Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Is there some elitism going on against people that use controllers versus mouse and keyboard? I keep getting kicked from jobs and it doesn't seem to be a rank issue because on the ones I do get on nobody minds that I'm like rank 8.

Also what exactly am I doing in online play? I just finished the story mode, played around a bit online, was told to "get that paper" and so I robbed some places and then fenced a car but I'm sort of curious what I'm trying to get money for. Rank seemed pretty clear as some jobs were rank locked but what should I be saving money for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
So is the group still full? Are we just posting our usernames here to find groups for online stuff?

Also gently caress my thesis work, this game is a lot more fun online that I thought it would be.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Enallyniv posted:

Post in the GTA Online Crew Thread to get an invite to WEZL and a place on the waiting list for LLJK. FallinInTheBlak said he was purging idle accounts so the waiting list should be gone soon.

Thanks, done and done. Looking forward to crashing into things with goons.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Is the armored Karuma the car to buy to keep my rear end from getting gunned down by drive by SMGings?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Sorry to whichever X-something WEZL member that was I just blew the second stage of the Fleeca job for. I've been trying to do this job all night and no matter if I host or someone else it gets incredibly lagged and poo poo starts popping around. Normal missions have been fine and I even did one of the other Heists but for some reason the first couple Fleeca jobs are totally bugged for me, during one of them we cleared the Kuruma and then I couldn't drive it. Strange it's only this one job, and GOD I wish you could skip these cutscenes now.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

All the daily objectives I've seen are stupid and obnoxious; and in some cases expensive. They need to give you a way to reroll them.

Anyone around right now to do some heists with me? I want to knock off the second one from start to finish tonight.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Jossos posted:

I'd be down for knocking out the second one. Ingame name is the same.

Sent you a friend request on the Social Club. I guess that would be the easiest way to connect on there.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Thanks to all you LLJKers who helped me knock out 3/4 of the prison job segments. I wanted to finish it off but Online mode decided to start dropping me. Oh well, another time.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Pakled posted:

I will fully admit that I'm bad at flying helicopters. The yacht landing in that series A setup is ridiculously difficult for me. If the qualities of a good helicopter landing are speed, precision, and not damaging the copter to poo poo, then I can manage only two of those at once, which is unfortunate, because the landing in that mission requires all three. Maybe it has something to do with keyboard controls, or maybe I'm just retarded.

I did the Lab Heist earlier with a pair of fine goons and I'm so glad I didn't gently caress up the helicopter flying bit. I figured it was the most boring part of the job and was worried about leaving a pubbie to handle guns but he did really well and I was able to get everyone where we needed to go without damage so go me.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I don't know what it is about this game but just running around the world map getting in fights with random pubbies is so incredibly fun for me. In the past few days I've had two epic, 4+ person sniper battles on the beach around the board walk. Intense street to street chases while cops ran around us making the scenes all the more chaotic. Elusive alley battles, running around in tight cramped areas trying to gun down the other while tossing grenades and setting proximity bombs.

Of course there are some guys that just need kills and show up in their armored kuruma or insurgent or even a freaking tank but the rest of the guys. The guys that really like to gently caress around. Those are some fun fights.

I had a bounty on my head and was trying to outlast the timer for the achievement so I hid in the 4th highest floor of the tower that's underconstruction. Where you get sent for the "get the briefcase" mission. This guy drives up in an insurgent and circles the place determining that I'm not on the lower floor, but I can hear him shooting off his gun. He leaves and comes back a few minutes later in an attack chopper and starts dropping missiles on every side of the building. Now I'm behind a pillar with no open side but he still managed to kill me through the wall with machine gun rounds. I have no idea if the guy was hacking or just had a ton of tools at his disposal but it was kind of impressive. I was really sad though because it seemed like the only way for someone to get me was to land on the roof and come down, and I'd thrown proximity bombs as the land points and one in front of the door to the room I was in. I wondered why this guy went through so much to kill me and then I saw his name and remembered that I'd ran him over trying as he was getting into his insurgent earlier. Threw a proximity bomb in front of it then pretended to run away and watched him get in from a distance and sniped him. Then I just drove away. He saw I was going and ran into proximity bomb. I circled around, and drove past him with a *honk* *honk*. Five minutes later I had a bounty from stealing a high end car, selling it and was hiding on the roof when this man came for revenge. When I respawned we started trading kills all over the city, it was classic.

This game is great.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I think they really made a mistake having the insurgent cost slightly less than the Tank. I didn't really want to be another Armored Kuruma baby but I figure saving the 1.3 for the Insurgent I might as well save the 1.5 for the tank. They need to drop the price on that thing a lot.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Mokbek posted:

The tank's armor is rather weak compared to the Insurgent's: you can destroy a tank by throwing two stickies at it whereas the Insurgent can eat like 4-5 before biting the dust. :smug:

Of course, you can still get killed by bullets through your windshield and you'll need a second player to man the gun while you drive but honestly the Insurgent is much more fun compared to the tank. I think the price is justified.

I personally use the Tank as a "gently caress you" to people I dislike however.

Huh, that's pretty crazy. Which armored vehicle is the one that has a gun you don't need a second player to fire? I was playing cat and mouse with a guy last night and I thought it was an insurgent.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Haven't played this game in a week. Logged in and some people on chat are talking about someone giving away money. I skip over to where they are and some fellow has modded himself a gating gun that shoots bags of money instead of bullets and is spawning them by the dozens. I then watched a couple hackers have a crazy hacker battle where they both claimed they weren't hacking. I don't really care one way or another I stuck around long enough to get the cash to buy an insurgent pickup which I'm glad I didn't save up to actually buy because it's terrible. All in all it was a nice night to return to the game.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Snakes in a can posted:

Sounds like you guys have had good hackers then. all ive had were hackers that blew everyone up and blocked off areas with ufos. :smith:

Kinda wish R* gave us modded lobbies or something where people can go wild with that stuff and get creative. I just want to see hordes of monkeys chase down players.

In the one I was on last night, before the guy left he spawned a bunch of invincible "homosexual" characters with uzis who just agroed on everyone. That was kind of annoying.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Capn Beeb posted:

Speaking of convenience stores and robbing,

I found this in the back of one of them. I, of course, could not interact with it. :(

I was super disappointed when I saw that too. I think Rockstar saw money bags in charging for in game money and decided that they couldn't give away too much. Granted you can still get a bit from robbing the store itself but not really a lot and it's not very efficient vs the time. I also haven't seen any armored cars online. I think they realized that anything you would get a wanted level from would be negated by the call to Lester so they cut it out. I wish that you could do the Fleeca job just in the normal game world because that would be fun if the guy carrying the money also had to be defended and other players could run over and jack it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I've had mostly peaceful interactions with goons in the free range zone. Bounties are a big exception though and if I get one or see another goon who has one its open season but I think that's fair.

• Locked thread