Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

geeves posted:

Other cars you can sell every 48 minutes at LSC:
  • Lampadati Felon GT - $9500
  • Gallivanter Baller - $9000
  • Lampadati Felon - $9000
  • Ocelot F620 - $8000
  • Ubermacht Oracle - $8000
  • Ubermacht Sentinel XS - $8000
  • Benefactor Schwartzer - $8000
  • Albany Cavalcade - $7000
  • Benefactor Dubsta - $7000
  • Ubermacht Zion Cabria - $6500
  • Ocelot Jackal - $6000
  • Landstalker - $5800
  • Mammoth Patriot - $5000
  • Dundreary Landstalker - $5000
  • Mammoth Patriot - $5000
  • Fantom FG - $5000
  • Monster Truck - $4500
  • Cheval Surge - $3800
  • Schyster Fusillade - $3600
  • Dundrey Granger - $3500
  • Vapid Dominator - $3500
  • Bravado Buffalo - $3500
  • Vapid Radius - $3200
  • Bravado Gauntlet - $3100
  • Canis Seminole - $3000
  • Declasse Tornado - $3000
  • Bravado Gresley - $2900
  • Karin Asterope - $2500
  • Western Daemon - $2500
  • Maibatsu Penumbra - $2400
  • Imponte Phoenix - $2000
  • Weeny Issi - $1800
  • Albany Washington - $1500
  • Sabre Turbo - $1500
  • Zirconium Stratum - $1000
  • Albany Emperor - $800
  • Cheval Picador - $500
  • Sanchez - $200

I should point out that the sentinel convertible sells for 9.5k, and there are also gang variants of the Peyote, ragtop Tornado and Buccaneer which sell for 12,940 , 12,575 and 9,750 respectively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

im pooping! posted:

Yes and it's a shame because spoilers are stupid and gay.

It's kind of a double edged sword because on one hand they make some cars feel a lot better in the corners, but they also look like trash on a lot of cars.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Psion posted:

It used to be some missions were really good $/RP per minute and hence, favorite grind targets. I'm really tired of Mixed up with coke, not coincidentally. A few patches ago Rockstar made it so that time spent on the mission matters a lot more than the specific mission itself - you can get $10k payouts from Simeon instead of his old, terrible $750 payouts. It really means playing any mission you want is profitable.

if I remember right the best way to maximize your cash and RP is to run on hard difficulty, in free-aim, and with 4+ players, missions that only accept 1-2 people excluded.

It should be noted that even after all this, Rooftop Rumble is probably still the most efficient mission for grinding.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

The stats say the new racecars are faster than their standard counterparts. I'll wait for the community to test if that's actually true though.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Quick throwing grenades is really handy, but I hope pubbies never figure it out so we don't end up with COD levels of nade spam

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

PSN is back up, but I cant get on GTA Online, cant even use the stock market in single player

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Hustling people who are trying to do the betting glitch is fun and profitable. Don't know why people do it in public lobbies.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Croccers posted:

Betting glitch?

http://www.reddit.com/r/gtaglitches...t_money_glitch/

since everyone bets so much on themselves, you get good odds and a decent payout only betting a few grand on yourself. You don't get as much money as you would actually doing the glitch I don't think, but you can't put a price on seeing a streak of "-$10000" on the results screen coupled with pubbie rage.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

favorite pass time now is to go into passive mode and follow people around in a car while leaning on the highest pitch horn

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Quasipox posted:

Oddly enough we also got one outside of an LSC randomly; don't know what that's about.

Different custom vehicles sometimes spawn outside mod shops now. I've so far seen sabres and a rat loader. The dubstas are still by far the most valuable though.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

The Massacro Racecar (or the normal version, there's only a minor difference) is best for tracks with a lot of straights, the Elegy is best for really technical tracks (which pubbies avoid like the plague) and the Jester Racecar is somewhere in between. The Zentorno is pretty much the flat out best at everything in its class.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

me your dad posted:

What's the difference between the types of Massacro? I accidentally bought the non-racecar version. It's fully modded so I'm not taking the money hit by selling it. I'm just curious.

The racecar version has slightly better traction and stiffer suspension. It would rarely make a difference even in a high level race, but I like it because it makes the car feel a bit more responsive.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Slim Killington posted:

I do think you have to be a transfer character to buy one, but they're supposed to spawn in traffic (though rarely).

They're considered "premium" vehicles though and can't be stored if stolen off the streets.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

fyodor posted:

jesus loving christ what modded vehicles spawn for last-gen consoles?

every time i go to find one it's current-gen only.

Watch out for gang cars in Families, Ballas and Vagos turf.
http://imgur.com/a/K2eca
Look for the soft top tornado and peyote which give a payout of over 12k

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

SisterFister posted:

Passed or got gold on all of them? You have to be at least decent for gold.

I golded all of them and I can't fly for poo poo. It was mostly a matter of a ton of trial and error for me.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Surely this means heists are coming tomorrow, right guys, right?

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

omg chael crash posted:

Any idea of the top of your head which races I can set to Utility? Doesn't seem to be all of them

You can only race them on player created races, I think. Check the verified jobs; i know for a fact los santos inner gp is one of them

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

omg chael crash posted:

This really makes me wonder how much heists will pay out. What do you kids guess?

The host sets the cut each player gets, and they'll usually give themselves a bigger cut because they have to pay out of pocket for heist setup fees and they don't get paid for the set up missions. So it's looking like 100-200k for half an hour to an hour's worth of work, which is about what you can make grinding missions right now.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Craptacular posted:

More game modes are coming next week in addition to instead of heists.

But in seriousness, I'm more excited about the changes to free roam than the heists, since free roam's potential is sorely wasted on being a place to buy ammo and troll white/red dots.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

If you don't have to go out of your way to get to one, depositing your money via atm is slightly faster. Gotta use all those optimizations you can when poopsocking your way to get enough cash to mod out a single car

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

well, apparently stuff from the update is already leaking

Kuruma looks nice enough I guess, but you can pry my Sultan from my cold dead hands.

Also, it's apparently a 4.8 gig download.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

More leaked images

Savage:

Guardian:

Enduro:

Casco:

Lost and Damned style Slamvan:

The Warstock purchasable vehicles:

Heist awards shirts:

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

also gang burrito with different livery:

and audio files:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvwz0Ab1nIo

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

According to one of the leakers, we'll finally be able to get chrome rims!

You just have to grind incessantly to get them:

quote:

Complete The Big Time platinum Award to gain access to the High End Chrome Rims for free.~n~Complete 50 Heist Finales.
Complete the Captured platinum Award to gain access to the Sport Chrome Rims for free.~n~Win 50 Captures.
Complete The Postman platinum Award to gain access to the Lowrider Chrome Rims for free.~n~Drop off 100 packages in Captures.
Complete the Be Prepared platinum Award to gain access to the Tuner Chrome Rims for free.~n~Complete 50 Heist Setups.
Complete the Still Standing platinum Award to gain access to the SUV Chrome Rims for free.~n~Win 50 LTS matches.
Complete the One and Only platinum Award to gain access to the Muscle Chrome Rims for free.~n~Be the last player alive in an LTS 50 times.
Complete the Lights Out platinum Award to gain access to the Bike Chrome Rims for free.~n~Get 100 kills while wearing Night Vision.
Complete the No You Don't platinum Award to gain access to the Offroad Chrome Rims for free.~n~Kill 100 package carriers in Captures.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, my download got stuck on 4.17 gb, so i paused it for a few minutes and when i came back and unpaused it, my download of all of a sudden read "9 hours remaining". So primo job rockstar or sony or whomever's fault this is.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Has anyone figured out how to get the 30 custom plates out of the ifruit app? i can still only pick my original plate, no option to make a new one. I know consistency and stability are the last thing to expect from rockstar, especially when it comes to ifruit, especially on a day like today, but someone has to have figured it out right?

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Slim Killington posted:

Rebel glitch has been hotfixed, but there's another workaround that nets a slightly lower $28k now.

Now you go to Wheels, SUV, Chrome, and buy the Sunrise for around $8k.
Then change to Offroad, Chrome, and change to whatever the free set is now.

Lame, but better than nothing if you need money quick.

I like that these glitches are all made possible by the fact that Rockstar decided to price gouge the gently caress out of players on chrome rimes. I'm gonna laugh if they just end up accepting defeat and lowering the price on all chrome rim sets.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

The armed insurgent is great, with two players its got the most pubbie smashing power of any vehicle since the days before the tank got totally neutered.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Songbearer posted:

It's supposed to fix the parallax issue with some textures such as beards that the previous update broke.

It hasn't though. It seems to have fixed vehicle deformation and that's it.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

my new dog posted:

Nooooo i just transferred my dude from ps3 to 4 and all my cars are gone

if you send a ticket to rockstar, they might reimburse you like 500k. might.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

Well on the bright side, apparently this doesn't break your streak for the bonuses for 7 days in a row or 28 days in a row.

It did for me when it only stopped updating for a day

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Everyone knows the official gooncar has been the Sultan for a good year and a half now

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

The Osiris is for sure the new king of the supers. It's got the power of the Turismo, the traction of the Entity and the doors of a billionaire. The Stirling GT is an above average sports car masquerading as a sports classic, nothing else even competes.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Maytag posted:

Did I miss in the update where it said dropping weapons permanently removes them now?

It always has, with the exception of the default pistol that will always respawn in your inventory when you boot up the game

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

I was hoping we'd get the Deluxo back in part 2. That's all I've ever really wanted.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

300k just to unlock the ability to put mods on my car? Man, I'd have rather they just went the GTA 4 route and charged us 15-20 bucks each for a few big expansions, rather than having them applying as much pressure as they could to get people to buy funbux.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Just a heads up, Rockstar has apparently implemented a system for tracking duped cars:
https://twitter.com/RockstarFunz/st...862641914789888

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Hobo Clown posted:

Well if anyone would know, it would be random Twitter user "RockstarFunz"

He was one of the people who found the data about the lowrider update and the halloween update, so stake that how you will

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Spookdate just went live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Yerok posted:

Is there a way to find someone's steam ID if I know their RGSC ID so I can VAC report them?

Should captured a video/screenshot of them. Then send it to Rockstar's banhammer email address. Thats how you properly snitch.

• Locked thread
«2 »