Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Akion posted:

Have they said if cross-platform play is going to be a thing? Planning to get this for PC but used to roll with the PS3 crew.

They can barely get it to work on platform soooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Going back to Sultan-chat for a moment, do they spawn regularly enough for me to find one Online, or will I have to stop being cheap and buy one?

I'm not sure you can actually buy it online, at least I couldn't find it. But head over to Sandy Shores and the best bet is that long road on the lake side.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Wait, did they really handle 360 to PS4 transfer better than PS3 => PS4?

The only thing I needed was to log into the Rockstar Social Club to trasnfer.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Found a gif of pubbies racing.

Now just add a Reliant Robin to this and my life is complete

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

NeoSeeker posted:

^wait wait wait... They made molotovs an actual thing in ammunation now?

Is GTA:O and psn down for anyone else on the PS3.

I thought I could squeeze in some jolly good old christmas ultra violence but...

There was a DDoS and now it's Christmas so poo poo was probably going to hit the fan for PSN today anyway.

It's their present to everyone every year.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

FallinInTheBlak posted:

edit: Has Rockstar patched up the cargobob picking up vehicles? All of the Cargobobs I have been in wouldn't let me deploy the grapple. Or is this something else you can't do whilst in passive mode?

Can't do it in passive mode, pick up the car then go passive if you want to be a real dick.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

fyodor posted:

sorry if this is not the proper place, but I'm confused by who/what is up with crews on ps3. i am still last-gen and would like some goon love in gtao. who do i enlist with?

Go here, do thing

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3661105

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

thompson posted:

Is there a way to zoom in with my sniper rifle? my default scope loving sucks.

D-pad up/down on PS4. Marksmen Rifle doesn't zoom, the other snipers do.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Lyer posted:

gently caress 9-13k? I only see around 2-4k.

poo poo I have never seen more than $2600, and most of the time it is empty!

Sticky on the middle, both doors fly open, several bags drop out. Truck stops and then drives off like nothing happened.

Edit: This is in a Solo session or with 2-3 friends.

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 2, 2015

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Craptacular posted:

Has anyone seen a hack/cheat/whatever that will allow someone to start racing while the countdown is still in progress? I've done a couple races in the past few days where another participant has started the race at about 2 in the countdown, leaving everyone else. I'm on PS3 if it matters.

I think it is just a glitch as I've had people tell me I jumped the gun before, and had goons take off on me too.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Cute as heck posted:

Real talk if you're not playing in first person, you're not playing.

If they removed the slow rear end turn rate of the camera while driving I would be for this. Feels like your head weighs 100 pounds.

And that's with look around acceleration maxed.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

omg chael crash posted:

What's the name of that Utility cat I can mod and then race against pubbies for easy wins?

Sadler. It's a pickup truck that is some reason in the Utility class.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Hobnob posted:

Man, stealing people's personal cars (with a cargobob) and throwing them in the river (which doesn't trigger an insurance hit for you) gets people ANNOYED. Especially, it seems, when they keep replacing them and you can pick them up from outside Mors Mutual three or four times in a row before they cotton on to what's happening. Other likely spots for car hunting are at the heliport, at the airport, and at Sandy Shores airfield, which all have handy cargobob spawns nearby.

Extra bonus points if you steal someone's car while they're inside an Ammu-Nation, and they come out looking for it and have to decide whether they want to take the insurance hit when they shoot you down.

Hook their car and go passive. They will shoot at you every time and nuke their own car.

The messages are magical.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Real hurthling! posted:

so what is my target level/equipment to not be useless in a heist?

Have a gun and a mic. Buy a shitload of snacks, and grab the best armor you can get.

Preferably assault rifle.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Did all of the second heist with WhoDares and two other goons.

Went well until the Prison Break itself when I couldn't hear anybody for some reason. Never could figure out why. We still beat if first try and I think with no deaths even.

And we're drat good at working as a team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaogU9x_E8M

Edit: Non heist vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKVZwflJIHQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVln2fluyg4 Skip the middle minute where I just clang around poles.

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Mar 13, 2015

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Handsome Ralph posted:

I was wondering why when I kept asking people what was going on I wasn't getting any responses. It worked out though cause landing that loving plane with all those cops was a breeze thanks to whoever was flying the Buzzard and the other two getting in the plane ASAP (even if I had to make a go around). :patriot:

Oh good, so it wasn't just me.

Yeah, I hopped in the plane right away, then when you came back around I tried hopping out to cover, but apparently you're trapped inside it. Not having anyway to coordinate during the shootout in the prison was a bitch though.

Edit: There's no way not to trigger the guards after you stop the bus in the prison, right?

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 13, 2015

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
So for heists I don't seem to have crew invite, I can only get goons through autoinvite, and I can't view joined players to invite them to a party easier. This always ends up with us getting a pubbie that I can't kick, cause the option was under view joined players. Is anyone else missing these?

This did lead to us having a French speaker join and we spent the next twenty minutes saying the only French we know: Omlette du fromage. While he said the only English he knew: Suck my dick.

What the hell Cockstar.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

YANSEE posted:

Would be great if the OP could get updated with info on how to actually join a heist. I've been dicking around for 20 minutes and can't figure it out.

You just join them like regular missions when you get an invite. You can also go on your phone to quick jobs and that drop you in one pretty quick.

Invites to heists will show up as green.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Slim Killington posted:

I play as a girl because it's impossible to make a guy character that doesn't look like a loving goober. I'm a pretty princess murder psychopath.

I rolled with it and ended up as Macklemore.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Scyron posted:

On that note, I will be on tonight for a while, if people want to heist. I'm gunna be trying to fall 325ft and survive bullshit daily. The rest are easy.

That one is actually really easy, get in a plane and climb, hop out and fall 325 feet, pull parachute and land.

Edit: and IIRC it doesn't give you credit until you pull the parachute, so just fall more than enough.

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Mar 21, 2015

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

CJ posted:

So don't do anything fun, got it. Where is my house to take a shower?

Gotta buy one.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Pierson posted:

At what rank do your contacts start offering you coop jobs? I'm only three so obviously the answer is 'higher' but just knowing would be nice!

5 maybe? Really low level.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Badly Jester posted:

Is it 'normal' that my stats in the "recently joined player" tab when joining a job are completely off? I'm slightly worried something got hosed, because the second time I logged into online, my first vehicle also had a different color then when I left it.

Yeah, it's normal.

Funny thing is: It is your stats, just jumbled a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Fishstick posted:

Keep in mind that some requirements require you to win races in that car's specific class (sports/super/etc) as well

When it says class it means land vehicle class, so cars and motorcycles both count to all race winning unlocks for land vehicles.

Easiest wins are dirtbike races, as people are absolute poo poo at them. Just lean back and win.

Edit: The only odd one out I can remember was some paint required air races I think.

• Locked thread