Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Doing a downhill mountain bike race locked in first person is pretty awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Slim Killington posted:

More goons need to play on PC

Everybody join the crew! NOW!!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3661105

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Come be my friend, PC players!

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/royallthefourth

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I read somewhere it takes about 2 hours, but possibly as few as 1.5 if you're really on top of things

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The good news is that I figured out I can hurry up the cashier while robbing a store by blowing on the mic instead of yelling. The bad news is that it annoys the hell out of everyone else.

Is there a setting that'll allow me to do this without bothering the other players?

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Overheard in freeroam voice chat:

quote:

Who needs money? I know it sounds weird, but just send me a friend request and I'll make a private lobby to explain. Yeah, it sounds weird that I need your account details, but you just have to trust me. It'll be worth it.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
People do the weirdest stuff in this game and I'm even weirder because I can't stop watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zScE_o0LDCc

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Seaplane

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SplitSoul posted:

Goddamn, why does turbo have to be so expensive? I just bankrupted myself buying that poo poo.

Does turbo completely eliminate the need for the engine upgrades or are the performance stat bars useless? Turbo on its own seems to max it out for the Sandking.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

hellfaucet posted:

OK gentle goons, I need some suggestions on which vehicles I should purchase from here. Looking for fun times/comdey/useful, not really a big supercar fan.

The Sandking XL is awesome. It can drive straight over many barriers that other vehicles get stuck on and seats four, too. You can steal and claim them for yourself, which ought to save you a bunch of money.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Does getting to a heist setup count as a race?

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's been a good couple weeks in GTA Online, too bad Rockstar is never gonna fix the hacks and it's going to spiral into a totally unplayable mess

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Do the suspension upgrades do anything besides lower the car? I'm not interested in reducing the ground clearance on my Sandking at all, but some extra cornering ability could be nice.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

socialsecurity posted:

Does stealth work against other players, I have it maxed but it still seems I am on everyone's radar.

It does in deathmatch, but not freeroam. You can tell if you're visible in deathmatch by looking at the minimap to see if your arrow is outlined in red.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Just how much does it take to get put into "bad sport" mode? I get a crash at least once a day at the end of a job just before the scoring screen. When I log back in, I get a "bad sport" warning message but nothing's happened yet.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Deakul posted:

So, uh, this thread is kind of turning me off of getting the game for its multiplayer.
It sounds like a hot unplayable mess and I've got so many hours logged in SA-MP and Vice City MP, if I could deal with those GTA5 should be no problem aside from its apparent UI issues right?

You'll notice problems but GTA Online is actually tons of fun overall

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Participate in a one-on-one deathmatch: the hardest daily objective?

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Nothing is worse than abusing voice chat like a filthy pub

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What I have trouble comprehending is that out there in the real world there are thousands of people shouting "human being" into a microphone like it's a perfectly normal thing to do. I can't decide if that's weirder when they're completely alone or within earshot of other people! Many of these don't even have child or teenager sounding voices.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That's why you've got to start your own and wait 5 minutes for people to show up.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Why are you trying to have fun in freeroam??

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Policenaut posted:

Y'all don't give enough respect to the most noble of weapons: the Musket.

I love killing people with the musket.

Is it possible for PC users to get these weapons or do we just miss out on the fun for only having the best platform?

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Nothing better than getting online to lap some keyboard scrubs

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

No Mods No Masters posted:

My best rando heist story was raiding the yacht for Series A. Everything went fine besides one death until we went to escape the cops on the jetskis. One of the randos jumped in the water and couldn't figure out how to surface, so he just swam in circles while everyone yelled at him until he drowned and we failed.

I once got knocked off my jetski by a police boat and died trying to find my way to the tunnel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Why do so many people suck at flying? It seems preposterously easy to takeoff and land planes and helicopters in this game.

• Locked thread