Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So it's kind of lame that you can't steal personal vehicles. I mean, we have that insurance thing. If I'm going around murdering people like a jackass, I should be able to take their cars too. Instead all I can do is blow them up. Then the game tells me I'm being a meanie and fines me for it. Yet there's no real punishment for murdering a guy over and over, literally taking all of his money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

titties posted:

You're not really taking much of anything. You drop like $500 when you die, assuming you are carrying a bunch of cash. If you don't have any cash on hand you don't lose anything (and you also don't pay insurance premiums)

That's odd. Because the other day every time I died I'd lose 1k from my bank account.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ijyt posted:

so, it's possible to use cheatengine to edit your RP and $ values.

In online.

Lol.

Without getting added to the cheater pool? What about unlocking things. Because if you can cheat those race 50 requirements I would do that in a heart beat.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

hagie posted:

Holy Christ I've been killed by 4/5 goons I've come across today. Does no one know what a crew member looks like on the map of is it just pure bloodlust.

Some people in the goon crew are great, a few are pretty bad about this. I generally don't kill others in the crew, but every so often there's someone who's just a jackass I guess who teamkills constantly.

EDIT:

gullah jack posted:

Obviously, I have no idea if this is true or not, but doing this in a solo session may not get you added to the cheater pool since solo sessions might be considered single player.
It'd be hard to test then since apparently solo race wins don't count.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Apr 20, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Right, so apparently I have to do heists to unlock those rocket proof cars everyone uses. If anyone is interested in grouping together for one at any point http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/buttwind add me and we can try to do this poo poo.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Fleeca Job is surprisingly easy. I managed to score platinum as the driver my first time through.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

orcane posted:

I've been trying to get LLJK members invited to heists but it looks like the game isn't even trying, the "your crew" option where you can invite specific members lists maybe 5-10 people at any time, and the only way to get anyone at all to join is by doing auto-invite with open matchmaking which usually gets me a lot of level <12 people who are not only unfamiliar with the heists and the game in general, they lack everything that helps you survive GTA aimbot NPCs better (ie. reserve body armor, snacks, skills to actually hit things you're shooting and sprint longer than five seconds), so they're the first to die. Forget hard mode, these guys usually die a 2nd time before you're halfway through a heist or setup. That's on top of hilarious failures like people committing suicide by parachute, suicide by jumping off buildings or suicide by crashing aircraft.

I managed to beat the prison break heist once and I wasn't even hosting so I'm still stuck there, which is getting really annoying. On the other hand I'm pretty good at flying that damned plane now...

Yeah, it's so weird like that. The game frowns on random chaos, it'll shove you in open worlds with crew and friends when possible. But actually doing any kind of mission or job with friends and crews? A nightmare. Even when you finish something, half the time you wind up getting split up and tossed god knows where. The fact that you can't really control Job Invites doesn't help either. You think they'd have let you limit it to like, friends only or crew only so you don't have to deal with the constant beeping job spam.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

They should make a new addon that includes at least like one "Big Garage" or something that lets you store a small number of big vehicles. Like trucks or busses. Also an armored death bus would be the best thing ever.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Nintendo Kid posted:

Single Player lets you use hangars for this, so I presume if they ever add it to GTA Online it'll use those.

Oh okay I never really played single player much. Why can't we have hangars in online? It can't be a balance issue because anyone with millions can just rent a ton of planes and helicopters and tanks anyway. Letting us own one and paint it pink won't destroy the game.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So does anyone have else have a problem where sometimes you'll click to start a job or continue after a job and it'll just hang there forever and never progress beyond that screen? Is there anything you an do short of ALT+F4ing out of the game?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

My favorite type of randoms, are the ones who just unlock grenades and other explosives. So they constantly destroy eachother, themselves and the mission objectives then wonder why they keep failing.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So is there any way to get the lost van in your garage? I like it a lot and I know the heist updated added one like it, but it's not the same.

I kind of wish someone would compile a list of unobtainable/rare/secret vehicles in GTAOnline.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I kind of wish you could pick up the random things NPCs carry around and use or throw them. Like drink cups or the leaf blowers gardeners drop when you murder them.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I picked one up from the RV mission after capping a dude. Don't know if I still have it though.

EDIT: I like when a job is full the game can't just return me to where I was and now I have to play the time-out connection game again until it decides to let me back in.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Apr 22, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So here's my question about heists. When you do a setup mission, why don't you just continue to do the rest?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I'm beginning to hate heists online. Did the Human Raid with a bunch of pubs, got right up to the actual heist. Host kicks me for no reason.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I didn't expect him to waste everyone's time. He could have taken 90% of the money and I Wouldn't have cared, I just want the insurgent at this point.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Is it even possible to skip right to the finale of a heist? Or are the people who kick at the end just dicks for no reason.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

At least they weren't just doing it to be spiteful I guess. I think I'm done trying to help someone complete all the stages though, it's like pulling teeth. I'll just wait until I get lucky and grab the finale.

EDIT: It just seemed unexpected because it had been the same four people for every part of the set up and we did it all pretty easily. I'm guessing they had friends they wanted to get through it or crew.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Apr 22, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Slim Killington posted:

Of course, there's no telling pubbies that. They'll insist on doing whatever dumb poo poo they have in their heads.

Like running in front of a jet mid-take off. I'd really like to meet the guy who thought up the shared lives system and kick him in the rear end.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tommychu posted:

Seems like every time the game gets patched it gets buggier. Tried to enter my Paleto garage from inside the house, game hangs for a second and then all of a sudden I'm 200ft over top of legion square falling at full skydiving speed with a deployed parachute. :wtc:
Also anyone on 360 have issues where your t-shirt design doesn't render? like, it's something with a logo but just shows up as a blank shirt until you enter a clothing store or closet. My guy's obnoxious getup isn't complete without the rainbow 'yeah' shirt.

Yeah, this happens every few times I do a mission. The cat on my catshirt goes away and I have to go to a store or closet for it to reappear.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

titties posted:

I've experienced this, but I've also had the opposite. The cat shirt is part of my first saved outfit. When I'm scrolling through saved outfits before the start of a heist, every outfit will have the cat face on the front.

This sounds amazing I am going to have to try this.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I think this game has a grudge against me, every time I try to do the humane labs something goes wrong. Even when I try to do it with goons my internet fucks up.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

What's the deal with the ungodly swarm of cops at the airport? I'm trying to do the stunt jump there and its nearly impossible between simply not being able to figure out what I'm doing wrong and the fact that 9/10 times I Fail the cops just get super pissed off and murder me before I even get full control back.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

The thing we found (through many trials of this) is that you have to take your bikes out of the city before the guy in the garage leaves with the Karuma. Otherwise it won't let you. Just go up near that farm on the highway and you'll be fine.

You don't want to try to explode an Insurgent, since the insurance cost is ~17 grand and any explosives to the car are unlikely to kill the driver before you explode the thing. SMGs to the face are your best bet barring a sniper shot.

Honestly, I don't really understand why they put the insurgent in the free roam at all. It's cool for missions and all. But then you get dicks in borderline indestructable cars just being assholes non-stop. Not even funny assholes, just jerks. If you do blow up the car rockstar tells you that you're playing mean and fines you for trying to avoid being run down for the nth time. Just the other day we had someone doing just that, and when we finally popped their insurgent they went passive and just ran away to hide so no one could kill them.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Snakes in a can posted:

Testing out geeves tool

http://soulglo.com/goonheists/view-heist.php?guid=50D63494-C6DE-46CF-B546-BBF8C21BB1EC

any of you AU nerds/nocturnal goons want to help me get though this one so i can buy an insurgent and paint it Hot pink then run every pubbie over/hope they try to blow it up and payout 16k.

God drat if it wasn't 5AM I'd be down for that because I still haven't been able to finish that heist and I've been trying to get a group for it for days now.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Anyone need humane labs? Add me since I'm determined to get this done today http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/buttwind

EDIT: never mind I can still only start Fleeca Job. So I can't host it. Back to trying randoms.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 25, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Well I got mumble now. Without a mic though this doesn't seem especially useful.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Contact missions are great cash. Easy, short ones are worth like 5k on average while longer or slightly more difficult ones are at least 10k and don't take all that much longer. If you, or at least one other person in the misison, has a kuruma its easy going. I earned like 200k in an hour last night just farming contact missions.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So I bought an insurgent. Went on a rampage. Turns out not only can you shoot through the windows, but apparently the roof isn't armored either. Either way, it feels pretty much inferior to the kuruma in every way.

So what now? Aside from grinding ranks I think I've already run out of things to do in GTA Online.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So I don't know what's wrong with my game but I'm literally just getting non-stop phonecalls from NPCs now. It's really lovely because phone calls disable your controls until you hit Esc. Is there any way to stop people from calling?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What's up with the constant phonecalls in gta online. Lester, Simeon, Madrazo and others are constantly calling me and it's giving me GTA IV ptsd. I'm dead sure this wasn't around at launch. Even Brucie called me and demanded to know why I wasn't sucking down bull shark testosterone.

I know, right? If I'm just murdering dudes in the city or something every few minutes I get a call from an NPC that basically amounts to "Hey! I still exist!" I mean I get it for the story mode. The characters exist independent of your actions. But in Online your characters are literally just mute assholes, why does anyone want to talk to you.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So in the other GTA topic someone linked a download thing to get the returning player content, and I can confirm it works for the online cars and axe at least.

Which brings me to another question: I wonder if there are any mods to get the duke 'o death or the rail gun in online.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So is there any way to turn off the profanity filter?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Also, since there's a mod to give you the returning-player content. Is there any thing to add in the holiday vehicles permanently, I wonder? I've seen people driving some around but the PC version hasn't had the events yet.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

hellfaucet posted:

Whoa whoa whoa. Do tell... I'm loving dying for a hatchet!

The hatchet is completely rad.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Does anyone here have the hearse online and would you be willing to help me get one?

EDIT: PC version.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 10:21 on May 2, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Could it be possible to get two cargobob's to lift one? It'd be a hell of a time flying in tandem if its even possible. But it'd be fun to bomb people like that.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Every vehicle only has one attaching point, theoretically it could be possible for one cargobob to pick up the truck cab while the other picks up the trailer and you could transport the entire thing. But judging by what the person I quoted was saying I don't think you can still cargobob trailers.

Oh, that's disappointing.

Unrelated: I still have no hearse. This is getting soul crushing, the spawn rate on these things is awful and no one in the PC version seems to have one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I know where they spawn, they just have a really low spawn rate if you don't already have one. This is day 3 and still no sight of one.

EDIT: Dear lord every car I Steal tonight seems to be one of simeon's wanted list. Is there any way to make this poo poo go away? It's so annoying getting an instant 2-star wanted level and cops spawning behind you even in the middle of nowhere.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 13:49 on May 3, 2015

• Locked thread