Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Moggie posted:

I purchased GTA5 PC from GMG before it released without realizing that it wasn't a steam key and now I want the Steam version.

If anyone is looking for GTA 5 I'd be willing sell them my RockStar Social Club account with the GTA 5 license attached for $46 (GMG sale price). Looks like Social Club accounts are fully transferable because you can edit every single account detail (including username/Email address) to transfer it to someone else.

I can't use PMs on SA so I guess reply here if you might be interested.

There's no real point to getting it on steam. Just link it as a non-steam game and you get access to all the steam functionality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Ra-amun posted:

Did you get that working? Mine just runs the launcher then exits without loading the game.

I didn't actually bother doing it with gta but I'll give it a shot when I get home from work. I've done it with other games before but maybe it doesn't quite work with games with launchers.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

BitBasher posted:

Cool. I have it on PC but the mouse feels... heavy, sluggish. It's like there is some mouse acceleration I can't find a setting to get rid of, and I have looked. I actually prefer the feel of it on a controller. My younger self would shoot my current self in the foot for saying that.

I'm pretty sure it defaults to raw input for the mouse. But you can switch it to that if it's not. You might want to try fiddling with the sensitivity and whatnot to get it feeling good.

edit: Not at home so I can't tell you where exactly but I'm pretty sure it's easy to find under settings.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Anyone else have the patch today just completely fail? It bluescreened my computer(a driver infinite loop'd), then it the patch install failed with no reason given and now the launcher just hangs. Ordinarily I'd just redownload the game but fuuuuuuck that.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Anyone else have the patch today just completely fail? It bluescreened my computer(a driver infinite loop'd), then it the patch install failed with no reason given and now the launcher just hangs. Ordinarily I'd just redownload the game but fuuuuuuck that.

Looks like a handful of people are having this issue. Not many but there are a few tickets on the forums. This is super loving annoying.

edit: Almost makes me wish I had just pirated the loving thing. I'd probably still be able to play the drat game right now.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Has anyone figured out a way to make the camera not auto-center when driving? That poo poo is the bane of my existence. I know there's a slider for it in options, but I'm not entirely sure what the gently caress it does. Sets the auto-center angle maybe?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
And then you get booted back to single player and try again!

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Are there any repercussions of doing the gimmicky custom missions that reward a shitload of xp + cash? or do they not actually work? Someone linked one of those in here.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I am sad to report that even at like, rank 32 I'm occasionally getting wrecked by even the AI. I'll be playing all carefully wrecking a bunch of AI until one of them decides to be king poo poo superstar and completely ruin my poo poo with a hyper accurate burst. It seems you're never not just a handful of bullets from being dead.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Is the coil worth getting? It seems like it's strong suit (acceleration) is pointless compared to top speed considering how many of the upgrades jack up acceleration. I want to get one eventually cause I kinda like the sound of it, but for now I'm prioritizing cars that are good and fast at getting from point A to B outside of races.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Right after posting that I found 2 at once in the prison parking lot. We subaru now.

That's pretty imprezave luck.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
With that much RP, my guess is he must have done the heist achievements so that's a cool 10 mill + whatever 1 mills he picked up along the way from the other achievements. Don't know how you manage to hold onto your cash, though. I keep wasting mine on cars. More cars. And explosions.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Rocket launcher.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I've been killed with a regular old gun through the window before--I think maybe it was an armor-piercing pistol?

You can shoot through the unarmoured parts of the window. It's just kinda hard to do. Seems easiest from straight on. Explosives are just the most effective and efficient way to drop them.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Enallyniv posted:

Given that the insurance cost is higher than the hospital bills, blowing the car up isn't a particularly appealing option either. :(

Why would something like this even be in multiplayer?

e: Thanks for the above - definitely worth a try for next time.

The insurance cost isn't too bad. It should only take 1 random mission to recoup the costs. Also, odds are they're going to kill you multiple times.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

BitBasher posted:

But that means that someone that desperately needed the gently caress killed out of them did not, in fact, get the gently caress killed out of them. That's sub optimal.

Play the game with a Frank Castle mentality, because everyone you see is a criminal. If I see a dot that's not a friend or a crew member, I start winding up the gently caress You. Of course, I am a terrible rear end in a top hat.

Funny thing is I didn't really think of myself playing like that until it was mentioned to me by a few goons, but they were right. Self realization is liberating.

Has anyone made a punisher lookalike? Would be pretty great if they went all in and rolled around in the van killing people. Ideally hack in a gun that shoots swords/knives.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

socialsecurity posted:

Honestly passives should be in their own sessions ruins the open world funtimes when half the dudes are intangible ghosts.

I'd agree with you, except I've "killed" people while in passive mode because they're too dumb to realize I'm a ghost and try to rocket me. Also just rolling around following people and honking the horn. Whenever they stop, ghost your car into theirs. Also, bump other traffic into them. Passive mode is great in it's own right.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
How are you people running into so many cheaters? I run into maybe one or two a day at most. All you have to do is recognize "Oh yeah, that's a cheater" and leave. Go do some missions or something. Odds are it'll rotate you out of whatever instance he was in pretty quickly. There are definitely an unacceptable number of cheaters, but not nearly enough to turn me off of free roam.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
How is being "forced" to play in passive mode preventing you from doing all that baby rear end poo poo you listed off? I guess the only thing it messes up is colliding with other players while trying to do *~sick bike stuntz~* but you can just go into an invite only instance for that if you wanted. True they could have probably put in some kind of system where you join standard GTA free for all murderfest instances or carebear sissy instances as a preference but R* didn't really think through this online thing very well. Also they probably didn't expect people playing an online GTA game to want to be a full-time pansy.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
APB did a pretty good "passive" free roam system except people will still absolutely ruin your poo poo in the most creative ways possible. And it had even fewer alternative systems like private lobbies, etc etc. Seriously, everything you're asking for is already available, you're just apparently too much of a baby to use them for some reason. Don't want to be killed? Go into passive. Want full functionality without people killing you? Go into invite only. Not enough of a population in invite only? Invite your friends. Don't have enough friends? I wonder why.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Except I actually enjoy all aspects of the game, including the killing people. And even if it was GTA with nothing but running around killing people without missions and stuff, it would still be a different experience than a call of duty game considering how they, y'know look and play nothing alike. And this is all besides the point that, as I already said, you can do all the things he wanted. In multiple different ways no less. At this point he's complaining that people in a multiplayer game aren't all playing the way he wants. Given people will always find a way to troll and grief in even the most benign of games, it seems ridiculous to be confused and angry at people being assholes in a GTA game.

Seriously, just play in an invite lobby. It has all the goodness of GTA online without those pesky other players kicking over your sandcastle.

edit:

Zaphod42 posted:

Too bad APB sucks at everything else, like shooting, driving, or looking good.

Don't get me wrong, I played a TON of APB at launch. But now that I have GTA Online I'm NEVER going back. This is sooooo much better.

Yeah I wasn't touting APB as a superior game or anything. I played it, enjoyed it, stopped enjoying it and stopped playing it. I was just using it's free roam as an example of a similar game with a much more forgiving open world as far as getting randomly killed. But all it really did was make people kill you in increasingly nonsensical ways.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 30, 2015

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah the initial join and hoping it places you with friends already in an instance is super annoying, but the sheer amount of times you get punted out of a loading screen back to single player, you'd think they'd have seen the extra join options by now. Hell, sometimes it takes 2-3 tries just to get into a session and I've got a relatively decent internet connection.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Play with friends/goons. Do your random stuff until someone invariably messes with you. At that point transform into a roving fucksquad that ruins their poo poo until they leave/you get bored. It's what I do when playing with friends and we're having a fistfight in the middle of the street. And once again, if it's something you really don't want people messing with, private lobbies.

edit: The best was when we kept spawnkilling a dude until one of us could go get a cargobob, after which we boxed him in and the cargobob picked him up. To be fair, this was out in the middle of nowhere(near the vineyards I think?) and we gave him the opportunity to gently caress off or join the fisticuffs but he kept shooting us.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 30, 2015

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
edit: nvm. Pointless post for the most part.

The kuruma really is a garbage car unless you pre-ordered. Once you get going in the game/have some explosive weapons, it's a joke to deal with but before then, it's kind of a pain in the rear end. Fortunately if you pre-ordered, you start with enough money to buy your own AND a rocket launcher so it's a non-issue.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 30, 2015

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

A c E posted:

There wasn't. I recall it being brought up frequently and it's definitely stupid that you can't do it.

As for the issue with pubbies being a dicks, I don't find it all that bad. Even on PC I can usually roam around without anyone attacking me, though maybe my level scares them off. When someone is being an rear end, won't leave me alone, etc and no goons are around I'll just switch sessions (or go into rampage mode depending on my mood).

I've spent hours flying around free roam in a mallard around the city trying to do tricks and no ones attacked me, but maybe it's just because I get put into lobbies with other Canadians and we aren't jerks.

Probably depends on how high and where you're flying. I've noticed people mostly don't bother rocketing planes if they're relatively high up or moving semi-quickly in a structurally dense area. But if you're flying low over a big, open area you better hope you're good at dodging or high enough to deploy your parachute.

Unrelated note: I really loving wish this game had shoulder switch in third person.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

drat it, I got the frozen dailies bug and I'm only 8 days away from the 28-day bonus. Balls.

AND I just crashed with the "failed to initialize" bullshit while playing golf!

Crashes in GTA:O are pretty... par for the course.

I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

vug posted:

ironically everyone i've encountered who has a kuruma is a complete noob and can't drive or shoot for poo poo
or even competently run people over most of the time

Yeah most of those people are laughably easy to outdrive with even a lovely sedan missing a tire or two.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

hagie posted:

Ok next car purchase:

Furore
Massacro
Jester
Tourismo
Khanelion (can't be great at 100k...)
Vacca
Exemplar

I have a Voltic and find it fun as poo poo. Quick to go, fast, agile, and loving silent. I just want something flashy and fun for no reason (reason enough...right?)

I might use the tunnel near the freeway. A friend and I are looking for strong points to choke the police while they aimbot headshot us in invite only.

For the more expensive cars, I'd suggest loving around with them for free in a race first. I bought an infernus and kinda regretted it for how much it cost. If you're just buying it for looks though, go wild.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
How the gently caress are you supposed to get a 1 on 1 deathmatch? I've been roaming around killing people and letting them kill me to get one going but I can't get one going. gently caress this lovely daily bullshit. 1 away from another week, too.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah I normally do all my dailies with a buddy but our schedule hasn't aligned these past couple days. I know how to get it but actually getting someone to challenge me or accept my challenge is a royal pain in the rear end.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Because it beats the poo poo out of dressing like a generic dude or an *~x-treme killr~*.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Joe Gillian posted:

I wish you would stop reminding us that there isn't a PC equivalent yet.

Why isn't there a rockets vs insurgents equivalent on pc, anyway? Does it keep getting taken down or something? I haven't tooled around with the editor, but it seems like it would be easy to make.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Duke Chin posted:

Good lord that man's back @ 0:50 :stare:

Why does everyone like this map/mission? It's fuuuuuuuuuuckiiiiiiiiiiiiiin stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid and boring.

Never played it. Just seen videos and people say it's fun and profitable. If either of those is true I'd be all over that poo poo. Making money in this game gets tedious at times.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
So are all these hackers just getting temp or perma banned? I'm trying to figure out why it's so widespread. Normally in full-price games you see a lot fewer people willing to sink the full cost of the game via ban, especially since it's just some trainer or whatever they're downloading.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah I'd kill for a hacker to dump money on me. There's so much poo poo I want to just gently caress around with, but the costs of doing so makes me balk every time. The only amusing hacker was one that just kept spawning on me and my buddies, regardless if we were flying in a helicopter or speeding down the highway. He was not invincible.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Also with the cost of some stuff, a million is nothing. That's like, one car.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

QwertyAsher posted:

So as a stupid newbie, am I just being dumb or is it really stupid that the way you earn upgrades to your cars is to win races, in which you will be racing against people who already have the upgrades to their cars. Is it really a case of "keep losing repeatedly until you find a group of people who are completely incompetent"? Or am I just really loving bad at racing.

Join one of the goon groups and or ask if anyone is willing to trade races with you. other than that, try and get races with custom cars disabled I guess. Your only other option is get really good at driving/hope everyone else is terrible.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
It depends on why you're racing, though. if you're racing because you enjoy that aspect, it might be worth slogging it. But I wanted race wins for car dress-up barbies so I race traded that poo poo ASAP.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Splode posted:

No, it's worse fully modded. It's as if it has magic non-stick tires.

Stick all traction and braking mods on, leave off acceleration? Seems like a car you don't want to get if you hate being a drift god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Dryer Lint posted:

You wanna roleplay Initial D with me later? We can pretend like there's tofu in our coffee cups and poo poo. And then I can take off my racing helmet and that's when you'll realize I'm actually a beautiful if flat chested woman. You can fall hopelessly in love with me even though I never notice you which inspires you to win the driftu championships. But in the end I'll fall for the guy who comes in second place because he understands what it is to love driftuing and you'll realize you've lost your way.

I uhhh... what?

• Locked thread