Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Airlifting players’ cars from the impound with a Cargobob is actually not a thing? drat it R*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

orcane posted:

It's too bad the times of excessive glitching are over. Making bajillions by driving dead people into your garage was so much fun.

I'm sure the PC version will revive this.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Scyron posted:

A real pro glitched the money to own all of the super cars, because he was upset at the freemium economy and felt entitled to the money, as well as justified since no other cheaters got punished.

The story of my GTAO life.

Mad that I didn't glitch more or get billionaire'd.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Are Heists good? Need to know whether there's something to look forward to other than the tsunami of exploits that'll come with the PC version.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Two weeks until MTN CRW gets to play on the platform it was made for.

:derp:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Reverse Centaur posted:

You could play it on Xbox 360 years ago bro

I don't know who you are but you're on my shitlist. :colbert:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Does anyone remember how to do the helmet+mask glitch? I was rocking a white helmet with pig mask on the PS3 but I don't remember how to do it.

Also did the transfer reset character appeareance? I kind of clicked through it and my character looks nothing like I remember. Can I change the appearance or am I poo poo out of luck?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Policenaut posted:

I wanna say they fixed the helmet+mask glitch.

drat, should have made it a feature instead.

geeves posted:

At first it should give a close approximation of what your character looked like. And you definitely can change it when you import your character and your ALT. I don't know about changing it after that, however. After I switched from 360-> PS4 I only had the one opportunity at import to change appearance.

It gave me a second chance the second time I went into Online, so thankfully I got my pretty boy back.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Anyone know where the PC version mugshots are saved?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

It's empty, and then also crashes my game 50% of the time. Maybe bugged then.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Also it should probably be noted that once every 365 days you can change your R*S nickname.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

So my vehicles got deleted in the transfer even though I made sure to login to GTAO on my PS3 first.

I thought, no biggy I'll just get screenshots of them on my PS3 and they'll be restored. Nope, gone there too.

At least my helmet combo didn't get reset (old snap).

e: vvv Did it just now, I was trying to get the screenshots for the ticket.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 19, 2015

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

So there's a loving bug that if you put on body armour, it gives you a pony tail.

But you can't go to the barber to change it back because the game thinks you still have the original haircut!

2 years, nice.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Oh man, destroying someone's vehicle makes you a "bad sport"? When did GTA get so carebear.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

So what's the fastest way to gain RP? I wasn't able to get in on the RP crazy early in the PS3 launch and I'm wondering how people have 200+ RP.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

so, it's possible to use cheatengine to edit your RP and $ values.

In online.

Lol.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Also, anyone that actually used the cheatengine method, be ready for a ban or probably a reset if they're feeling lenient, that poo poo is going to be easy to detect.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Anyone up for some jobs on PC? I want to get my RP up. Won't be on the mic because I have a hell of a cough and sore throat.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

geeves posted:

What time? I just have dinner then I'm free. Probably 7ish. EST

Actually heading off soon, it's near midnight in the UK and I need to be up early.

That said, if anyone is doing Blow Up 2 for RP in a tank, I'd love to tag along! I want to get to the fun stuff but I'm still only level 36. I managed to miss all the fun money/RP glitches in 2013 despite playing at the time.

Nuebot posted:

Yeah, it's so weird like that. The game frowns on random chaos, it'll shove you in open worlds with crew and friends when possible. But actually doing any kind of mission or job with friends and crews? A nightmare. Even when you finish something, half the time you wind up getting split up and tossed god knows where. The fact that you can't really control Job Invites doesn't help either. You think they'd have let you limit it to like, friends only or crew only so you don't have to deal with the constant beeping job spam.

The weirdest thing is when we're doing a private mission without a full team and once the mission is over, a random pubbie is the host.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Yo, who wants to Blow Up 2 some cars in a tank, and get me some sweet, sweet, RP in the process?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Does anyone else have an issue with the crew t-shirt changing to white after logging out?

I've got that poo poo under a jacket and it keeps changing.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ijyt posted:

Yo, who wants to Blow Up 2 some cars in a tank, and get me some sweet, sweet, RP in the process?

Giving this another shot, because I'm lazy and want to outsource.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Powershift posted:

what platform? i'll do whatever

powershift86

Whoops, PC.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Powershift posted:

yup, that's me! i'm in

Rad! I'm SAijyt on SC.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I think powershift might have gotten one of the best selfies I've seen.

Also best goon.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Powershift posted:

i'll post em up in a bit. i'm gonna help astro with this heist.

i got those fuckers good and ganked. The bounty helped hide my tank symbol, when they came after me, booooom. then a firefight ensued, then they ran like girls.

I was watching from the map as I was trying to remember the way to suicide. Once you left most of the map was after them.

Thanks for the Blow Up II, freeroam was too fun for me to start more missions.

I'll get those recordings edited up tomorrow.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

FallinInTheBlak posted:

:siren::siren:Important Crew Information!!!

Due to the number of people wanting to be in LLJK I'm afraid that a rule is going to have to be set that you're required to set LLJK as your active crew to show that you want to have fun, otherwise you will be removed to make way for people who want to be doing fun things with lots of goons. The only exception to this rule is being in WEZL for its gimmick.

I'm sure this won't be the case for much longer as given a month or so the number of requests per day will drop, but for now this is something that needs to happen.

I'm not going to start kicking people immediately that are in different crews as I'm going to give everybody a bit of time to read this thread and catch up.

The time of judgement will come tomorrow at 12pm GMT

Make a holding crew so that people waiting for the main crew can at least crew up together, maybe?

Also what about people (like me) that switch between friend crews, other forum crews and LLJK?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I'm confused. Have you people never played an online game before this one?

Of course pubbies are shitlords. You have only yourself to blame.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TheDarkFlame posted:

I've not been playing nearly as much as I did, so, if you need to make room, feel free to remove me. FlamingDarkness. I mean, I'd love to join in with whatever events and craziness PS3 players might get up to, but between my recently aquired full-time job (no more cross-Atlantic all nighters), my PS3 starting to die of old age and abuse, and the sheer lack of PS3 players, I don't see that happening much.

My PS3 stopped wanting to read disks, and I can't afford to get it fixed right now, so it's an arduous pain in the balls just trying to get going in any game. It takes a few dozen attempts before it'll actually attempt to load the game, and if the console locks or restarts or some other dumb thing happens (GTA does dumb things with some regularity) then I'm back to playing disc tray roulette for another twenty minutes or more. I'm sure once I save up enough to get this thing fixed, or move onto proper gaming PC stuff, I'll be back with it. And even then, whenever I play again, I'll be happy to roll under Mountain Crew, represent WEZL News, or go back to my old PUGZ tag.

Yeah, there's not been any kicks from MTNC or WEZL so there might still be people hanging around on the old consoles.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

I figured it out

:jihad:

Clipping be damned, they need to make it a normal feature of the game, poo poo looks great.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Music Theory posted:

Chalk it up to Rockstar not knowing how to program the game to keep track of who the aggressor is. (Or being bad at design choices? Who knows, they are the same people who decided that cash in hand was an important thing to put in the game.)

Mostly the second thing but really both. Also I think I just fixed the problem.

• Player A kills Player B.
  • Once respawned, a ~5 minute grace period starts.
  • During the 5 minutes, Player B can retaliate against Player A with no bad sport/insurance fee.
  • If Player B kills player A in the 5 minute period, the grace period ends.
  • Player A cannot retaliate Player B's retaliation, and does not get a grace period.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

How many races does it take to unlock everything available from races?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I dress like one of the bikers from Take On Me.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Skwee posted:

If I have a car set to crew emblem and stuff, does it save it as using the crew I was in at the time of making it, or would it change depending on which I have active? Kinda hoping it doesn't change depending on what I have active.

Changes depending on the active crew, which sucks donkey dick.

If it at least had to the deceny to change the colour.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

If my Kuruma isn't showing up in the Mechanic menu, is it gone for good?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

Did ya call Mors Mutual to see if it just needed to be returned after destruction?

Haha, whoops. Thanks for reminding me.

Also, do custom races count towards the boost start colour unlocks?

Aurain posted:

Once you have a Buzzard and know the mission flow, farming Martin's "Extradition" mission is a pretty decent way to get some chunks of cash.

Going out of your way to destroy the fighter jets gives you something to do and adds a minute or two onto your mission timer, so you'll be getting around $16,000 per clear and you're pretty much always doing something instead of waiting around for time to pass to push your cash up.

I think doing Blow Up II with a tank nets you 19k after about 8-9 minutes/160 kills.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Aurain posted:

That's also a pretty sweet return too. I mean, of course, you can just afk and get good money on anything, but I think the bigger point is to have a good time while doing it.

Downside is you need a tank and be rank 70 I guess, though if there's any wallbreaches that's an option.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

Did ya call Mors Mutual to see if it just needed to be returned after destruction?

Nope, turns out it's totally gone. Gutted.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

CJ posted:

Ticket it and if it was due to a bug they will give you some cash to replace it.

I literally just got ticketed money from cars I lost during the transfer, so I'll just use that. v:v:v

Luckily I hadn't gotten around to modding it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Bleh, bought the marina apartment for my classic cars, hoping for a nice view of the water. Nope, no view at all. What a scam.

Also, do you guys have recommendations for (at least) 3 more classic cars to fill out my garage?

• Locked thread