats until I changed my hairstyle.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
I had a strange bug with the crate drops today. I picked up a crate in one lobby, and switched characters. In the new lobby, I got the 'A crate has dropped' notification as soon as I left my garage. I thought that I would be too late, but I drove over to the crate anyways. I was the first to arrive at the crate, even though I had to drive from Del Perro Heights to the beach north of Fort Zancudo. It was as if no-one else had received the crate message.

The crate wasn't there, even though it showed on the mini-map. I drove over the spot where it should have been, and then the package fell from the sky without a crate. I picked it up, and it had all the items that should be in a special crate.

http://youtu.be/8SkNGkWgGyE

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
Just a quick heads up for those still looking for them, the current special crate has the Patriot beer hat. I managed to snag one, switched sessions, and immediately had another crate drop and snagged that one as well.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen

geeves posted:

They change every day at 7pm EST. Here's what's been released so far

The special crate has updated and now contains the KDST shirt.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
There is a glitch within the LSC menus that adds the 'Sad Trombone' horn to your cars for free, and it works on the modded Dubstas. If you take the car there, go to the Suspension settings and make sure it has the stock suspension. Then, go to the horn menu and you should see a checkmark beside the trombone horn. Select it, and it will equip it for free. You can now sell the car for an additional 10k. On the Dubsta, this made the sale price $34,000.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Can I get the hearse as my personal vehicle and if so how do I reliably spawn it?

The hearse will spawn if another player who has one takes it over to the graveyard or church parking lots. You can then take the spawned car over to your garage or LSC.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen

CappyBottoms posted:

Anyone on Xbox One have a Romero that can help me spawn one?

I have one. I'm on for a bit now and will be back on later tonight.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
Just a quick clip of tonight's Sandking (and Transit Bus) rampage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GudBy3AxgIU

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen

Cute as heck posted:

Just want to make sure it's not just me. The texture for the men's "Red Checked Untucked" shirt looks loving terrible, right? As if it was ripped directly from the last gen version and not upscaled at all.

You're not kidding. The last gen version (the smaller one in the photo) looks much better than the current one.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
That wasn't from the clothing selection screen. The pictures were taken in free roam with the Snapmatic. I just posed it inside the store to try to keep the light levels the same for both pictures.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
This one is mine.

This plate belongs to a family member.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen

Trevor! Your shipment of personal massagers has arrived.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen

Thanks for delivering my car to me, Johnny on the spot. Next time, could you try to not show off your parking skills?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
Rockstar still needs to do a little work on its ferry boat DLC pack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtmbImtouuc

The heat activated ejection seats appear to be working just fine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyNxBU6qzg0

Aardmania fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jan 31, 2015

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
The Dubsta is still spawning and the sad trombone trick is also working. It could be that the maintenance was to fix something on last-gen.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
The name of the challenge I just ran is ko. It is a 5 lap super car Criminal Records race . You need to have $250k in your bank account to play it and you can only play one challenge per day per character.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen

Wee Bairns posted:

A few pics from tonight. We couldn't get in the full cool kids party, so we made our own fun.

aardmania found a car in a curious predicament, so Jay and I helped it out.

The part you missed was the car shaking itself to death while it was trapped in the billboard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v85W6RRibN0

Wee Bairns posted:

Later on, the Dodo became a source of entertainment, crashes notwithstanding..

Please fasten all cargo on the pontoons before departure.

The Dodo is known for its ability to land quickly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ppIZH3mhH8

Might as well share my view of the attempted water landing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkBCxJA4N7w

Aardmania fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 8, 2015

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen

geeves posted:

Some rumblings on the GTA Forums: Looks like they did update the tuneables file and nerfed the Sad Trombone price. Instead of 23k the horn is now 12k and Dubstas are selling for about 7k less at 29k. Still free to add apparently, but I think it was changed to stop the Rebel / Rat Loader selling in the short term. Being R* the price will probably return to normal once a patch is released.

I just sold a modded yellow Sandking for 23k instead of the usual 30k it brings in. The horn was still free as you noted.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen

Wee Bairns posted:

A few pics I wanted to share real quick...
Jay and Lasagna reenacting Titanic on the beach...with the actual music playing it was absolutely priceless.....

Horse Factory is always a clusterfuck, and then this happened to my "General Wee"...

Later on we went flying, though my clip of the Jay/Lasagna Micheal Bay hangar landing didn't survive...

edit: The smoke from the Dodo was because I'm a dumbass who shot the fuselage by mistake...

Here's my view of the hangar incident.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WTj0oynqH8

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
After the races last night, Wee Bairns decided to test the latest in ejection seat technology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6nFZIq5RRw

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
We had a wave of goon mass panic last night during a delicate flight maneuver. Only Wee Bairns and I were able to keep calm throughout it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoCAHxuX_So

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen

Wee Bairns posted:

We've managed to figure out how to glitch a huge cargo hauler, which is usually unavailable in 'regular' GTA Online, into game. Pics to follow.

I think this is the one that actually survived the trip to the Maze Bank building.

Here's my video of its return to street level:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56E09A8jchE

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
Obviously what this game needs is a proper vehicle registration system. All new cars will require a trip to both the DMV office conveniently located in Paleto Bay and to the Mors Mutual insurance office located by the Los Santos International airport. Failure to do so will mean an immediate 3-star wanted level and a hefty fine.

Aardmania fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Mar 5, 2015

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
The $250k crew challenges appear to be back. I just did one on XB1 that was a fake Criminal Records that forced you to reverse twice at the finish line and that was locked to first person SUVs.

edit: I found another fake Criminal Records 250k race. This one is a single lap super car race that has cargo containers blocking the road and an deceptively low time. My guess is that they are creating a challenge with a custom race, setting a time, and then going back and editing the race to put in a barrier.

Aardmania fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 6, 2015

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
I'm really liking the new fight animations that come with this update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FsDxlO1N-U

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen

Agoat posted:

How do I prompt the update on Xbone?

Just start the game. It will prompt you for a download.

The XB1 update is clocking in at 4.2 GB for me, and the PS4 is showing up as 4.75 GB. I wonder why there is that much of a size difference between the two?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
Tuxedos, coveralls and bio-hazard suits are available to purchase now.

Aardmania fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Mar 10, 2015

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
I have a different objective list. I have participate in a sea race, fly under a bridge in an air race, and export a car to Simeon.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
Here, have a cutscene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pI0K4iymc8

These are the addidions the the heist room:

I'd have to check against some older video, but I could swear that my garage door and elevator look different now.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
So many masks....

Edit: Completing the daily objectives gave me $25,000 and 3000 rp.

Aardmania fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Mar 10, 2015

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
Heh. Apparently there is a bug with this update that changes some character appearances. The Rockstar support page has a number of complaints about female characters who now have male faces, and skin tones changing colors.

(not my photo)

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen

Brightman posted:

I have a friend that's gonna be mildly pissed about that first one and I'm really wondering about that "buy" part of the second one. Like if it's in game money to buy the plates for the cars, okay, but if I have to pay a few bucks to have more plates then gently caress it.

I just tried it on the PS Vita version of iFruit. It charged me $100k for a new plate?!?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
Interesting. It appears that license plates are no longer unique. I was able to place orders for plates that i know are already in use.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen

StabMasterArson posted:

Just finished the first planning mission with Aard "passenger seat" Mania but the actual heist isn't loading and i t won't let me add you to friends :(

The new "point at stuff" thing is interesting, wonder if it'll ever be actually useful though

After the mission ended, I ended up stuck in your heist room unable to move and with the Rockstar game tips window covering most of the screen. I couldn't do anything until my session finally timed out. When I go back online, I'll send you a friend request.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen

Slim Killington posted:

Just confirmed the method I used to get the cop uniform in free roam works on the trash collector outfit as well:
  1. Play the setup mission with the uniform you want, be on that team
  2. Complete the setup mission, get put in free roam
  3. Start any Capture mission (once it starts, you're put back into the uniform)
  4. Change glasses once any time during the capture
  5. When the capture ends, select Free Roam
  6. Be in free roam with uniform

It hasn't been working for me. Every time I've tried it today I keep going back to my street clothes when I join the capture mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Shredded Hen
It took a while, but I got my uniform.

• Locked thread