Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«37 »
  • Locked thread
Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Just a quick reminder, I have incredibly weak security.

I originally set up my account with a very weak password

I mean, that sucks and I hope you get your poo poo back, but let's be real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Already so sick of Route 68 and I've only been racing for one evening.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Should I strive to build up a custom car? I personally feel like turning off customs and catchup with every race I'm in. Are there good races to be had with customs? Seems like it'd just be a contest of who went through the most grind to date.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Mr. Fortitude posted:

There is a special circle of hell made specifically for the rear end in a top hat who designed the later levels of Flight School in GTA Online. Goddamn, who thought that'd be fun? It doesn't even seem to raise your flying stat all that fast either.

I found flight school to be a really fun challenge and I'm kind of disappointed there isn't more.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

No contact races are so boring though. They're also super trippy at night time when you're trying to parse which taillights are going to smash your face in.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

kloa posted:

Ya'll mofos should use steam to send a notice about group events

Not everyone uses steam but we all post in this thread.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

geeves posted:

I'm pretty certain I came across two of them over the past couple of nights as well. Normally I would chalk it up to lag, but his blue dot kept making huge leaps and on the expanded map it's really noticeable. The other was that JuanCarlos guy in that race with you, me and Zigmidge. The guy slams into a rock right in front of me and respawns, just a few seconds later he's already in first place (and you and Zig were ahead of me).

Ah man I thought something was up with that guy. I'd be involved in wrecks with him and he'd still finish 1st in a game with catchups turned off.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

drat that is some hot stuff right there. The Banshee is my favourite car from every GTA.

I'd never put my life in the real one though that thing would fall apart on me. Sounds like it already is.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Is there another way to replay old heists without having to hop servers until the H dissapears and then trying to beat Lester to the phone call?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Odobenidae posted:

The normal sessions should then be changed to have no bad sport bullshit

uh

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

I bought a flight suit to ensure I look awesome all the time!

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Getting stars in Grand Theft Auto is lame?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

They've been doing that since GTA 1 why does that upset you

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

So hey, flight school told me I can land on flatbeds while they move.

Can I land on a plane's wingspan? In mid-air? You can get planes to go real slow with the gear out.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

lol it wouldn't be his first time but this is gta chill

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

It's almost like goons are pubbies with nothing more than an unpaid ten dollar credit card balance bringing us together.

unspoken rule

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It would be cool to ride around on a train with like 10 other players with bounties. Use your imagination.

The guy who needs mods telling those who don't to use their imagination. Best post of the thread right here.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Squeegy posted:

I agree with you, racing is too much fun

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

The hardship this game poses on people is incredible. You should see what hardship we're dealing with in the SP thread. No rewards for playing a game! Outrage and umbrage abounds

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Aren't there pickups in survival? Use those and spend nothing.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Doing one Fleeca heist with a good friend is not only a good excuse for laughs, drugs, alcohol and a good time for 20 minutes but it also covers like 14 or 15 kuruma insurance payouts.

Stop hang wringing over a car in gta and get explodin'

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Considering there is no button to engage a falling roll and there's only one spot you can climb that fence without splatting, you probably shouldn't be yelling at your friends.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

You have to leap that fence far enough to the left. There's a large section near the edge of the building you jump to that you will enter a splat animation because it wants you to fall all the way, even if you jumped onto the building. There is no button to engage a falling roll, it just happens at a certain height and out of circumstances like the above.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Yeah, like a few inches to the right of where he vaulted would automatically send you into a hitting-every-tree-branch animation. You splat on the roof then splat on the ground beside it.

Nothing more to say other than Rockstar

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Don't know what to say. I just spent the last two evenings rolling on the left and falling on the right. I'm so sick of that mission now...

My point was, though, stop yelling at your friends.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Titan of a job is my favourite to solo because combat is bloody easy in gta and the payout is good. Click dot on head to advance! No kuruma necessary.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

This was posted in the other thread but I wanted to share it here because you're a sucka if you don't play gta v like this 100% of the time.

Anal Surgery posted:

So, one of my all time favorite music videos is Bad Motherfucker by Biting Elbows. Basically, a guy who can do parkour straps on a go pro and they do a russian mafia crime thing. Watch it, it's amazing: https://vimeo.com/62092214

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

I'm down if you want to do it later in forced FPS. I just need Prison Break to complete the achievement.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

I'm looking for four kind souls to tackle the prison break heist in fps mode. It's the last one I need for the challenge. I'm also game to help you out in return if we have to do any other heists for you. I am in moneymaking mode this evening.

I'll be chilling on mumble in about an hour.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

So after heistin' last night, another goon and I (wrathsomething ingame) compared our old classic cars before taking them on a short little impromptu race when we were inspired to host a larger scale Goon Classics Series.

I want to set up a small series of impromptu races (up to 30 racers!) across the island. It would be a few pre-planned point-to-points that should give a nice test of a variety of driving abilities as well as some epic book-ends. Open with a race from north point to the portlands, tackle a series of short races in downtown, the hills, the desert and finish off with a climb to the top of mount chiliad. Or something.

These would be done in classic sports or 70s era muscle cars. I don't know if we want to get all rp nerdy with the rules (no wacky colours) but it would be sweet to see a fleet of era-appropriate designs racing together. I personally don't care.

I'll capture everyone's times and tally the results and maybe offer up a free avatar or forums upgrade for a prize or something. Maybe a cheap shark card

What do you guys think? Give me your input! I'll be on mumble tonight so you can whisper sweet nothings into my ear about how bad an idea this is. I'll take a day or two to work out the finer points and give some notice for people to free up time.

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at Jun 1, 2015 around 15:24

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Daztek posted:

Wonder if a ban wave will accompany it.

Doesn't matter anymore, GTA:O has been cracked. Private servers are now a thing.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

I dunno, it's some reddit post. You need a previous version of GTA, cracked and it just enables freemode. No features, matchmaking or anything that involves transactions.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

I bought a g930 headset for this game and mumble. Now I can't even hear her tell me I'm not getting laid.

*cleans dust off hands

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Starhawk64 posted:

We still doing that classic car rally? Just bought myself a Casco.

Hell yeah. Let's do this tomorrow. I have a few ideas for courses. I'll say mumble around 830 est.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Well, we didn't really get down to an epic impromptu series last night but robobalboa crushed it with a race track built for it. That was fun!

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Scyron posted:

someone can just pirate another CD key

no

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

How do I get on that list? I want that hat. I bet having a crew and friends to join sidesteps all that isolation stuff?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Pumpy Dumper posted:

How much better is driving with a controller vs KB+M? I've been trying to race with KB+M but I've lost like 15 consecutive races (also it's new character so driving is still somewhat low). But I always see even other low levels with controllers and they win or come second.

Night and day. Use one. PC Master race is a suckers game.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

I play almost exclusively in FPS mode and would still rather use the controller + mouse. The older I get, the more I realize how miserable of a tool a keyboard actually is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Weazl Plaza`s North West view is my favourite pad in the game because I can just stand in any of the massive windows and watch the city burn while I pre-game.

• Locked thread
«37 »