Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Nintendo Kid posted:

Like I said, doing missions without quitting out early gives you "good sport" credit, and once you've done that enough it's nearly impossible to drain all that out to go to bad sport.

I get the 2k good sport reward constantly, despite having no qualms about killing others and blowing up their cars.

The best ones is when I get a $2k bonus right after blowing up a couple of other players cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Jose Mengelez posted:

i mean you could always get a modder to increase your rank and dump a few million on you.

How do you get someone to increase your rank? I only found a guy to bukkake money on me.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Is there any way to see if it's a crew member that sends you invites without being in the same session?

Dunno-Lars fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Aug 4, 2015

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

can someone explain the persistence of weapons for me?

I bought the g36 and sometimes after missions it changes into a galil (i cant remember what the in game names are)

also i had a stock pistol but now apparently I have a combat pistol when I never bought any?

also for some reason I have mini uzi or a shotgun sometimes, neither of which I bought?

do guns you pick up stay with you for a certain amount of time regardless of dying?

As titties said, weapons you pick up sticks for that session. Sometimes you get to keep them over several sessions, but restarting the game should wipe them. But it can't quite make up it's mind about it. I got to keep some weapons I picked up during a survival until I quit the game yesterday, just couldn't buy more ammo for the RPG or minigun. I also have all the melee weapons after a hacker gave me all guns, even the ones you pay for. The only melee weapon I have paid for is the hatchet, the rest is from "who-knows".

One weapon I really wish would stick is the stun gun. There is a really really good reason that gun is not in GTA Online. You can stunlock anyone, it reloads faster then the stunned-on-the-ground animation. If you get into a session with a hacker (there usually is one even if they are not obvious), try asking for all weapons.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

The cops is what is making me considering using hacks, just for the never wanted option.

Rockstar, please make the "Cops turn a blind eye" last longer and no cooldown. Maybe let you choose for how long, with the cost scaling up? 5000 for 3 minutes, 25000 for 15 minutes, 100000 for an hour? And stop giving me stars when the cops are chasing someone else and bump into me.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

UserErr0r posted:

When people are banned in GTA5, does it ban their social club account from launching GTA5, lock you out of the GTA Online portion of the game, or dump you into a cheaters-only free roam?

You get an error message when trying to go online, that's all.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Montalvo posted:

What are some good tips for doing better in races? My record is abysmal.

Don't crash, racing lines and that jazz. In general, try not to be in the crowd of dumbwits that is going to crash everyone. Use normal brakes the last second, instead of handbrake. Either make sure custom vehicles is off, or trade races until you get all the performance upgrades, so you at least start out equal. Entity FX is still good, despite the newer more expensive cars.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

coupedeville posted:

PC goonsquad rankings for September 5th
the top 40 goons have earned over 90 million under the LLJK banner with a total of 519 days of play-time (or 12,458 hours)

What is that score thing? RP or cash? Or something else?

Also, how do you get "crew experience" ?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Aardmania posted:

Awfully nice flying weather tonight, wasn't it?

The "knock off 3-4 tires off a Kuruma, open a door and spin around" bug?

Did it yesterday with a friend, it's hilarious.

In short, use a tank and drive over the wheels on an armoured Kuruma until the wheels come off. Do not drive over the area people sit in, as that blows up the car. Keep trying, the wheels do come off.
Get minimum three of them off, then you can spin around in some hilarious circles, as if you were on ice. To launch yourself, keep one of the doors open, and start spinning, and you will be thrown around. Spin around means accelerate, brake and turn either way.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Sober posted:

Forgot to mention, PC. Playing just normally right now.

I've hit rank 11 now. Seems a little better if I queue specifically for races or deathmatch or something. Otherwise not really. I guess sometimes I just get random blind invites cause I got some rank 45 story missions out of the blue and no one decided to kick me from those (they seem really straightforward anyway).

So what exactly do low level people do anyway? Just queue random stuff and just do whatever I guess? I also assume all the DLC weapons are worth picking up as I can get them whenever, right?

If you want to, add me: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/dunno1987

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Wee Bairns posted:

Next time I'll know where to properly be hovering to get better camera angles in the editor.

Use this while messing in the editor: http://openiv.com/?p=1160

Remember to remove all mods and scripthooks before you go online.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I don't take "this game sucks" rants seriously from people who have played a game for hundreds of hours and obviously enjoyed themselves. The main reason I quit is because literally every single person I met in the game was driving a stupid Armored Kuruma, and I loving haaaaate those stupid cars... does everyone still drive them? Would anyone like to be friends with me and play this game with the pledge of never using an Armored Kuruma unless forced to?

I never drive mine, and I only drive my Insurgent if I'm trying to ram peoples cars into weird shapes... If that helps.

Much more fun to drive some random 10k shitheap from a website, that is modded with 400k of mods or something.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

UserErr0r posted:

I can't wait to play this Halloween update in 2 weeks.

Are they Steam or R*SC copies, or a combination of both?

If they're both Steam copies, just switch Steam accounts and hope for the best.
If they're R*SC copies, I don't know how that works, but I guess switch accounts when you run the launcher.
If they're a combination, you'll probably have to redownload the entire game :( The exe files for both versions have different authentication methods (the Steam one has to communicate with the Steam servers). (This is an assumption, I don't have access to the R*SC GTA5 files to compare hashes)
I have no idea if the PC version comes in any other formats.

All the multi gigabyte files are interchangeable between steam and rsc, including the updates folder. Saves you 58 GB or so. Start the download on either client, stop it, copy all files over 50MB, restart downloader and it should figure it out.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

UserErr0r posted:

They should be identical, but there's no guarantee. Would need to compare hashes (which steam will do, if you copy the files over, then tell it to validate game files). But if it misses something, who knows if the game will accuse you of modding your files and ban you. It's rockstar...
But my point of having to redownload the game is that you'll have two 65gb install folders. Even 1 instance of 65gb being used is a lot for a game (30-40gb seems to be common).

I'm kind of curious... if you have a Steam copy of gta5, can you use the regular R*SC downloader to download and run the game, or will it require that you use Steam? If Rockstar does future updates on Steam maintenance days, it would be nice to avoid the Steam authentication handshake headache that occurred with the lowrider update.

I copied the .rpf files from my Steam install to my RSC install when I installed it. Checked that the files were there, downloaded the rest, and my RSC install was ready in 5 minutes (+ copying nearly 60 GB of files). Steam install is my main game, the RSC install was for my extra lend-out account, that I used hacks to max out stats and unlocks, cause friends need toys to play with when the borrow the account, and gently caress grinding that twice.

Funny enough, when Rockstar did the banwave in August, that account got hit (of course). They took all the money, but they didn't reset any stats or unlocks. Which was pretty nice of them actually.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

Can hackers just full on crash your game now? I've had three separate occasions where I've pissed a hacker off, and then had a hard crash following being ejected from my vehicle.

Should I just download hacks and preemptively crash other hackers games in self defense? Or is there another way that the game can actually be enjoyable again?

They have always been able to crash you, mainly by spawning clones or something. And do not join them, you will either get banned yourself or become one of them. Play in invite only sessions and invite all the LLJK you can muster, stay in the mumble, avoid pubbie lobbies, add all the fun players to your friend list, take care of those precious few good guys.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

DarkMalfunction posted:

Thanks to whoever it was in LLJK that gave me 10 mil for a Hydra, Buzzard, a few cars and some cash left over for the next update, I owe you one.

Much fun was had last night spawning vehicles randomly and gravity-gunning people + cars across the entire map.

You know that is illegal and you should buy your money legit with shark cards, like our dear Dr. Tim. Or as he likes to call it, doing missions and heists.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Hemish posted:

Both Titan of a Job and Rooftop Rumble are not too hard to solo as a level 55 (to give you an idea of the guns I have access to)?

With the special carbine, proximity mines and homing launcher all at level 1, it really doesn't matter weapon wise. What matters is the amount of extra armor you can bring with you.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Can you store your Pegasus helicopters on your yacht?

No.

The expensive yacht get the new carbon fibre helicopter on the back helipad, and nothing on the front. If you call your captain and have him deliver a helicopter, he will deliver the one on your boat.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Had a fun session just now until some modder crashed me.

First everyone got invincible tanks, which caused some mayhem.

Then everyone got invincible Lazer jets, which was hilarious. The dog fights were great. Rockstar should just add mod menus into the game as default, it makes online much funnier.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Jose Mengelez posted:

is this that 'cognitive dissonance' thing people with plaid shirts keep talking about in starbucks?

Remove the "crash other players" part, add the fun part, mods are good?

Seems like their anti-cheat is malfunctioning, this will be a fun Christmas for many with time-limited exclusives.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

fishmech posted:

No, but sometimes they display all hosed up

They only go down for real if rockstar is punishing you for some sort of hacking or exploit that also raised them

No, they don't.

My extra account that I let friends borrow was boosted to rank 100, everything unlocked, maxed stats and added a lot of money. Two week ban during the banwave in August, left 20k cash and that was it. Rank, unlocks and stats were left.
They really just care about the money by now.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

titties posted:

A little over an hour if everyone has their poo poo together

You can do Pacific Standard in well under an hour if one of you use a mod menu. God mode, never wanted and teleport to mission objective/marker makes it very very very fast.

In unrelated news, seems like both my accounts got hit. Lender account got a month, giving it away to the dude that used it the most once the ban is over, no point getting it permabanned. Main account got a two weeker, fair enough. Had spent all the money anyway, just curious what is left of my garage. If they don't touch it, I have a couple of million in modded Moonbeams.

For other modders, lending account straight up spawned bags of money.

Main account spawned vehicles for the lobby, god mode during heist, never wanted, spawned moonbeams to replace in garage while in private session and gave all weapons to goons. Both were auto-banned, but not while in a session.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

frenton posted:

We're on PS4 so no mod menu for us. Also, I've posted about this before but I'll never really get why people do this anyway. The reason I like playing GTA is so I can drive around and shoot guns and blow poo poo up and whatnot. I had a friend with a modded PS3 that would do this for us, teleport us to and from objectives, make us invincible etc and it was loving mind-numbingly boring. If you have mod menus just drop yourself a bunch of money, buy the things you want, then actually use them. Why bother even loving around with the missions and heists if you don't have fun actually doing them? It blows my mind how many people get upset about the grindiness of the game, then do the most boring grindiest poo poo instead of actually playing.

The heist stuff was helping some goons with a quick heist. Straight up dropping money is the fastest way to get banned, which is why I did the moonbeam thing. Turns out they got that as well. I don't use mods/hacks during missions, as you said, that is boring. Never wanted make lobbies much better though, since I won't get the cops all over me for every little thing I do.
Spawning invincible tanks or jets for everyone in a lobby is very fun, turning the city into a warzone. And as long as everyone get one, I think it's all good. The goons on mumble at the time seemed to enjoy it...

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Anime_Otaku posted:

Thanks for the advice so far, got to say I am probably already inclined to go for the car even though I misread and it's actually 375k as I'm satisfied with the helicopter and watercraft my current yacht (the middle one) has and the upgrade doesn't seem to add anything but a small change in layout to the ship itself although I did forget an option, becoming a VIP, I heard it can be turned off with a 12 hour wait to restart it, does it cost another million dollars to do? I'm guessing it's a decent money spinner if your team are competent.

Vip does not cost a million, you have to have a million to become one. Some abilities cost money to use, like spawning in some cars. It also only last four hours, not sure if cooldown happens if it runs out, but there is a twelve hour cooldown if you resign.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

wjs5 posted:

The fact that they apparently dont have any loving admins that can play in games to watch for the script kiddies to ban them blows my mind.

There are apparently two Rockstar dev spots in every session after one of the updates. So they can actually watch.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

SevenSocks posted:

I'm certain this is a thing, but can someone with more experience tell me what I'm looking at here beyond Turret?

It's in the back of a truck during a single player mission. You shoot down a plane for Maddrasso or something. Damage it as Michael, then chase it as Trevor. You get banned from the city after the mission.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Croccers posted:

Did anyone ever hack in the Railgun from SP into Online?

Everyone with a mod menu that give all weapons.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

My PC locked up completely while playing GTA and now I have the same problems I had a while ago where it asks me to accept the EULA every time I try to log into Online. I made a post on Rockstar support previously and they answered it just fine, but now I can't find it and apparently it's not attached to my account anymore, so I can't even find it that way? How the hell do I find it, or do I need to ask them the same question again?

Ask the same, they prune old posts pretty fast.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Marzzle posted:

Does anyone feel like helping me get a Roosevelt while I am computer less for the coming week? I can't abide another year without one and I won't be at a computer until February 17 or 18. I'm pretty sure the Valentine's Day stuff will only last on the 14-15th but correct me if I am wrong

Do you have the game on Steam or through Rockstar launcher? I can help if it's the Rockstar, but I won't do the steam one...

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Deadly Mongoose posted:

About drat time rockstar:

For what?

Can someone come on mumble right about now? I am lonely, and the single LLJK dude online refuse to answer me.

Taking a break, noone came online :(

Dunno-Lars fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Mar 3, 2016

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Psion posted:

That's a pretty strong argument, that's for sure.

Speaking of making poor life choices, should I buy a Kraken? Can I effectively use this to troll anyone, have fun, or otherwise make it worth spending fake GTABux I don't care about?

after I pick up a Voltic for my Supers garage I still have a lot of money and I'm out of supers to buy so :shrug:

You can troll pubbies once in a million. The "hold the briefcase" free roam event has to be active, you need to grab the briefcase, get to the sub and dive deep enough for rockets not to hit you. How often would that happen to you?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Crindee posted:

Just started this and so far my favorite activity has been doing repo missions with pubbies and riding shotgun so I can watch them joyride for ten minutes unsuccessfully trying to lose the cops

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714380

Or at least

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/dunno1987

Add me, especially if you are playing right now.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Medullah posted:

Look at these SWTOR thread refugees playing GTA now.

I was here before I was in the SWTOR thread, just to let you know mister.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Or let them see you hit the water (either driving off a cliff or diving out of an aircraft) and sit there with 15 rebreathers equipped.

I know, I do that all the time. He asked for a use for the sub though, and I can't think of any other use. Guess you could dive to crush depth and die in it?

Had a great fight with a very salty pubbie that ended with me swimming to the bottom of the lake north of Sandy shore, he got sick of waiting and swam down to me, and I stabbed him to death.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

So a thing for the superior PC crowd: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3661105&pagenumber=66#post457971660

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Hugh Malone posted:

That's pretty cool, I didn't know you could use race modifiers on PC to make 15 million dollars every two minutes.

Rumour is that you can use cheat engine yes.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

All I've heard was that R* managed to patch out the $15 mil impromptu race payout people were doing with CE.

Which put an end to my donation service. Blame Rockstar for that one.

Managed to give out a lot of cash though, and I still have some for myself.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

woodch posted:

Well, it turns out I adjusted my auto-talk settings to something that appears to work fine, so we'll give that a go for now.

Had a blast with some goons tonight doing random Sumo things, so I'm really looking forward to more adventures. I still haven't successfully done any heists yet, so that's on my to-do list for whomever feels like carrying a level 18 noob. :)

Get the special carbine (on the right wall) and a micro SMG, and you are set for heists. If you want to be a bit more helpful, get a homing launcher with ammo, but only use it if asked to, since it's 1k a shot and you probably missed out on the good times with hacker money. Use cover and be careful because of your lower health and armor, and you can do just as well as anyone else in heists despite your low level.

If you are not in the goon crew, get in: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3661105&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

itsjustdrew posted:

but... how?

Impromptu racing before they fixed it, 15 m per race. That was a fun evening.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

That must have taken a lot of time to grind Coupe... When will you be running for leader of LLJK, aka President?

I missed out on the halloween bike, or is it still for sale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Is it a legit ban or a new exploit to get others banned?

Did the "hackers can get you banned" thing turn out to be true?

• Locked thread