Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Add this to the OP, please.

http://tinyurl.com/GTA-Online-Car-Mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

MrLonghair posted:

I would like to know what happened and how all the transfer issues were not detected and how failsafes apparently were not implemented.

It's kind of incredible that they managed to do this twice, not having learned from the initial launch of GTA:O—that, admittedly, had eleventy billion people try to join all at once. I doubt XBone/PS4 versions sold more, though.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

If you do the crew challenge but don't beat it, do you actually lose $250k? Are they even available on 360?

Also, how the gently caress do I beat the low flying thing in flight school? That plane turns like a loving container ship.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Feenix posted:

Best activity for leveling?

Best activity for money?

(I'm level 37)

I ask because leaving and joining matches takes like 5 loving minutes.

I've just been doing contact missions. Seems to be the best if you aren't playing with idiots.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

The only RP glitch I recall was on capture the flag where you could pick the case up and hover over the drop zone in a helicopter. I did that a couple times for about an hour and jumped 30 levels. That was quite nice.

I just miss the cash simply so I could afford to buy and sell cars until I found one I really liked.

There was the whole "mess with your network card and edit this one file to give yourself as many levels you want instantly" thing for a while.

Use single-player to try the vehicles first?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Actually the best cars of each category is whichever has the most crazy options for modding. I hope they add proper custom paintjobs sometime after heists, but that is probably not feasible. (And they will gently caress it up somehow and only make it available for the lawnmower or some poo poo.)

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Updated the customization spreadsheet with the new cars.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Icedude posted:

Flight school, down at the airport.

I gave up when I reached the low flying mission, gently caress that poo poo.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Do crew challenges work on last gen yet?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Roobsa posted:

What on earth is poopsocking?

He doesn't know how to use the three sweatsocks.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Hope they keep the snow for at least a few days this year. How about the clothes and cars, will they be gone as well?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

jadeddrifter posted:

Still waiting on a PC release. anybody heard anything?

January 27.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

One thing I want for the PC version is hotkeys for emotes. That would be cool.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Goddamn 360 is dead now. On call for five minutes and nothing.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Is 360 just totally deserted or what? It's been almost impossible to find missions and even races lately and it takes ages.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Pleads posted:

XBL is currently being hit by a DDoS, if you mean really recently. Otherwise, no idea.

Just before my Live ran out, early February. I had no trouble connecting, just a hell of a time actually trying to find anybody to play with and lobbies were less than half full. Might be a problem on my end, I dunno. Just wondering if I should wait for PC or get another month.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Almost glad they delayed PC so some of this might be fixed by then. Then again,

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Krang?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Sire Oblivion posted:

Is there anyway to wear that Astronaut suit you see people have at the studios? I want to be an astronaut all day everyday.

In Director Mode, yes. But you can't wield weapons or drive, IIRC. Turn on low gravity and super jump to get your proper lunar experience.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

titties posted:

Changing your character's appearance is like the very first thing it asks you to do after you transfer.

You also get one for each of your characters. Mine glitched out so I got another try on my main after I hosed up. Pretty satisfied.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The customisation spreadsheet is now up to date. Please let me now if there are any mistakes or anything missing.

:siren: http://tinyurl.com/GTA-Online-Car-Mods :siren:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

geeves posted:

I have it recorded I just need to make time in the editor. But yes explosive. That was big on last-gen consoles to have the ammo from the Lazer shot from a Uzi. Or RPGs from the minigun.

It's the new ScriptHook and Native Trainer with explosive rounds enabled, it's already been modified to work online and of course has no safeguards in place whatsoever.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Man, gently caress Flight School.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Put your landing gear down.

I did. Guess I need to up my flying skill or something.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Agrajag posted:

Anyone looking to trade some race wins for car mod unlocks? I've got a lobby open just give me your id.

PC? Give me 15 minutes. Same name.

Edit: Oops, didn't look at the time.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Apr 26, 2015

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Questions:

- How do I acquire a Western Daemon?
- Can I do the Fleeca finale over and over to earn cash without breaking the "complete heists in order" achievement progression?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Starhawk64 posted:

Anyone want to trade wins with me? Username is same as SA name

Which platform? If it's PC, I'm game. Same name as here.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Sorry to whoever LesterShy is, my connection dropped (again).

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Main:

Alt:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Goddamn, why does turbo have to be so expensive? I just bankrupted myself buying that poo poo.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

rt4 posted:

Does turbo completely eliminate the need for the engine upgrades or are the performance stat bars useless? Turbo on its own seems to max it out for the Sandking.

I believe they go beyond the bars, but don't quote me on that.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I made a modding and Director Mode thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3716767

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Lots of new poo poo on the modding scene. Remember to post your fancypants machinima in the mod thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3716767

Also, what's the status of ReShade/SweetFX in Online? Do they ban for that or was it just the ScriptHook?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

vug posted:

Hey how many outfit presets you fellas got? I'm up to 6 now. Think maybe I need to "look inside myself"

You're a scrub if you haven't filled all the slots and desperately want more, but usually end up just running around in the same outfit anyway.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

How do heists work anyway? I've only played the Fleeca one where Lester fronts the money. Is the host automatically out of all that cash if a pubbie I gently caress up horribly? Or is it just required to start it?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cool beans. I will join them without worry in the future, then.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You're flying an aircraft that demands precision with clumsy digital inputs. Just go drop $30 on a wired xbox360 controller and never fret over it again.

I'm using one and still haven't managed to even silver it. gently caress Flight School.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Alan Smithee posted:

I pretty much brute forced the landing and got lucky, by lucky I mean after 50 tries you are bound to do it right once.

Collect Flags though :suicide:

I haven't reached that yet because I keep wiping out at the wind farm in Low Flying or whatever the gently caress it's called. And yes, I've tried lowering the landing gear.

At least the one in San Andreas was relatively easy once you figured out the trick.

:rant:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

QuantumNinja posted:

I'm looking for a goon to winswap races with this afternoon, for Sports cars. Profile on GTAO.

Added you. Type of car doesn't matter, though, unless they changed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Luna Was Here posted:

also so far the flight school missions are actually fun. it helps that the guy training you is funny to listen to

I'm sorry, but you're now the Thomas Friedman of computer game opinions.

On that note, I just managed to complete Low Flying with SILVER by following the advice someone posted to feather the air brake. It was a zen moment. Of course, it was followed immediately by Collect Flags and gently caress that poo poo. :suicide:

• Locked thread