Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009
So I've been playing this game on the wrong platform for a while now (xbone). To jump in on PC with you all do I need to get the steam version or can I grab the rockstar social version?

I also assume there is no way to transfer or copy my Xbox one guy over correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009

TSBX posted:

I'm mobile posting, but I think the deadline to transfer your char is over. You can do either PC version from what I've been told, but why not just use the Steam version.

Can grab it much cheaper if you find a social club key vs steam key

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009
So last night was my first night on PC after a couple hundred hours on the xbone. Controls definitely take summer getting used to. But drat is it pretty and between the graphics and the populations of players and NPCs the world feels way more alive. Plus got some hacker bux and teleported and killed and spawned at the top of world above chilliad.

I'll take the minor annoyances in trade for how much better the game is here.

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009
GTA Online: The only thing more annoying then script kiddies is people taking about hackerbux.

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009
The rocket bike with its 20 ruiner middles is the greatest thing I never knew I needed in my life.

The anti air turret with twin 20mm flak upgrade pulled by the APC makes quick work of every resupply mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009

"Back Hack posted:

E: We also found the hard way that new Dune Bungie with the grenade launcher is hot garbage (the mini-gun and MG are still good), largely because the grenades it fires tend to bounce back into the bungie itself.

Yeah the dune buggy is hot garbage even with the 762 mini gun way to exposed for free roam. But that nade bouncing off the cop back into the drivers seat was hilarious.
Tampa fully upgraded is neat but to fragile to be useful compared to apc or half track.

• Locked thread