Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Alright. Haven't played this game in a bit more than a year, I think. A friend gave me the Xbox One copy of the game because he wants to get back into it. I start to play but I can't access GTA Online. It says my "profile doesn't have permission." I look online and the best answer I can find suggests I either need to finish "the prologue" or submit a ticket. But at this point I can't remember what constitutes the "prologue." I have just finished driving through Simeon's dealership and punching him out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Whoops it's nothing wrong with the game. I just forgot to renew my gold sub. Silly me.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I think I make about 10 to 12k every ten minutes with bike club stuff? And that is without doing any of the businesses like counterfeiting because I haven't enough money to start them.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

How long does it take a meth lab to start producing product to sell? I finally got one last night and then discovered half an hour later that it was 1 in the morning and i had to work, but I still had nothing to sell after resupplying twice.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So I played last long before Heists were a thing, and have mostly been doing MC stuff with friends since I started again. Can someone explain to me why the host of the Pacific Standard heist kept blowing up the motorcycles?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Perhaps he should explain that sort of thing, because one of the other guys quit after he blew up the bikes.

I ended up holding half the money during the mission; how do you not get clipped by gunfire leaving the bank? Stay in a huddle? Wait until guys without money kill absolutely everything that lives?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Marzzle posted:

are they gonna release the halloween cars again this year?

Supposedly, yes.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I don't have 2 million. Will this bike be available ongoing or is it a Halloween exclusive too?

Also, I keep getting mission spam on the Xbox One for missions that promise "$$$$$$$$$$$" or "1 million RP". Are those things that could get my account zeroed out?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Which game mode is this? I haven't stumbled into it yet.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

You are meant to hire security. People you hire get money at regular intervals and bonuses for sticking close to you, and they can deliver your poo poo to your warehouse.

Motorcycle club contracts tend to be faster to grind up money, I think. You can also go into manufacturing drugs and the like, which will build up in the background as you do other stuff and then you can sell your stock for profit.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I kind of regret buying a methlab because it takes a long time to make some money and it costs 3600 every 48 minutes while it's running, but on those days I stumble into a low pop server with few hassles I can run supply missions and contracts by myself if I have to. Otherwise I just leave it off and do contracts or heists.

Which reminds me: Why do so many people toggle on "Looking for an MC" and then never accept MC invites? I'll keep getting the "there are people on this server looking for an MC" alert and see that there's more than one club with just one guy. If you want in a club, join a drat club!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I believe once your rank 12 Lester will contact you about an opportunity. Go see him and he will start you on your first heist opportunity. Beyond that, when you get green message alerts from your phone, those are heist missions you can join.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I finally had the chance to have a pork bun the other day and I knew the time had come to be a whole man.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

My friends are trying to do Pacific Standard and were curious how to correctly do the Karuma trick. I've done it legitimately before, but I'm hoping that I can get my friends a relatively painless payout.

So someone correct me if I'm missing something, but from what I've read:

• You need to own the apartment near where the bikes are stowed. May not actually be required but much more useful than trying to get to any other apartment.
  • The apartment owner needs to own an armored Karuma and have it assigned to that garage.
  • You need the money bag carrier to step out of the bank long enough to trigger the waypoints for the escape route, and then have them duck back in.
  • The others (the car owner is enough, really) need to go to where the bikes are. Destroying the bikes is optional? I've seen videos of it with and without destroying the bikes. Also some sources say the car owner must be in the Crowd Control role--the Hacker would not be able to make it work.
  • The car owner needs to climb up to where their apartment front door is located and go in. They can buzz in their friends in if they like but it's not necessary? I've read that there can be some inconsistency about getting into your apartment at this step?
  • Take the Karuma back to the bank and collect Mr. or Mrs. Moneybags for the trip up the mountain.

Do I have any misapprehensions in this list?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Ah, that's an important hint. I remember one of the videos had Lester repeating dialogue but I wasn't clear why.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Thank you.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

My friends all think it's poo poo but it's hands down my favorite bike.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

Aside from the ten thousand different game modes that keep splitting the dwindling player base with each update, it's simply mindboggling that Rockstar refuse to fix the weird and stupid bugs in this multi-billion-dollar game.

Does anyone else have an issue where guests get ejected from a vehicle when an activity starts? One of my friends will have everyone in his helicopter, start something like Headhunter, and suddenly we're all falling to our deaths.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Ron still calls me about crates, but I haven't even seen a crate since I started playing the game again. I wish I could block these fuckers. At least guys like Gerald leave me the hell alone.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Buschmaki posted:

"Guys like Gerald"?

Exactly.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So I know if a vehicle I'm stealing gets damaged, I have to pay that cost. But if someone steals a car I'm sourcing, do they have to pay the cost if they collect it?

Because it seems to me that when someone in a turreted limo just sprays 10k worth of damage into the car, I should just let him have it rather than eat the cost myself.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Watched a video of the Coil Rocket. I think they have the design philosophy backwards. As is, it builds up a meter and then you can jet for a little bit (like 1 second). It should let you use the rocket at any time, filling the meter, but if you let it boost too long the rocket engine explodes.

It would certainly be more exciting than what it is now.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So I just had a bug selling a car from my warehouse. After I finished modding it, it spawned me inside my warehouse at my desk, telling me to collect the car I was trying to sell. The problem was that...the car was not around. I went outside, and the car was not there either. Moreover, since I was mid mission, it wouldn't let me back in the warehouse.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Doesn't seem to be a bonus for larger jobs unless you sell a collection. I haven't finished any collections yet so I can't comment on them, but selling high end cars with a friend I got two installments of 100k for each delivery as they finished. Less the mid costs and that is 160k profit for two people to move and total time involved per car was probably five, ten minutes.

Seems a faster turn around than doing PUG heists and restarting two dozen times.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Yeah, I think some (all?) cars are supposed to be "unique" so it kind of makes sense that if you stuff your shop with cheap ones and sell off the expensive ones they wouldn't be able to spawn the cheap ones anymore since you already, kinda, have them.

Kind of amusing to imagine selling and restealing the same cars over and over again. Basically makes us all Simeon without the loan fraud.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Soulex posted:

I fuckin love my insurgent.

Me and my friends took turns restocking our businesses and using my insurgent for most of it and it is so much God drat fun.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So many people get pissy about being hit with snowballs of all things.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Oh good, a down payment on some new shoes or a facepaint.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Personally I think that heists are too punishing, especially when members of your party get randomly dropped half the time between missions.

Agreed. If they toned them down a bit then maybe I could get my friends to play them again. I don't mind the structure or time investment of heists but there are several times hours of my life have come to nothing because of drops or a single player getting frustrated and ditching, throwing everyone back to square one.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I have yet to encounter a hacker on the Xbox one, to the best of my knowledge.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Domestic Amuse posted:

The Oppressor is officially my favorite bike.

I just watched a video and holy moly.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I know I can't use the laptop while in a private session, but someone said some gunrunning activities can be done on one; I just can't remember what or if they right.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Random, it seems.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I had a weird moment yesterday where I had 648K left over after purchases for Gunrunning and then joined my friends in the evening only to find I had 500k. I mean, it's only the profit of two top end car sales but what happened? No messages about adjustment, either, so it seems like an error.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Icedude posted:

Or just sell before you hit 25% product so it only gives you one vehicle to deliver/defend. It doesn't seem like there's any bonus for selling in bulk

But...numbers...bigger...

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So many people running businesses right now I can't start one to even get supplies. Can't seem to find a session that isn't like that.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

So I just did a gunrunning supply mission and...got no supplies? Like, I was empty before, did the mission, and I'm still empty.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Okay, that is a dumb bug and I'm not doing that.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Aardmania posted:

I had the same thing, but the supply meter updated when I switched my staff from manufacturing to research.

I might try that next time I'm on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Most of my friends are not, ah, good at video games. It's safe to say I'm modest at best, I think. If heists are still the fastest way to make money, which heist would you guys say is easiest to learn and repeat while still paying more than sourced cars? I'm pretty sure after our disastrous first try, they will never do Pacific Standard again.

• Locked thread