Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Is there some way to party up or prevent the game from throwing me into an existing party when I try to start a mission? I want to play with my friend, not some rando and it's stupid that I need to back out over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Otacon posted:

the first rule of hacker money is you do not talk about hacker money
the second rule of hacker money is YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT HACKER MONEY
the third rule of hacker money is to buy everything immediately and to have fun with it because nothing bad is going to happen to you for just receiving hacker money so just have fun

I've always figured asking/begging for hacker bucks is a good way to not get any, anyways. Just hope it happens.

Either way, I'm happy to return to this game after a year or so to see hackerbux technology has improved. Last time I played the hackerbux was enough to get me a nice apartment and some cars. This time it was enough to buy...well everything. Pretty hilarious being with friends and we're all in a panic to drop the cash on stuff lest we lose it.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Hugh Malone posted:

The dumb wheel covers can be removed from the Shotaro if that helps

That's the tron bike, right? Why would someone de-tronify the tron bike?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Given it was a thing in some other GTA games, I'm surprised there's no mansion properties you can buy in this game. Suppose it's harder to tie back into a gameplay loop like the biker garage or business.

I suppose yachts kinda fill the role, but I'd love the ability to customize & deck out my own crib.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

What I really want is to be able to buy a loving hangar or a dock so that I can actually store my boats and cars and spawn there, and not have to drive myself to some random airport or dock every time I wanna use one of my own, owned vehicles.

You can spawn helicopters at the office roof but that's it. Why isn't there a dock already?

Yeah, this is my real gripe. Wish I could just summon everything to location like you can with the special cars.

And at the same time, I don't really get why some of those special vehicles can't be stored in a normal garage, namely the Ruiner 2000. Feels like they put that behind a business & vehicle warehouse just to be dicks.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Floppychop posted:

Yeah, I know they do it to push shark card sales, but the real dollars to GTAbux exchange is so laughably bad that getting a Shark card has never even crossed my mind.

The fact that the 100$ shark card isn't enough to buy everything, or even almost everything, is kinda dumb. I guess 8$ mill would have covered most everything you'd want in the initial online, but it doesn't get you much now. I'd understand shark cards if they were priced more like DLC buy-ins or a season pass, but nah, they're going for that sweet sweet freemium cash.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

NuckmasterJ posted:

holy ballsack. I jumped onto GTAO this morning to find all my money gone. A modder dropped 20million on me a few days ago, but I already had 600k. Now I have 20,000. Rockstar, what the gently caress man?

By the posts I take it lots of broke people are up in here?

It seems hit and miss who got hit. I got 20m around a week ago, followed by like 200m in another session along with a bunch of friends and none of us seem to have got hit yet. I'm a little bit nervous that these adjustments are a slow roll-out and I'll get hit sooner or later.

Seems kinda lovely to roll back modder granted money while they're still (presumably) unable to stop modders from teleporting and blowing you up.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

NuckmasterJ posted:

Zero fucks given that they wiped out a ton of legitimate money. On the plus side they didn't take anything you bought with your illgotten money so if you have a ceo with all the stuff upgraded you can kind of bounce back.

Wonder if any shark card money got hit. I always figured they'd never do money rollbacks since risking hitting money someone paid real dollars for is about the worst thing they could do.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

I'm sure hackers will be totally unable to find away around this.

If Rockstar aren't dumb, it's not that hard to make currency you can't cheat. There's a cavalcade of mmos and f2p with currency that can't be cheated. I'm pretty sure all the money modding is just abusing stuff that exists in-game: dropping cash, CEO rewards - if transactions required some server authentication or w/e it'd be pretty easy to stop that from happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Is that the primary mod menu that people have used to give out money? While it'll be nice not to get blown up anymore/as much, I'm going to miss free money.

What's a good/easy/lazy way to make good cash solo? Got more then enough for the moment, but would be good to invest on things that'll help me make more in the future.

• Locked thread