Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

R*'s website won't let me enter in a support ticket under the PC platform because it doesn't recognize that I've already uploaded a DxDiag and MSInfo so I have to file it under Xbox 360. What are the odds it will be noticed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Samsquamsch posted:

I struggled for about 15 minutes with this today across three different browsers before realizing it just won't submit if you select PC as a platform. I just left that field blank since it's not required. Hoping to get a cash reimbursement but if I have to just buy one again, screw it. I'll just be very careful and probably never take anything off the street again.

I'm also going to try turning on vsync tomorrow and see if it makes me play better. I never use it in other games but it might reduce the sluggishness I feel like I'm feeling.

I just figured out what the problem was. Even though it says you can drag the files into the box, you need to click the Add File link which opens up a file browser window. Only then can you actually submit the ticket.

It probably didn't help that for whatever reason their website wasn't loading for the past four or so hours.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Is the jerry can/exhaust flames method still the best/only way to destroy someone else's car without paying their insurance?

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

neurotech posted:

COOL my Social Club account was hacked! Heads up for everyone. Change your passwords.

Powershift posted:

My original password was simple as hell, when social club first started, there were no password requirements. 123456 was ok.

I thought the issue was that these russian hackers or whoever had gotten a database with the passwords inside? There was someone posting about a pastebin full of compromised accounts earlier and that made it seem like the case. If that's true then password strength wouldn't really matter.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Spending 200k tuning up lovely cars is more fun than buying boring rear end super cars.

Races get really boring if you end up in a lobby where every loving race is super on some lame nascar style go-in-a-circle for three laps on a flat surface. Everyone jumps in their jet black zentornos and they all vote to replay at the end of it.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Is there any way to actually get rid of a gun? I don't enjoy cycling through the 8 different pistols every time I want to get my AP one out. Every time I drop a gun it just shows up again when I enter another session.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Just drove my fully decked out Rancher off the pier without remembering that I had only bought a tracker and not insurance for whatever reason. :retrogames:

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

So is rockstar doing anything about the car erasing glitch because my fully tricked out futo just got replaced by a double of the sultan I found.

Probably going to be fixed in the next patch which will be released ??? On the bright side you can probably maybe hopefully get some sort of repayment back in about a week if you open a support ticket now.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Capn Beeb posted:

This is important:

Can the Casco fart flames?

This is the only downside to driving a Voltic. You can't spam the flame farts like a madman waiting for the race countdown to end.

It's still worth it when you end up beating the dorks in their million dollar batmobiles with your hot pink electric car. With a clown horn, obviously.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Corzaa posted:

Where the hell has all this Voltic love come from? It still flips like gently caress doesn't it?

I've got offroad tires and a spoiler, I don't encounter much flipping.

socialsecurity posted:

Honestly passives should be in their own sessions ruins the open world funtimes when half the dudes are intangible ghosts.

Yes please. Same system they had in RDR (and GTA IV?). Let the passives have their own playlist/freeroam where player/player damage doesn't exist (but you can still hit each other with cars and the like). The normal sessions should then be changed to have no bad sport bullshit and you'd pay for your own blown up cars. The fact that this problem needs to be fixed in GTA of all games is astounding.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Extra posted:

Most game devs have no clue what the word nuance means and push through sweeping changes instead because it takes less effort.

Programming a penalty for X kills within X duration is too much effort.

They did this with RDR. If you killed the same person a bunch of times in a short period of time the victim would get an option to respawn somewhere else on the map. (It also had a freeroam system that made sense! Passive players got their own lobbies/sessions while everyone else got to play the game normally without getting penalized for it. Crazy, right?)

R* made a bunch of stupid decisions with GTA online but being lazy is not the reason.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Nintendo Kid posted:

That's why you host your own!

I try that, and have people trickle in until it hits maybe 5/16 people, then everyone leaves because there's not enough people. Cue dozens of other people joining one by one and then leaving because it's an empty lobby.

Quick jobs should be more specific. I don't want a drat bicycle race, make that it's own playlist.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Me and another dude managed to win a rally race but despite the other team being a full minute behind us we were in second place. Our time of completion was swapped with theirs and they won. After the race It showed the two of them winning standing in front of the vehicle we had used. What the gently caress.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

This is by far the most annoying poo poo in the game

God drat is it ever. Even worse, the text box disappears randomly. Half of the time the text box just goes away, keeping the text you've already written, and the other half of the time it straight up deletes everything you've wrote.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Rockstar finally responded to my two week old ticket with another canned response! At least they finally reimbursed me with GTA bucks. Oh no wait, they just said that they've given me the money, I don't actually have it.

Welp, i'll try again next friday. :thumbsup:

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Do the sports baller even spawn online? I been looking for like 3 days and I seen every other type of SUV but the baller s.

I remember having a hell of a time trying to find one on 360. I don't think I've ever seen a single one since the PC release. No ballers, no cavalcades, only those ugly rear end wavy nissan juke looking ones.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

If the Kuruma didn't let you shoot from inside the car everything would be perfect. Nobody can shoot you, you can't shoot anybody.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Nintendo Kid posted:

It's not bulletproof, lovely aim man.

Oh sorry, bulletproof except for the 4 inch wide metal gap (that most likely only exists because whoever modeled the car forgot about it) inbetween the bulletproof windows. Yes, why doesn't everyone shoot through that tiny hole on the very fast car, hmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

I'm led to believe there's at least some sort of human interaction in the support tickets, despite the canned responses. Whoever handled mine managed to rename the title of the ticket to "GATV - PC - MISSING CARS". :downs:

• Locked thread