Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«7 »
  • Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Dear geeves you forgot to add DON'T ACTUALLY BUY SHARK CARDS THIS IS NOT ACTUALLY A FREE-TO-PLAY GAME THEY'RE A SCAM to the OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Kelly posted:

Crew matching is the worst. thing. ever. It just does not work. It's even worst than when it first launched on PS3.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that poo poo was broken, then not broken, then broken, then semi repaired via patches on and off on 360 over the last year.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Rat Supremacy posted:

The Dodo is terrifically fun. Being able to stand on the side of plane that can land on water? Yes please.

We need to get some sort of dogfight going. You'd need either four or six people, two pilots, and at least one person on the side of each.

DodoJousting™ might just be the wave of the future. Thus far I've managed to have good impulse control and not PS4'd myself yet, but that may chance.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Feenix posted:

I do find myself wondering if Rockstar patched the Crew Playlist Challenges. I know sometimes you don't see a 250k one... but the uniformity of what I am seeing feels very... fixed. Every single thing is either 1,000 or 5,000.

Buy Shark Cards to fix that problem!!!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Feenix posted:

You know, I want the Buzzard bad enough that if this game was working properly, I almost Might be tempted to do that. Almost.

DON'T ACTUALLY DO THIS I WAS KIDDING

Here's why:

Feenix posted:

But this game needs some TLC so... no.

[edit] Jesus Christ, lag (I think?) aside, what the gently caress is up when like a few people are in within a few city blocks of each other. The games framerate goes into like single digits.

[edit2] I could very well be misremembering, but I don't recall having as much issue with literally being made of tissue paper (even with heavy armor on) when being shot by NPC mission mooks.
etc etc... gently caress the f2p model on a game that A: you paid full price for and B: then most likely paid full price for a second time.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

blackguy32 posted:

For people who may be interested. Gamestop is selling shark cards for half off. It can be worth it if you are starting out. Just make sure you buy the card for the right system. It differentiates between PS3 and PS4.

do not but shark cards validating a f2p scheme on a game you already paid $60-120 is bad fiscal responsibility

That being said: my ps4 is on the way - hooray early Christmas gifts so I'll be back waiting in empty loading screens playing gtao with all'y'all soon enough.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

He'll I'm trying to remember the last time any on these sorts of games had stat bars that WEREN'T wrong. ..

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

MrLonghair posted:

You cannot buy the Cargobob, but you can buy the Titan. What's their reasoning?

Just yet another in a long line of design decisions in GTA:O that leaves pretty much everyone scratching their drat heads
The only reasoning that I could ever see them holding out on it was for future DLC but since the phone glitch allowed a number of us to grab it perhaps it got put on the back burner. But the fact that they put all the time into making the skycrane with the big rear end magnet on it, and then only allow it for like a mission and a ˝ in single player just further promotes more head scratching.

At this point I want to make the little arms on the :rockstar: logo.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Hopefully it's server upgrades or something (hah yeah right) but it's probably those lizard team douche bags running another DDoS or something stupid.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Xmas came early - I'm back, baby!

Looking forward to getting mad continuing to be mad at the weird decisions GTAO makes!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

WoodrowSkillson posted:

there has been a longstanding divide between "don't be a dick to crew members" and "its GTA lol"

I always run under the old KFS rules from BF1942/BF2 days: At any point, at any time, you are probably going to be killed. Probably by your teammate. Explosively. Deal with it.

Goons have proven time and time again to have poor impulse control.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Just... at least put forth a little bit of effort to give it the appearance you were trying to take some other white dot pubbie out.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

im pooping! posted:

Don't do it or you'll just encourage them.

Careful or that one goon will think we're some vital marketing strategy and then buy shark cards out of spite!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Man, some dickbag already took my name on Playstation network. I was a unique snowflake for so, so many years (cause who would want a name this stupid?)

Dear people of LLJK/GTAO - add TheDukeChin to your lists so I may commence upon the shootings of dots with theeeeee.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Didn't these stupid little twats phone in a phony bomb threat to a domestic airliner last year or something? Especially in today's climate of CORPORATIONS > YOU how are these dips not already shut down? Get off my e-lawn you little fucks. I want to strafe dots with my Lazer of Doom™ later tonight. YOU ARE INCONVENIENCING MY FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS!

OH, also, where does the dodo/seaplane spawn at either in SP or GTA:O? I want to give that a whirl.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

I_Socom posted:

Bringing this up again from a page or two ago... I'm really enjoying the first-person views but why oh why is Call of Duty the only game able to implement usable FPS aiming on consoles??

I've just been doing the firing range challenges to boost up my gun skill and precision aiming is a complete pain. It feels like the centre zone of the stick is fairly low-sensitivity, but the ramp up to faster aiming is just too quick as you tilt the stick further. Doing the SMG / AR challenges with the side-to-side target was a massive chore

geeves posted:

I haven't examined it myself and I haven't really noticed anything bad and attributed fast free aim changes (with, for example, the sniper rifle) to just my terrible dexterity. I wish the poster of that video could have had a separate segment with another game that showed it wasn't the controller but actually GTA's mechanics.

Hell, even with aim-assist the right stick aiming just doesn't feel that responsive. Like Socom said, there's a huuuuuuuuge deadzone in the middle of both sticks, to be honest. As someone coming from 360 -> PS4 it's pretty obvious. Still doesn't detract me per se but, as usual, it's one of those knowing-what-could-be things that could make the game just a lil bit better that they'll probably never fix or tweak...

Like the stupid "turbulence".

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I just love reading the intermittent nerdrage in this thread over turbulence in GTA. Flying in GTA is so much fun for me that I don't even notice it.

Policenaut posted:

What turbulence? I fly a jet or a buzzard 90% of the time and it feels the exact same as last gen to me.

In fixed wing aircraft, yeah flying is fun in this and the faux-bulence isn't a big deal. In a helicopter it is supremely loving annoying - like your guy has the constant coffee/meth jitters. It's probably the worst in the cargobob. You'll be hovering over a car to pick it up not even touching the sticks then all of a sudden WHOA COKE ME UP BRO

I mean, at least make it feel like turbulence instead of [every X seconds shake vehicle rinse repeat].

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

- Psion knows my rage ^^^

Psion posted:

I want to say part of it is encouraging you to have a copilot because the TV guided missile cam is stabilized so it's really easy to put something on target, but it's dumb anyway.

Yeah except in their infinite wisdom the TV missiles literally fly slower that your aircraft instead of when you fire them from the pilot's seat caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaause... [R*.gif]

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Oh hey, did anyone that got the PS4-GTAV-TLoU bundle get the $500k/$500k bonus? I'm not seeing it in the marketplace.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

^^^ even at 100/100 flying skill (and I have been since like the first week of GTAO) The 'Bob is still the worst one affected by the faux-bulence.

BitBasher posted:

To be fair a good set of goons can still gently caress poo poo up pretty impressively with TV missiles. If they flew faster it would be rage inducing for people on the ground.

Yeah, I mean, I can work with them well enough but the mere fact that they travel slower for no discernible reason is just more R* R*'ey poo poo. x2

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Wheany posted:

Oh wow, so it wasn't just me then.

Nah it's definitely like that with me as well - that was pretty much the first thing I noticed when I fired up 1st person mode for the first time. What's funny is that that video also highlights something that's plagued all GTA's since GTA3: The floaty input lag. Even when he does a big movement you can see how long it takes for a reaction on screen. That's always been their "thing".

MrLonghair posted:

Was the game a digital copy? It should be in the regular PS Store under DLC for GTA5, it has to be downloaded and "installed" and it'll add the cash

Physical disk copy that was boxed in with the PS4 bundle.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

verbal enema posted:

drat I was hoping to catch you tonight.

I should be on in an hour if anyone wants to do some missions I need money for a helicopter so badly.

Can't buy one yet well maybe I can but w/e I need a Frogger so bad

Get a buzzard or failing that get a Swift. Only get a frogger if you got cash to burn and have the others including a cargo bob.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Huh, why is it when I've jumped from high poo poo I've died every time I hit the water...?

Also I'm like $80k away from buying a Dodo float plane should I do it y/n/ddc ?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

en1125 posted:

If you don't have a buzzard, I would save up and get that first.

...pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase what do you think the first thing I bought last year was?

Prokhor posted:

Crew member Crazysim introduced me last night to one of the coolest ways to blow poo poo up I've ever seen. You'd have to ask him more about it for how it works but I can tell you it works well... take a look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXlFa5P9euA

I can pretty much guarantee you that R*'s solution in an upcoming patch will be to make tanks no longer winchable by cargobob's.
It's a fun thing, you see... Therefor it must be patched out.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Hey I'm online and could use some late night lljk'ers

Psn: TheDukeChin

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Bought a dodo; regret nothing.

Float on everything.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

circ dick soleil posted:

I liked the snow last year. It looked cool.

Yeah, while it didn't really "do" anything I kind of enjoyed it last year.

The sudden swap up when the event was done, and I was tooling around on a snowy highway then BAM everything is sunny and clear of snow was amusing

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Hey what was the name of that mission you were all talking about a couple weeks back where it's basically "get a buzzard or tank and kill a poo poo load of cops for 20 minutes" or whatever? That sounds like fun right now.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Kelly posted:

Blow It Up II from Simeon. I haven't done it in a couple weeks but it was paying out 20k and 10 RP for about 10 minutes of killing cops in a tank.

Yeah that was it! Thanks.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Kelly posted:

Blow It Up II from Simeon. I haven't done it in a couple weeks but it was paying out 20k and 10 RP for about 10 minutes of killing cops in a tank.

Ffffffff I have Blow it up and Blow It Up III but not blow it up 2 available for some reason... can someone host new into one someone soon? Psn: TheDukeChin thx and

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

I saw a Hind!! I saw a motherfucking Hydra!!

Exclamation marks for new flying things!!!!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Hockles posted:

I don't believe a single word of this. I won't believe online heists exist until I've finished one.

Heists are the new unicorn.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

poopzilla posted:

my optimism is tempered by.... well, the last year..

but holy hell does this look rad

- I'm just most excited to get my hands on the Hind and Hydra-looking aircraft. Or the technicals w/ the gun mounts which I'm sure you won't be able to save in a garage cause R*

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

FallinInTheBlak posted:

If you or anybody wants to change something about the crew then just tell me and depending how much support it gets from the thread I'll make it happen. I've taken suggestions from Duke Chin regarding crew ranks before and I'll take suggestions from anybody.

Sometimes I even change things when you aren't looking!
(go look at the crew rankings - I tweeked them a couple weeks ago after R* got mad at "shitposter")

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I am extremely upset that you have done this as now the rank shitposter has been lost forever.

It was already knocked out thanks to R* - But it's spirit lives on.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

ExplodingSquid posted:

So I noticed no one posted the new photos... so here is a loving AIRCRAFT CARRIER and the link...

Edit: gently caress, sizing...sorry. Forgot what the code is to make it a preview.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/12/...h=+main+twitter

It's [ timg ][ /timg ] and I'm loving stoked for the new Hydra, even if it looks weird as gently caress with twin tails / not a direct harrier rip off.

And I can tell you already i'm going to have a blast turning on Lester's Cops Ignore You skill while running traps/touch n go's on that offset deck

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Icedude posted:

Is that an engine on the back in addition to the harrier-style jets on the sides?

It sure is, Icedude... it sure is.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Psion posted:

if I remember right the best way to maximize your cash and RP is to run ... free-aim

Oh poo poo I forgot about that secondary modifier. I need to run that to see how much bigger the boost is.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Finally got Blow Up II last night - turns out I had hardly done any of the Simeon missions.

Also finally really got my tank on in that mission.

Cop Slaughter Simulator 2k14 is pretty fun sometimes and the quick $20k was nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Nintendo Kid posted:

Phone posting but bookmark the death match "Trevor's Torture Room" from the social club and play it a bunch with the settings changed to owned weapons and use the assault shotgun. Cramped quarters mean fast kills and easy cash.

http://rsg.ms/b97c31c <--- Is this the one you're talking about?

• Locked thread
«7 »