Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013
Is there a way to find the right 250k challenges or do you just gotta get lucky and find a recent one with that amount?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013
I was surprised I was able to get CHOOCHOO early on. It works really well with the Sandking or the Dubsta 6x6.

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

R* posted:

Players can now buy and save up to 30 personalised licence plates for their stored GTA Online vehicles via the iFruit App

Does this mean you can have multiple unique plates or is it just the ability to put your one custom license plate on each of your 30 cars?

Should try to scoop up some unused ones if the former is true :v:.

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I'm not sure that introducing new and unexpected game mechanics right in the middle of a heist is a great idea. The steps everyone needs to do during the heist should probably be explained in your heist room no?

I'm looking at you, fecking drill.

I found the trick after loving it up for a minute is that you cant have the trigger all the way down, you gotta hold it half-most way down and it wont overheat.

Just using it like a gun will overheat it and make everyone frustrated.

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013
Managed somehow to stumble through the Humane Labs Heist with pubbies, bought me a HVY Insurgent and some other toys (didnt get the hydra, is that a setup unlock?) to hold me over until the servers are more stable.

Xbone GT: RedAbaddon if anyone wants to add, though I'll be somewhat busy the next couple days

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

Slim Killington posted:

Normally this is the case because you logged off with a bounty on you, and you get the notification again when you come online as if it were just placed. However it's not at all unlikely that someone was just tossing bounties on whoever logged in.

Eventually you learn to have fun griefing people back. Get a bounty placed on you, hide in the subway right under a building or in the mine shaft. Get in a helicopter and go to max height over a busy intersection, since the bounty icon overrides the helicopter icon. All of these things cause people to go apeshit losing their minds trying to find you.

Options also include finding a sub and go deep sea exploring while people hover you waiting for you to (never) surface. You can find a hallway with 1 entrance/exit and sticky bomb the doors (there's one at the airport by the titan spawn) to hilariously kill whoever decides to funnel in.

Edit since one idea was beaten: Does it still ding for insurance if the bounty target is in someone else's personal vehicle? It'd be funny to stick someone in an insurgent with a 1k bounty and see pubbies lose 15k chasing a bounty.

Bear in the Woods fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Apr 23, 2015

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

Akion posted:

It worked on PS3 as well, but dropping them on PC seems to only last for the session.

Funny enough, the AK I dropped on PS3 is still gone.

GG Rockstar.

There's been other oddities on the PC too. Off the top of my head bounties deposit to your bank so you can't share them/give money to goons anymore.

Heist payouts on PC on the other hand are given to your on hand cash, so you have to deposit them before you get killed post-finale. On the consoles they'd go straight into the bank.

This stuff will probably be tuned in a week or so most likely.

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

geeves posted:

I have it recorded I just need to make time in the editor. But yes explosive. That was big on last-gen consoles to have the ammo from the Lazer shot from a Uzi. Or RPGs from the minigun.

It looks like people have been using a trainer to allow director mode stuff in GTAO. This includes explosive and/or fire rounds and invincibility. I encountered a guy playing around with it and just switched sessions.

It'll likely have the same lasting duration the DNS stuff had on consoles before Rockstar has the fix/banhammer out. It might mean a period of million/billion dollar bounties again hopefully.

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013
What type of aiming system are goons sticking with on PC?

Free aim seems kind of low sometimes and I haven't run into too many other LLJK there.

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

is hydra basically chopper controls or can you actually switch it to "jet" mode besides hovering fwd like a chopper

You can toggle between "jet" mode and "hover" mode on it.

It's a chunkier Lazer in jet mode but you can call it anywhere that can spawn a plane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

Dude in a survival shot money bags at me. Got about 1.3 million out of it. Am I getting banned

cuz I already bought the Valkyrie and declared it on my taxes

Too small amount for them to care most likely.

If it had been 130 million then you'd get 2 weeks in the hole with you possibly keeping the money afterwards.

• Locked thread