Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Policenaut posted:

No, Rockstar made more stuff unlock by rank now. It's in the patch notes.

Oh thank loving God. I was not looking forward to having to win a race just to max out the speed in my rides.

Nintendo Kid posted:

I'm annoyed that they made the AP Pistol weaker

Aw hell. Does this mean I have to start buying SMG ammo again?

strong bird posted:

95% of the weapons are useless because you can't fire them out of an armored car and 99% of vehicles are useless because everyone is using an armored car

I feel that everybody has an armored car is because the NPCs are so dead-on accurate that it's not fun to play unless you have a way to make them miss. I probably could have said that better, but I need my daily dose of caffeine today. Ugh.

mutata posted:

I like it when I can't even launch the stupid loving game because Rockstar Social Club gives me a Steam error what a clusterfuck.

Cojawfee posted:

It's because Rockstar released their update on steam maintenance day.

Oh cool, I thought it was just me. Of course, I forgot my Rockstar Games password and had to reset that. And then realized that I hadn't accepted my invite to the Goons group on PC. Finally accepted. Sorry, nice people who gave me an invite months ago. I didn't know my 360 controller would take a dump. Got a nice Xbox One one in the mail, though.

Bright side? At least I was able to do some stuff in Fallout: New Vegas last night instead of going nuts in GTA Online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Wee Bairns posted:

I loving wish! I've been waiting for the Deluxo since launch.

Oh, if only! That would rock on so many levels.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is the Red Dead Redemption series fun? How does it compare to GTA? I know it's a sandbox and sounds like GTA 1911.

It is. No radio stations but a lot of the design for RDR (weapon wheel, et cetera) went into GTA V. But it's an awesome game in its own right and well worth playing. Also, it seems that RDR2 is including the original map of the original. Anybody thinking this might be a backdoor way of porting RDR to PC finally?

That said, I need to get back into GTA V. They need some story DLC, and given how well Online is doing, it's not like they're aching for cash to do this. Hell, at this point I wouldn't mind if they recreated GTA IV with V's graphics and handling. Make it an enhanced version and I'm game.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

fishmech posted:

GTA IV and V have nearly identical handling systems. They just gave the cars generally available in GTA V better stats, and then topped it by adding easy flip-back-to-upright, more durability, and modding that actually improves performance.

Though even GTA IV cars stand up to damage like a drat bunker compared to III-era cars.

Maybe when they put out The Ballad of Gay Tony, yeah. But when the original game came out it was just awful. You would think they would have worked out the steering in a setting where nearly everything is a ninety-degree turn. Plus, I wouldn't mind a game set in Liberty City being objectively good for once instead of faded in hindsight.

Capn Beeb posted:

Considering the game nearly didn't happen as it is, I'd be really surprised if there's going to be a PC port.

Yeah, I made a mistake there: it turns out the map of RDR2 only has West Elizabeth, not New Austin or any of Mexico. Still looks like a lot of fun.

mutata posted:

Yes to modern-gen new Vice City please.

This would work if they managed to keep the '80 ambiance yet expand this to rural Florida. Or maybe even the Florida Keys as well. Just open up the world a bit. Be interesting to see what could be done with it.

Psion posted:

yes it's far more advanced in being both unfun and bad

TBOGT, on the other hand, is advanced in being way better and more awesome.

Yeah, GTA IV's biggest failure was the idea that it should be nothing but dark and gritty. It just ended up being bland and boring. 'Ballad' is where it started to be fun but it took a long time to get there.

King Vidiot posted:

Tongue in cheek cynicism pretty much describes Saints Row 2 to a T, but the series after that point became wacky hijinks which overshadowed the franchise. Most of the wackier stuff from SR2 was added with mods.

Yeah I probably seemed biased with my Saints Row tag but gently caress it, Saints Row 2 is a better game than GTA IV.

Saints Row 2 did a lot of stuff right and is a great game. The expanded map was awesome, the added missions were fun, and even the storylines were interesting. It added just the right amount of insanity and fun. It's still a crime that two/three games later we haven't gone back to Stilwater in the game. It's not as fantastic as the latter two, but it was a grand improvement over the first one by a drat sight. The only downside is that they seemed to have a storyline in place for the rest of the series that was forgotten about when the property changed hands. Wow, I miss Red Faction.

• Locked thread