Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

MrLonghair posted:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12...inally-revealed

HEISTS UP IN THIS YA'LL (early 2015)

Would be great if they also took care of the dumb inputlag for this patch, I noticed that stuff day one, just look at the PS360 versions

I don't believe a single word of this. I won't believe online heists exist until I've finished one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

So, with the increase in properties to 3. I am reminded of an apartment of a property that goons recommended weeks ago that is near the airport that is also has a 10 car garage. What was that one?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Zip! posted:

I think the $250K challenge bug has been fixed - all the ones in my list only payout 5k now

Looks that way

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Any PS4 LLJK dudes/dudettes wanna run some missions? I just joined the Crew earlier today.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Holy poo poo. Snow out of loving nowhere.

Like, literally, the landscape changed in the blink of an eye.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Zip! posted:

Operation acquire a Karim Sultan has so far been a resounding failure. I can't for the life of me get them to spawn anywhere - I spent about an hour driving around Blaine County and by the Prison in Super and Sports class cars and nothing - loads of Asteropes and Futos - not a single Sultan

Because I love you, I have spent an hour trying to find one.

And I did. I am going to idle in it for a while.

Hit me in IRC and join on me and it's yours.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

After an hour, I just gave up and drove the Sultan I had stored to the prison and found one there. All the other times it wouldn't spawn.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Well, anybody want a Sultan? Zip msg'd me and told me he found one.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Maytag posted:

I spent an hour or two a day over four days and never got one. Just started playing again though, will give it a shot.

PS4? If so, I've got one.

E: gone now

Hockles fucked around with this message at Dec 28, 2014 around 18:58

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I just experienced the weirdest thing. I went afk after putting a gang car into my 3rd apt/garage at the airport. Came back an hour later and I wasn't kicked for inactivity...

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

re: Contact missions

In addition to suggestions posted, I think that the missions that require teams (Top Fun, etc) should be a different kind of mission that don't use the same icon as regular missions.

Having a Star show up in the list only for it to be <Some lovely Mission> IV is quite defeating

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Snow will be back temporarily.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I've got the button presses memorized to deposit money through the phone, so the longest it takes is like 5 seconds.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

geeves posted:

Go to Paleto Bay, find the modded Blue and Yellow Sandkings. They go for 18k each. Stock up on them in your garage if you have space (thank aardmania for the tip).

Whaaaat? I thought gang cars were the most profitable sell.

I would like to know more.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I know nothing about gang cars or these blue and yellow sand kings and I'm like level 165.

A quick YouTube search gave me these two videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36pdESS3xVQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZGLQ0pi5NU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Quasipox posted:

For anyone else having trouble getting that modded Dubsta to spawn with the one intersection method, I found a video with a slightly different method for it and after trying the first way a hundred times, this one worked for me first time (though I haven't been back to get a second one, yet): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMUBL-EcxlI

My Dubsta didn't show up until about 12:00 in game, but my friend was waiting in the same spot and got one as well. I just sat in a Baller I had stolen from nearby and parked in the driveway in the video and sure enough, here comes the Chrome Dubsta.

I just got 3 Chrome Dubstas this way.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Aardmania posted:

There is a glitch within the LSC menus that adds the 'Sad Trombone' horn to your cars for free, and it works on the modded Dubstas. If you take the car there, go to the Suspension settings and make sure it has the stock suspension. Then, go to the horn menu and you should see a checkmark beside the trombone horn. Select it, and it will equip it for free. You can now sell the car for an additional 10k. On the Dubsta, this made the sale price $34,000.

I can confirm this works.

1) Get Chrome Dubsta
2) Buy Stock Suspension
3) "Add" Sad Trombone Horn
4) Get $34k

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

If you run a car at full speed off a dock, and bail just before the car goes into the water... what is that considered?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

So, I took a sick day today. Anybody else off and want to run missions?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Can you get any types of crate drops in Closed Friend/Crew/Solo servers? I know for a fact I got a "Special crate drop in 3 hours" notification exactly 1 time while I was sitting in my Closed Friend server, but nothing ever came about it. I have never gotten another one since.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

So, March 24th is the PC release date now. I bet heists get pushed back to then too.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Kelly posted:

Heists are never coming out. I've given up.

Heists. The Duke Nukem Forever of this generation.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

ElwoodCuse posted:

The announcement says heists at launch for PC and "a couple weeks earlier" for consoles

Other announcements have said Heists were to be released much much earlier. I've said it before, but I will believe Heists exist once I finish one.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Scyron posted:

Managed to nab one of them gang dominators for 19.8k. Pretty nice vs the 9k standard baller I was going around collecting.

I gotta try and get one of them rat loaders or sandking gang cars next.

Chrome Dubstas are where it is at. $23k as-is. $34 with LSC glitch

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Scyron posted:

Yeah, I was trying to find one of them, but I wasn't able too by the time it got dark and I still don't remember nor could find in the 5 minutes I tried, their location. I was going to do some heavy research later when I get serious about playing/making money. I'm sitting on 300k, and I've never been one to spend a ton of cash wastefully.

9am - 3pm is the time they spawn. Banking 1 Dubsta to be the anchor that causes the others (that you sell) to spawn is key. I got my first one using just a generic Dubsta I found out in the world.

I circled the intersection. Just slowly cruise past it during that time, and it should spawn.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Croccers posted:

I call patching out the Chrome Dubsta spawn.

Well, this is the most likely because we can't have nice (broken) things. I got my good mileage out of it, though...

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Won't let me back online

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

It looks like that lady explodes into chunky bits, but what is actually flying in the air?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

omg chael crash posted:

This really makes me wonder how much heists will pay out. What do you kids guess?

Heists? What heists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

...doubt it.

• Locked thread