Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Jonesy posted:

I've got a new favorite dirty racin tactic. If you're in a gta race, shoot the gently caress out of everyone's tires. Everyone goes for the explosives and all that, nobody expects to get hobbled right out the gate :dukedog:

Doesn't really help when everyone's tires are bulletproof anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Scorched Spitz posted:

How long have you guys had to wait to get the call for the second heist? It's been hours and I still haven't gotten it.

Join a new session. I waited for about an hour, but as soon as I swapped sessions I got it in less than a minute.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

I'm looking for some competent nerds to Heist with. I've done a couple!
I also have a headset, speak English, and all kinds of fun stuff like that.

And the all-important Armored Kuruma. IGN: solarNativity on PS4.

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

I'm about to host prison break if anyone wants to come along?

PSN is Tarwedge, drop me a message
I'm down if you've still got space!

solarNativity fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 14, 2015

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Looking for a KREW for the Pacific Standard Job. I can't lead, but I can competently perform in absolutely any role necessary. I'd like to participate in all the setups for the unlocks. Please, for the love of God, free me from this pubbie torment.

IGN: solarNativity

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Derakarsis posted:

So my group of friends have gone through all the Heists EXCEPT Pacific Standard. We must have the worst luck on the planet. Last night we ran it and the last of our guys just got shot in the face climbing onto the boat as we were pulling away. It seems like rockstar has systematically removed all the fun alternative ways to complete the escape.

Does anyone have any tips for completing it? We've been swapping to a car to avoid someone dropping the ball on a bike, but even traveling across county we seem to take a bunch of damage right at the beginning and end of the escape.

Just let me drive for you! I'm pretty decent at cross-country police avoiding in a stolen cruiser. I've done it a couple times, and never dropped below 1.1m.

solarNativity fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 24, 2015

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

orcane posted:

Tried to do prison break with Powershift, but this pilot was not only completely clueless, he also didn't seem to understand any English at all. Powershift google-translated some instructions into Portuguese because the guy had BR in his name, but after retrying a million times because of bugs ("alerting" the cops while driving into the prison? what?) and the pilot dying, we first got hit with the "wanted level sticks even if you're out of LoS of cops" bug, then retried again only for the moron of a pilot to practice low altitude flying - which makes losing the wanted level impossible - before crashing into the ground.

I am indeed cursed :argh:

Heists are the classic GTA 3D-era experience in the HD universe. If you fail you do the whole thing from scratch because gently caress checkpoints and who doesn't like spending 90% of the time driving to objectives. Then if you DO get the mission going bugs prevent you from completing it, please go back to start.

I'm great at Pilot, if you'd allow me to join you. I'mn languishing here, I did all the heists but now I want to do them again and I have no krew.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Pictured is my primary garage, underneath 0604 Las Lagunas Blvd, Apt. 4. I own this lovely 6-car place for the express purpose of cheesing the Pacific Standard finale - although it's pretty cozy in its own right and the layout of its entrances makes it easy to escape cops or players alike.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

rt4 posted:

Do the suspension upgrades do anything besides lower the car? I'm not interested in reducing the ground clearance on my Sandking at all, but some extra cornering ability could be nice.

If you lower the Sandking or most other off road vehicles, the axles get lower relative to the wheels, severely hindering ground clearance and climbing ability.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Parachute posted:

Played a new character on PC before porting mine over and noticed for the special carbine (I'm sure other guns too) the max ammo is something like ~500. I remember it being almost comically high on PS3, and last night I transferred my level 82 PS3 character over and noticed I indeed had a ludicrous amount of ammo. Does this ever change?

Max Ammo is affected by your shooting Stat - mine is maxed and I have 9999 rounds for pretty much every bullet-based weapon.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

ijyt posted:

I have a Landstalker off the street that insured itself, is worth 350k and can't be sold. :argh:

May whatever expensive car it replaced rest in peace.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So, can you not pick the color of your boat when you buy one from Dock Tease? If so, Lame.

Also, if I was to buy an inexpensive light aircraft for pleasure flying, Mallard or Duster? I've flown a Mallard and it was great, but I haven't got my hands on a Duster yet.

The Duster is miserably slow, unmaneuverable, and generally poo poo.

Mallard is the bomb.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

hagie posted:

I'm confused.

Where exactly is my payment for selling a car supposed to be deposited in? Half the time it is direct deposited, then suddenly it is in my pocket funds to be handed to some jackass in an insurgent turret to shoot me as soon as I exit and lose entirely...

Should have gone into a new session when it wouldn't let me enable passive mode...

Losing all your money is a common PC misconception - you'll lost at most $500 from cash on hand, unless you're mugged.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Zigmidge posted:

So hey, flight school told me I can land on flatbeds while they move.

Can I land on a plane's wingspan? In mid-air? You can get planes to go real slow with the gear out.

It's been tried, there's no traction.

Most flatbeds and the Mule are 'special' in that people and objects resist sliding off of them, unlike most vehicles that turn to ice.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

If you're running the FOV mod, stop. It would seem a massive banwave has just started, taking out pretty much anyone who ever used the FOV mod, glitched for money, or any number of other benign things.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Literally just select whatever mission you want from Online > Jobs > Play Job.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Songbearer posted:

Tried making my own race today and my dreams were shattered when I discovered you need to make your races 0.62mi or more. I just wanted to make a psuedo go-kart track in a car park for airtugs :( It would've been 0.07mi. Such a shame.

The workaround is to fold the laps into each other - so that one 'lap' as far as the game is concerned is 2 or more on the actual course. I've seen some very neat go-kart tracks, as well as an interesting race around the roof of the LS Forum.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Powershift posted:

Or at the least, a variety of themed lobbies, like a chill lobby that brings up a quick vote to kick automatically if somebody is being super agressive, and you can just hit whatever on the d-pad for yes and no.

I just ran through the pacific standard heist with a bunch of brits going for the 10:15 elite challenge, and with a few fuckups, got 12:27 on the first attempt. That was my first time going through without anybody dying, although getting onto the dinghy i was down to a sliver of life. only made $991k though.

I'm not the fastest but I escape with the full $1.25m every time.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Anyone available to spawn me a Hearse? I'm solarNativity on PC.

e: Thanks to SaltySteve!

solarNativity fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 24, 2015

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

All this new content (especially new vehicles and the gun safe) have successfully made me reinstall this game. What goon PC crew is most active nowadays?

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Does the Drift Tampa at least get a spoiler mod or is it just paint & performance?

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Hypers?

I'm sure the furries would like that one, but hypercar seems to be what comes after supercar...

I'm extremely disappointed in the generally extremely small number of unique mods for the new cars. Some get nothing special at all past liveries, others get one or two pieces.

solarNativity fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 20, 2016

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Can any other personal vehicle ram like the Insurgent? I have a hard time driving anything but that. It's just so good in every way, but the ability to cut through traffic like butter is paramount.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Such disrespect. Good opportunity to give $600 to my pubfriend, though.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

gently caress all y'all who said R* would never give my never-spawned crate money back.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Psion posted:

Did you put in a ticket for it or did they just randomly give you money?

A ticket. Only took a couple days.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

All the pubbies left this race once I gained a commanding lead. The only thing left to do was get a good freeze-frame.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

I am eternally salty about the Dune being a Pegasus vehicle. They will never give us another storable vehicle as good as the Insurgent.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm thinking of making Circuits-only and Point-to-Point-only playlists. When they only had 16 races, we could've done them all in a Goon Prix session, but I think they're at 27 total now, so it'd be impossible.

I would do 27 stunt races straight if we could gather enough Goon Prix racers. It'll be 4 Hours of Le Shootmans.

Speaking of, when will someone make some Super endurance races? I'd love to go dozens of laps in the RE-7B or Tyrus. I hope to get a Tyrus soon - it may not be the fastest but it sure is cool, and it makes some glorious sounds.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Is the Brioso R/A AWD? It certainly feels like it, and I know it will at very least spin the rear tires.

Having a custom one has been so rewarding for spamming stunt races. The bodywork is pretty great, it will fill your enemies with fear as they are about to be thoroughly dominated.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

FFT posted:

So roughly how long does R* support typically take to respond re: character transfer ate my cars?

My average has been around 1-3 days for lost stuff. Not sure if categories affect how quickly stuff is responded to.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

nuts to butts is the only way to be

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Ofaloaf posted:

The next big patch is going to add in Las Venturas along with a special "Convoy" game mode, playable only after purchasing new vehicles from a physical lot named "Dick's Big Rigs". When you play Convoy, GTA actually just loads up American Truck Simulator.

T1g4h posted:

I'd unironically be down for this.
I've been asking for this since the game came out.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Psion posted:

yachts, I think, have been superseded by the offices (I still like mine a lot, but spawning in Arcadius is awesome) and the only real exception is Pegasus vehicles - on the other hand they can learn from your mistakes of buying 700 Pegasus vehicles and only pick up the ones worth having, so it's not all bad. :v:

Pegasus vehicles:

Buzzard is amazing utility, buy it ASAP. Great for missions and general transport, basically the default helicopter.
Cargobob can get you out of a bind in a lot of missions and allow you to cheese others.
Hydra is useful in a few missions and basically the best weapon for murdering pubs and padding your K/D. It's a jet you can spawn at any helipad, what's not to love?

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

ickna posted:

My new favorite way to harass pubbies is sniping them from the roof of my Lombank office and going back inside when they wise up.

Lombank is the best, and anyone who chooses Maze Bank West has played themselves. The roof is nice and flat, with only a few steps up to the helipad, as opposed to the disgusting labyrinthine layout that West has. There's enough empty roof space on Lombank to land 2-3 helicopters or even a plane. Plus, the view is amazing.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Look at all these poor people mad about losing $18k... I spend more than that on ammo in a day.

I'd be way madder about losing my 100% delivery success rate, but I'm doing stunt races all week instead of crates.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Cage posted:

The minigun costs that much for like 30 seconds of shooting. :getin:

It costs four hundred thousand dollars to fire this weapon for 12 seconds.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Hugh Malone posted:

Literally ban these dicks, no joke, irony, or fox gibbon
Trust no one, not even goons :10bux: pubbies.
Run crates solo only in sessions with matchmaking ports blocked.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Buschmaki posted:

Please don't call people faggots because you got mad at the videogame

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

taters posted:

Block UDP both in and outbound at the following ports

6672, 61455, 61457, 61456, 61458

The easiest way is to set up a toggle-able rule in the windows firewall. Launch the game normally and enter online. Enable the blocking rules then change lobbies.

You can save precious seconds by specifying a range instead - 6672, 61455-61458. Enable to run cratez, disable otherwise.

titties posted:

I like how taters, the goon who loves nothing more than loving up people's crate runs, also likes to discuss various ways to secure his session so he can run crates in peace

He knows the danger, because he is the danger.

solarNativity fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Zig, why don't you ever turn off your headlights when hunting pubbies?

• Locked thread