Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Okay, so I need to do all the heists on my alt and I might as well kill two birds with one stone and go for the loyalty challenge. Any takers? I'm thinking about doing this at around 6PM EST today or tomorrow.

Scorched Spitz fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jul 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Okay, premium races make me salty as gently caress and I'd like that eight minutes of my life back.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

CascadeBeta posted:

So what's the benefit to doing a premium stunt race anyway? Is the reward for first place all the money that was paid to enter? That's the only thing that makes any sense to me.

Nope! $60k disappears into the ether.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Yes, as my constant bitching about it in Mumble will attest.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Of course the R34's a Benny's upgrade to the Elegy I sold over the weekend. :saddowns:

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Cage posted:

Also Turismo and Infernus Classic. Nice.

I hope it means San Andreas Infernus (NSX) or Vice City Infernus (Countach) and not GTA3 Infernus (Some weird Jaguar hybrid)

edit: I think it is because the release says "first made its appearance on the streets of Liberty City in GTAIII."

It's gonna be the Countach, guaranteed. If they were ever gonna put in a 90s NSX, they'd just do it as a Benny's upgrade for the Jester like what they did with the Elegy and my dumb rear end would still fork over a million funbux for it. I'm wondering what exactly the Turismo Classic's supposed to be, however. The one from IV, San Andreas or is it actually supposed to be the old Cheetah?

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Cage posted:

On that note, are there any current gtav cars not based on something real? Not counting special vehicles.

Well, there isn't a coupe variant of the Fisker Karma, but no one owns a Khamelion so who gives a drat.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
How the hell are two cars from the 90s in the Sports Classics class?

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

At $12k and $15k respectively, the Akuma and Bati are really hard to beat as recommendations. The new bikes that cost 100x more are a little faster, but they're not a lot faster. The Bati can also usually win wheelie and stoppie challenges.

I respectfully but forcefully dispute that last claim. The Bati ain't poo poo compared to the vanilla Hakuchou when it comes to wheelies and stoppies. I will loving destroy anybody that thinks they can bring that cheap-rear end, basegame horseshit to one of those challenges.

...Look, it's the one thing in the game I'm decent at, lemme have it.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Eh, they just weren't the same since Ray left.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

How many Los Santos Fun Bucks can $180 buy you? Of course this implies hackers are only doing it for the money rather than to teleport around with god mode and throw hydras at people, but it seems Rockstar only really cares about people fudging their bank accounts.
13 and a quarter million not including taxes, but I think he's talking about the rubes who made the unwise decision of triple-dipping, like me.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Good, because I still don't know how I wound up with that Irish Marshall.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Nah, it's a personal vehicle, so you're free to paint it hot pink with canary-yellow dollar rims if you want.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Psion posted:

at least the Skyline is really fun to drive. And you bet I mocked it up to look just like the 2F2F one, just like everyone else :v:

As if I'm like one of you sheeple who mindlessly follow the herd. I'm a maverick, I modeled it after the one from the first movie.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Okay, how the hell do you guys have such great luck getting hacker cash? I've been lobby-hopping all day and the only one I've run into didn't do poo poo aside from boost my level by three.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
I don't even say anything, I have honestly never encountered any benevolent or even halfway fun hacker out in the wild. It's literally bargain-bin griefers doing the exact same poo poo as the average pubbie, only they're invincible.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Anybody else running into a bug where even after assigning and upgrading your bunker's staff, both the manufacturing and research bars refuse to make any progress, leaving the supplies unused and thus making it impossible to do any further supply runs? Because that's happening to me and it's really making me regret dropping five million on this update.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Powershift posted:

Bad investments
the bunker if you don't have $5m to spend on poo poo.

I spent that five million and it still feels like a waste. :suicide:

Are those RP servers worth screwing around in?

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
The Savage is slow, lumbering and made of paper-mache. It isn't worth a tenth of what it's going for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

a bone to pick posted:

For pacific standard heist on PS4, is the best way to pass it still jacking the NOOSE van after you get the bikes?

That means fighting your way through a bunch of NOOSE to even get to the bikes.

• Locked thread