Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

BitBasher posted:

I'm sitting on a little over 16 million. I'll front the cash for Goon heists but be sure that some assholes won't likely be invited back if they can't to the job. No one can afford to have people gently caress that up over and over at a couple hundred Gs per try.

I don't think it's a good idea the way it is laid out. It's too easy to grief.

Just think of the infinite bullshit Rockstar will have to read through from pubbies bitching that they want their GTAbux back because they were griefed and/or lost the heist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Anyone interested in playing around 6pm CST tonight on PS3?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

BitBasher posted:

The map is too big for that to work. You would go extended periods without ever seeing anyone.

They could make radar localized so you have to be within a mile or so of someone for them to show up on the map. It would be difficult to randomly find someone but you could pay Lester to locate them for 1min or something.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Craptacular posted:

If they're smart, they'll have a roadmap to release new features on a schedule to last until GTA VI comes out.

A roadmap that turns out was folded the whole time. Unfolded, it takes 10x longer than expected to release anything.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

edit: reread and I'm an idiot. That challenge sounds impossible.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Maytag posted:

Is anyone going to Heist on PS3?

Absolutely. I'll be spending as much time as I can heisting on PS3 if there are other goons to team up with.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

i flunked out posted:

What timezones are you guys?

Central time

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

I really want heists to be amazing and super fun and worth replaying, but at the same time it would be hilarious if they suck.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Maytag posted:

PS3, sent a few friend requests out, I should be on 9 pm EST Tuesday.

I'll be on Thursday night, on vacation until then.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Okay, servers are down, so what has the Heist Update added to single-player?

It added more excuse to play single-layer while you wait for servers to be up.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Please someone on PS3 save me from doing heists with pubbies.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Added PS3 people to friends list. I'm up for heisting now.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Hot drat I can't wait to get the insurgent with the turret. Also sweet strafe at the end of the 3rd video.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

PRISON BREAK PROTIP:

Always approach a live Velum from the left.

Otherwise, you get this when you try to board:

Similar thing happened to my crew last night. At the finale of the Valkyrie mission when the heli crew picks up the ground crew off the beach, the Valkyrie slightly tipped as it landed, shredding the ground crew to pieces.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

People dropping their PSNs need to specify PS4 or PS3

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Craptacular posted:

Pegasus delivers it to a spawn location, which is sometimes the nearest.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

I'll be on PS3 for heists at 7pm central time (about 1hr 40minutes from now). Let me know if you want to join. PSN is santanotreal.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

thehustler posted:

Nobody wants to join my heist setups ever. I'm struggling to do Prison Break because of this.

Is there a goon crew on PS3? Or does anyone want to help? I'm on as Pentler, no mic I'm afraid

There's a goon crew thread. Also get a mic or else heisting with you will be just as bad as heisting with pubbies. I'll gladly play later on today though.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

i flunked out posted:

yo yo yo im fresh420prince and im good at heisting, except for hacking. im hosting the trevor heist tonight, and wil probably host the next one tomorrow

I'll heist with you again. Trevor heist kinda sucks overall but it's decent payout and still includes shooting dudes. What time will you be on?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Apparently GTA doesn't want me to have fun right now and I cannot connect to online sessions. Hope the issue fixes itself in a couple hours.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Now all the city needs is flares.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

TheDarkFlame posted:

I was busy this weekend, I hope that the novelty of heists won't wear off before I get a chance to join in. Definitely doesn't help that there are few of us left on PS3.

Holy gently caress. I love how powerful that is, but at some point I lost mine and I don't even know how. Any way to get it back?

There's still a group of us on PS3 doing heists. We kinda jump around what one we do each night so far. Feel free to add me (should be same name as forums) as I will be on all week doing heists occasionally. We are generally on starting at 7pm or 8pm central time.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

blackguy32 posted:

You have to be the leader for the heist to actually count for you. But I think you get unlocks for simply completing the heists.

This is accurate. If you want to advance your own storyline of heists you have to host. To unlock anything like vehicles, you merely have to be a participant in the relevant heist missions.

I haven't had too much issue filling up heists but mostly because I join other goons instead of hosting.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

I'm glad there isn't any real risk as host, but doesn't the lack of risk from losing kinda negate having a setup cost?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

i flunked out posted:

I've been trying to get through a single successful run of the trash mission in the series a heist for the past threeish days... I hate pubbies with such burning passion right now.

gently caress that mission. A single mishap and the whole thing starts over, no checkpoints.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

I've had that same glitch happen to me when taking the Casco. Getting in and out does work but you have to be out of sight of the cops. Also, I've had it happen where we lost the cops and then as soon as we drove off (despite no police being around) we randomly got 3 stars back. Some rockstar magic.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

blackguy32 posted:

This was the prison break heist and I didn't do any of the setup missions. I just don't bother to waste my time.

If you didn't do any of the setup missions that doesn't mean you deserve a higher cut in the finale. You didn't get paid to do the setup missions but you also didn't have to take the time to do them either. But the important thing is that the host gets paid a fair amount considering what everyone else gets IF they do the setup missions and finale plus they have to cover setup.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Gonna do some heists on PS3 if anyone wants to join. I'm santasnotreal123. Add me and we'll get started in the next 45minutes or something.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Basically all of Trevor's heist is just a copy of story missions. Not that I mind for the most part since they're still fun, but that means only 1 or two of the heists are actually new ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Do heists from other people, not necessary to host. Also save up for whatever you think is fun. A lot of the new heist vehicles are amazing and awesome but expensive.

• Locked thread