Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Anyone up for trading race wins on PC? Super class. Rockstar name is Mr_Scumbag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

orcane posted:

Car class doesn't matter, land race does. You can win 50 times with a Not-Mini Cooper and unlock cool car parts for your Adder & Co.

Hmmm. So all the "Win x more races with this class to unlock this upgrade" messages are all bullshit? You just have to win x races to unlock all mods for any class?

If so, that makes me feel a lot better about grinding out wins. Still looking for someone who's interested, by the way.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Copper For Lyfe posted:

Can anyone tell me how i can have it so it always iron sights?

Scroll the mousewheel up while aiming for true ironsight. Down to go back to crosshair. As far as I know, there's no way to default to ironsight.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Is there any particular reason why the VAST majority of heist invites I get are for Prison Break?

If I had to guess, it's because it's the easiest/quickest, but I wouldn't know since every heist attempt I've been on is with people who are abysmally bad at this game and we fail within ten minutes.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

I know it's normal for cars to go missing in SP but is it normal for fully insured and tracked cars to go missing in GTA:O? Pretty sure one of my muscle cars has just vanished into thin air.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

So, is it possible to own a Stallion in GTA:O? From what I'm reading, the little info I can get is that you can't, but I'd love to know for sure.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Has the glitch with characters who haven't signed on with consoles for a while losing their cars after transferring to PC been fixed, yet? Or will I have to login to my console version first?

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

As long as we're talking about cars, as it happens I'm horribly unoriginal when it comes to painting and modding cars and need inspiration. Anyone here up for sharing pics of their garage or favourite cars?

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

I went from never having seeing a cheater/exploiter last week to seeing one in virtually every open world I load into the past couple of days.

I really hope Rockstar does something about this poo poo, cause it can really gently caress up free-roam when there's an invincible guy going around killing everyone.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Aw man, I think the Voltic is my new favourite car. It's the last vehicle I thought I'd fall in love with, but whizzing around carelessly doing jumps and stunts is some of the most fun I've had in this game.

It's also surprisingly durable. I've thrashed the living gently caress out of it and it's never quit on me.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Oh god let's not turn this thread into a Red Dead circlejerk ok?

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Man, why do so many of you guys get shot with moneybags and all I ever get from hackers is rocket uzis and constant murder while in passive mode?

I'd kill for a few money bags.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Floppychop posted:

A hacker dumped 14 mil on me the other night.

Scrounging for money was getting annoying, being that I couldn't find a half-competent heist crew. So I'm happy as hell.

Goddamnit. Well, I'm MrScumbag if a goon hacker wants to log on and infuse me with cash.

I'll totally protest afterwards in case Rockstar somehow views chatlogs around the time so I don't look guilty as sin, but you can take each one of those asterisks as a resounding "Thankyou".

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

deadlyrhetoric posted:

And even if the hacker is a total griefer, the rest of the server either leaves or ridicules the hacker into leaving.

That's not true at all, in my experience.

If a hacker is deliberately hacking and killing people, the ridicule is exactly what they want. They are trolling. As we speak I have the game minimised right now while one of these guys repeatedly kills me.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

So was there every any common cause found for the problems a lot of people were having with the game crashing in online but running fine in single player? Cause my buddy is STILL having these problems, and there's no helpful info anywhere in his logs or windows event logs. Can play singleplayer all day and within 5-15 minutes online a CTD with no error at all. Latest drivers, and PC that's more than capable, happened in Win7 and Win 10, tried reinstall, latest drivers, etc etc.

Anyone here have that problem and manage to fix it?

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Floppychop posted:

I'm generally neutral about hackers.

Spawning random poo poo or having a disco car is cool and all.

But when they get all pissy when you kill them in the kill-the-carrier public event and freeze you it kinda blows.

I had a guy spawn two copies of me last night while I was shopping for clothes. They opened fire on me and killed me.

To this day, I haven't seen a hacker spawn a single moneybag. I've seen just about everything else, though. I really wouldn't mind encountering one of these generous hackers, but so far to me they're a myth.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

NVM

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 6, 2015

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

I am now just learning what a true disaster GTA Online is. Starting to try heists for the first time and it's taken us an hour just to get four people together and people leave and die minutes into the mission. Still haven't completed any objective.

What a loving shitshow. No wonder people are hacking.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Jose Mengelez posted:

People keep throwing around "15 million for the base yacht 22 fully upgraded" and crediting it to the dragoon leaks but I cant find and references to price anywhere in the leak. (my french is p rusty though) :shrug:

It's just something the crybabies on Reddit have been running with as a way to circlejerk against shark cards and reminisce about the old days when Rockstar didn't make games for the money.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

We need to get screenshots of the mansions ASAP so I know what to buy because I'm poor and only have enough for one.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Can we get more pics of the new mansions and less pics of "clever" yacht names?

This thread is weird.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

revmoo posted:

What I really want is an apartment that lets me exit to the roof, take off on a chopper, and go to my yacht. Why doesn't that exist?

There should also be a way to fast travel between apartments.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

UserErr0r posted:

But there will still be those kids who grew up in a dysfunctional family that need to be the center of attention and get off on exploding people every 0.5 seconds.

Let's not pretend it's a person's upbringing that leads to that. Mostly it's because of the conditioning these games put onto players.

Part of the problem is that it's a GTA game, and that the most meaningful interaction you can have with the environment is destruction. That's fun and all, but Rockstar have created a huge and interesting environment and it's pretty frustrating that they seem to refuse to elaborate on gameplay. There's a lot of opportunities for something interesting and unique, but instead they keep giving us new cars and (mostly) useless yachts which don't really alter things in any meaningful way.

It's disappointing that there's such a huge and vibrant city and countryside, but no matter how many updates they pump out, it all feels the same.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Cheap Shot posted:

Obligatory bote pic

Not clever. Try again.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Edit: NVM it finally showed up!

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Dec 21, 2015

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Spent hours playing today. Lost count of how many hackers I encountered. Lost count of how many times I was blown up or frozen. Lost count of how many times I shot someone in the head multiple times without damaging them a bit. I guess the highlight of the day was being dragged around my garage knocking over cars and making a mess like someone was moving me around with their mouse at light speed.

These hackers who drop cash? They're a myth. Either that or I'm the most unlucky person in the world.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

They do exist, although the game is so full of bitchy children screaming for cash constantly that I wouldn't be surprised if the more charitable ones have gotten sick of their bullshit and joined the dark side in response.

Nowadays I usually find that if you get a rapport going with someone they'll give you some cash on the sly.

I've managed to "befriend" a few players here and there without any expectation of anything beyond having fun without just killing everything in sight. It's a lot of fun, usually, but I guess they end up getting bored and before I know it, I've gotten a bullet in the back of the head.

Maybe it's time to sign up to a goon gang. Any accepting right now? I'm getting pretty tired of the current gameplay loop.

Edit: And yeah, I saw so many people today begging for money. I don't blame people for being tired of that poo poo. I don't hack and I wanted to grief them myself.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

I can see both sides of the argument. Sometimes I like to let loose and kill a bunch of people. Most of the time I like to approach people and just screw around with them and see what kind of emergent shenanigans can occur if a bunch of strangers work together with nothing but fun as a goal.

My biggest problem is that the group of people who can only find it in their limited imagination to kill anything that moves seems to be far larger than the group who want to play around with the game, and that's sad. Also, half the time when I kill someone they either won't die (guy took three headshots with a sniper yesterday while calmly lining me up in his sites and killing me with one shot) or they do, and then I find myself being screwed with in ways not intended by the devs.

This could actually be fixed relatively easily with an opt-in PvP toggle that would either put you in a PvP lobby or a PvE lobby. That way you could still have fun with guns in freeroam without having to worry about getting ganked repeatedly. Also it would be nice if the cash penalty for dying was removed. Not a big problem for isolated incidents, but it can add up.

But then I guess hackers would find a way to circumvent the limitations of PvE and troll you anyway.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Can I get an invite to a goon crew? Name is MrScumbag.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Why do people care so much about how much money other people spend on a game? It's one step above telling people they're "playing the game wrong" or "having fun wrong".

Maybe just have fun with the game and stop with the smug bullshit?

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

if i cant make fun of nerds and their awful spending habits then i dont want to live anymore

You could just go to the Star Citizen thread for that. It's pretty much the only thing it's good for since the game doesn't exist.

In the meantime, we have a pretty decent game to talk about and it's actually out, so we can even play it. There's an infinite amount of jpegs and they're all free.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

blackguy32 posted:

I've bought the $20 ones when they were half off. I don't really regret it at all. It saved me some time.

No, silly. You have to look down at anyone who has more disposable income than you and ridicule them to mask your envy.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

Too many people going into meltdown mode to satisfy Dr. Tim Whatley's need to indulge in some sort of smug,

Erm, if there's any smug here, it's the people who feel the need to go on for pages about how bad it is for someone to spend their own money in a matter they see fit, and then when called out on it attempt to claim the moral high ground by saying that it will "encourage Rockstar to do it for future titles", as if there was ever any motivation behind dogpiling one or two people beyond smug circlejerking and feeling superior to begin with. I have to wonder why so many people are offended by someone spending their money on what they enjoy (and then not even regretting it, how dare they?) Seems more like envy than anything else. Either that or a desperate need to turn someone into a punching bag. Probably both.

If that's your thing, then go for it, but don't accuse the people you're fervently dogpiling of it. The smug in this thread is off the loving charts.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Jose Mengelez posted:

thar she blows!

I've spent a total of $20 on Shark Cards since the game released in 2013, so not so much. I'm just weirdly apathetic about how other people spend their own money, since it's not really any of my business to regulate someone else's finances through shame or any other method. loving nuts, I know. Someone can disagree with a group of people on an Internet forum without feeling like they, themselves are being attacked!

But being smug, amirite? Found the fatty!? However you can be the most dismissive while expending the least amount of effort. As long as you fit in with the mob!

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Starhawk64 posted:

We hate shark cards so much is because Rockstar is being hamfisted about their microtransactions. Like, a hundred realbux for 8 million funbux? Who the gently caress besides Dr. Tim Whatley (seriously dude, you have a problem, I shudder to think what your other spending habits are like) is going to waste that much money? I could buy two games for a next-gen console or a crapton of games on Steam since there's always sales going on there. There are better things to spend your realbux on. And of course, Rockstar abuses this system buy making all the new content grossly overpriced so you no choice but to buy shark cards so you don't spend an eternity grinding missions or heists, and good luck completing heists with all the idiot pubbies.

Rockstar is only in it for the money, why do you think they crack down on money spawning but leave the griefers who love to blow up everyone in the session alone? Freeroam in the PC version is almost unplayable due to rampant hacking. But hey, I've profited from all the money showers at least. There's a reason why my yacht is called the S.S. Cashgrab.

I agree with you. The prices are crazy. It's the reason I've only spent $20 on cards to give myself a bit of a headstart in the beginning. (The car dupe exploit gave me another 12mil before I got bored with it) I'd never spend the amount they want for yachts and other bullshit. $100 for an imaginary yacht that does fuckall is horseshit. One of those reasons is because it's overpriced, the other is that I've played the game for more than 30 mins and know that none of it will really matter in terms of giving me an advantage. I'll still have to grind levels and heists to get the good stuff.

As for spending an "eternity" grinding stuff. Maybe for a Yacht or a few of the high end cars, but you can have a top-end apartment within a few hours and fast, armoured cars in a few more. That's the extent of "essentials" that will keep you competitive if you're not a mongoloid. This is only a problem if you are one of those people who feels like they need everything, which seems to be a bigger and bigger segment of gamers these days. Yeah, shits overpriced - also, most of the poo poo is completely optional and pointless. If you feel like you have to have absolutely everything to enjoy a game, then you might want to find another hobby.

In the end, there's people who can afford all of that and who want it. So what? Many of the people who spend the money probably spend hundreds of hours playing the game. And even if they don't I still don't see why it's the job of Something Awful Dot Com to expend so many pages to police someone's spending habits. Why do we care so much that we have to whine about it for multiple pages? Sorry, but the moral highground excuse sounds like bullshit to me, having been around this forum for a while it just seems like people are piling on because they like to have a designated whipping boy in every thread, and they are just plain jealous that there's people out there who can comfortably afford to obtain everything in a game they enjoy, while they themselves have to risk bans or "grind" to do the same.

That's my problem. It's the same old poo poo: Goons all finding an excuse to dogpile one or two people in a gaming thread because they are doing something majority doesn't approve of for arbitrary reasons. It's just juvenile and smug.

But hey, at least I've painted a giant target on my own chest now, so have at it!

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

So apparently modders/hacker/whatever the gently caress have figured out a way to permanently remove money from other players' accounts.

They basically spawn a car that they "own" and destroy it in such a way that it implicates a player of their choice so that they have to pay the insurance. They can do this very quickly, and as you'll see in the second vid in the link, it can drain a LOT of money very fast.

More info, including videos from player/victim POV: https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV_PC/comments/49cpc7/yes_modders_are_back_but_this_is_serious_i_would/

Mr Scumbag fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 8, 2016

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Still waiting for some random hacker to dump dollars on me instead of every other object in the game.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Do you know how I know that GTA: Online is good?

Every time a new update is announced, Reddit explodes with whiners insisting that no-one plays it anymore and that the game sucks and that they are all entitled to singleplayer DLC.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Standalone version isn't updating for me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Rockstar Social Club just keeps downloading a 54.01MB update and gives me this poo poo as soon as it's finished:

Then you hit retry, and it downloads it all again and repeats the error.

Rockstar really sucks at online stuff.

• Locked thread