Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

NOTinuyasha posted:

On Call is the only way I've managed to get into any contract missions, hosting my own results in zero joins. And it's either run by pubbies who don't know what the gently caress and start the game with way too few players or, rarely, a mission way above my level and I just get taken for a ride. I still gain RP though for failures and rare successes so... whatever.

Also if anyone is looking to grind races for wins before they close that loophole, PM me.

pm'd you. I am down to play whenever so long as you're on PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009
If anyone wanted to buy any GTA fun bucks you can get them half off at Gamestop right now.

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009
What are the best locations for apartments in GTA:O?

I currently have an apartment in Eclipse Towers but with the recent increase in property limits I was thinking of picking up another two. Do your cars get repaired automatically in any of the garages or only the high end ones? Same deal, can I get a mechanic to deliver any of my cars, or is that only a high end apartment feature?

Money is not an issue as I stocked up on GTA funbux through the gamestop half off sale.

Dox023 fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Dec 19, 2014

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

BitBasher posted:

You are wasting your time. When you blow up a car that way now they don't pay their insurance costs either, it's free for them. I don't know of a way to make someone pay for insurance costs on next gen unless they blow up their own car. All other circumstances either the person who blows it up pays it or there is no charge.

You can kill people in passive but you wont get credit for the kill. If you blow up a car near them then that car's blast can blow them up sympathetically. It's more difficult but it works.

Hey BitBasher, if you lower a cars suspension or put the splitters/diffusers on them does that alter the handling in any way? I also hear that putting offroad tires on your cars has some benefit but I haven't been able to get a clear answer on exactly what the benefit is.

Also, is it possible to buy a Cargobob online and have it delivered via Pegasus, or do you need to go find one every time you want to haul stuff around?

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

Specifically, I have a car that already has the stock suspension purchased, but not in use because I have bought a higher suspension. When I switch back to the stock suspension which I already own, therefore don't actually purchase it, the sad trombone horn does not become free. I'll have to try scrolling through the options like above.

I need more PS4 goon mission sprees. I want to get up from 90 to 100 before the heists land. Stop the nightly free roam mayhem and do missions!

Myself and a couple other goons are basically always running missions and try inviting the LLJK Crew on PS4 before we start each one but hardly anyone accepts the invites. If you end up with a mission invite from Dox023, TheDukeChin, or Digitist you should accept. Once we start running missions we usually don't stop for a few hours.

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Aw, I usually play evenings EST. (And I'm starting a new [real-life] job soon, bleh.)

I am generally down to play a bunch of missions throughout the day as well as running missions late night with TheDukeChin. Feel free to add Dox023 on the PSN with the message GTA Goon or something like that and whenever I go to run missions i'll check if you're around.

Rad Valtar posted:

I'm going to add you guys tomorrow I'm looking for late night action.

Sounds good man, same deal as with Pretzel. If you add me i'll check if you're around before starting any missions.

Dox023 fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jan 8, 2015

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

im pooping! posted:

Anyone trying to rank to 100 as fast as possible on PS4, I'm gonna grind missions for like 7 hours tonight. Preferably 4 player missions so we get more variety.

PSN: clown_skull and I'll be spamming crew invites for whoever wants to play.

What time are you looking to start running missions clown? I haven't played GTA V in around a week and i'm down to run a 7 hour mission block.

PSN: Dox023

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

I don't remember who it was in our session last night that was lamenting about Top Gear on Netflix but this is for you

That would be me Dox023 and thanks for finding that. We ran a good block of missions last night and we should try to get the group back together again tonight if people are around.

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

im pooping! posted:

I couldn't make it 7 hours with missions only. Once I got into free roam around 1:30, I made it my mission to murder the dude talking loudly over his mic into his telephone to his girlfriend as many times as possible.

I will definitely be playing later today and I'm like 1.5 levels away from rank 100(which doesn't matter apparently because the heavy sniper is king of weapons).

Any idea what time you'll be on tonight clown? I'll definitely be down to do more missions tonight since we had a good crew last night, and I want my own heavy sniper.

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Say what you will about killing time but a bunch of us drove down to the Del Perro Pier during a mission and spent ten minutes punching people out and it was more fun than hours and hours I've spent in free-roam.

Yeah, and using the knife on civilians while in first person was hilarious too. I don't remember who suggested that but it was a brilliant idea.

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

Anyone want get a group running tonight on PS4 to bang out some missions and build their bank accounts back up? I'm down to 40,000 after buying my new Banshee and upgrades. Maybe 7/8 EST? I'll be around, add me on PSN: literallygary

Yeah i'd be down to run some missions with you gary, it went pretty well and was hilarious last time.

PSN: Dox023

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009
So I have Monday and Tuesday off of work this coming week and i'm looking to do all the heists in a row if anyone wants to join me.

CST and on PC

Add Dox023 on the social club.

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

rizuhbull posted:

Anyone up for going through every heist with a single team and getting all those 100k and million rewards? Same team, in order, etc. Maybe over the course of a day or two? Maybe even in first person mode? I'd also like to do the elite heist challenges sometime. Got one goon, need two more. I'll host.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/panda-hero

I'd be down for that assuming you're playing on PC. I have Monday and Tuesday off work if you wanted to knock some of them out.

I added you to friends from Dox023 on R* socialclub and I have another friend "tehgrif" who is also a goon and may be interested.

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

Robo Reagan posted:

So is this a decent enough guide for leveling up skills for online?

http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/2keuoa/complete_guide_of_character_attributes_in_gta_5/

Most of it I'll just level normally, but I might powerlevel Lung Capacity and Stealth just because they'll never get leveled otherwise.

It's a fairly decent guide to leveling up your skills but there is a better way to max your shooting skill out if you care.

What I did was block an npc vehicle in on all sides with cars so the npc inside couldn't exit his vehicle or go forward/reverse. After that you take your fastest firing weapon (mini uzi is probably easiest here) and get on the hood of the car behind the npc car. Shoot at the license plate continuously and your shooting skill should level rapidly unless it was fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

FallinInTheBlak posted:

:siren:Important Crew Information

I have here a list of 84 names all of whom are up for execution. What I've done is go through half of the crew and find everybody who registered in 2014 and look at their last social club activity to see whether or not they are active, anybody who had a last activity of 4 months or greater has potentially been put on this list. Also on this list are a few members I found repping different crews and who were also not on the whitelist.

CTRL+F your social club name to see if you are on this list!

I'm going to give everybody on this list until next Friday to get back to me either via quoting this post along with your social club name or via a private messaging containing your social club name.

Dox023 here, I play most nights running missions/heists/etc. with the PC crew. I would greatly appreciate not being purged.

• Locked thread