Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Finally found a Sultan a day and a half after beginning my search - turns out driving the asterope really does increase the spawn rate.

No to just paint it pink with a purple pearlescent and turn into the absolute boy-racer shitmobile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It spawns quite often around the prison. One of the easier "rare" cars to find.

Randomly found mine driving round Blaine County near Harmony after I gave up and started going for Simeon's HPV. Wedged my Asterope and was running off to grab another vehicle or get far enough away to call my mechanic and just randomly found one in a parking lot.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

So I started some mission today (contend/capture I think?) where it locks you to only picking up the guns you find on the ground. Well, after coming out of the mission, the only weapons I have are the grenades and the combat pistol I picked up, even after completely restarting my game. All the guns want to be repurchased, but I didn't buy any in case it messed up any process of restoring my purchases.

tl;dr I lost all my guns after doing a mission, how do I get them back?

e: nevermind, right after I typed this post I logge dback in after I hadn't ben logged in for 15 minutes, and it's restored all my guns.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

I already have a Sultan, but I was thinking of buying an actual nice expensive car because they physically look nicer than this Subaru wannabe.

Narrowed it down to 3 choices - should I get the Jester, Carbonizzare, or just go full hog and splash out on a Zentorno?

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Having an interesting problem on the Prison Break finale - When the ground team actually get to Rashkovsky, their HUD disappears, like it's about to go into a cutscene, but they can't actually do anything. Meanwhile, I in a chopper just circle the military base while the jet, which for some reason hasn't taken off, just keeps respawning when I blow it up, before the anti-aircraft inevitably get me for hovering right over the aircraft base. Also, the pilot of the Velum never gets harassed by any of the jets because they never take off.

We've tried it three times now, and every time someone dies or something, we all get stuck on the leaderboard and have to restart our games.

Any ideas?

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

kaxman posted:

The ground team is having a bug. There's supposed to be a cutscene for them where they give Rashkovsky a pistol and poo poo, it's like 10 seconds max. What do you mean the Velum hasn't taken off yet? As a Velum pilot it is easiest to just get on the jet fighter's six and follow him. His dogfighting skills do not exist. The chopper can hover just outside of the base and shoot poo poo if you want but it's not crucial. Shooting fighters is pointless, a new one spawns as soon as you blow up the old one. The fighter just crashes as soon as the ground team makes it out though.

I've failed the mission by taking too long to fly to the area in the Velum (at least, we think that's why we failed that time).

I badly worded that. The Velum never gets intercepted by any military jets, as they just sit at the ground at their respective airfields, whilst the ground team can't see any of their UI and can't do anything other than shoot, but as soon as the first NOOSE wave is dealt with, the second one doesn't spawn. Meanwhile, all the Velum can do is somersault around footloose and fancy-free as it doesn't need to avoid any jets, whilst I in the chopper don't really have to do anything other than just blow up the repeatedly spawning military jets that never take off at the military base.

kaxman posted:

Maybe you guys are messing up the script somehow, I dunno.

That is most likely the problem, though what are we doing wrong to cause it, everything works fine until I get in the chopper and nothing ever attacks the Velum as the military jets just sit at their runways.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

hellfaucet posted:

Weird bug last night, I was in a game with a ton of goons and at one point I noticed I had every single weapon made for the game in my scroll wheel, even poo poo I didn't unlock or find: hatchet, musket, crowbar, etc. I got REALLY excited and started hatcheting people for like 20 minutes. I eventually joined a mission with some dudes and when I came back out all the weapons were gone. :smith:

I haven't done the dll modification or use any hacks or trainers, so I thought it was weird that they all just randomly appeared on me, and I hadn't been rolling around with anyone else at that point.

I had the opposite problem after doing a survival, where I lost everything but the pistol and grenade I had in the mission. Took me 3 game restarts to fix that.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

When I'm starting a job and you can see a character's (including your own) stats on the right side of the screen - why are they different from the stats seen in the Pause menu under the "STATS" heading?

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Fantastic bug today:

I started a 6 man mission whilst in a blue "beater" (i.e. rustbucket lovely piece of crap from Blaine County) Albany Emperor. I spawned in my blue "Beater" Emperor, for some reason, whilst my friends spawned in their cars.

Then the spawn rate for NPC cars was completely hosed, something like 1 in 3 NPC cars was a blue "beater" Albany Emperor. So of course, all 6 of us got in the same car and failed the world's easiest mission because of it.

Unfortunately, ShadowPlay lol'd on me and I don't have screenshots, but it was pretty funny just having 6 of us driving around in the same cars through a town mostly full of the same crappy blue cars.

e: need help getting to level 100, need to gold plate my Dundreary Regina that I've sunk 150k into, complete with dollar sign whitewall rims, and a full rack of luggage on the roof, just because I want a goldplated/wood-panelling combo on my car.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

I use a 360 controller, because my crappy PC runs this game at 15-20 FPS and aiming with a mouse at that FPS is just bleargh.

However, when using any gun with lock-on, or the RPG, I can't actually lock on to other players in free-mode, no matter if they're a random scrubby or if they're a friend/crew member. Any idea what setting I've borked, because I swear I used to be able to?

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Bilal posted:

The new minigame I've been playing is called Pubbie Birthday. I drive around in a green Vapid Minivan looking for low level players. If they don't blow me up on approach, I pull up to them and say "Time to go to soccer practice kiddo!" If they play along and get in the van with me, I drive around while lecturing them about how they've made me proud and I think 12 years old is mature enough to be able to handle the responsibility of a machine like this. Then I spawn a Rhino, Liberator, or whatever other fun Pegasus vehicles they haven't unlocked yet and let them take it for a ride. There's not much to this mini game, but I find it very heartwarming.

A Goon being friendly to pubbies? :frogout:

Also, will the Liberator/Sovereign be available forever? Or does it cut off when the event ends (if so, when does the event end?) I've already bought a musket and fireworks launcher, but I really want the Sov and Liberator but I don't have enough GTA$, and I don't particularly want to either sell half my cars or buy GTA$ to afford them by a deadline if there isn't one.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

hagie posted:

Most us abide by "First Blood" rules. We wait until some one starts poo poo with us before tormenting them.

Granted, there are a handful that make fun of foreigners the moment they spawn in, but most of us are pretty chill.

Honourable. I like that.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

T1g4h posted:

Legitimately the funniest thing posted in this thread solely for the phrase "dirty stomp-around."

Also, I think I may love the PCJ-600 in this game. It's the best looking sport bike by far :h:

Anyone else find the Innovation to be just somewhat lacking in oomph? I mean, it looks nice, but it is basically the same as the sovereign isn't it?

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Anyone know if the Roosevelt is gonna become available any time in the future? I really want one, but AFAIK it hasn't been available since 2014 or so. I managed to get the Liberator and Sovereign during the event, and I want to keep working on my limited edition car garage.

I'd also love to get to level 100 so I can gold-plate my Dundreary Regina, so it matches the dollar-sign, white-wall lowrider rims, but it's probably going to take a while, I only just reached level 70.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

I find it somewhat upsetting that you can't do the hilarious flops, or get ejected from cars (like you can do in single player) when playing online.

Actually, that second one may not be a bad thing when you are as bad at driving as me.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

I've never had a problem with hackers in public sessions, I feel like I'm missing out. Any public sessions I join never have more than 8 people in them for some reason.

Even then I still get pwned because I'm atrocious at this game.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Cheap Shot posted:

Currently I'm trying to decide the best way to set up Panto soccer.

I tried doing it with some mates in a closed session - we found that fruit juice hut with the huge orange ball on top that can be blown off and had to push it with cars to a suitable venue. This is only because we couldn't make it land in the back of a Sandking or the huge-rear end dump truck.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

What do JP actually do?

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Holy gently caress 50% vehicle discounts on Armored Kuruma and Zentorno? Finally, I can become like every other GTAO player ever and own them.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

I suck at driving, and really want to complete that time trial - I've tried in a Jester (non-racecar edition) and a Sanchez, and I still keep missing out by 20 seconds. I memorised where the end point was and set a waypoint so I can immediately just go, but am I best off just heading straight to it offroad the entire way, rather than going on any roads at all? I.e. what route is best?

e: just read previous pages, don't have supercar or akuma, nor the funds for one, might just give up.

DarkMalfunction fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Sep 19, 2015

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

AirRaid posted:

The Akuma is $9000. Upgrading it isn't particularly expensive either IIRC.

Oh... I figured the Akuma was one of the multitude of superbikes that's super expensive! In that case, now I just need to learn how to drive... my best time so far has been about 2:30; I seem to be able to take exactly 2 minutes 4 seconds to just get past Sandy Shores airfield.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Eregos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--hXB5FWKq4

I think it's with an Akuma. The Akuma itself is cheap but the upgrades will set you back at least $54,000. Finish one time trial with it and it'll pay for itself. The bigger inconvenience is not having all the upgrades unlocked already. I did racetrading for that, I made my own little playlist with tiny tracks to vary things up.

Awesome, I've marked the route on paper with a pen and I practice in a closed session - managed to shave about 10 seconds off my time so far using an Innovation, just need to actually remember to buy an Akuma and get the cash/races to upgrade it the next time I log in.

Just annoyed I didn't get enough money to get the Armored Kuruma or Zentorno whilst they were 50% off - gently caress paying real money for those things.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Starhawk64 posted:

Also, they fixed Self Radio! :neckbeard:

It was broken?

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Starhawk64 posted:

It caused massive lag before.

I play on a laptop at 15 fps in a 800x600 window. I don't really notice these things.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Hang on, Windows 98 supports anything above ISDN?

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

FuturePastNow posted:

Voice chat in most public sessions seems to be either Russians or 10-year-olds.

not emptyquoting

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

FINALLY A NON RUSTY VOODOO

I mean, I am pleased with the changes.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

gently caress's sakes, the only classic cars I've ever liked the look of are the Peyote and the Tornado, and they can't be kitted out with the lowrider poo poo. I think R* would absolutely make bank if you could kit out any car with lowrider poo poo - imagine a Sandking or a 6x6 with the bouncy suspension!

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

geeves posted:

It's in single player, but whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80LFJFBULe8

Sips, love that guy.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

So I loaded into a session and immediately gained 60k from hacked moneybags and got all the weapons - I left straight away, but am I likely to get banned even though it wasn't my fault? Should I contact R* support and tell them what happened?

Obviously, getting banned would not be a particular highlight after paying £40 and then about £20 in sharkcards for this game.

e: After I left most of the weapons disappeared again, I only retained a golf club, firework launcher and molotovs that I didn't already own, but the cash is still there.

e2: wow, 3 hacked session in a row, 10 fully modded roosevelts in one, and then jumbo jets in the next spawned on me.

DarkMalfunction fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Oct 26, 2015

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

No one has ever been banned just for receiving hacked money.

Well in that case, time to go to more public sessions.

What about taking a vehicle someone has spawned, i.e. say I find another session with pimped out Roosevelts or something, and storing it in your garage?

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

mutata posted:

Like the weapons, the spawned in vehicles don't last beyond that session. You can't own them.

drat. One day I'll get a Roosevelt.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

SplitSoul posted:

Same here. Suddenly my $144k Buccaneers are only worth $107k. :wtf:

"Oh no, I'm making slightly less cash appear out of thin air"

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

SplitSoul posted:

It's probably the horn bug that's returned. Too bad billions of dollars in profit aren't sufficient for proper QA. :(

Is that the bug where your horn randomly changes?

Sometimes mine change from Classical Horn 3 to one of the star-spangled banners from story mode, or one of the flat notes (fa I think).

DarkMalfunction fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Oct 26, 2015

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Sapient Afro posted:

Just a heads up, Rockstar has apparently implemented a system for tracking duped cars:
https://twitter.com/RockstarFunz/status/657862641914789888

Oh ffs, I only just started - well, if it is real, all I made was $5000 selling an unmodded Primo, so I'm not exactly the figurative head of the criminal underworld.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

That sounds like a lot more effort than simply patching the garage so it doesn't open during missions or races.

Not emptyquoting

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

All of that automatically disqualifies you from having an opinion. Please kindly remove yourself from this thread's existence.

fyp

:frogout:

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Policenaut posted:

The Franken is 550k and the Lurcher is 650k.

:eyepop:

fake edit: actually this is R* ridiculous pricing is to be expected. Still saving up to customise a bloody Moonbeam.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Oddly enough this is the first patch where I've had absolutely no problem with GTA online. Shows how loving poo poo and just generally unreliable/unusual my PC is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

I hope when the Tornado becomes a lowrider they allow you to add the 50s/60s style classic interior, e.g. the Peyote or the Voodoo - I hate how it has the same horrible interior as a Dundreary Regina. tbh, it'd be nice if they just added any other interiors.

• Locked thread