Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«16 »
  • Locked thread
Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Well I played a little PS3 GTA Online over the weekend in anticipation of buying the PS4 version, since I hadn't played since 2013. Got the PS4 version all installed and updated last night, went to character transfer aaaand... nothing. Blank level 0 character.

So I logged into my Social Club account to check, and my PS3 character is also now showing as non-existent. gently caress.

edit: vvv Did that, thanks. Anyone go through this and successfully get all their poo poo squared away?

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at Dec 2, 2014 around 19:55

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Nintendo Kid posted:

When in 2013 did you last play it? If it was before like late November, it might have been one of the ones straight up lost due to server issues.

Well I played this past weekend on that character, and everything was as it should be. Cars were all there, stats were all there. Nothing out of the ordinary. I have no idea when the last time I played in 2013 was, but everything was there on the PS3 this weekend.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Fired up the PS3 and my character and all her poo poo is still there!

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Wee Bairns posted:

Twas good to get on and play with you guys! Padded my bank account nicely too.

Sorry the plastic explosive didn't go off when you whacked it with a hatchet, but I'm glad you didn't die when I shot it

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at Dec 28, 2014 around 09:54

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

It's the dad jeans. Indestructible.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Subway tunnels make surviving a bounty trivially easy. Pick a spot near an intersection or similarly crowded on the map and everyone topside will lose their minds looking for you, and murder each other in the process. It starts such a giant poo poo-storm above you. People are going ballistic above me right now in jets just carpet bombing my blip on the map, and three other people have gotten bounties in the mayhem.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

So I can't get on PSN and was just going to do some single player stuff, that's cool, except after playing for like 30 seconds the game instantly pulls up a loading screen and starts loading a new story n the tutorial. What the poo poo.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

I feel like the Sultan thing is an in-joke that I don't get. It's a terrible car. The Oracle is objectively better in every possible way as far as 4-door cars go. Is it the rarity or something?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

BitBasher posted:

The Sultan is so much better than the Oracle that the comparison is mind boggling. The Oracle has better brakes, and that's it. The Sultan is substantially better in every other way.

I guess I've just never driven a fully-upgraded one, but I've never bothered to get and upgrade one because it's not great on the stats sheet compared to other 4-doors.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Now you have a "mental state" that grows with each malicious action you commit (re: anything against other players), which turns your blip on the map from white through darkening shades of pink and eventually red. It's supposed to make you more of a target, but really it doesn't do much of anything. Shooting cops and blowing stuff up also increases it, but a very tiny amount. It's kind of a non-thing all together.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

I think all that motorcycle jousting tonight did something to me

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

All the vehicles you'd think seat 4 or 6 or 8 actually seat 2, it's stupid.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

So for the free sad trombone horn trick to work, you have to drive a vehicle in with an already-modified suspension? I'm asking to see if this will work on cars I already own, since they would have had the stock suspension already purchased before.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Specifically, I have a car that already has the stock suspension purchased, but not in use because I have bought a higher suspension. When I switch back to the stock suspension which I already own, therefore don't actually purchase it, the sad trombone horn does not become free. I'll have to try scrolling through the options like above.

I need more PS4 goon mission sprees. I want to get up from 90 to 100 before the heists land. Stop the nightly free roam mayhem and do missions!

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Yay mission invi– oh, it's races.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

I'll be in around 5 CST.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Kelly posted:

Please, everyone feel free to smoke up I might actually win a couple races that way.

Don't worry, as long as I get there you'll never be last. All of my races usually involve a careful and considerate move to 1st, followed by a horrific clusterfuck, then ten minutes sitting at a gas pump pretending to get some gas while the race finishes and I play Dragon Age on another screen.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

I'm digitalprophet on PSN.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

I just realized I still need a rally race win.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Something is certainly happening, here in hell

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

The loving Horsening

This poo poo is Dantean

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at Jan 9, 2015 around 03:41

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

"Watching Lady Gaga run a loving marathon here"

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

"We need more Paul Walker tribute races."

"How about one that goes from point A to point B in a straight line, only point B is just a wall."

"Or a tree."

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Maybe this is a stupid question but how do people know where a special crate is going to drop? I usually grab a jet or chopper to get ready for it and by the time the icon appears on the map, somebody's already right next to it.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

What I meant was I'm flying in the jet or helicopter before it drops, I start all this at the "10 minute" notification. Some people are just where the icon is going to hit before it hits. I figured you could see the plane flying over or something, but I never have.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

I made a race! Not sure what to do with it now, but there it is.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Thing three, in which Pootbarn gets a haircut:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN_259LfJno

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

I kept getting followed around by this pubbie last night who kept getting into my car. I ignored him outright and eventually ditched him, then 5 minutes later:

Another 5 minutes...

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

I think there are less goons playing male characters than there are playing female ones

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

I think "do u like me" covers desperate and creepy all by itself regardless of gender and sexual predilection

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

I never talk in parties anyway, so you're not missing anything from me. I broke silence like, once yesterday to say that Jay was the most consistent goon racer.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Kelly posted:

Best part about heists is we have to spend our own money to finance them! There will be a pubbie run on Shark Cards once they are released - that is my official prediction. Don't buy into the hype, goons.

I've specifically saved a few million bucks so I can bankroll heists for goons when they drop.

Re: nothing to do in the game, I'm kind of at that stage. If people aren't running missions I really lose the desire to play. Free roam goon massacre on the public is usually entertaining for a few minutes for me, but my heart's really never in it.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

BitBasher posted:

I'm sitting on a little over 16 million. I'll front the cash for Goon heists but be sure that some assholes won't likely be invited back if they can't to the job. No one can afford to have people gently caress that up over and over at a couple hundred Gs per try.

I don't think it's a good idea the way it is laid out. It's too easy to grief.

Oh yeah, I'm of the same mind. I'd rather have a dependable few people to do them with, with an open invitation to new goons who need money.

Also 65 GB, hhnnnng

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Oh my god

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Heists are going to have some equivalent of the first turn in every race.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

I kind of wonder if you'll be able to set your desired cut in the menu, so people can look at a list of players and the cost to use them.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

The part where he's driving up to the cemetery and there's voiceover from his past? Is there a different option for that scene, because it's the only one I've ever played each time through.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Ah, gotcha. I know that can happen with a lot of heist missions and heist pre-planning missions, I didn't see half as much of that stuff in my second playthrough as I did in my first.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

I would actually love to change my PSN because it doesn't match my user name anywhere else (also, it's really stupid )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

I blow up at least one player car per session. Rockstar's poo poo is incredibly arbitrary.

• Locked thread
«16 »