Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I started playing GTAV Online about a week ago and love it. I have learned that RP level and skill level mean nothing. The level 80 guy will act just as retarded as the level 8 guy.

How can I raise my strength quickly or in a fun way? Punching random pedestrians has barely accomplished anything. Stregth is the only stat that I have that is not rising at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Golf seeems to be the only thing that noticeably increased my stregth in a short amount of time. Playing 9 holes or 1 hole didn't make any noticeable difference in stregth gain. Playing alone or with another player didn't matter either.

So playing the shortest hole (# 6) repeatedly gave me 1 stregth bar after 20 minutes. The only thing slowing down grinding stregth this way is the fact I have to load after every hole. And you make no money amd little RP too.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
OK found a fast way to level strength solo in GTA Online. I am on PC.

Go into GTA Online (preferably go into offline first, then select Online from the menu and go Invite only session so you can load quickly).
Go somewhere open and lots of flat space (golf course, desert, whatever).
Open the Creator.
Create Deathmatch.
Set max players to something like 20.
Set to "forced weapon only"
Set weapon to "Jerry Can".
Set up spawns. Just use the random (high spawns, no weapons) a few times to create a bunch of spawns quickly.
Set the kill limit/goal to whatever you want. How about 30?
Test your Deathmatch. In order to test a match, I think all you need are the spawns, team spawns, and that's it.

Go around and kill a bunch of NPCs that are standing still with your fists. You still get points in strength for doing this. A lot of points.
Once you win your match against a bunch of brain dead NPCs, you will be back in the creator menu.
Exit to GTA Online. I don't know if that is important.

Took 1 and 1/2 minutes to set up it all up. I set the kill limit/goal to 60.
After killing 60 NPCs in 10 minutes, strength went from 52 to 70. You can just set the kill limit higher if you want more strength.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

codo27 posted:

How do I solo missions?

Because playing online with lubbies is just that bad.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I thought the thread title was only a joke about how GTA Online could not handle the load during its first weeks. I have only played a little over a week and I can't even log in today. Ug... Are the servers always going to be like that?

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I am a stupid baby or something because I can't figure out how to join the GTA V channel on mumble. It says I was "denied Enter privileges in GTA V". I made my mumble name be DeadlyHamSandwich.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
It is Sunday and I have nothing I need to do. Time to finally lead those heist missions! I have a good Goon crew and we are breezing through these missions. Just one more mission and we can play the Humane Raid finale! Hmmm... Why did everyone quit the job all of a sudden? Mumble quit too? Can't find session? Oh, the internet went out. Let's see what is causing the outage. Ah... Comcast says it will only be out until 12am... God drat it.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

theguybro posted:

No idea to both

Edit: Any goons online on PC right now?

You will always find a few goons on Mumble. I always check there. Sometimes the Rockstar Social Club will tell me people are offline when they are not. Even when the person is in the same session as me. Mumble link is in OP.

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 2, 2015

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

theguybro posted:

Are you on PC? I'll do this race with you right now if you want. Add me on SC - stopitb

Ok, more informations off topic: If you get money spawned on you, try not to deposit all of it at once (if you even do decide to bank it). Cockstar doesn't like anything being deposited over 100k. I seriously don't know why that's the case considering on PS3 I never banked poo poo until I was in like the 6 digits so that's weird.

You won't get banned or in trouble if you deposit ALL of it but from what I seen Cockstar does this little thing where they flag it depending on how much you deposited. Anything up to 15 mil at once should be "ok" but anything over that much I'd suggest doing in 100k deposits.

That is odd. Is there a good reason for banking cash? I thought you could get mugged or something, but whenever I die I only seem to lose $2k to $3k. I usually bank only when I at least have 6 figures.

I can't even think of a reason why I bank at all. Maybe role playing?

Deadly Ham Sandwich fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 3, 2015

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Now I feel like a poor person for only getting $9 million in total. $4 million from hacker monies.

I obviously need more hacker monies. No idea what I would do with it though. Already bought the cars/helicopter/boats I wanted.

I want to do the Criminal Mastermind challenge. I am on PC; available central time after 5:30pm and on weekends. I don't know if anyone else would be interested in doing that, because it would mean we would have to go through all the heists, not gently caress around too much (and it is so hard for people not to gently caress around), and not play heists with anyone else for a while.

I think not loving around would be the biggest hurdle.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
I heard I get get all the hackers monies here.

I am actually here to find out any new or interesting things since the update. The only new thing I have learned is that there is an event this weekend. Double RP for racing and adversary. 25% off luxury property. And also a shirt, but it only appears in crate drops. I have never seen a crate drop so I have no idea what that is.

Ill Gotten Gains Update notes
https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/205705358

Event this weekend.
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52449/announcing-the-ill-gotten-gains-event-weekend-part-one

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

hagie posted:

Is like to see my garage or apartment have a weapon stock wall. That way I'm not getting gunned down while trying to swap over my AK to get to my AR

That would be a great feature. I really want to drop a lot of weapons.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Fun off-road locations!

Area on Map: Sandy Shores Mine Trail
Type of offroading: Hill Climbing/Dirt Road Riding

This fun location involves a bit of skill and a lot of fun riding up a dusty trail from the base of Sandy Shores all the way up to the forested highway. Although it's pretty quick it's a fun little drive and you can branch out onto other dirt roads if you please. Excellent and difficult if it's rainy out, fun and light if it's dry. Best done with friends who can give you a bit of a challenge uphill. Be careful not to roll down though if you miss a turn! Brakes probably won't save you. Race brakes would be key for this area of the map and it's a good time for all.

Area on Map: Sandy Shores Construction Zone
Type of offroading: Mud racin'!

Fibe effort post
Excellent little course that has jumps, highly banked curves, and unfortunate security guards and construction personnel during the day. This track will test your endurance as a driver, and will test your poor car's rollover potential. It can be not very pretty hitting a highly banked turn at 50MPH then flying into a tree, blowing out all your windows and making your doors look a tad bit janky. It's once again a pretty easy drive but if you want to have a relaxing time you need to go sub 30 MPH or you will begin to need to take an active role. Great way to put mud on your tires if you'd like and an excellent way to test out your offroading skills!

Area on Map: Zancudo River/Mt. Chilliad River Valley/Mt. Chilliad
Type of Offroading: Difficult scenic route

Exercise caution here as your driving will require a bit more stamina and hopefully a grippy vehicle that will test you as you drive up the tallest mountain out there (which you can climb to the summit in a vehicle with torque and a bit of driving skill!) or drive in the river and test your vehicle's strongest wheels and hopefully a suitable engine. Don't rollover here or you will either
A. Kill your engine
B. Mess up your body work
C. Mess up YOUR body.
Still a lot of fun and if you can handle it it's a good time, and GTA is at it's prettiest here. Have fun offroading and good luck!

Thank you to Mike_NLN for the assist.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Fine effort post. Also, Robobalboa (gta name) made an awesome race map in the quarry called Mud and Muscle. You have to play it in the rain. And with muscle cars. It is drat good fun.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

How about you stop making GBS threads up the thread.

Kidding.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Why is everyone bitching about insurance. Did they increase the insurance pay out or something?

Any new ways to have fun in GTA Online? Particular good race or playlist? Etc

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
Is there something I am supposed to do for access to the GTA V mumble channel? I can connect to the server, but I am denied access to the GTA V channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

titties posted:

Killing a hostage means that NOOSE will join the police when you leave the bank. The upside to this is that there is an armored NOOSE transport that spawns near the bank which you can use to escape. The downside is NOOSE.

You can kill a specific teller to prevent anyone from signaling NOOSE, then go to town on the remaining hostages. Not sure if that works anymore.

• Locked thread