Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

santanotreal posted:

Now all the city needs is flares.

You can buy a flare gun now. Have fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
What's so important about the WEZL vans?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Just out of curiosity, are there any other aussies playing? I joined LLJK, and I don't have a headset but I should by tomorrow (I have a turtle beach chat headset for my Xbox 360, and if I understand it right I should be able to use it on my PS4 controller with their official 2.5-3.5 adapter cable rather than having to fork out $30 for the PS4 version.). Before anyone mentions the Sony Gold headset, I'm not a fan of the big head-encompasing headsets. It's just a personal thing, because I find them uncomfortable. The TB one I get by with because its pretty light.

Oh, my PSN ID is ThatAussieGuy88

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Whoever Jokerfish is, cheers for the heist run earlier this afternoon. The Fleeca Bank never knew what hit them. Also paper bag masks are the best :allears:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I had fun racing with you John_Wayne_Tasty. Though you'd think the host would've wised up and disabled Custom Cars after the first few races when you just blitzed us all with your big-rear end supercar.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

a cop posted:

Are the heists good? Can anyone link a good heist vid?

Yes, heists are good. The first one is a really simple two-man bank job, plus it doesn't cost you the $40,000 setup fee the others do. Different people do different roles (there's another bank job where two guys stay back as crowd control while the other two open the vault), and it's made up of several setup missions before the actual heist just like the story ones.

Powershift posted:

He made me buy a sadler after he destroyed everybody in a utility race with it.

he's in a truck, everybody else is rocking buggies.

The trick is to bet $10k on him every race.

It's loving annoying, you end up getting funneled into rooms that run supercars every god drat race.

One of the races we got into was a six-man air race in fighter jets. I knew I had no chance of winning against him, but I'm just sad I didn't get close enough to draw a lock with missiles. Incidentally none of the pubbies seemed bright enough to figure missile out because I tagged others with impunity but never caught a lock myself.

He also burned me out of the sky two seconds in with the machineguns :gibs:.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Mar 19, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Powershift posted:

Being a cop, you probably wouldn't enjoy them. they're more of a criminal thing.

Oh poo poo, i didn't notice his username. Did I just narc on our operations? I didn't mean to snitch guys, I swear :ohdear:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Powershift posted:

When the alternative is pubbies living and enjoying themselves, it's a small sacrifice.

I saw a pubbie flying about happily in a jet overhead today. I had a homing launcher. I feel I did the right thing.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Oh god, I just had Vice City flashbacks :ohdear:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Duke Chin posted:

Regular Insurgent or Unleaded Insurgent?

Regular, so you can fill other people with lead :v:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Wound up on the Trash Collection mission through a random invite, and good god it's awful.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Slim Killington posted:

Hey I've been through flight school, I don't know what your excuse is doolie

God help me, I've gotten Gold on half those tests and I'm gonna Gold the rest :shepicide:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BitBasher posted:

All golds man. :cool:

Took a several hours though.

I missed Gold on the Parachute jump by an infinitesimal fraction (seriously it was like .01 from a Gold) after several attempts at it. I was not happy :shepface:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

omg chael crash posted:

Gold on everything but the helicopter truck landing. I just can't even, man

The Devil himself will sing songs of awed horror about the day I meet the man who thought that challenge up :shepface:.

Seriously, gently caress the bastard who thought including the turn was a good idea, even the San Andreas version didn't pull that dick move.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Guy with a bounty on his head sped on past me thinking he'd made a getaway. Buddy didn't bet on a Homing Missile chasing his rear end down. :unsmigghh:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm online now (PS4) as ThatAussieGuy88 if anyone wants to do Heists or whatever.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I'm, God willing, about to finish the prison break with pubbies :') They're not all bad you guys..

Edit: I take it back, the prisoner left lmao

The setup mission involving getting a cop car just to get into the station is a chore though. I was doing it last night and the cops just would not piss off while we were trying to get away with the car.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ElwoodCuse posted:

I've only completed through Prison Break but honestly my real problem with pubbies is "why won't anyone join" rather than "how are you so stupid"

I had someone determined to stop and grab a car on the Pacific Job Heist. He also grabbed the shittiest sedan possible :cripes:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

cheesetriangles posted:

Can you not the skip the cutscenes when you host for the first time? I've seen them all as a crew and it won't let me skip them.

Nope, because they're technically separate cutscenes.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Raymond Hog posted:

this game is broken on 360, like 4 separate heist missions ive played where its literally impossible to lose the cops. i mean i was in a plane for like 20 minutes trying to lose the heat but i was always at full alert. gently caress this

It's a bug. Just land/stop and get out of your vehicle for a moment.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pleads posted:

Keep in mind you'll end up with 2 lovely daily objectives that suck and take a lot of time and you'll say gently caress it and miss them and reset your progress.

Find some daily buddies and help each other out, you can do basically everything (in an absolute fraction of the time vs trying to join public poo poo) with 2 people.

Also be aware that the average pubbie is even dumber than you think they'll be.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Powershift posted:

happened to me moving from 360 to PS4, but i hadn't played online on 360 in a really long time.

I hadn't played since 2013 either and when I transferred from 360 to PS4 all my stuff came across just fine.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
What's the uniform that has the paper bag masks? I've only ever seen it available once when I was doing the Fleeca Bank job.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

A c E posted:

I burn through flare gun ammo so fast. Best addition to the game and trying to use it for kills on missions is great fun.

I'm getting better at hitting motorcycles with them:
http://i.imgur.com/b2y9HjX.gifv

They come in handy on long drives:
http://i.imgur.com/MMyGXOS.gifv

Also, gently caress Abilifier's car:
http://i.imgur.com/EwtBIwO.gifv
You can't hit sticky bombs with a bat apparently...

Can you hit thrown grenades with a baseball bat?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nuebot posted:

So here's my question about heists. When you do a setup mission, why don't you just continue to do the rest?

Because that makes too much sense.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Powershift posted:

Thanks for this, now i have to buy one.

Also, i can't decide what plate i want on my hearse. "SRYUDIED" or "GTWLSOON"

e: it is chrome, maybe "FABULOSS"

GON2SOON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Alan Smithee posted:

I am pulling my goddamn hair out trying to get gold on flight school moving landing. I can't even get silver because of these goddamn pc controls. Doesnt help that there's no actual strafe so getting parallel to the truck and road is like eye surgery

You're flying an aircraft that demands precision with clumsy digital inputs. Just go drop $30 on a wired xbox360 controller and never fret over it again.

• Locked thread