Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Luna Was Here posted:

you only have to be rank 5 to own a high end apartment

source: i bought an apartment with illegally gotten money at rank 5

I created a brand new character, and they spawned me right next to a high-end apartment with a heist set-up and I bought it, so there's literally nothing keeping you from getting a high-end apartment but money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Eonwe posted:

weird,

wouldn't let me buy one till rank 5

Well I had a previous character that was rank 5, but I deleted it. Maybe it's a universal thing for your whole account?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

CJ posted:

I dress like Anita Sarkeesian.

Man, that's loving brilliant. I can only imagine the butthurting of guys getting killed repeatedly by Anita Sarkeesian.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Spraaaaang breeeeeak.... spraaaaang breaaaaaaak...

Spring break forever, bitches

Also that same character in normal clothes sometimes because the stupid loving game takes off your heist masks for missions and I hate being Generic Bikini Girl:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Slim Killington posted:

Attack from rooftops, or in the subway.

I only just recently realized that the escape tunnel from the jewelry heist is a real persistent thing that is still there after the mission. That would be absolutely amazing for luring a mad pubbie into provided they didn't get bored a few minutes after losing direct sight of you. It's a huge, winding path and there are ladders you can climb up to defensible overhead positions.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

AgentJR posted:

I would still prefer the APB method where missions took place in the same instance as free-roam, so you could see people battling or chasing each other while just milling around or even in your own mission.

That'd be cool, the problem would be syncing up the NPCs across all players, and keeping other players from killing them. Imagine you're on a mission to kill some guys to take their meth, and a busload of chucklefucks comes up and kills them, and then kills you. Or if you make the NPCs invincible, and the people on a mission impervious to outsider bullets, then they'd still drive up in that bus only they'd just dick around shooting wildly all over the place and smashing cars into the mission cars, blocking your exits, etc. The other thing would be that you'd have to make it so that you can only do a single mission at a time. You can't have another team trying to do the same poo poo as another team, they can't both meet their contacts at the same time, kill the same people and steal the same bags of meth.

Or imagine the logistics nightmare of a street race overlapping a heist. Guys are in their getaway cars, they're almost home free but then five sports cars plow into them and everybody is in a big heap in the middle of the intersection. While that sounds pretty awesome in theory, in practice it'd be really annoying.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Of all the things to get banned for, I'd think Rockstar would probably care the most about people unlocking loyalty DLC that they shouldn't have. Especially if they decide to sell it later on.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Nuebot posted:

Oh, that's disappointing.

Unrelated: I still have no hearse. This is getting soul crushing, the spawn rate on these things is awful and no one in the PC version seems to have one.

I had one exactly once as Trevor, modded it with a ton of upgrades, then I lost it once when I tried to park it in the wrong spot at Floyd's. Later I randomly stopped in at the impound and found it again, but lost it when I parked it at Trevor's trailer. But then a series of long-rear end missions happened so I forgot/gave up on it.

The place I found it was next to the taco place where Trevor likes to eat trashcan tacos.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Can you cargobob a trailer truck (like the U-Haul style trucks), drive a motorcycle onto the top, then lift it all up and do Sicknasty Stuntz off the top? Because I kinda want to do that but I don't know how to get cargobobs to try it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I wonder if the armored Kuruma babbies would stop loving around with Kurumas if everybody else just went into passive or did jobs straight from the phone. Probably not, they'd probably keep prowling and patrolling around just in case other people want to have fun in Free Roam. Gotta get that YouTube footage somewhere.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You know what'd be great? If armor-piercing .50 cal snipers actually pierced armor. It'd be worth the boredom just to go on a Kuruma hunt from a rooftop.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

CJ posted:

No you see it adds to the game because if you've played 2000 hours over the last 2 years and you're bored of actually playing the game you can mess around in god mode.

Except now the word's out and all the new PC players are getting them, except for the people that actually want to play the game.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Psion posted:

go into passive mode and ignore them, or stay out of freeroam because freeroam is dumb and bad.

The Final Option is to only do freeroam with a big group of people you know, and just cause havoc and dick around in the world and have fun. The Final Option is the Best Option.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

You can also just transfer all your money to another character.

I thought money was a pool that you shared between all characters?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

Apparently the Karuma's windows are actually fully bulletproof but the metal right next to them isn't. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DbWE4DfcxY

Wait, then why can you shoot out of it? That's the lame part, if it prevented you from shooting out of it it'd solve a lot of people's complaints about it (that it trivializes missions, that people do drive-bys with it in freeroam, etc.). Just make it impossible to shoot from, completely disable all weapons while you're inside it, then it's just a getaway and running-people-over car.

e: I guess the comedy option is that if you fire your gun inside it it kills you instantly (from the "ricochet").

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 15:58 on May 9, 2015

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Probably, I get messages and in-game texts all the time, a lot of people also stop and honk their horn for me to get into their car. I even get invited to party chat and they're, for some reason, really shocked when they find out I am in fact not a girl that they kick me on occasion, so now I usually sit in silence to hear what they say.

This is why I use my SA name, most people wouldn't assume a girl would name herself "King" anything. And yet my character is the most fashion-conscious girly-girl you ever saw.

I don't know, I don't spend too much time playing with pubs anymore so maybe my experience is different but even when I see other female characters they don't seem to get any different treatment. I figured most people playing GTAO assume that any female character you see is actually a dude. Whole servers would melt down if a woman so much as uttered a word over voice chat.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

...in the beginning when you are saving money.

At what point does this happen, because I've been spending money as fast as I get it. I have a high-end apartment, garage is almost full of cars, fully-stocked weapon wheel and full ammo, a bunch of clothes... but then I got the pre-order bonus too so mileage may vary.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

orcane posted:

Saving money as in to get all these things you just listed...

Then buy cheaper cars :colbert:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

blow it up
go passive

This can also apply to the front stoop of a High Mental State player when they're in their fancy apartment. I tried it once, there was a guy with a red skull who'd stopped to get a car out of his garage, and I peppered the ground outside with proximity mines and also waited with a homing launcher. He came out, spawned ahead of the mines but I was ready with the launcher and blew the poo poo out of his van. Then I went passive... feels good, man.

I might make that my hobby now :getin:

e: also you might be wondering about insurance costs? The payout for killing a red skull player overwrites that pretty handily.

VV Oh yeah? I thought I remembered there being no red cash deduction. Neat!

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 12, 2015

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I won an off-road race in a patriotic van with American flags on the back, and did an air thrust in celebration. It was a good day. Racing is good.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

Sweet, my Kuruma got impounded, destroyed, and is now replaced by and exact copy of my Sultan (which I am terrified of selling in case that gets rid of the other one.)

Should I get a support ticket from Rockstar?

You should thank Rockstar for giving you another copy of a better car :colbert:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I wish the "massager" model from San Andreas was in this game so someone could make a trainer to rain dildoes down from the sky.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Akion posted:

There actually is. I know this because a hacker did exactly that to me the other day. It's a small pink vibrator.

My prayers have been answered :allears:

No but seriously, that's great to hear but I'd still never play with hackers or pubbies.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Proteus4994 posted:

no, literally the first thing I did when starting GTA Online was turning off voice chat and I've never turned it back on.

So you want to play with people... you don't want to communicate with them... and you want everybody to be coordinated enough to complete missions and heists. And you expect everybody to relay text chat to you.

I don't play with goons either but I do at least vocally communicate with the guys I do play with.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Duke Chin posted:

red dead redemption is drat near the best game rockstar has ever made. :colbert:

Yeah, The Warriors is the best.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Do we really need to clarify that they're not "hackers" they're just jackasses using the Endeavor mod online? There's literally no skill involved with what they're doing, they just downloaded a trainer and have found a way to use it online (or maybe it works online automatically, I don't know because I'd never do it).

That aside, Endeavor is a pretty awesome mod when you're just dicking around in single-player.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

T1g4h posted:

Yeah, I really wish they'd get this sorted out. Never had any issues with it in GTA IV, and that game was so horribly unoptimized that it was borderline ridiculous.

The servers check every single file as it plays to make sure it doesn't contain a hack :v:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I wonder if hackers could randomly add data to people's GTA Online saves that appear to be evidence of hacking. I don't mean deliberately, just as a side-effect of spamming random commands in the trainer. Like "give this person Forbidden Item X in their inventory or wardrobe and then Rockstar scans for it and they get flagged".

Because I don't think it's anything to do with money if you spend all of it. Unless maybe they also have records of money spent.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I never really played much with pubbies in freeroam and now I never will unless I get confirmation that at least most of the hackers have been wiped out. It'd be one thing if they just hosed with people but if they actively prevent you from playing, or find ways to get your account flagged for a banning then it's not worth messing with.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Is "Cock*" funny yet? Can we keep repeating it until it is? Okay, good.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Oh they just made Kuruma drivers even more unkillable.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

They put silly poo poo in the game, in singleplayer, and then they don't really let you use much of the silly poo poo or do anything except look at it. Unless it's in "Director Mode" then you can pick silly models if you want and dick around. It's like they have this idea in their heads of what the game "should" be and they don't want people messing around with their Pure Vision of GTA V. In online, you can be Generic Criminal Guy or Gal and dress to the nines in high fashion and drive fancy (but not silly) cars.

Maybe the next Saints Row reboot will have a massively-multiplayer online component.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I have 741 bounties placed on me and I don't understand why. I never do anything but hangout in my apartment and do races solo.

People are dicks, basically. There are people just waiting for people to join servers so they can immediately put bounties on them when the "X has joined server" text pops up. Bounties prevent you from going into passive mode, and you're not in passive mode by default when you enter a server. It's just a way to grief more effectively, they probably have macros or something that just auto-bounty with a button press.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Self Radio seems to work fine for me in singleplayer but not so much in Online. In Online there's noticeable lag, in singleplayer there might be lag but it's not enough to make me shut off Self.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

It may be separate from GTAV but it's not a "separate game", it uses every asset from GTA V except for the added mission scripts and some new animations and voice acting for cutscenes. It's basically a free expansion, they can call it "a standalone game" all they want but it's basically a mod.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Stux posted:

its has two, one when youre in the city proper and one when youre out in the countryside

Blaine County talk radio is the greatest loving thing. Or at least the Danny McBride section is, haven't really listened to the rest of it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Starhawk64 posted:

Every time I get in a car it's always the Latino station. :argh:

So, what's the problem? This song loving rules:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD-HIN6PQkU

e: It's basically the Mascot Song for me for GTA V, the way "Schweine" was for GTA IV. I just think about the game when I think about that song.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Jonesy posted:

Pretty sure you mean El Sonidito, but you got the station right

https://youtu.be/x47NYUbtYb0

I never said that song didn't loving rule, just that El Tatuado also rules :colbert:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Once a bunch of pubs were listening to Non-Stop Pop and started singing alone with "I Want it That Way" and like everyone else joined in and it ruled. -- The On-Topic Guy

I just want to stress how much it loving rules that we finally have synced radio songs in an online multiplayer game. That is seriously some trailblazing poo poo, not even Saints Row gave us that and it was the perfect series for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

We (or I) really need more non-instanced free roam missions, like blowing up armored cars or smuggling planes, but something a little more involved. Something like how APB does, where you see people driving like mad to a location to do an objective against another team and you can even go and observe them but you can't kill them, blow up their cars or gently caress with them beyond sort of pushing their vehicles around a little bit or blocking their entries/exits. To make it less "complicated" they could even have it not involve NPCs at all, just "go to a location and set a tracking device, break into a place and steal some poo poo, etc".

Instanced missions are fine, but it'd be cool to have a server full of people you know and the people they know, and people could do free roam poo poo together, break off into teams to do missions in free roam, or whatever. The way they have it set up now there's barely any real reason to stick around in free roam unless you're just looking to steal an inexpensive car to dote up in a garage.

Also yes, it wouldn't really work out in a public server since hackers could still gently caress with you no matter how they try to gate you behind some kind of "passive in-mission mode".

• Locked thread