Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

theCalamity posted:

Just got done watching Furious 7 and the finale is literally a typical session in GTA Online. It was great.

When I got back from the theater yesterday, I decided I couldn't wait the extra two weeks for the PC version and fired up my PS3 for the first time in six months. Heists are cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Whichever one of you is Bloody_Typical, sorry I took so long on the hack and drill for the Fleeca Job! I'm still trying to figure out the right balance between controller and keyboard.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Typical GBS posted:

No worries, First time heisting with a fellow goon and that was much smoother than doing it with the usual crowd.

How did you message me when we were getting the Karuma from the roof to say you didn't get your gun out, the message appeared like a console message on the right of my screen and not on the phone?

:respek: Press T to message everyone, Y for just your team. In a heist it probably doesn't make a difference.

Also, I tried hosting Prison Job with a few goons and it didn't go very well at all. I don't remember your names, but if you tried to hijack the bus ~10 times with an 9F Cabrio and a Sandking today, you were probably with me.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Anyone want to do humane labs tonight around 9 pst? We'll start with the hydra theft, which I tried doing with a couple of goons today but then the pubbie went and crashed his lazer and my game locked up.

Rockstar social club name is wrathcough.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Whoever Korova_Studios and Evil Vin (I think?) are, excellent job making headway on Humane Labs. It's too bad our rotating fourth pubby was always either mentally retarded and drove the Insurgent full throttle into the facility, or taking a nap behind the wheel and forgot to follow us in. Oh, and after one of them quit and kicked us all out, I was booted offline and had a "Rockstar servers are busy, please play single-player and watch Franklin have the same 30-second argument with his girlfriend every time you get booted out again" message. :argh:

EDIT: back online! Name's wrathcough if you want to help us out!

EDIT 2: Thanks to Greenlit and usersa for the help! Let's get the best-dressed stickup crew in Los Santos back together soon. :respek:

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Apr 16, 2015

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Dezztroy posted:

What's the best/coolest motorcycle? I bought the Thrust and while it's red and goes fast, the rider's posture looks kinda weird for a sport bike.

It's a tossup between the Bati 801 and the Akuma. The Bati has a higher top speed, but the Akuma accelerates quicker.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Anyone on PC want to grind out a few rally races in the near future to unlock the metallic car colors? I've been meaning to do this since 2013 but never got around to it.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Songbearer posted:

I made the Kuruma part of the Fleeca heist into a minature action movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItlVIKrnYIE

This owns, make more of these.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

titties posted:

My favorite missions to solo:

A Titan of a Job
Defender
Chopper Tail
Mixed Up With Coke
Rooftop Rumble
Trash Talk

If you have access to a helicopter (particularly a Buzzard or Savage) High Priority Case is a good solo mission too. I've managed to solo the Los Santos Connection, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Also, RE the Prison Job: keep in mind that if the jet can't get a clean shot on the Velum, it will absolutely go after the dude in the Buzzard. And that loving chopper can't evade missiles for poo poo.

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 18, 2015

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Powershift posted:

Our demo guy said this happened to him. it's not hard to keep the jet away from the prison though. the ai behavior is predicable.

Was his name wrathcough? Yeah, that was me. I keep forgetting that my SA name and Social Club name aren't the same anymore.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Once in a while when I fail a heist by getting killed, the camera gets stuck looking at a picture of my face, even when the next try is loaded and--according to the map--I'm fully in control. Is there a fix for that?

This happens to me too and it's super annoying, but I found a fix. If you're fullscreen, alt-tabbing and then going back in should fix it, but if you're windowed/borderless windowed, switch it to something else.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Protip for whoever's flying the plane during prison heist: make sure the prisoner isn't directly underneath the stairs before you lower them. This public service announcement brought to you by wrathcough and usersa.

Also I got booted back to single player right after the finale. I still got paid, but it meant I couldn't see the celebration cutscene afterwards, which is my favorite part of the heist. I just want to hang out and knock back a few imaginary beers with my fellow criminals :(

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Apr 19, 2015

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

geeves posted:

Selling a car, the money goes directly into your bank.

Finishing a heist setup mission now needs to be banked.

Jesus Christ.

As far as I'm aware, literally the only difference is that you can't use your banked money to bet on races, pay hookers, or make it rain at the strip club. I remember that before GTAO was released there was talk of losing all of your cash on hand when you died, but thankfully they didn't go through with that.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

If anyone needs a heist crewmate who can clear rooms like a motherfucking champ, I recommend LLJK's kaosjester (hopefully you read this thread). The two of us must have attempted Series A Coke as the boat team half a dozen times, but every single one of them was stopped by the two retarded pubbies on the helicopter team. It came down to us telling them "YOU ARE LITERALLY MORE USEFUL IF YOU COME NOWHERE NEAR THE YACHT, STAY ON THE HELIPAD FOR AN EASY 20 GRAND" before one of them ragequit.

So, uh, if anyone wants to help us with Series A, let me know.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Slim Killington posted:

Just an FYI, the best way to do that mission is to fly to the beach and get picked up in the boat. gently caress the helicopter.

Yeah, that's the conclusion I'm coming to too. Otherwise, the helicopter has to land on the boat with zero cover or fly around and try to shoot people on the deck, but the gunner has no cover there either and those dudes are crack shots.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

titties posted:

I've experienced this, but I've also had the opposite. The cat shirt is part of my first saved outfit. When I'm scrolling through saved outfits before the start of a heist, every outfit will have the cat face on the front.

This happens to me too, but with the Cerveza Barracho V-neck.

Although honestly my biggest problem is that neckties don't show up in pre-heist cutscenes, so instead of looking fly as hell in my three-piece suit I look like some dweeb who buttons up his shirt all the way to the top. :(

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

geeves posted:

Selling cars goes directly to your bank account.

Heist money is now cash on hand.

Complete reversal of how the consoles handled it.

From a MY IMMERSION standpoint, it kinda makes sense? Selling cars might be a direct deposit thing, whereas your heist money was probably paid in cash. At least you don't have to launder it.

EDIT: Although you are selling cars through what's basically a chop shop, so....

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Does anyone know exactly what counts as "Style and Entertainment" on the stats screen? Hopefully there's something I'm forgetting and I didn't actually spend $712,000 on just clothes. :doh:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

FrancoFish posted:

11 attempts on Prison Break finale has left a very bad taste in my mouth. Super long slog through heavily armored troops with very limited weaponry and ammo? Check. So much police presence as you flee to the airway that you die the second you get out of the swat van? check. Making you start over from the very beginning everytime the prisoner loving eats it because you were too slow recovering from a glitched fall off the ladder? Check.

Way to fool me into thinking I was having fun with the set ups and then yanking the mat from under me, GTA V.

Series A Funding might be the worst overall heist, but Prison Break Finale is for sure the worst individual level. At least the prisoner and guard get to do something exciting for 10-15 minutes at a time before one of the dies; the demolitions and pilot jobs are boring as hell.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

titties posted:

When you get to the airfield, approach from the rear of the plane and park right behind the wing on the opposite side of the plane's stairs. Pilots, open the plane door well before the riot van reaches you so they know which side is which. Let the NPC board first, then everyone else haul rear end to board. Don't stop to shoot the cops, pretend they don't exist.

Also, keep an eye on your health after you've boarded the plane and eat snacks/equip armor as necessary. Personal experience talking. :doh:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Slim Killington posted:

And if you find demo to be boring, you're bad at demo or hate fun. You spend like, half the mission raining steel death down around the ears of your teammates. There shouldn't be a single police helicopter in the sky while the prisoner team moves from the van to the plane.

Yeah, but the other half is driving a really slow and clunky bus, and your options are either taking a really twisty road or driving through the desert and for sure rolling it.

What's also infuriating is that sometimes the prison team goes hot before you're done with the bus part, and yet for some loving reason you have to maintain the facade of driving the bus close to the prison. Why should I even bother at that point?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

i flunked out posted:

I loving love the savage.

That's what I'm currently saving up for. Only $840,000 to go! Next up, the Stinger GT...

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Dandywalken posted:

300k til the Buzzard here! Running the higher-tier missions I can definitely see how it'd be useful. In lower tier stuff it seemed kind of irrelevent or redundant.

The Buzzard is ridiculously useful. Even if it was unarmed, it's still a small, fast chopper that holds 4 people that you can call in on demand. Don't let the copilot take control of the missiles, though, because then they're unguided and super slow.

I bought it back on PS3 when hackers were throwing around hundreds of millions of dollars like candy. I miss that October afternoon I spent buying one high-end apartment after another just to compare the views.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Top Hats Monthly posted:

So what is your favorite car in your garage? I don't think I actually hate any cars

The vehicle I've used most overall is probably a tossup between the Akuma and the Cheetah, but recently I've fallen in love with the JB700. No, the guns don't work, but it has one of the sexier engine noises in the game and drifts like a champ. I don't know why they offer colors besides silver.

Incidentally, does anyone have ideas on how to fill out the rest of my garages? Even after I complete my wishlist I'll still have a few spots left. Contents are listed below, with stuff in parentheses being stuff I don't have yet, but plan on buying once I get the cash together.

Weazel Plaza garage:
Phoenix
9F Cabrio
Coquette
Akuma
Bati 801
Cheetah
Turismo R
JB 700
(Stinger GT)
(Casco)

Exceptionalists Way garage:
Insurgent
Sandking XL
Armored Kuruma
Bifta
Daemon
(Hexer)
(Dubsta 6x6)
(Guardian)

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

So how badly did my game screw up?

I have two garages, one full and one half-full. I picked up a Sabre Turbo and put it in my half-full garage and all ofa sudden there are two in there. They're linked somehow: I went and took one out for a respray and when I brought it back to the garage, its twin was resprayed too. Also there's no option to sell either one.

This would be fine except for in my other garage my Bati 801, which I've had since PS3 days, has completely disappeared. It's not in my garage, not in my mechanic list, and not available at the insurance company.

Are these two things related somehow?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Also, what is it with dudes way over dressing their characters in online? My guy always wears like, a flannel with a tie and some jeans, or a sweatshirt and sweatpants. While it seems like everyone that's not LLJK who is not a comedy character is in a tux or suit.

Guilty, but I'm not going to apologize for looking fly as hell. Out of my 10 saved outfits I think at least 5 of them are some variation of a suit. Off the top of my head:

1. Leather jacket, jeans, fingerless gloves
2. Navy three-piece suit, red stripy tie
3. Grey three-piece suit, navy tie
4. Grey two-piece suit, striped shirt, navy tie
5. Navy suit, silver shirt, no tie
6. Grey suit, charcoal shirt, no tie
7. Tactical sweater, camo pants, gloves, bulletproof vest
8. Grey heist hoodie, balaclava, jeanes, gloves (this one is cool because the hood is raised with certain masks)
9. Yeti T-shirt and jeans
10. Golf outfit! Purple polo, khaki suit pants, brown wingtips.

I think every single outfit listed wears some kind of aviators too. In my defense, the in-game suits looked like poo poo up until the High Life update came out so I might be overcompensating a bit. I wish you could change your shirt color while wearing a three-piece though.

That said, my number 1 request is for proper slim-fitting jeans. A happy medium between the bootcut "regular fit" and the painted-on skinny jeans. Like, if you took the regular suit pants and added jeans textures to them that would be about perfect.

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 27, 2015

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

The outfit quickchange in the character menu is by far one of the best additions to the game. I can go from pretending to be Henry Hill to Neil McCauley to John Wick within seconds, although I'm still working on tricking out a Sabre Turbo for that last one.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Slim Killington posted:

What's up muscle garage buddy :hfive:

Your Phoenix looks sad and pathetic without the Plymouth Superbird wing. :colbert:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

ijyt posted:

Bleh, bought the marina apartment for my classic cars, hoping for a nice view of the water. Nope, no view at all. What a scam.

Also, do you guys have recommendations for (at least) 3 more classic cars to fill out my garage?

The Dewbauchee JB700 is a lot of fun to pretend to be James Bond in. No, the guns don't work, but it's probably one of the best drifting cars in the game.

Also the Lampadati Casco has the best engine report in the entire game, so get one of those too.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Corzaa posted:

Where the hell has all this Voltic love come from? It still flips like gently caress doesn't it?

Back when the game first came out in 2013 people were drooling over the Voltic for a while, until they actually started racing it online. Yeah, it might have the fastest acceleration in the game (maybe beaten by the Akuma), but its top speed is the slowest in its class and because it's electric, it can't get a turbo upgrade. It's also light as hell so it goes flying when it bumps even the slightest obstacle, and the front wheels can get bashed in really easily, keeping you from turning.

That said, it's fun as hell to tool around in. Because it has no gears (the wheels are directly connected to the engine) it can theoretically hit its top speed in reverse and can climb hills like nobody's business.

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Apr 29, 2015

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Contact missions are probably the way to go ever since they readjusted the payouts to scale with time spent. This means you can do a lot of different ones without worrying about time spent vs. money earned, which is what led me to play nothing but Rooftop Rumble for countless hours back on PS3. There's a pretty good variety of them, and a goon posted a few pages ago a list of easy ones to solo (although I think you get a % bonus depending on how many players there are, with more being better).

Don't try to do heists until you're at least level 20 or so. Rockstar should add a way to filter invites by minimum level, but as it is, I kick on sight any non-crewmate lower than level 20.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

What's also annoying is when heist missions put suppressors on poo poo without asking, and then don't take them off when the mission is over.

Also they changed the suppressor on the pump-action shotgun to some tiny rear end baby thing on the PC version. Back on PS3 it was this gigantic thing as long as your arm, and it was glorious.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Slim Killington posted:

Interaction menu, Inventory, Accessories, Auto Show Aircraft Helmet (at the bottom)

Also why do you hate looking awesome

Because it removes my tie even after I get out, which means I look like a dork who buttons his shirt all the way to the neck.

Same thing happens in pre-heist cutscenes too. I can't look dapper 24/7 rockstar pls fix

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

1.25 million total take on Pacific Standard, thanks for the help Powershift86. Turns out that when I lose $10,000 from the money bag by tripping over a root, I can't just reach down and stuff it back into the bag, but whatever. Credit's also due to the two surprisingly competent pubbies who filled out the team.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Powershift posted:

Yeah, that whole thing went pretty smooth, set-ups too.

And then i almost loving nerfed it on the cliffdive :argh:

Yeah that was loving hilarious. When we were all running through the woods to get to the zodiac I was worried we wouldn't make it in time. :ohdear:

NostrilBreaker posted:

No stores in the future take crumpled and mushed up bills anymore. :(

Yeah, the ones with bullet holes in them I understand, but you'd think the ones that just fell in the dirt would be fine. They call it money laundering for a reason, right?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Slim Killington posted:

Alright, I'm looking for 3 people to do the All In Order and Loyalty bonuses with (PC). We'll obviously be starting with Fleeca, and I'm willing to do Prison Break immediately after as soon as tonight. Right now, even. We'll go from there. I have a hosed up schedule tomorrow, and will likely only be able to complete a single one either early in the morning or after 7 PM CST. Then we'd have to get the last two done in the middle of the week, whenever we were all available. I don't mind waiting and not doing other heists, you probably should not join if you do.

Since I don't care about trying for Criminal Mastermind this time, it really doesn't matter what your heist expertise is. Though I would ideally prefer a few people who have run through every heist a few times and have it down, just in the interest of getting through them quickly.

I'm down. Hit up wrathcough on the Social Club.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Powershift posted:

Ok, do we want to plan for 7 PM CST/8pm EST/5pm pacific tomorrow night start?

That ought to work. We have to split into two teams of two to do Fleeca, right?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

geeves posted:

I just use my Mac and iPhone headphones so mumble would be preferred for me.

OK, looks like I have a little under an hour to install and figure out Mumble then. Let's all try to get on a private server before we get going, it seems that invites are a lot more consistent that way.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Powershift posted:

Pass is crew tag
Right click your name at the top and hit register then join gta and one of us will start a room

Whoever is hosting the heist should start the invite only lobby and invite us

Thanks, just got it working!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, very well done guys. Up next: criminal mastermind. :getin:

• Locked thread