Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

SplitSoul posted:

Man, gently caress Flight School.

Flight School owns.

The helicopter challenges blows, though. Especially the shooting gallery one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
The "Disappear from the minimap for 1 minute" service you can buy from Lester after you hit rank 40 is amazing, I've gotten so many effortless bounties from it. People drop all their defenses when they can't see anyone close on the minimap, so I just set up with a fast bike, a sawn off shotgun, and fire up the "invisibility" a couple of blocks away from the target.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Slim Killington posted:

This is poor person thinking. Get your rear end in the car, finish the mission, take a new one, rinse, repeat, get rich.

It's still a baby way to do missions hth

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Xenaero posted:

I have a Phoenix but should I be swapping it out for a Dominator before I go full force on mods? Will it look as badass?

I've tried to like the Phoenix ,but it handles like poo poo, so I'd recommend going for the Dominator instead.

Alternatively, get a Buffalo S if you want a sports car. It's a relatively cheap 4-doorer with good engine power and amazing handling.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I just did the entire Prison break heist with a team of 3 random <rank 10's that I picked up from Open Matchmaking, and it went smoother than any heist I ever joined with people rank 40 or higher.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Lava Red is the best colour in the game.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So, I joined a Versus mission because of the daily objective. The mission seemed to be for me to assassinate some businessman, while the two people on the other team were supposed to protect him.
All well so far, I grab a bike, and set up a sticky trap, drive around, and trick the limo the other team is driving to drive over it, blow them all up, including the businessman, and.... I lost?
No explanation or anything, just a big "LOSER" on the screen.

I cant say I care too much, it was only one mission, but I would really like to know what I did wrong here.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Apr 28, 2015

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

hellfaucet posted:

OK gentle goons, I need some suggestions on which vehicles I should purchase from here. Looking for fun times/comdey/useful, not really a big supercar fan.

Here's what I have already:
Kuruma (Armored)
Sultan RS
Paradise
Rat-Loader
Sanchez
Enduro
PCJ 600
Elegy RH8
Bati 801

Valkyrie
Insurgent

Z-Type

Edit: Seriouspost, the Buffalo S handles like a dream when you upgrade it, and has decent speed and acceleration to boot. Probably one of the most "useful" cars I have.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Apr 28, 2015

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I'm pretty sure the lap time for Criminal Records is about 20 seconds.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I've literally never seen a gun mounted insurgent in any lobby, ever.

Edit: And I think I've seen a Technical once.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Did I just run into a modder? Joined a race where one of the participants drove off when the start counter was on 2. Everyone else still had to wait until it hit Go.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Well, he also seemed to drive unusually fast, and was level 500-something.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Powershift posted:

The savage sucks. you have to aim the front end at whatever you want to shoot, and it doesn't have the power to pull out of a dive, and it can't avoid rockets.

Get the hydra.

Also, this should settle the insurgent vs armored karuma debate once and for all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA3PI250T18

Where's that pipe located? Never seen it in game.

Edit: want to test that out with my Bati.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My daily objectives haven't reset. Is this a regular occurrence?

Yes.

It won't break your chain though.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I seem to have picked up a baseball bat somewhere. Did it follow me back out from a deathmatch? That's the only place I remember seeing one.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just had a half-hour brawl with about 8 people (me + 2 of my friends vs 3 guys from another crew that showed up when we killed one of them vs 2 random people that turned up and shot at anything that moved) in the hills north of the military base involving multiple jets and tanks, tons of explosives, snipers, mountain bikes, Kuruma's, and a dozen different calls for muggers, mercenaries and air strikes.

Hilarious stuff, and totally impromptu. It all started when one of my friends ran over one of the other guys that was trying to get over the fence to the military base, and quickly escalated.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 04:02 on May 3, 2015

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I'm pretty sure you call specific NPC's and request missions from them as well.
In fact, they keep pestering me about it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Ron keeps calling about some sort of air drops, but I've never seen the symbol for it on the map. What's the deal with that?
I'm not talking about the smuggler planes/Helicopters.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Xenaero posted:

??? Do the fair one, it's super easy. 30k like BOOM BABY

It's easy, yeah, but you'll end up with a profit of maybe 10-15k after paying for all ammo spent. I guess you can get a better profit if you run with 4 and spread the burden around a bit.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Nintendo Kid posted:

He's talking about crate drops.

Yeah, I figured that much, but I've never seen one in game. What do you get from them?
The smuggler stuff is completely not worth it, so is this just another freeroam thing I should ignore?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Is the Lectro worth it? Even though it has a unique ability, 750k seems like a pretty steep price for a motorbike.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone with a Hearst around atm? Would love to get my hands on one of those.

Morshu posted:

What the hell is with this armored kuruma that people use? Some dude kept trying to kill me, and after I took him out like 5 times he got one and was literally invincible and just drove around headshotting me with his uzi over and over again while he had about 30 cops and SWAT dudes chasing him. I mag dumped so many bullpup rifle mags into it, including at the little slit in the window, and he took 0 damage and the car wasn't even smoking. Was that dude hacking or is the car just broken? :psyduck:
It's a dumb car, you basically have to blow it up and pay the insurance price.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I'd also like to get my hands on a Hearse, if there's a GTA santa going around.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Lester Shy posted:

Is there any way to get out of Zancudo in a car? I was doing one of the Contact missions that takes you there, and by the time I got in, all of the aircraft had been taken, so I was stuck driving in circles around the base for the rest of the mission. As far as I can tell, the gates will never open up, and I couldn't find a ramp high enough to throw me over the fence.

There is a tilted ramp near the eastern end of the runway you can use to ramp over the fence if you get enough speed.

Edit: What the hell game, you can't insure the Western Daemon?

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 09:13 on May 6, 2015

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
People love ot say "Oh just blow off the doors with a shotgun" or "Shoot between the slips", but it never works.

Just throw a sticky on them and be done with it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

orcane posted:

You're probably doing the wrong missions (or I am?), I've been hit plenty of times and usually lose all my armor in the process of soloing the missions that have dozens of enemies trying to kill the player. And that is with NPCs who don't aim at weak spots.

Obviously you can control it to some extent and stay farther away while not facing in the direction of where random gunfire is going to penetrate the car, but then where's the fun in that (and you can't shoot all enemies from those safer angles). Might as well do the mission in a Buzzard again :haw:

I've literally never seen anyone die(except for once when they drove into a gas pump) in a Kuruma while doing missions, nor do I really ever take damage while cruising in one. Not sure how you manage to "lose armour" while using it.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 13:30 on May 6, 2015

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

orcane posted:

No need to put quotes around it. Armor as in that blue bar that adds as an additional HP bar, you know. As in literally being hit through the car if I charge into enough NPCs/have eg. cops shooting shotguns from the right angles while running roadblocks. It doesn't happen enough to kill me with NPCs, but it's frequent enough I started to notice that some guys always manage to hit me (not hard if there's a bunch of them coming from all directions), and before I noticed a friend who's playing on PS4 was complaining that he almost died in his armored Kuruma too.

It happens, it's more likely if you're soloing because you have enemies up longer. The point was, NPCs manag to hit players by chance, a player who knows what he's doing should be able to do it too.

Ah, my bad. I thought you meant the armour on the car.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

A Lamer posted:

I've tried aiming for the driver, but the widest gap seems to be the one between the two front slits, and even that is kind of dependent upon angle and weapon spread. I admit I've been more prone to try and pull my homing launcher out before attempting to shoot them out, though.

It's kind of academic since some truly heinous villain running script hook dumped 13 million on me while I helplessly rolled around in the endless bags of money, so if it comes down to it I don't really have to sweat the insurance or explosives resupply costs. I was just hoping there was an alternative solution that didn't involve it since a lot of people derive a certain amount of consolation satisfaction with the knowledge that if they don't kill you, they're at least eating into your money. Taking the armor off their armored turd mobile seemed like a really attractive solution, but I guess it isn't really practical until I can more reliably shoot them out of it first. :shrug:

You can only call the mechanic once every 5 minutes, so if you blow them up twice they are mildly inconvenienced.

kaxman posted:

There's a no-cooldown thing in the quick menu that brings your car to you. Is there a cooldown on calling insurance?
Ah, nevermind then. Didn't know there was no cooldown for using that.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 14:02 on May 6, 2015

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Me and a friend have been practicing to do the Fleeca heist Elite challenge consistently, and I have to say the payout is pretty nice. ~240k for about 40min of work(Doing the heist twice).

geeves posted:

send me a friend request. If you're on when I am it takes 2 seconds to stroll over to the cemetery.
Nice, I'll toss you a request as well if you don't mind. Would love to get hold of a Hearst myself.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 6, 2015

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
What is the best, alternatively coolest, sports classic car?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Cheers! I've managed to scrape together a fair slump of money, so I'm looking for some cool cars from each category to fill my garage with.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Steves Asleep posted:

Having either an Impromptu Race or a 1-on-1 Deathmatch as your dailies is the loving worst.

I have a normal Deathmatch as a daily right now, and the last 3 quick job deathmatches have been Team Deathmatches, which doesn't count for some reason.
Life sucks.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Isn't it pretty easy to bring a tank down if you steal a jet from the military base?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It would be cool to ride around on a train with like 10 other players with bounties. Use your imagination.

Me and a couple of friends actually did that yesterday. Got on one of the trains driving around the island, and gave each other max bounties. Only one guy bit unfortunately.

It's surprisingly easy to get on top of the trains in the first place. You can just run up to one of the lower carts and climb on board.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just randomly found a Bagger driving around. That's one of the "rare" vehicles in online, isn't it?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

CJ posted:

Has anyone done any of the elite heist challenges? They seem pretty absurd, like getting from Rashkovsky to the parachute in 4:40. How do you even do that? You'd have to get to the swat van in like 1m30.

Me and a friend are grinding the Fleeca heist elite challenge every day now. It pays pretty well, at about an average of 120k per run, which isn't bad for 20 min of work. You can only do it once a day though.

The restrictions are ridiculously strict, for the Fleeca heist you pretty much have to start from the Alta St apartment, otherwise you'll fail on the time limit.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

geeves posted:

Clock starts when you find Rashkovsky. The Velum needs to land on the road right by the prison. Here's a video walkthrough

Wow, the shooting sections seem ridiculously easier with auto-aim. I'd like to see someone do this on PC.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Alan Smithee posted:

join titan job, put us in the drat ocean. what. the. gently caress.

You start where the host was located when he started the job, sometimes they do that when they're in planes or boats. I know I've started missions which ended putting us high up in the mountains.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Pleads posted:

Tennis AND arm wrestling for today's dailies...

Yeah, no thanks.

Arm Wrestling takes like 30 seconds. For tennis, it doesn't seem like you need to play an entire set, I had it as a daily a couple of days ago, and it registered when the opponent left after 2 games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Fully upgraded Casco is a lot of fun to drive +it looks baller as hell, thanks for the recommendation earlier.

• Locked thread