Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
rally
Nov 19, 2002

Scyron posted:

Online is broken more than ever before for me. I just tried while watching that new sin city movie.

I'll try some more.

I think online is basically just down right now. I time out within a few seconds of even trying to enter a session.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rally
Nov 19, 2002

I think that is the only patch right now. I was playing for a few hours flawlessly last night in 20 - 25 person lobbies. This morning I'm trying to drive around in a solo lobby to get a Sultan and I can't stay connected for more than 5 minutes so who knows.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

Feenix posted:

Yes but I think patch 1.03 has been out for several days so who knows. However, I tried logging on just now and got in first try to populated server. I didn't stick around very long though so I don't know if it would've stayed online. But it may just be that at 7 in the morning and the servers are less burdened.

I am pretty sure 1.03 is the patch that came out yesterday to address "online stability".

rally
Nov 19, 2002

insaine posted:

What is the best way of finding the "cheesey" challenges for the 250k stuff? Ones that are basically impossible to fail because I am Bad At Videogames. I found an easy 100k one yesterday but that was dumb luck.

From what I can tell this has actually been fixed today. I haven't seen a challenge over 5k since I started looking for my 250k for the day.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

A c E posted:

Yeah no issues on my end.

Might have been a problem with the servers then. Do you have open NAT?

Also sad that they patched another way at easy money. My challenges are all for 5k now. Getting 5k is not worth the 5 minutes of loading to get into the challenge. gently caress you Rockstar.

I thought this was the case too but I just did a 250k criminal records challenge literally one minute ago.

It was called "Hard Crew" or something like that if it helps.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

Feenix posted:

Weird. I just checked, and it's just so oddly suspicious that everything is 1,000, 3,000, or 5,000. :\

[edit] Oh poo poo Hard Crew just snuck in there!

Haha, yeah, the longer this goes the better. I think I am finally at the point where I can hoard money for future update vehicles. I finally offset the cost of my Dodo and Marshall and have all the other cars I want.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

Thaxxas posted:

Was it you or Geebs that blew me out of the sky lastnight? I got into a room with a bunch of people in it but only 1 other goon who happened to have a bounty so I grabbed my buzzard and flew over in his direction when something locked on to me and fired and missed. The next rocket blew me up so hard I dropped due to a network error before I respawned.

That was me (I am Geebs...confusing with Geeves here too haha) but yeah when I am 30 minutes deep into a 9k bounty I just shoot anything I see, especially helicopters.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

Wheany posted:

After a few days trying, I'm not really seeing the appeal at the moment. There is way too much waiting and getting people to join jobs is like pulling teeth.

Online connectivity still isn't working 100%.. That said, jobs are 100x more fun with goons or friends. Pubbies can be good, but in my experience 9/10 of them gently caress everything up, blow up the goal, quit early, die a bunch of times, etc. I can see this being horrible right now for people just starting out with fresh characters but coming in from previous generation with all my stuff is letting me have a blast killing dots on free mode.

Last night was ridiculous - I must have had 100 kills or more during my bounty. I started it off going over to my tank and letting a few pubbies close in on me before getting in and killing all of them. Then I just drove in circles killing those same dots over and over again until the tank blew up. At that point I was already near my personal vehicle so I drove over to the buzzard and continued the killing spree from on top of/around the maze bank building. That is right about when you caught me, Thaxxas.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

MrLonghair posted:

Is there a long-rifle that shoots exploding bullets? A guy just hit me with that, around a second long reload-time.

Sounds like the railgun but that isn't in multiplayer.

Edit: nice new babby avatar...maybe after 12 years it's time for an avatar of my own.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

Xinlum posted:

Wow I can't believe I'm back after a year and they STILL haven't added heists, payouts still suck dick, and the loving iFruit app only works on new android phones for no loving reason.

Sounds like you're mad about a bunch of dumb poo poo. Payouts suck still? Why? Because you don't have to play Rooftop Rumble over and over again to make money now? No heists? They are going to suck anyway and be broken anyway. iFruit doesn't work? Good, it sucks anyway. Be pissed about something legitimate like the game not working.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

titties posted:

Don't deathmatch, it sucks asses. In fact, don't do any competitive mission types aside from races. You'll get all the PvP you want (and all the PvP you don't want) in free-roam. You will be non-consensually PvP'd.

A lot of the custom races I run specifically say "no Turismo" because it's barely a supercar and can't make the jumps spanning 2 city blocks so it is garbage.

I don't think it is because it is "barely a super car" but something about how low it is fucks it up on jumps. You can't even lower it and it can get stuck on curbs.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

Moochewmoo posted:

Yeah I dunno. Everything says the entity has a higher top speed. Also all wheel drive is pretty much the greatest. It's life being glued to the road.

It's less common to reach full speed in races than to need high acceleration. I am pretty sure the Zentorno is AWD also.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

Moochewmoo posted:

I don't think it is. And if Rockstar fixes their car poo poo, then acceleration would be the same between the two.

The Zentorno is in fact 4WD. As far as whether acceleration is more important than top speed I guess it depends on the type of race. I prefer races with more sharp corners and technical stuff and I feel like the Zentorno has upped my game to the next level from the Entity I was driving for months.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

The stat bars really don't mean anything. Mods just max the bars out anyway.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

BitBasher posted:

The Zentorno is absolutely AWD. Also, regardless of what the stat bars say, the Entity does not have a higher top speed than the Zentorno.

I used to think and argue that the Adder was competitive, but after doing really competitive racing the Zentorno just plain pulls away from an Entity on straights after corners. On half mile straights assuming everyone takes the optimal corner with both cars the Zentorno will gain 4 or 5 car lengths. In really competitive racing the Entity basically never wins and everyone drives the Zentorno. I speak from experience after having to sell my Entity because I held on to it for too long.

It's close, and unless the skill level of the drivers is very similar then it won't be a huge difference. If the skill level is very close the Zentorno has an edge. I fought tooth and nail to keep my entity but eventually had to deal with the fact that it needed to go because the skill level in most of the races I was doing was ruthless.

TL;DR The Entity does seem competitive until the competition is very, very close, then you realize that the Entity isn't truly competitive, it's at a disadvantage.

The car keeps accelerating faster even after the bar is full and you keep adding things that should raise it further. The bars lie. The actual acceleration value goes way past the end of the bar for a lot of cars.

I know this. That is why I suggested that the stat bars are meaningless, and thus the drag strip track does in fact serve a purpose and im pooping isn't, in fact, smarter than everyone who plays GTA. I totally agree about the Zentorno but I hate arguing about better/worse cars. There are people on gtaforums that swear by lovely cars.

I did keep my Entity to fill out my row of super cars though! It looks bad rear end in yellow.

rally fucked around with this message at Nov 30, 2014 around 19:06

rally
Nov 19, 2002

Broseph Brostar posted:

I haven't touched GTAV in months since I packed my 360 up and I was thinking about getting it on the PS4. Do they still send you to bad sport hell for having fun, and is every lobby still full of people in tanks?

I am usually the person in the tank so I can't comment on that. I blow up literally every personal vehicle I come across in free mode and I haven't been sent to bad sport hell yet.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

Kelly posted:

I blow up every personal car I see and haven't been sent to BS since they "fixed" the criteria awhile back, as in, months ago. Long as you do missions to mix it up you're fine.

Tanks are hardly around now - they show up as a tank icon on the map and so people are a lot less likely to use them. The element of surprise is totally gone.

I always get my tank out right when I get a bounty placed on me. I'll drive over to it then wait for some dots to amass near me, get in the tank and raise hell. When you have a bounty the tank icon doesn't appear properly - you just show up as the normal bounty skull except the icon changes direction on the map as though it were the tank icon. I don't think people have totally caught onto this so you can get a lot of fun out of a tank again.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

If any goons want to do some races tonight add me, tired of all pubbies: Geebs710

Doh, PS4

rally fucked around with this message at Dec 1, 2014 around 03:29

rally
Nov 19, 2002

The best part of ducking is it gives you a fighting chance when trying to run down pubbies who are on foot. I can normally kill them before they can kill me if I duck as I approach at full speed.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

BitBasher posted:

I earned a new trick today that makes hitting people in cars chasing you easier. When threading through traffic don't stick the C4 on the ground and wait for him to run over it. When you get to an intersection stick it to the back of a car at the intersection. The cars detonate sympathetically and cover a much, much larger area than just the C4. Bonus points, if his car detonates sympathetically you don't have to pay for it, and you can blow up passive players this way. Passive players are immune to your C4 but not the NPC car explosion that it creates.

Yeah. When I killed that guy in passive mode and he rage quit yesterday it was amazing. I didn't even know that what I was doing would kill him but I am glad it did.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

julian assflange posted:

Some of the deathmatch rounds are horrible. Stuck in a 20 minute round where one guy has got to the other side of a fence full of weapons and for the rest of the time we just have to punch the poo poo out of eachother inbetween getting mowed down by every weapon in the game.

That is a common troll lobby. They usually have either obvious names or obvious map layouts. When you see that the map is a bunch of bullshit crates stacked oddly leading to a fenced off area with a poo poo load of weapons you can assume it's bullshit.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

Feenix posted:

I mean, don't get me wrong, I don;t think Buzzards should ruin everyone's day... but I'm basically a big hot target if I ever want to go weapons hot in free-roam. An easy, easy target.

It really sucks in my opinion. It actually takes a little practice and skill to kill people with the Buzzard and now it's way too easy to shoot down. It doesn't even seem like you can dodge the surface to air missiles. If you can it is much more difficult than dodging missiles from other Buzzards or Lazers.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

Roobsa posted:

What on earth is poopsocking?

Is this a serious question? It's when you poop in a sock so you don't have to get up from leveling your dude. I thought everyone had done this at one point or another.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

I bought the Casco and fully upgraded it with my dirty rebel money. The new brakes do wonders. I like it a lot, it reminds me of a more in control Coquette classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rally
Nov 19, 2002

There was indeed an update this morning. Rebel selling is gone - the sad trombone actually costs money now and even with it purchased the Rebel sells for 17k. Glad I got a million out of it at least.

• Locked thread