Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
Just jumped into a session with a couple of goons running fuckers over, went to get my good running fuckers over car from the garage and CTD'd on the way to the slaughter. First time it's happened, too. Proper shame, because that was the longest I'd been online without a dropout since release (PC).

I'm off to put a shrimp on the barbie (not Australian).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
I noticed a few other people having the same problem as me. Trying to get online for 10 minutes where it does nothing but fail, then finally getting in and within 10 minutes, everyone else in the session leaves at the same time. A few minutes after that I get booted offline.

A ton of people are having this problem, and solutions vary. Rockstar will tell to to check your router settings, but mine were already fine. With mine, it was disabling all the Turbo NIC bullshit that Asus package with their motherboards. I didn't even realise I was running it, but there it is. By default, it shapes traffic, as well as trying to optimise ping/bandwidth. I turned all that poo poo off, and played online for an hour without getting booted once.

Worth a go, YMMV, etc.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
I know I said this a few pages ago, but further testing has proven that it is a bunch of poo poo than ran on my network interfaces that was loving up online for me. For mine specifically, it was ASUS Turbo LAN. I turned off everything in there, traffic shaping, prioritisation, the works. It's been peachy since then. No more seeing 16 people leave freeroam at the same time, no getting dropped between missions, or everyone vanishing mid-mission.

Nearly everything that tries to improve your network speed is a piece of poo poo, turn them all off and see how you get on. This includes routers too, if you have one that tries to do all manner of poo poo with your data.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
Looks like the hackers are back after a quiet week. Todays treats were a guy with infinite rockets that could shoot from passive mode, and a guy with a machine gun that shot RPGs, also, instaspawning cars.

I'll do that poo poo like a motherfucker offline, but you need to a be a megashitlord to do it online.

Also I bought a Faggio but even with 100K of upgrades, it's still asstastic. Am I missing something?

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

geeves posted:

Wheelie to get up to speed quickly.

Ah, that makes things better, thanks. I'm probably going to buy all the upgrades, see what I can get out of that bad boy.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Slim Killington posted:

I always try to associate a license plate with it too, to complete the gimmick. Like a black Phoenix with metallic gold stripes, license plate BANDIT.

Without giving away my age or the number of times I've watched that film, I'm sure the plate sould be BAN-ONE.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
I've yet to come across a hacker that isn't a boring godmode idiot, so I might jump in later and see if I can find you guys. Hacking should increase the enjoyment, not remove it.

Oh wait, there was one guy who did burnouts that spat tazers everywhere, that was kinda funny. What I'd like to see is a mod that warps everyone on the server into a bus which then shoots into the sky, then dumps everyone outside for a 20+ player freefall/gunfight.

The news that there will soon be private servers is good news indeed, I just want a car spawner, handling.dat-like editor and location memory/warpto option. My tastes are simple, I just want a 4wd porsche that will go faster than my SSD can keep up with.

Also want a mod to make the gullwing Merc into a plane when the doors are open.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
Just had an awesome train journey around the island with some goons, and got dumped out of the session about 3 seconds after someone jumped their car into my train carriage. I think I got it on video, so I'll try to kock something together tomorrow.

Good times indeed.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Asmodai_00 posted:

Was that the same train adventure where I got into a hydra, and immediately flew it into the mountain like a badass?

The very same. I hope I got it recorded.

Edit: Forgot a word.

frankenbeans fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jun 3, 2015

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
I put together a video of some of the highlights of last night train run and it's started uploading but man, it's slow as gently caress. It'll be done sometime early tomorrow morning at this rate. Also Asmodai, I did manage to catch you lawndarting that jet. Didn't see it happen when I was playing, but got the whole thing on the video.

While I was exporting it, it crashed the game twice at the same point. Has this happened to anyone else? I managed to get around it by stretching a scene a little bit, but gently caress me that was annoying.

Will post the vid tomorrow.

This also means I can't plat GTA tonight. Or anything else for that matter, so I'm going to bed.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
Despite it saying the upload failed, it actually didn't. Good job I didn't spend an hour getting back up to 3% again this morning before curiosity got the better of me.

Anyway here you go. At least 6 goons in here and aside from Asmodai in the jet, I can't remember anyones names, sorry. Also it's a bit long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh5y4bZ3nRI

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

theguybro posted:

Any goons on multiplayer on PC right now?

Trying to join your session now, but it's full. I'll be in the queue (dalplatinum).

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

theguybro posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69852eCWt4

Better roadblock I just had with dalplatinum and jose

I just switched sessions and it was still there. Lost the UFO hat though.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

codo27 posted:

Last night there was some inbred kid on being real cool. He comes after me and I've wasted a couple sticky bombs trying to blow him up when I realize his car is flashing all sorts of different colors. Funny that I couldn't blow him up but his bombs didn't seem to affect me either. I dunno man. Its plenty fun without hacking it to bits.

How many races do you need to win to unlock all the car upgrades? a million? Okay I've only won 8 so far and played another 20 or so but still.

I think I read that land 50 race wins will unlock everything. You'll need water and air race wins to unlock all the paints.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
Trying to join your session guybro, but it keeps timing out, I'm not ignoring your requests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
Aw man :(

Think I tried like 10 times, and now I'm just annoyed at rock*

• Locked thread