Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Is there a "best" for any of the weapon types? I would like to optimize my weapon wheel by dumping some poo poo, but I can't tell what's good or not anymore. Also it seems my Adder and Entity are missing. Thanks Rockstar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Psion posted:

There's a lot of stat-identical or stat-similar guns, but these are what I consider the best:

• Pistols: AP pistol is the best. Heavy pistol is probably the best semi-auto.
  • SMGs: Sweeper is the best, Combat SMG as a backup. Get the Micro regardless for drive-by purposes, sometimes it's useful over the AP pistol.
  • Shotguns: Assault Shotgun, but buy the sawed-off too since you can use it from a motorcycle
  • ARs: Special Carbine or Bullpup rifle (they appear to be stat-identical) - special note to the regular Carbine Rifle, which does less damage per shot but is more accurate than either.
  • MGs: Combat MG
  • Snipers: Heavy Sniper
  • heavy weapon: whatever
  • thrown: stickies :v:

Hey thanks this is like exactly what I'm looking for.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
So I am having issue's trying to fire guns using the triggers. Any idea how to fix it?

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

Did it suddenly happen? Do things look right in the control settings?

Because I suddenly found myself having an issue trying to throttle up and leave the ground with helicopters, minutes before the lobby crashed a bunch of us out.

No. Since I bought the game of I use the triggers I have to like really squeeze them down in order to fire. Sometimes multiple times

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Is the Entity XF the best super car? Or is the zentoro better? I really like the traction of the entity.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Does the upgrades close the gap for the entity? The little stat bars claim it does.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Huh. That's kind of a bummer. Shame the entity handles so much better. It doesn't seem worth putting off my buzzard for the Zentoro.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Can the Zentoro get comparable traction? If they fix turbos isn't it the same for either car.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Yeah I dunno. Everything says the entity has a higher top speed. Also all wheel drive is pretty much the greatest. It's life being glued to the road.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

rally posted:

It's less common to reach full speed in races than to need high acceleration. I am pretty sure the Zentorno is AWD also.

I don't think it is. And if Rockstar fixes their car poo poo, then acceleration would be the same between the two.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

rally posted:

The Zentorno is in fact 4WD. As far as whether acceleration is more important than top speed I guess it depends on the type of race. I prefer races with more sharp corners and technical stuff and I feel like the Zentorno has upped my game to the next level from the Entity I was driving for months.

I honestly can't find anything saying Zentorno is AWD. If it is then it is then that's pretty cool, I'll take your word for it. I did some driving in the Zentorno today and it just doesn't feel like it hugs the road nearly as well. I guess really for me it's a case of I don't see enough difference to buy a Zentorno and put off my buzzard purchase when the entity seems just as competitive. It's the traction that I really like from Entitiy. Also from how things are presented it seems raising acceleration is much more common in mods then traction and top speed.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Are there any good ways to make money? Like a Playlist that I can just get on and smash out missions? I bit the bullet and got a fully upgraded Zentorno, so buzzard is next on my list.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Yeah, probably not.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
So today I've been fighting dudes who simply don't die. Like multiple head shots with an assault rifle then I get killed instantly in the first shot. This happened with like 5 people who seem to just have way to much health. What's going on is the special and advanced rifles just bad? The combat MG didn't do poo poo either.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

HiriseSoftware posted:

Is there a new LSC wheel glitch? They seemed to fix the current glitch not by fixing the "buy wheel X, get unrelated wheel Y free" but my making "wheel Y" much cheaper, so the sell value drops. Chrome offroad wheels are mostly around $5K now. Other chrome wheels are still expensive.

So does the glitch still work?

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
What's the consensus on the new helicopters? Are the mini guns on the huey and good? that's my only choice for killing dudes while airborne with friends right?

Edit never mind I want a valkery

Moochewmoo fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Mar 24, 2015

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

my new dog posted:

how the hell do i shoot stuff? :P im getting killed by everyone in seconds, its like there is no auto-aim for me whatsoever and they all have aimbots. i guess im just out of practice. doesnt help that r2 does absolutely nothing unless i apply waaay too much force. luckily i can remap buttons now!

Your controller is broken. You can swap to the shoulder buttons in the options menu and it works pretty well. You'll always be at a disadvantage when driving.

If you've had it for less the a year Sony will repair the controller.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

my new dog posted:

its only in this game though. Shooting stuff in destiny works without any issue. So idk, it might be time for a new controller anyway, the rubber sticks on this one are falling apart from my focused gamer grip

Yeah because this game uses variable control of the triggers for acceleration and stuff. Destiny is either on or off. The triggers aren't functioning properly, and Sony will fix it for free. If you had Helldivers you'd have issues there too.

You can't do burn outs or race at full speed till you fix or replace that controller.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
I'll join you kranken. I'll look for you online tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Doing some heists on ps4 right now! Send a message to Woodshelf and we only need two more to get going

• Locked thread