Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Just started playing this with a friend. I'm noticing something weird though, I'm consistently getting less RP than he is. We're friends, we're in the same crew, and getting the same cash. Even in the missions where I'm doing the heavy lifting and have better more kills as well as hauling the mcguffin around I still get less.

Hell, when I do missions with randoms I'm getting less RP than the crewless afks that pop up.

Did I mess something up somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Have you already done these missions? You get less RP when you redo them. But sometimes this bugs out and you don't get the bonus RP for doing it the first time.

They're on missions we've both done before.

It's like a consistent 300-400 lower.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

geeves posted:

Are you guys roughly Same ranks?

I'm a little higher.

But I've still noticed the rp gain discrepancy when in missions with randoms (they aren't in the same crew)

I've seen other forum posts about it too.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Kly posted:

Are you playing on a controller using autoaim and they arent? I think you get less RP using autoaim.

I thought about that, but he's using a controller too.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

T1g4h posted:

I know people despise the Armored Kuruma, but after seeing Mad Max: Fury Road, I really wish they'd add more awesome armored up cars to Online. I'd love to roll around in an armor plated muscle car on offroad tires :allears:

Hell, add the ability to pimp out big rigs.

Have war-rigs and cobbled together armored vehicles in a fight racing around the freeway as a deathmatch type gamemode

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Sire Oblivion posted:

Isn't this going to be the new Mad Max game coming out in September?

Yeah, single player open world, IIRC.

On a separate note, is there a way to delete contacts? I got all the stripper's numbers assuming there would be an award for it (there isn't) and now my phone is packed with useless contacts.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Harmburger posted:

There's actually a pretty reliable way of taking out an Insurgent in one go. Being that it takes about 5 stickies, and you can have five active stickies, just take some inspiration from terrorists: Suicide bomb. Take any car, though preferably fast, throw five stickies on the front. Drive into the insurgent and detonate. It's probably pubbies missing/shooting for my face and not the car, but I've never been blown up on the way in. They're always super pissed on how I did it so quickly.

My favorite way is to drag them into the water with a cargobob.

It's too heavy to gain altitude, but it can drag it well.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I borderline despise hackers that are just 'huehue I troll u", doing poo poo like deleting weapons and freezing.

I already run into a hacker almost every time I boot the game up and they're annoying as hell. Giving one a pass because he's a goon and only does it to goons "on accident" and relentlessly to others does not sound like a fun person to play with.

Rockstar doesn't seem to give a poo poo about banning hackers anyway, so whatever, I guess.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Mr Scumbag posted:

Man, why do so many of you guys get shot with moneybags and all I ever get from hackers is rocket uzis and constant murder while in passive mode?

I'd kill for a few money bags.

A hacker dumped 14 mil on me the other night.

Scrounging for money was getting annoying, being that I couldn't find a half-competent heist crew. So I'm happy as hell.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Harmburger posted:

Armored cars used to be online on 360 at least. But now that you mention it, I don't think I've seen any online on PC.

I have ~190 hours into GTA online.

I've seen 3.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

TheDarkFlame posted:

People love to gently caress with high priority vehicles. Camping the vehicle, loading it with stickies or mines, stealing it just to joyride it down a mountain and into the ocean, chase it down in a jet, whatever. The best one I had was when I had almost got it to storage and then someone crashed a loving plane into me.

I inadvertently gently caress with it.

Whenever I free roam I put out proximity mines:
-Simeon's garage
-airport ramp
-downtown mod shop
-Eclipse towers
-La Puerta helipad

Then I just go wherever, seeing people rage at me and trying to hunt me down after dying at the airport when I'm in Paleto Bay is hilarious.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

CitrusFrog posted:

Awesome, thanks for clearing that up.

Keep in mind someone may blow it up, but if they do they pay the insurance.

Moral of the story is always have insurance on any cars you actually care about.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Trying to complete Prison Break with pubbies is something I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

It's not because it's too overpowered, it's because it's only obtainable in Online through glitches and hacking.

I think he meant in terms of "why would they allow the Kuruma and Insurgent, but not have the DoD"

Which, makes sense to me. I mean, they had everything done for the DoD, as it was in the base game. Why spend time and resources making the armored Kuruma when they could simply "unlock" the DoD in online.

I know it has more mass or something, as it can plow away buses without much issues, but tweaking a few values would have to be easier then designing a new car.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

Because they were expressly created as parts and rewards for heists, and slapped with hefty price tags. Also doesn't the Duke o Death only seat 2?

I mean you can't easily use the Blimp in online either.

The Duke o Death does only seat 2.

And the heist that the kuruma was used in was only for 2 people.

Hefty price tag means nothing, they could have slapped the DoD with the same price tag.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I never buy bicycles. I just go steal one from a member of the Ballas.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

I like 3 Alta Street, Apartment. 10 and 3 Alta Street, Apartment. 57. Almost the cheapest apartments that can still be used for heists, and they're right smack dab in the center of LS by the unfinished skyscraper and light rail stop, which means easy escapes from the cops.

That and it's close to the La Puerta helipad, not too far from an Ammunation, and the Eastern Mod Shop is easy to get to.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Main thing I like about either Alta apartment is that you can see the garage entrance from your window so you know if someone's camping it.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Aardmania posted:

Oh look, t-shirts will be falling from the skies this weekend.

I'm not too crazy about the designs, but the crates will attract pubbies to my well placed proxy mines.

A T-shirt for a female that's not some terrible v neck? I'm sold.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm in the same boat.

I like messing around in free roam more than playing the same cookie-cutter missions over and over again.

I've never liked grinding, it's why I don't really get into MMO's

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

theguybro posted:

See? And R* charges crazy amounts for the fun stuff. Like the new "golden painted jet" will run you $100bux + some more, if you bought it with real money, or a year to grind out heists. What are you playing on anyways? Console or PC?

Did servers just go down? Everyone on my friendslist is suddenly offline.

I'm on PC, I've yet to play with goons. I just play with my roommate most of the time.

A hacker dropped like 12 mil on me and I've been coasting on that and got some fun stuff. I'm starting to run low on funds. Blowing up Kurumas adds up after a while.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

theguybro posted:

Well poo poo, don't blow up Osiris then, it'll run you 24k each time!

Yeah, the price of blowing up pubbies now has made me want to look into actually making money.

So far I've been jacking them when possible and pushing them into the ocean so they have to pay for it and not me.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

What's the deal with the special crates? I've played a total 6 hours, all in freemode, today and I've seen a single crate when got into the session once, someone else got it.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

geeves posted:

During events, They are supposed to drop every 48 minutes in a session and usually carry a different item each day resetting at like 12am est. the shirts from Christmas time we're all ones with logos etc. from radio stations in previous releases along with some others that were previously released.

Collecting your first special crate also unlocks the Los Santos Belle shirt.

I know they have special stuff in them, and I know about the achievement, but I'm wondering about the spawning.

Because apparently just being in a public lobby isn't enough.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Aardmania posted:

If you really want a crate, just keep switching lobbies until you get to one that says a special crate drop will occur in 10 hours when you join.

I've been in a few of those, waited the 10 hours, then nothing dropped.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Rattlehead posted:

I was able to grab a special crate, and everything unlocked, but I cannot purchase/equip the "Los Santos Belle" t-shirt. When I log in, it shows the popup that says it's unlocked, but when I try and purchase it, it says it's locked at Rank 1. I am Rank 45. I've tried restarting the game, but nothing changed. I submitted a ticket with R*, I guess I'll just have to wait and see what they say. There are a couple posts on their forums where others are having the same issue.

Same is happening to me.

I'm also getting constant popups about the Los Santos Belle shirt getting unlocked, as well as "4 new clothing items"

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Mindbomber posted:

So is the body armor listed in the "explosive armory completion bonus" just some free $500 kevlar or is it some cool looking battle armor clothing?

Mine was just the normal $500 kevlar.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm still mad that I can't save a golf cart in my garage.

I fail to see how it would be game-breaking to let a person drive a golf cart around, but whatever.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I can easily ignore the constant invites.

The "tips" that pop up saying "HEY PLAY ADVERSARY MODE" get pretty annoying that block me from doing contextual stuff are making me want to frisbee my keyboard.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

So if you buy a new property and trade in an old one, what happens to the cars in said old property's garage?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Mokbek posted:

If I remember correctly, vehicles delivered by Pegasus will remain in-world for 10 minutes if you are not using them or until they get destroyed. Whichever comes first, really.

So long as someone doesn't RPG your dump truck or steals it for a while you will be able to keep it indefinitely.

I'm not sure about that, I've had Pegasus reclaim my Hydra as I was flying it (only for a couple minutes to boot)

I lost all control of the Hydra and got pancaked on the side of a building.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The Innovation isn't terrible.

But then again, you have to actually buy one and devote the garage space to something that is strictly worse than something like an Akuma.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Anime_Otaku posted:

If you want a military aircraft, unless you're at the point Annihilators start spawning at helipads then you really need to have the "cops turns blind eye" ability from Lester to get out of the base safely, actually getting to the runway is pretty hard too but you pretty much will get shot down if you make it.

-ramp in via the gravel road + hill from the north with most cars (kuruma works best for obvious reasons)
-go straight to the first enclosed hangar
-get in jet
-full power, take off quickly

It's never failed me. I find staying low and maintaining speed instead of climbing helps to prevent locks from NPC jets.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm a rock fan (mostly classic and stuff like White Stripes, Queens of the Stone age, etc...) and I find the radio stations lacking.

The classic station is good but the DJ is annoying as hell. VBR is fantastic though.

To me it feels like most of the stations are either rap, hip hop, or in spanish.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Must be a confirmation bias why it feels like a lot of rap to me. It seems like whenever I get in a vehicle it's on rap.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

UserErr0r posted:

Are there any huge shallow bodies of water? Idea: submarine bumperboats/tag (2 hours of setup for 30 seconds of fun)

How deep is the dam reservoir? I've never taken any watercraft into it.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Don't offroad tires cut your top speed or something?

It sure seemed like they did when I first tried putting them on my Sultan.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

With how Rockstar thinks cars are supposed to handle with rain (like glare ice with zero traction). I'm terrified of how the driving mechanics would be with snow.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Akion posted:

Use an insurgent to push their vehicle into the ocean.

That's weak, the true way is to Cargobob it into the ocean, giving it some good backspin off the launch too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

Oh, but you can do that already! Just go into single player, shuffle your weapons around to what you want them to be, make a quicksave, then load up online. Simple!

Where's that Rockstar emoticon

I recently did a reinstall due to a hardware upgrade.

I lost my single-player save so that is in no way an option. I'm sure there are others in the same boat.

• Locked thread