Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
How do I rank up/get money fast? I wasn't around to glitch :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
If you're down for a heist, come to Gang 1 in Mumble right now

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

TONIGHT: 8 or 9 PM CST

The great police chase.

Premise: Goons, get together on mumble. We will coordinate a five star police chase and see if we can make it all the way through the state following the highway (no copping out such as driving on the railway). We can kick it off with a gas station robbery or some such. We'll need

2xArmored Kuruma's
2xPickups (Sadler, Guardian, etc)
2xVans

These vehicles I feel best maximize our potential to totally make it around the state. The ending would be flying off at Los Santos international in a Titan. I think this would be a lot of fun and different from the norm of heists!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I can bring a guardian for a truck. Insurgents/Technicals would be very appreciated.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

If we could get someone in a jet or hydra to bust roadblocks that would be cool, and good.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

So: 9PM CST, hour and a half-two hours for me at least. We go from the city of Los Santos, wrap around the coast, stop in Paleto Bay and hold off the cops, cruise down to Grapeseed or the Alamo Sea and regroup, then have a finale as we board our planes at LSIA and fly off into the sunset. Sounds good?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Slim Killington posted:

Where exactly in the city do you wanna meet up, and how are we getting the full wanted level?

As judgement hour approaches I'll iron that out. What do you guys think for starters? And it's very easy to get a full wanted level.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I've gotten five stars multiple times :v:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

If you're interested in the great police chase, feel free to start congregating in mumble gang 5

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

First impressions: explosions, 24/7 robberies!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Akion posted:

Group selfie before the mayhem.

I repeat like 8 times "I'm on the gun, can you see me from that angle"

:reject:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

So here's what happened during the great highway run. The first try failed because we weren't correctly assembled.

We started the battle on the tarmac of the LSIA, and sped out the gates. We hit the highway and looped through the city to reach the outer coastal highway. We ran on the coast for a while before the gunner and back seat passenger were shot and killed at a police roadblock. These two caught up in a tricked out Sabre as the two insurgents began to rob a 24/7, starting a gun battle and waiting for people to arrive. The Sabre team smashed the brakes and entered the insurgents. The insurgents continued around the coast, facing multiple problems during the approach of Paleto Bay where another player was shot and killed by a police helicopter. They then tailed the convoy in a sports car. After mowing through car upon car, the team needed to regroup, on the Great Ocean Highway they went down a frontage road and robbed a liquor store, while the men in the armed insurgent held off approximately ~10-12 police cars. After the take was secured, the team had to blow through the husks of multiple police cars. As we approached the airport resistance became light. The original escape plan for the cargobob's picking up the insurgents failed, and the insurgents were abandoned for getting in a cargobob. SpaceTexas and TopHatsMonthly abandoned the vehicle and took a private jet, landing in Sandy Shores, one of the Cargobobs crashed after repeated police gunfire, killing multiple crew members. All in all, the police cars destroyed count was over 300 at least, we had about 10 crew member fatalities, two personal vehicles lost, a helicopter lost, and police casualties probably over 1000. It was a good day!

Vehicles utilized
2x Insurgent (1 Armed, 1 transport)
1x Ruiner
1x Guardian
2x Turbo Sabre
1x Savage
2x Cargobob
1x Shamal

Vehicles destroyed:
1x Ruiner
1x Turbo Sabre
1x Cargobob

Nothing quite beat the roadblocks getting busted by a savage ahead of time while we got the stragglers and helicopters with a 50 cal

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 22, 2015

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Akion posted:

Also worth noting that my Savage probably would have survived the entire ordeal, but on one of my strafing runs an explosion launched a police car about 50 feet in the air, directly into my flight path.

I forgot about this, that was amazing.
"Oh noooo :("

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Thank you to the goons who did some chin checkin with me last night

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I'd like to run a test variant of the great police chase, this time, the escape is coordinated differently.

3x Insurgents (I can provide 1)
1x Savage/Fully loaded Valkyrie/Hydra/Jet
2x Dodo's

Hypothetically, if we run all armed, the 3 insurgents could carry the entire team, easily. The Savage or Valkyrie can do gun runs+rescue people, and the Dodos can carry 6 (Pilot, 3 passengers, 2 people holding on the pylons), so 12 with 2 Dodos, and those can land anywhere! I'm probably not trying it tonight but hey. Or just 1 Learjet. :v:

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 23, 2015

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Party Plane Jones posted:

Short of you getting trapped accidentally the Insurgent can't be stopped by conventional police so there's not really a problem there.

Part of the fun is abandoning your cocoon and making a mad dash for the sprint while some dudes try and cover your approach. Also the gunners can and will be killed if enough police pile up, along with people in the truck bed+running boards.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Akion posted:

When is this going down? I'll happily provide the Savage. I'm working towards a Valkyrie and/or Hydra, just not sure the timeline on when I'll get it.

I'm thinking same starting point (LSIA) and end at one of the docks or beaches near Paleto Bay or do we want to shoot for some crazy extraction at the Port? Maybe the canals in Vespucci?

We really ought to get a WEZL crew to cover this poo poo. Especially with the video creator thing.

I wanna watch a hockey game on Friday, and I'm not convinced I should spend another day sitting on my rear end and do something today. So really, whenever we can probably assemble the biggest crew. I might have to be called in to work Saturday so :v: If WEZL does cover this thing they're going to have to pick a vehicle that won't get obliterated by overzealous 50's, or won't get shot down by an A2A missile. So maybe something extremely obvious like another insurgent?

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 23, 2015

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Hey, got a few people contacting me on steam saying they want to do it tonight because they have lives (nerds), so Friday and Saturday may not work as well. So 8 or 9 PM CST, main GTA V mumble room, I'll organize. Let's see if we can get a few WEZL members here.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Two insurgents vs a heavily armed military base: Insurgents win

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Two insurgents with .50's mounted can hold the military base. I had one more freeroam event idea.

Loaded titan, loaded insurgents, enter the military base, a few people take planes and provide ground cover, hold Fort Zancudo :getin:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Two jets, a helicopter, two insurgents, a Karuma. Fully loaded. A push to the coast to escape. :getin:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Powershift posted:

the speedometer in the zentorn only hits 120, but the top speed record in the stats records 160. i don't think the speedometers match actual speed, or are even comparable car to car.

This has bothered me more and more the more I notice it. Come on R* >: (

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

So what is your favorite car in your garage? I don't think I actually hate any cars

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Apr 26, 2015

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

The insurgent+jets convoy last night gave me some major Black Hawk Down vibes. If I could somehow put the BHD soundtrack over the roadblock getting busted by 50 cal fire and jets...

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Anybody want to do another air supported convoy today? Two insurgents and a jet? I'd be willing to provide an insurgent or a Hydra!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Rate my garage:

Duneloader
Voltic
Ruiner
Dominator
Guardian
Sandking XL
Stanier
Sabre Turbo
Sanchez

I have space for 1 more, what do you guys suggest?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Also, what is it with dudes way over dressing their characters in online? My guy always wears like, a flannel with a tie and some jeans, or a sweatshirt and sweatpants. While it seems like everyone that's not LLJK who is not a comedy character is in a tux or suit.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

T1g4h posted:

My guy has a purple suit, purple top hat, purple bowtie, and purple tinted glasses. Gotta stay classy.

That's a comedy outfit though :v:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Why not just make the armored kuruma a pegasus vehicle?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Rancher XL is a very solid car, and cheap, pick it up!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Apparently people who have gotten glitched money are being banned

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Our little experiment with one guy and a bounty lead to a massive melee around the skyscraper complexes

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I bumped the back of my hearse tonight, and I noticed a casket in the back. Then I felt kinda bad that someone can't bury a body because grandpa got lost :smith:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

What goon was flying around in a hydra a few minutes ago

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

9:00 CST:

Goon Army! We need people with Insurgents, Hydras, etc.

We're going to be running around the state wreaking havoc!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I need money god dammit :(

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

It looks like they went all out to prevent money cheating, but invincibility etc. is still kosher.

:doh:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Anyone have the picture of the cars parked infront of the gold luxor?

theguybro posted:

Not home so posting from phone but yeah they added a whole bunch of protections, not a whole lot to the basic "boring cheat" stuff but to the more "fun stuff". as you guys like to call it. I kept finding so many non unique patterns, its a pain in the rear end.. gonna continue when I get back.

Find a way to bring money cheating back and you'll be a king. Other BS...not so much :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

theguybro I was gonna see if I could join your fun session then you went offline right as my idiotic heist crew (me included) finished the mission ahhhhhhhhhh :suicide:

• Locked thread