Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Kelly posted:

So...heists are delayed again essentially. I'm not bashing them for it - it's just funny. They announced that heists will be out with the first DLC update just a couple weeks ago - now they are going back on that already.

At the very least they'll know what's good for them and release a shitload of new weapons.

Including making the molotov buyable. Hopefully some kind of high powered handgun. I'd love a .357/.44/.45 colt (I would totally not be surprised if they released an old fashioned revolver) or something. High penetration and knocks anything with legs on its rear end even if it doesn't kill it. That would actually make for a fun deathmatch weapon when I think about it.

At least some kind of high powered weapon that isn't a shotgun and doesn't have a scope. Hell, I'd settle for being able to take the scope off the marksman rifle.

Also do people play RPG only deathmatches? I've only ever played 2 and they're the best.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Dec 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
To get people to come back and buy shark cards.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Dec 17, 2014

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Are there any accurate/reliable figures available which either show how much money Rockstar has made from selling Shark Cards or how many of them have been sold?

I have never seen anything of the sort. I wish to see this information as well.

If I have a totally pimped out ride I like to think of the fact that I earned it through exploits in game. If I wanted to gently caress around in a pimped out ride for no reason I'd just play single player. Everything you own online has that baggage attached to it and that makes it all the more special. I'd imagine anything I bought with real money would feel worthless.

But I could care less about how rockstar makes its money. If people don't feel like it's an empty thing to buy in game currency let them do it. Just means free stuff for me I would have bought anyway.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Dec 17, 2014

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Can the AT mines be thrown out of a moving vehicle like grenades?
Either way I'm so getting on this when I have some time. Which will probably not be today.

AT mines + pubs = what I can only imagine a shitload of fun.

And at least wait till christmas to unbox your ps4 so you can play with your ps3 buddies...

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 18, 2014

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

geeves posted:

We need to do an invite-only session and have a snowball death match.

Seconding this. Even if it's just a handful of us tormenting pubs with snowballs we have to do this.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Sapient Afro posted:

The stats say the new racecars are faster than their standard counterparts. I'll wait for the community to test if that's actually true though.

As previous experience says, stats are probably the poorest indicator of what the car is actually capable of.
If you're not into min/maxing it simply means try out the cars for yourself. Try a few races with each car. Whichever feels the best to you just go with it.

If you are into min/maxing by all means let someone else tell you what to drive... Although admittedly knowing the top speed is actually helpful.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Zip! posted:

Battlefield Vietnam style.

Memories of unleashing hell upon an unsuspecting base in a huey coming back to me...

Why haven't they done this yet. Loudspeakers on a chopper would be loving sick, especially if you could use it PA style with your mic.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Feenix posted:

I mean, everyone already has all the music loaded on each console, so it's not a sync issue.

It's more of an issue of any sort of "select track" feature.
Also the lack of any credence or bombastic classical music.

Just alone a PA system on combat helicopters would be nice. It's already there for the cops. Not to mention if someone's talking complete poo poo it's hilarious when someone snipes them right out of their chopper.

I'd just like to hear that buzzy poo poo voice coming through a booming loudspeaker. Bonus RP if you scream into the mic as your copper goes down.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 19, 2014

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Feenix posted:

I'd settle for just blasting radio even. Or tracks minus commercials.

For an odd reason I think non stop pop would have the same effect as "Ride of the Valkyries".

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

I'd have to say they can't be next level better than you. You need to learn how to maneuver and even with collision off it helps to watch how other people handle. Then again you can always get frustrated halfway through and stop racing. But do yourself a favor, spectate the rest of the race, don't just leave. If that is an option.

Also double tapping the E-brake is a godsend. It does something the equivalent of your car shifting down a gear and gives you a shitload of control with minimal impact to speed. It's the brake that's one of the R buttons. For me it's R1 but I have the shooting buttons swapped so I guess it's R2 for everyone else.

Personally love to race, it's just whenever I'm on I'm not exactly in the racing frame of mind typically.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Dec 19, 2014

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Bobtista posted:

R1 is the default on the current gen, X is default last gen. They can be swapped over for people like me who feel that letting go of the accelerator to brake is for people who aren't taking advantage of other road users and furniture to make turns successfully.

Are you sure? I thought the X button and the R button brakes were separate? Like one is the handbrake while the other is the typical wheel pad brake.

All I know is one brake can really wreck your poo poo in this kind of situation and the other is much more loose and just gives you more control while slowing you down a tiny bit. It doesn't alter your course at all if you use it right.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

I apparently have been using a combo of two buttons controlling the handbrake and have never used the normal brakes (reverse).

So pump the handbrake a few times and if ever using it to drift use it liberally.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Dec 19, 2014

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Bobtista posted:

Positive. Default on current gen was R1 for handbrake and X to duck down in your seat and I know this for certainty because I spent the whole of the first Franklin mission wondering what the gently caress had happened to my brakes until I found the menu option to swap them back.

Duck down in your seat?

I'm looking at the controls right now. They're the same for alternate and standard. X button functionality remains the same. I'm guessing pressing X was simply for a contextual action. You use it to manipulate your phone in the car.

It's also the handbrake for both layouts.

So basically, never use the real brakes and if you are afraid of the handbrake take a nice car out to a landing strip and practice. It helped me shitloads. It also helps to do this in single player.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 19, 2014

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Prokhor posted:

People get real mad if you hit them with a homing rocket I've found. Some dude blows past you in a super and he thinks he's far and away and -WOOSH- into the back and dude is furious.

This is why we need a PA system people can talk poo poo over.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

It's a steal. That much is worth around ten dollars with shark cards isn't it?

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

I must have saved hundreds by actually playing the game.

Make your money R*, just not my money.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

BitBasher posted:

AWD cars even have varying levels of power distribution to front and rear wheels depending on the model, which is why you can get the Elegy and Sultan to do 4 wheel burnouts but the 9f never will, because the Sultan and Elegy have a much closer distribution of power to front and rear, rather than the 9f which is like 80% rear.

Fake edit: ...And gently caress I wrote a phone book.

It's quite weird you say that because as much as I love the 9f, it fishtails wayyyy to much for me. I even think one of the cars you mentioned is my actual primary car because of the power distribution. I HATE having all the power in the back of a car that's about as long as my character is tall.

But I don't really notice because it's become muscle memory for me. When I think about it I use everything I can when I race, I'm just so zoned I can't remember exactly how I drive so well. Which doesn't really matter because for some reason I always want to play the game in a... state of mind, where I can't race that well.

Also I've been seeing talk of a property with a helipad on it? Can you use this as a garage?

Important question: which property is closest to a mod shop, ammunation and all the other essential stores and also has a ten car garage?

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Dec 20, 2014

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

titties posted:

One guy sounded pretty indignant about it, kind of like this fine police officer.

It's really bad when that "someone needs to call the police" thought comes up when you're watching an officer behave.

I think the gun came with a badge for this one. :smith: FTP!

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

titties posted:

I like the part where the officer starts to walk away and the guy's like "sir, I can't leave without my ID" and the cop throws it in the dirt and screams "YOU CAN GET IT WHEN I LEAVE YOU PIECE OF poo poo" or whatever.

It's much more reminiscent of a neckbearded roided up bad sport storming away from a lost table top game than someone I should trust my life with.

Like every other magic game you played, your opponent was carrying a loaded glock.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Dec 23, 2014

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Pork Pie Hat posted:

So you can put proximity mines on stationary vehicles that will explode when they start to move? Or is that wishful thinking on my part?

God why didn't I think of this. Probably cause I assumed they explode when they attach.

Using proxy mines to essentially make ignition bombs would be awesome.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

They still haven't gotten my garage of adders. All ten still sitting pretty and fully upgraded.

:smug:

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

They weren't cloned, they were bought. Like my third or fourth session someone gave me at least 100 million dollars. Not only that but much of my time was spent grinding coveted. And that one really quick race in the aqueducts. I had it down to a science. Reliably I could get hundreds of thousands of dollars in an hour.

When I think about it I can't remember if my adder stock is sellable or not. Even then I'd rather they just sit there and earn money the proper way.

Also you can't poopsock if you're wearing toe socks. It's called a combat dump. If you're going to forego personal hygiene in order to play a video game, at least do it with some dignity.

Does anyone want to rob liquor stores with a helicopter, like the old days?

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 23, 2014

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

You don't ever actually wear tube-socks.

At least on your feet..

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

While unarmed press the left button on your d-pad. They will appear as a thrown weapon.

Aim for the face.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

^wait wait wait... They made molotovs an actual thing in ammunation now?

Is GTA:O and psn down for anyone else on the PS3.

I thought I could squeeze in some jolly good old christmas ultra violence but...

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Bondematt posted:

There was a DDoS and now it's Christmas so poo poo was probably going to hit the fan for PSN today anyway.

It's their present to everyone every year.

What's the point?

My guess is a bunch of domineering nerds swinging their dicks in everyone's faces. Except this is like the 3rd time in a row so it's like whatever. When I put an inkling of thought to it it's sad in a way that I pity them.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

PS3 goons need to organize better. Had a good time the other night, we seem to conglomerate at complete random..

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

I'm certain there's a camper that allows for passengers in the back of the RV.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Hockles posted:

If you run a car at full speed off a dock, and bail just before the car goes into the water... what is that considered?

To me, reenacting that scene from sin city.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

I can't decide which pistol is the best. It's an obvious choice to the min-maxer who would pick the AP pistol but this isn't the case.

I'm trying to decide which of the semi-automatic pistols are the best. It seems to have boiled down to the Desert Eagle and the Heavy Pistol (the heavily modified 1911) as far as range and damage go. The thing is the Deagle has a slightly higher damage but the 1911 has a much higher fire rate, but only on foot.

In essence I'm trying to figure out what other people think and use when they feel like rocking a pistol just cause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

Starhawk64 posted:

Does the flare gun count? Setting people on fire with it is hilarious. :flame:

The flare gun is loving hilarious. it's the only gun I like to use when I go pubby hunting. More or less because it's hilarious to both parties, I get way less of a rage reaction and my KDR goes up, win win. Everyone knows flame weapons would be awesome but would ruin the frame rate and crash servers easy. So they hid molotovs around the map and gave us the flaregun.

In all seriousness I'm talking you're level 150+ so any gun you use would be effective and you feel like using one of the various magazine fed pistols that aren't automatic. Almost sort of a roleplay kind of thing. I dunno why I feel like the game is more natural when I only use pistols, shotguns, explosives and sometimes SMGs. And the flaregun of course.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 21, 2015

• Locked thread