Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

MY daily objectives have been stuck for four days now :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

My favorite is hearing people talking to strippers

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Kly posted:

I keep getting this error when trying to play GTA, any ideas about fixing this?

edit; nevermind, apparently steam is down? even though I can login, see my friends list and play other games.
https://www.issteamdown.com/

Oh my god, I thought my account was taken or w/e so I went through a huge idiot goose chase trying to recover my account.

I feel really dumb now.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Is there a reason my daily objective hasn't updated for at least a week? What do I even do in this situation?

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Demitri Omni posted:

Can you winswap on created tracks?

Yup. I made a track around the horse track. I made it a utility only race, and went and got myself a Sadler, and quickly got 50 races won within an hour or two. You also get to enjoy people getting really mad at the fact that you have a truck and they have a tractor.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

I dunno my girlfriend plays this game and so far no one has even mentioned that she is a girl, other than one single time where someone went "Oh, haven't seen many girls playing this game."

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Alan Smithee posted:

Dude in a survival shot money bags at me. Got about 1.3 million out of it. Am I getting banned

cuz I already bought the Valkyrie and declared it on my taxes

Probably not. That happened to me, spent it all, and I also use a FoV mod and I haven't been banned after playing the game since it came out. I really doubt the validity of complaints from people saying they were banned from just these two things.

The only weird thing about my game is my character's daily objectives haven't updated a single time since I hit rank 15, but my girlfriends has every day as intended.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

The only thing I can assume from their ticket responses is that it is a robot that reads key words and sends a copy paste of whatever it finds the most applicable. That leads to it sending you stuff barely relevant and things that definitely have nothing to do with your actual problem.

For instance, my Social Club account is super old and I don't remember the password for it, nor do I have access to the email I stuck it on when I made it. I typed out a ticket that was pretty detailed about exactly the info I do have, how I can prove it is my account, etc, in order to get it switched over to an email address I currently use.

I get the response "I sent a password reset to your email :downs:"

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

rt4 posted:

Why do so many people suck at flying? It seems preposterously easy to takeoff and land planes and helicopters in this game.

I really don't know. Even going into it blind as a pilot I realized I could just fly in circles constantly and never get shot down, it's honestly the easiest and least stressful part of that heist. I really don't like being in the actual prison itself, because the shootout is so long that it chews through all 4 of my super heavy armor, even when I'm in cover 100% of the time and only popping out to kill a dude or two. I really don't get how you avoid getting randomly headshot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Yesterday I logged onto a full server and there was just a crate sitting on a beach, so I drove to it and got it with no contest.

No one was even headed towards it :shrug:

The best part is the free mini gun.

• Locked thread