Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

i see everyone use that armored car, but I don't see an option to purchase it, how are people getting this car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

So why can't my cars go any faster than 120mph despite their speed gauges saying they could go faster?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Top Hats Monthly posted:

So what is your favorite car in your garage? I don't think I actually hate any cars

For serious business, Comet. Seems like everyone that doesn't have the Kuruma uses a sports car while doing Jobs so naturally I needed a sports car too. The Comet was a good cheap option for me and I liked driving it in Single Player. My only gripe with it is that it spins out way too much on dirt if you are too aggressive with it. Saving up for a Zentorno since that seems to be the Hot poo poo supercar everyone uses.

For screwing around? Karin Rebel or BF Injection. Love me some rust bucket off-roading.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Anyone want to trade wins with me? Username is same as SA name

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

Which platform? If it's PC, I'm game. Same name as here.

Ok, friend request sent

EDIT: You may need to check Rockstar Social Club or ingame. There's too many people with that username on Steam.

request sent
v

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 26, 2015

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Dandywalken posted:

Whats a good spot to find Sultans? Just out and about?

Gonna be the guy in my group to get one.

Check around the prison parking lot. Drive a Karin Asterope for best results.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I dress like the guy in the movie Drive.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Here's my guy. Does he look like a douchebag to you?

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Apr 28, 2015

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Finally completed the first heist. The random I played with got a $9000 bounty so of course I took him out, very Jokerish thing to do. Now to grid for the armored car so I can make more grinding trivial.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Yeah, I immediately go into passive mode when I start a session. People are dicks online, me included.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 29, 2015

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Sax Solo posted:

I hope this dumb armored-Kurumas-everywhere phase ends soon.

When the NPCS stop being such deadly crackshots and players stop dying so quickly then maybe Kuruma abuse will stop. It's cheapness fighting back against cheapness.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Does the Dukes just not exist in the PC version? I can't seem to find one even when driving a muscle car nor can I buy one off the internet. I just wanted to make the General Lee. :sigh:

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

They can be purchased on the site, but only for players who transferred from an earlier version.

I didn't transfer from an earlier version. Do they spawn?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Is there a benefit from having a maxed out strength stat besides looking buff and knocking out peds with one punch? Also it's weird that playing golf would boost that stat.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Punching peds definitely raises it, but it's the slowest option though. Fun though!

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I picked up some spawned money from a hacker and immediately spent it upgrading cars and garages. Am I gonna get banned?

Might be doing me a favor if they ban me, then I can focus on single player.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I'm up for some golf cart racing once I get off work in half an hour. Social club name is same as SA username. PC Version of course.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 2, 2015

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Nuebot posted:

Thanks a ton, again, man! Now I have a rad car to shoot people with. Now to hit rank 90 to armor it up!

I want a hearse. Where do you find one?

Well, duh! Can't be sure since you know how illogical GTA's car spawning system can be. Can't find a sports anywhere but as soon as you do everyone starts driving one. :v:
v

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 04:53 on May 4, 2015

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Nintendo Kid posted:

Seriously, the best way to grind up race wins is to buy or find a Sadler, mod it up a little, and then either find a race that allows utility vehicles or make your own and spam invites to it. You are pretty much guaranteed to win against any pubby you come across, because they're stuck with golf carts and other poo poo that's slow as balls.

As a bonus, if any of them upvotes your race that counts to unlocking some awards and you get a small bit of RP each vote. Try to litter your course with missles and frequent checkpoints so that the slow players can have fun shooting each other up.

I just tried this tactic, the reactions from the pubbies were hilarious. I do feel a little bad using this tactic but if the part unlock system wasn't so retarded then we wouldn't resort to such dirty tactics.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 4, 2015

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Powershift posted:

I just dumped 100 grand into a faggio and it owns bones.

It takes a little longer to get up to speed, but it's top speed is up there with sports cars.

Now go find someone also riding one and yell out "Scooter Brothers!"

Maybe also troll some Utility races with it as well.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

The flare gun is my new favorite drive by weapon. Burn baby burn. :supaburn:

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Akion posted:

Why does Rockstar hate fun?

Because they want us to buy our fun with Shark Cards. :v:

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

Carbonizzare needs no visual mods because it's visually perfect already.

Also only pubbies have Zentornos. As a car it's essentially a litmus test for how much you suck.

But but I own a Zentorno. :(

It doesn't count if you're a goon, right?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

If anything Armored Kurumas should be considered lame. Much as I like driving into a pile of NPCs whose bullets harmlessly bounce off my car like's it's the automobile version of Superman and then laughing as I shoot flares into their faces, it's made missions really trivial and boring. Yet I keep using it because dying sucks and you die too quickly in Online.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Asmodai_00 posted:

Stop being bad hth

But then I can't gently caress around and shoot people in the face with a flare gun. :(

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

rt4 posted:

Why are you trying to have fun in freeroam??

I meant during missions. The flare gun is the most hilarious way to kill the NPCs.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Hobo Train Trip sounds like fun!

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Scyron posted:

The lab, is the mp3 usb stick music playback station?

No, Self Radio is.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Anyone with a hearse want to help me get one? I'll be online around 11pm EST. I'm on PC of course.

Also, we need an official Goonmoblie. Maybe hearses? Or the Pacer knockoff as comedy option?

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 04:18 on May 9, 2015

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Any idea why I keep getting err_gfx_d3d_init errors after finishing some jobs when running full screen? Seems to happen most frequently with Titan of a Job. If I run windowed I never get the error. Specs are i5 3470k, GTX970, 8GB ram.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I'd like to go hearse hunting with someone who has one already. I'll be online around 11pm EST.

EDIT: Social Club name is same as SA name. I'm on PC.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 10, 2015

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Thanks to Xenaero I have a hearse of my own. Let me know if you want one.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I'll be on and off at random times of the day today, starting now. Hit me up if you want me to spawn you a rare vehicle. I currently have the Hearse and Western Daemon motorcycle. I can also spawn Sultans if you are really having a hard time finding one. Mad props to Xenaero and Powershift to hooking me up. Let's spread the rare vehicle love, and fight back against Rockstar's shoddy and asinine vehicle spawning programming! :black101:

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 10, 2015

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

If you want to be more covert about trollwinning utility races, get a Faggio and upgrade it. Most people aren't going to upgrade one because it's a waste of cash. Also keep it a default color as to trick people into thinking it's also stock.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 10, 2015

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I gotta ask: Why does almost every goon I meet online dress like a clown?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Well I'm rocking the 70s/80s getaway driver look over here.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I think I'm gonna Bosozoku up my cars when I get off work tonight. I'm real suprised R* even included shotokan pipes as an exhaust option for some cars. Clown cars best cars honestly.

And I'll join the Goon Clown Cosplayer brigade.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 13, 2015

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Reo posted:

I can't explain how much a simple goddamn sitting pose/command would add to this game.

I'm glad they included a nose picking option.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I encountered a hacker who had an AK-47 that shot moneybags a couple weeks ago before the first wave of mass bans. I only picked up enough to purchase an Armored Kuruma and two 10 slot garages and never got banned. I guess if you encounter one of these people and you pick up the money it's best to spend it all right way. You may still get banned but you'll at least have laundered your cash into vehicles and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

My guess is that Rockstar is just checking for large increases of cash that aren't caused by the player buying a shark card or completing a heist, and banning those people accordingly because obliviously they are threatening their precious microtransactions, when all the player did was pick up or had spawned money shot at them.

• Locked thread