Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
So... was it worth the wait?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Can I believe my eyes? Are people actually having... fun with GTA Online? What IS THIS

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
How much has the character creator improved over the early days? I played GTA:O when it first came out and the character generator was the most godawful thing ever, and now the OP has a better one. Can you go very in-depth? I no longer have a console so I haven't played it since it was relatively new, just waiting for the PC version now.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Hey man, heists are serious business. You wanna joke around, the cash ain't gonna laugh at your antics :colbert:

(That really bites though)

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Post your ugliest car :colbert:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

I've been linking my friend videos from this topic to show him GTA Online for when the PC version is released and these two have summed it up pretty nicely

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

blackguy32 posted:

Got to take a break for a while. Some dude are fully happy with sabotaging their own heist before it even gets off the ground. Joined a heist and initially the guy wanted 70% for himself and then when I told him that most people would be happy with 20% he only bumped it up to 15% for everyone else. Needless to say, people quit out.

In Saint's Row that guy would have nuclear waste all over his face for offering you a deal like that.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Please keep posting videos. I'm getting my GTA fix through your footage while I wait for this PC release :colbert:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
That cat mask :stare:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I just saw a .gif of someone standing on a bus and shooting at people while it drove away. Is car surfing a thing you can do now? I swear you used to automatically ragdoll when vehicles got up to speed.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
:lol: At parking the jetski in the boat. Those last three clips with the physics freakout and the sniping were awesome.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Post your rawest selfie

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Is the ol' "Jerrycan a dude's car and ignite it with your exhaust flames" still a trick that works?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Policenaut posted:

I did it the other day and got dinged for the replacement fee, but supposedly if you make some distance between yourself and the car before it blows then you won't get fined.

Aw, that's a shame. It was fun watching someone arrive at the impound, realise what was happening and start freaking the gently caress out.

Still, there's worse uses of your time if you have the cash to burn :v:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
It's supposed to fix the parallax issue with some textures such as beards that the previous update broke.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Policenaut posted:

Apparently this update hosed up a ton of graphics in the game and Rockstar's already saying they're working on an update to the update.

April 13th: Dear PC players: Thank you for your patience with the extended work we have had to put into GTA5! However, due to some unforseen circumstances in the latest GTA: Online patches, in order to prepare the PC version to be the best it can possibly be we unfortunately must announce that the PC's release date is now September 28th. To make up for all our players who have been patiently waiting for the release, we're now granting every player who preorders by August 31st $200,000 more money to spend in the online game as they wish!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

zfleeman posted:

Excited to play GTA V for the first time in April when it lands on PC. What are the odds GTA Online will be completely borked on launch day? From what I've heard, I'm pretty much treating that as a guarantee.

It's tradition by this point. I'll be sad if it runs flawlessly :v:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
They really should make the special outfits unlockable without having to resort to fiddling around with exploits. I'll never understand why games that feature customisation are so shy about giving you cool stuff.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I heard you can crouch down in your car in the enhanced versions. How effective is this? Naturally it's not gonna save you when people have unlocked stickies, but I'm guessing it's pretty useful early on.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Is crouching limited to first person or can you do it no matter what?

VV That's awesome. It seems like a very cool addition to the game.

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 29, 2015

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Need to know for a friend: Is there a chicken mask?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
They have GTA Race, why not GTA Golf? :colbert:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I can't wait for the stunt videos with the video editor on PC.

And the horrible abuse of slow motion and filters from people who shouldn't be allowed near it.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
What kind of cars can you reliably car surf on? I've been told buses and trucks, but now I've seen this boat trailer (awesome by the way) I'm curious to know how reliable it is. Can you stand in the bobcat's flatbed?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
What's the mission where you go to the top of a skyscraper and have to kill a bunch of mafiosos to take their briefcase?

I remember trying to solo it without a helicopter. I climbed up the crane nearby which takes literally two minutes on foot, tried to shoot as many fuckers as I could with hardly any cover, and then realised that the only way across was to carefully inch my way across the scaffolding and make a leap of faith to get across.

I readied myself for the journey, put myself in a position to hop to the top of the crane, took a step back and... fell down the hole where the ladder was. It took about half a minute to hit the floor after about 10 minutes of progress. I had to laugh.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The "Hijack the RV" mission just proved to me that some people shouldn't be allowed to drive :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgQPswWv5QI

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I made the Kuruma part of the Fleeca heist into a minature action movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItlVIKrnYIE

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

ninjahedgehog posted:

This owns, make more of these.

Thanks, I will :3: I had someone give the video a rather scathing criticism which kind of took the wind out of my sails but poo poo, I'm not out to be the next great GTA5 action movie director, I want to show people cool poo poo to do with friends. Glad you enjoyed it.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
People are mean :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23G-LfDZR9I

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
They did an astonishingly good job with the heists and it feels incredibly baller to pull them off successfully. I'm lucky enough to be rolling with a group of competent friends on voice comms, so we'll always manage to beat it, but man is it a lot of fun to see how they turn out. It's impressive how people fall into natural roles: I've become the go-to guy for helicopter objectives, one of my friends is a natural airplane pilot, and some of my buddies are much better at shooting and stealth than me. Really good stuff.

I wish there were more regular missions that were available for 6+ players vs AI, though. It's silly that 4 is the ballpark figure, I can't get everyone involved with that limit.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Check out this sick-rear end burnout:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUck3iRxpgI

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Any idea if a Technical or mounted gun Insurgent can be choplifted by a Cargobob? Is it stable enough to, say, have someone man the gun while being swung around? Just curious.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Behold! The power of teamwork!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jUQLGI6LXc

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I had an awesome idea last night, got super excited, organised my buddies and executed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3U8GrYL-GY

then I found out people had made a Job which was exactly this, but sod it I made a movie of it so there :colbert:

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 1, 2015

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Aurain posted:

Why reset to the centre circle instead of a throw-in/goal kick?

Honestly we were playing fast and loose and what you don't get to see is the times I was punted off the pitch entirely only to be rammed all the way down a hill. Simple answer: Easier to edit the video for consistency :shhh:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
GTA Race on the golfcourse owns bones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im4RAUm5hqc

I thought I had more recorded but apparently I am a terrible person who LIES TO HIMSELF

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Dumptruck rampages are more fun with friends :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkX-qzBulMA&hd=1

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 10:21 on May 3, 2015

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Group skydiving is the chillest thing :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PSNrNwAaYU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Copper For Lyfe posted:

Thanks mate, any idea about combat rolls and the alternate melee?

While aiming with right mouse button and moving, press space to combat roll in the direction you're travelling. You can hold right mouse in melee to lock on and if someone else attacks you in melee, press space before they hit to dodge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Who needs tickets to board a train? :black101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkMj69XoklA

• Locked thread