Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
  • Locked thread
Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

Can I get the hearse as my personal vehicle and if so how do I reliably spawn it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

I love playing missions............and I'm on PS4! (And I got that hearse, thanks guys. It's decked out in LLJK colors and rules)

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

Aw, I usually play evenings EST. (And I'm starting a new [real-life] job soon, bleh.)

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

Bobtista posted:

If you dont see something weird about the pubbies who go to awkward lengths to try and attract the attention specifically of female player characters in a video game who are statistically most likely to be being played by dudes then that's cool.

Someone started following me around and asking me if I was male or female when my PSN name is literally "niceboyonline"

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

Bobtista posted:

I've set myself a target of getting to rank 100 to unlock and mod up a Dubsta 6x6 and then I'm going to shelve it until the next content update drops.

Yeah, I want to Platinum it so I gotta reach rank 100 too--I'm not even at 25 yet ;(

MrLonghair posted:

Replaying the SP, I never actually knew you could get Michael's view of going to Ludendorff Cemetary. Open it up officially for MP shenanigans please.

That and interiors should be playable in Online, smh

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

It seems like I missed most of the missions last night but I, "niceboyonline", would be down to grind missions and RP tonight

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

The only fun races I've ever played are the ones where you have to bike juuust right to hop through an open container and Quick Getaway, which is a race that mimics the story mode escape after the first heist

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

im pooping! posted:

I couldn't make it 7 hours with missions only. Once I got into free roam around 1:30, I made it my mission to murder the dude talking loudly over his mic into his telephone to his girlfriend as many times as possible.

I noticed that, 1:30 was when I got on haha ;(

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

Craptacular posted:

What those tards don't realize is that it pays more to just go complete another mission instead of farting around for 10 minutes.

Say what you will about killing time but a bunch of us drove down to the Del Perro Pier during a mission and spent ten minutes punching people out and it was more fun than hours and hours I've spent in free-roam.

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

Stupid question, the answer to which I must have missed: how are people getting their personal vehicles parked near the beginning of a contact mission? My motorcycle is never around >:~(

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

poopzilla posted:

I'm not sure, really. If you have your car/bike in free roam it will usually spawn at the mission start with you. Are you sure its not impounded or destroyed?

Oh I steal stuff and ride it around in free-roam, that's probably it.

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

I think it's insanely cool that your name is Ethan Skulls.

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

Count Freebasie posted:

double e: If you've got a hearse and can spawn one, I wouldn't mind that as a tip. If not, no worries. Happy to get you the Dubsta either way.

I've got a (bright pink crew-colored) hearse. Basically you just loop around the block with the church and cemetery, yeah?

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

Count Freebasie posted:

At this point, you have to be in a hearse to get one to spawn. I've yet to see one in the game, and I've been by the spawn points countless times.

Oh when I said "you" I meant "me". Like if I wanted to help people spawn one I would just drive around the block?

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

Yeah I'd happily help you with a hearse. I play pretty much nightly, like 7ish to 10ish EST unless I have an awful headache or something although that schedule might shift a bit next week. Even so, my PSN is niceboyonline

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

Just tried it, found some mummified 1920's 30's gangster in SP.
Yeah, this is part of a silly quest they added to the remakes that nets you noir filters to set over the game. I didn't realize that place would still be accessible in MP! Someone take me there~

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

I just download a capture involving cows that ride bicycles down Mount Chiliad and it's possibly the strangest thing I've ever experienced.

Link?

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Yes, but only a PS3 one I'm afraid. It's not terribly exciting outside the novelty of watching livestock get knocked off bikes.

Aw.. Even so thanks for the link, hopefully some people on PS3 can have fun with it

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

The limit is actually 30 I believe, and I've definitely seen close to that number in a public lobby.

Let's organize a buncha 30-player PS4 lobbies and level me up to 100 so I can get the dumbass trophy

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

e: hotel rear entrance was the start historically

The Gentry Manor Hotel maybe? Specifically the area from which you steal the Cabrio for that Simeon mission?

edit: I'm PISSED I was out of town all week and missed riding a bus into Fort Zancudo

Pretzel Rod Stewart fucked around with this message at Feb 8, 2015 around 00:09

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

Sorry I hosed off in that boat-stealing mission, sweetmanryan--thought I could make it to the marina and "rescue" you by finishing the mission but the other guy couldn't shoot a helicopter down. On the plus side, niceboyonline and sweetmanryan are borderline-matching PSN handles, so that's cute

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

I'm honored... And also very nice

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

bisticles posted:

Here's what I've been getting lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7emO4Ye02o

I hope they use this as the art film in GTA VI's movie theaters

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

Can three of y'all help me get a rally win from the co-driver seat? I need it for Backseat Driver and Numero Uno edit: not necessarily rn since I've gotta go to bed in an hour or so but eventually

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I need that aluminum. Count me in

I'll probably be back either tomorrow night or Friday night, add "niceboyonline" at your leisure~

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

Not around tonight but I'm in EDT and usually can't really stay up too late because of my work hours--that said, on weekends I can stretch it out.

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

I hate the stupid Zentorno and am saving up for an Entity XF

edit: What do you guys do to level fast? The only thing remotely daunting is hitting level 100 for that trophy and even though achievements are Stupid I want to plat GTA V since it's the first game I've ever played played on a Playstation system with trophies and I've been gunning for finishing the Online ones first since who knows when they'll stop supporting it?

Pretzel Rod Stewart fucked around with this message at Feb 12, 2015 around 19:20

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

I am a garbage racer and only motorbike races are ever fun. I guess I'll just keep grinding missions then (after I get my rally co-driver win......) Also Highway to Horrors is awesome.

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

Anyone around to run a few rallies in the next 30-50 minutes?

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

No rush, I'll be around throughout the weekend too :~)

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

yes... YESSSS

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

Happy to help.

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

bisticles posted:

I made a couple of races today. I know *someone* will really like this one

Sorry I didn't accept your invite, I was in and out of the room! I can join a playtest group tonight though >:~)

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

Wee Bairns posted:

edit: The smoke from the Dodo was because I'm a dumbass who shot the fuselage by mistake...

Oh, is that why I could barely keep that thing in the air?

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

omg chael crash posted:

Rally races are pretty okay

I still need a co-driver win lmao

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

In fairness you're both arbitrarily topless. (xpost, obviously)

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

Swedish Horror posted:

It was pretty funny when you tried to sail up that tiny stream on the boat mission. Also thought for sure you would end up blowing us all up with that rocket.

edit: hope I'm not confusing you with niceboyonline, I played a bunch with them too last night

Nah, I don't remember any of that (although sailing up the tiny stream is totally something I would do). Unfortunately I'm away all week for work now, which sucks because I want to play all these delightful/terrible new races... Maybe Friday night.

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

Finally home! I want to level up tonight y'all >:~)

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

Tooling around in hearses and doing donuts in the middle of an intersection is almost as fun as doing the same thing with cop cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Stewart
Aug 6, 2008

That video owned. Btw some fuckin dick just blew up my hearse and then tried to kill me three or four times on a cooperative mission, so if any of you ever see "JimmyRodneys" on PS4 make his life hell

• Locked thread
«5 »