Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

RosaParksOfDip posted:

There's no real point to getting it on steam. Just link it as a non-steam game and you get access to all the steam functionality.

Did you get that working? Mine just runs the launcher then exits without loading the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Is there any way to filter what sessions you get into via quick job? I don't have much luck getting anyone to join my races, but I really would like to play a race without catchup enabled at some point during my life time.

Rockstar really didn't think through this online thing so it's missing a ton of basic multiplayer functionality.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011
Ugh I hosed up so hard on the bank heist finale. All in the boat with 900k, I skid out on one of the banks, get too much air and land on the other shoreline just a bit too far from the river. We all started kicking the boat to get it back in the river and it catches fire, blowing me up.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

Powershift posted:

I keep getting messages popping up that rockstar's poo poo is broken as gently caress or something of that nature.

Anybody else getting this?

Yeah, can't get online.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011
Anyone got that list of good missions you can do solo?

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

Is there a way to fix races with a friend? 50 wins is a lot to fully upgrade my motorcycles and there's hardly any races done on 360.

Trade wins in Criminal Records around the prison for 30 second laps? You don't even have to trade wins if your friend's feeling generous. It can get tedious but grinding stats usually is.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Is it possible to play with goons without joining the goon crew? I'm in a small 3-person crew with my real-life buds so I don't want to abandon them, but they have very little interest in heisting and I'm getting incredibly sick of trying to heist with pubs.

You can join multiple crews and switch at will.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011
Sorry to whoever got stuck with the pubbie on that van setup for the pacific heist. I bluescreened and had to restart.

Honestly, we probably shouldn't have let the level 7 pubbie be navigator/play with us anyways.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

Powershift posted:

You got extremely lucky having competent people on your prison break heist. Even in the event that the plane doesn't get swarmed by SUVs while you're loading up the prisoner, half of the pubbies out there don't understand what "Behind the jet" means, refuse to go near the prison with the heli, and run in with their level 9 skills and no armor to take out the whole noose team solo without cover. Sometimes you get really lucky, but it only takes 1 complete moron to gently caress it up and drive the competent people away.

Had some level 90 guy yelling at me for using the heli to help out at the prison and not shooting down the jet the level 20 pub was busy following. He might've got that way with bad pubs getting the Velum blown up but I'd just rather think he was dumb.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

RVT posted:

I heard missions are the best for cash and levels. But when I go to online, it says I have no unlocked missions yet. I'm level 15 and my level 29 buddy has the same issue. What do we have to do to unlock missions?

You get little notifications about your GPS map from people like Lamar, Lester, Martin, and Simeon periodically. Just accept those when you get em and you should have that mission unlocked to play again. I don't even think you have to finish them but I'm not 100% on that. I think you get more by leveling up.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

UserErr0r posted:

If you plant sticky bombs, then go into passive mode, can you detonate the sticky bombs while in passive mode, and would they do damage to other players?

Some pubbie with a bounty was hiding in a tank in a parking garage, spamming the only two paths to get to him. So I put 5 stick bombs on my bike, went into passive mode, parked right next to him, deactivated passive mode, and as soon as I regained use of my weapons, I exploded both of us.

No weapon are usable while in passive mode.

You can have a non passive buddy stick sticky bombs on your car before you go passive though. Your friend can then either wait in a safe location for your go or bail before setting it off since you can't use any weapons while inside a passive player's car. No damage to you, 5 stickies worth of damage to whoever else you're phasing through. Bonus, your friend eats the insurance cost if it's a personal vehicle and not pegasus.

Dirty trick but some people deserve it.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

Starhawk64 posted:

With the rampant hacking going on and hackers giving people free money, now might be a good time to invest in Adders so you have some hard assets in case Cockstar decides to take hacked money away when the new update drops.

Do you get all your money back if you sell them or is it halved like other stuff?

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

theguybro posted:

I'll be back in a little, R* broke uninsuring cars but apparently you can still take some vehicles into LSC and insure them yourself after making an exact copy of another players car. It keeps all mods that player had on car too.

I'm now the owner of a glitched out purple hearse that doesn't really exist and is parked all up down the middle of my garage. Had a friend come and check it out and he couldn't see anything but me falling through the map while I was in the car. I sold the original hearse and bought new garages to try and shuffle things around to see if it would reset anything, but no luck.

It's nowhere near gamebreaking but mildly annoying since it's in all my garages. So be careful with that because I have no idea how it happened since other people seemed to be able to do it just fine.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

hagie posted:

Yea, then 3 of those insurgents attempting to climb on the train.

What is it with this group and the train?

The train also only had one open car we could jump onto. The other train right behind had like five.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011
Hey how do I fix this topless Casco glitch? I've tried buying another one and it was topless as well.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

Mice Everywhere posted:

You can add/remove tops in LSC now.

E: Or maybe not with the Casco, I don't know.

Googled around for recent posts, first one and only one I looked at said it seemed to be introduced with the latest patch. I asked my friend who bought a hardtop casco before the patch to buy another one and it was topless as well.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

How big a return do you get when selling bought cars? I need to clear out some poo poo.

60%

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

GOD IS BED posted:

God drat, how do I not have a hardtop Casco? I've bought and sold this car maybe 8 times trying to get a hardtop version, but it continues to give me the convertible. Am I missing something?

Also, thanks to stopitb for the cash to afford this car 8 times.

It might be a glitch with this patch. Well, I'm sure it's a glitch because I don't think it's supposed to be topless. It doesn't look quite finished without the top unlike other topless option cars. My friend bought one before the patch with a top and every one we've tried buying after has had no top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

A LOVELY LAD posted:

Passive mode?

They'd probably just switch to shooting the clerk to gently caress with you then.

At least, I think that works? It does for Ammunation.

• Locked thread