Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Aardvark Barber posted:

Still cannot get into a lobby with more than myself on PS4, and whenever I try to go on call to do a random mission or race, it boots me EVERY time it tries to load me in.

Me too. I ran a couple missions with Maniac Cop and then got booted. Can't load into a public lobby with anyone but myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

WoodrowSkillson posted:

So on online is there a requirement to enter a friends apt? 2 of my friends have had issue with entering apartments in that they cannot even see the blue interaction ring.

If you invite them, they spawn in your apartment. Never heard of an issue with the corona not showing.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

WoodrowSkillson posted:

They were also unable to be invited.

That's really weird because people spam lobbies inviting people. Last night Cute as heck threw a little party in his apartment and a bunch of people were there.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Blow It Up II with a tank on hard for ten minutes of killing cops pays 20k and 9200 RP. If you have a tank and want RP that's the way to go. You need to kill over 200 cops - that takes around ten minutes.

That said, I need to rank up my alt. So if anyone wants to help...

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Aardvark Barber posted:

Anyone else having trouble with the On Call mode for GTAO on PS4?

It searches and finds me a lobby, but each time the match is started it attempts to load me into the match and just errors me back out to single player.

Same. I tried it last night when I was having trouble joining a quick job.

So far, the best way I've found to join online is via the start menu, by simply joining via a random session. Attempting to join friends/crew throws out an error that a match couldn't be made (even when people are online). If you try though the character selection wheel it won't load for me at all. Kicks me back to SP.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Hugh Malone posted:

Cool, thx man :hfive:

Does anybody with a bunch of money on next gen want to test out crew challenges? They rarely work and are buggy on ps3, but there is some indication that they may be working solo on ps4 and xbone: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/gta-5-next-gen-how-make-250000-every-2-minutes-gta-online-1475720

In the pause menu go to online, playlist, challenges, and see if anything comes up. The creator of the challenge will have set a wager, supposedly if you beat the time on their race you win the money...

I've been doing them for the past couple days on PS4, made a few million before they locked it to one crew challenge every 24 hours. They work fine - the highest I've seen is a $250k payout.

Online doesn't seem to be working now. It keeps timing out. Can anyone get on?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Scyron posted:

I'm in, but one of the servers I was on was extremely laggy with my driver teleporting and crashing into stuff, before appearing correct for a brief moment, then flying.

I gotta get a bite to eat but I'll be around for another 2 hours or so.

I have been trying to get on and every. single. time. it says it timed out, and kicks me back to SP. I even saw you online, and tried to join your session. Said you were no longer there, timed out trying to put me into another session.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Well after dicking around with my buddy who just started playing GTA, tonight I start running missions and leveling up again. I miss my jerry can and stickies oh so much..

After that, death will once again rain down upon these insolent fucks.

Also, can someone accept my buddy into LLJK? He requested an invite. jayisspecials.

Fallin in the blank runs the crew...try reaching out to him.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

A c E posted:

I only tried this today and got 250K by just racing 5 laps on Criminal Records. It claims I got the world record too, so I unlocked some stuff it seems. Took about 2 minutes, totally worth doing one of those per day.

That was one I did too - Criminal Records. I did one of my primary, and one of my alt - they both count as separate tries so you can do two a day that way. I believe crew challenges don't unlock until rank 5 though.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I am not working today and tonight my better half won't be home so I will have the PS4 to myself. It WAS going to be perfect day to play this until my eyes bled, but alas...that is not to be.

TIMED OUT LOADING SESSION. PLEASE RETURN TO GRAND THEFT AUTO V AND TRY AGAIN LATER.

:argh:

FallinInTheBlak posted:

If you can vouch that he is a cool guy and won't shoot crew dots or be an rear end in a top hat in general (that is reserved for me).

This is not my name.

I only read like every third letter in usernames, so it could have been a lot worse!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Rockstar is officially aware of the connectivity issues and will be patching it tomorrow:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246

Seems to be current-gen only.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

geeves posted:

I lost all my weapons in SP as well. Apparently others have too.

I did as well - pretty sure they were there last night too.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I downloaded the patch just now and got online but I'm in a public lobby alone. Better than nothing I guess.

:thatrockstargif:

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Feenix posted:

What version are you now on? Can you check? (PS4?)

Yes - on 1.03. Just now managed to jump directly into online via square option when the game started. I am alone in a lobby again though.

:sigh:

I am going to try the character appearance glitch to change up my main again, then try jumping into public lobbies and missions.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Scyron posted:

LLJK just had a pretty good lobby, I think there was 4 of us, out of 25 people at the most.

Just now though, the internet/game poo poo it's self, and everyone got kicked but me.

I'm not kicked - the lobby is frozen. I'm running around shooting and punching everyone. I can see all the blips on the map but when I get over to the players they're either gone or totally frozen. All NPC traffic is mostly gone too.

When I shoot players they just flop around but don't die. Really bizarre.

Edit: I am shooting the poo poo out of you, and it keeps launching you into the air. Video: http://youtu.be/GIyXcEaLSuY

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Nov 22, 2014

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Popete posted:

So PS4 servers are down?

Lizard Squad is taking credit for a DDOS attack.

https://twitter.com/LizardPatrol/status/536368852008202240

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

You know what is interesting...you can see the EXACT moment you connect to online from SP because the color on the PS4 changes color.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

geeves posted:

Not for PS4

I got into a fully lobby, and was almost immediately disconnected. I managed to get back in but alone in a public lobby.

I managed to get into a full public lobby but it took several tries. :(

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Rat Supremacy posted:

Ooh, hello new thread.

I'll likely be online in the UK evening time this week for doing things and general hilarity, probably with some non-goon mates too. What are the current most effective methods to piss off white dots (other than killing them over and over)?

PSN/RSC: RatSupremacy

I'm guess that LLJK is still the current goon crew?

I reckon we need to get a good few people together to play Horse Glue again. That was so much fun.

That was 360 only, right?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Feenix posted:

Please tell me how/where I do this 250k challenge?

:)

Psion posted:

Pause menu -> Online -> Crew -> Challenges, I believe.

To add to this, you can only do one every 24 "real world" hours and they are often not clearly named. Click through until you see one that has 250,000 as the bet, and make sure it's Criminal Records.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Feenix posted:

Soooo, I just did a mission called 250k that was on Criminal Records. I easily beat it, and then won like 10,000.

I can;t double check now, but it either messed up or I failed to notice it was NOT actually for a pot of 250k?

Lastly... question: Who actually funds these?

Maybe it wasn't actually 250,000? Did you do it alone? You have to run these solo or you're competing with everyone else for the money.

When you are in the challenges screen, and you click on the details make sure to double check that the payout is 250k.

The only other thing I can think of is that you didn't have 250k to bet with? You needed that to start.

i must compose posted:

Cannot seem to find anyone from our crew; somebody add me I'm thegreatestlunch on psn

Crew matching is the worst. thing. ever. It just does not work. It's even worst than when it first launched on PS3.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 25, 2014

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I'll run Blow It Up II with my tank on PS4 for anyone who wants to join in to rank up. It takes about 10 minutes total - you have to kill at least 200 cops and you get about 9200 RP and 20K in class. To compare, most missions don't pay more than 5k in RP.

PSN - cashcamden99. I will be on tonight, after 8:30 est if anyone is interested. You will have to friend me since crew matching doesn't work.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Thaxxas posted:

I'm very interested. I'll add you when I get home tonight and be looking for you around 8:30 est

Sounds good - your user name is Thaxxas on PSN, right?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

MrLonghair posted:

Adding you for good old fashioned grinding (9ish hours?)

Debating personal tank VS personal buzzard. Love to fly and land, no trouble evading jets and their missiles.

Glad to help...Blow It Up is only a two person mission so we will have to take turns though. Stupid Rockstar. :argh:

If I could only buy one, it'd be the Buzzard. 100 times more useful, especially now that tanks are hardly abused in free roam.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Thaxxas posted:

Yea, PSN: Thaxxas

Is joining friends working better than joining crew members? I've tried constantly to join crew members and one of three things usually happens. I end up on a server by myself, I end up on a server with one other goon and he's either afk or doin his own thing or I get into a fairly full room with a few goons in it and get an error message and dropped within 5 minutes of getting in so I've been entertaining myself by running missions solo in the buzzard I bought this weekend.

Friends SEEMS to work better in that you'll get dumped into a lobby with friends automatically when you connect. I've had the exact same scenario happen as you - in a lobby with Goons and people start dropping before I can even hook up with them in free roam. I think I am going to set my spawn point to last location so cut out the bullshit of getting out of my apartment once it decides to load.

MrLonghair posted:

Oh :argh:

I'm the best helicopter pilot I've seen and come to think of it the only reason the few tank invasions happen is because there's nobody with a Buzzard around to easily safely take them out. Just that I'm a million rockstarbucks away :smith:

e: using golf to grind strength data incoming

I'll be around this weekend too. I usually get on weekends when my son is napping, so like 12:30-4ish and then at night after 8:30 for a couple hours.

Regarding tanks in free roam, I saw one a day or two after launch on the PS4, but can't remember the last time I saw one on PS3. As soon as they changed the icon on the map to match that of a tank that just about killed it for people.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 25, 2014

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Psion posted:

so how does Blow Up II work for this exactly? You go and move the Banshee out of the line of fire, destroy everything else, repeat x200 cops, then turn in the Banshee?

Yup.

Back the Banshee behind the building in the parking lot, behind the dumpsters. Destroy all the cars, kill cops for around 10 minutes, go grab the Banshee and call Lester to remove your wanted level.

They spawn continuously - you could do it for as along as you want and they don't stop going. 10 minutes or so seems to get you around 200 kills which is when you get the 9200 RP. Going longer doesn't seem to get you any extra RP.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Psion posted:

The only problem with this is I don't have a tank, so I'd have to buy a tank and then run it ~75 times to break even :(

I tried it with a Buzzard and it's doable, you get money (not 20k) but the police helicopters are a real pain in the rear end. And if you move around to get rid of them the ground cops don't stop and bunch up.

Ah, yeah...that is a bit of an issue. Are you on PS4?

Run the crew challenges for 250k on your character - your alt too if you have one. They get access at lvl 5 I believe. If you do it once each with them today you're half way to a tank.

Then you can focus on the RP in BU2.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I did a fists only deathmatch last night, so naturally I have to ask: how were people punching me at super speed from no where near me? Near as I can tell it's got something to do with spamming a second button as you punch?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

When I run a network test on my NAT settings it fails every time on my PS4. I'm using wifi - absolutely can't connect it via a wired connection. I've read NAT 3 might read as failed - could that be complicating things for me when I try and play?

I have a very basic knowledge of this stuff to the point I am a bit wary to start screwing around with my router.

We don't have any other issues with gaming online. Destiny ran fine on the PS4.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

BitBasher posted:

If I remember right NAT type 3 can't connect to NAT type 2, only NAT type 1. Type 2 is by far the most common and Type 1 is the least common. I would think that if you were on NAT type 3 it would cause a lot of issues in a mesh network game like GTA where you are connecting to up to 29 other dudes. I would think it would exclude you from most games and cause you issues.

E;FB :argh:

I never had an issue on my PS3 with GTA: - it's just been since this launch. I only looked initially before I realized everyone was having the issues that I was having. Last couple days I've been in full lobbies, I just get booted everyone now and again. Better than it was, definitely not as stable at it was on the PS3.

I guess I'll know for sure once no one else is having issues.

Thanks!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

More even. I won The Commute the other day with like 14 cars and won over 10K.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Thaxxas posted:

Your method for blow up II seems like a winner to me. I'm saving for my next big purchase. A Tank. Looking back on last night, I should have went and got my buzzard sooner because standing behind the building with the banshee while you're blasting away is frigging chaotic.

Oh yeah...there isn't a good place to be when you're on foot unless you leave the scene completely. The buzzard was aces though - you took care of 50 cops alone. Just under 10k RP for that run alone.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Well last night was.. better. For awhile at least. My buddy, Kelly and I managed to stick together for awhile and chased some white dots, which was what this game is all about and should forever BE about. Every day seems like a slight improvement over the previous. So, by Christmas, it might actually be somewhat stable and good again like it eventually (somewhat) got to be on the PS3.

This is also the first generation where actually using a mic as well, which is actually better than I expected. Now if I can just refrain from cursing so much. Ah, gently caress it.. that's fun in and of itself.

That was a good time...and we only had one connection error!

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

The Simeon stuff actually pays decently now so if you set it to hard you can solo them and still make decent money and RP.

Another thing I thought of is if you are able to find a wall breach (check YouTube) you can hide out in one with a five star wanted level and gain RP while you evade the police. I can't recall how much you get, but it you just keep killing police while you're hidden, you won't lose the wanted level.

They seem to have fixed a few of the wall breaches from last gen, so I'm not sure what's left. :jerkbag:

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Nov 28, 2014

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Well last night was the first right-proper night of GTA working okay on the PS4. I landed in a server with LLJK, had upwards of 20 people in it, and lasted for well over an hour. Which gave me ample time to gently caress with a bunch of dudes that were drowning everyone else out on the mic.

So, I spent the next 30 minutes taunting them and attempting to get "down with the block," and gain some "street cred," with them. Alas, I am merely a "stupid rear end in a top hat cracka that is as low as bird poo poo." I am a horrible person who deserves death..

The vitriol spewing from those guys was uh, something else. I've never heard a black dude tell a white dude he was going to go get one of "his" nooses and string said white guy up.

I also like when he called you bird poo poo. Another good one.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Wee Bairns posted:

Haha, like I said last night, I really do kinda miss having him show up and subsequently run me over and drive off with my car!

It was uncanny - you need to put your chat on "everyone" and just do mechanic-chat in character in a public lobby.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Hugh Malone posted:

:captainpop: the mechanic drives up to you? fancy.

E: on ps3 the car just magically appears now

It's still that way on PS4. It's gotten worse though - half the time I call the car it ends up down the road. Missions seem to be even worse with where it gets placed.

I have one of your Serious Fun playlists bookmarked - will they run on the PS4?

If so I will run one of them next time I'm on if there is any interest. It's like 6 or so fun races user-made races.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Wheany posted:

Tried some again tonight. Still can't say it's an enjoyable experience. I mean, I can pretty much tell I'm not going to have a good time when a team deathmatch is "4-some high number players", there are only 4 players and the teams are me at level 10, another dude at level 40-something and the other team is two guys at level 100+ and 400+

I wish there was some option to just "join any game anywhere in the world, I don't loving care where, as long as there are at least, let's say 8 players that are within, like, 5x my level."

"...and buy an armor and full ammo and just loving go already, why am I still in this lobby"

In a team deathmatch like that, don't be - aggressive hide or find high ground. Just try and survive and hope your team wins. That is all you can do a at lower level when the teams get stacked like that. Especially when they are timed and not target-based.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Plus, don't be thrown off by the ranks. They mean absolutely nothing most of the time. Anyone can be level 200 if they grind long enough. I mean look at Kelly! (You know I'm kidding.)

I've seen plenty of players at that level that can't drive worth a poo poo and are even worse shots.

Well, time to get on and see who I can harass. Anyone on PSN feel free to add me and join in: LapsusMemoriae.

Yeah, yeah...I stink at races, level 200 or not. I'm like 80 and 500 or something insane like that.

Wheany posted:

That also sounds like poo poo, tbh.

Don't know what to tell you then. Everyone had to make their way up - kind of part of the fun, no?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Icedude posted:

Yeah, Rank doesn't really matter much any more thanks to the DLC weapons all being available at Rank 1. Why grind up to 70 for the Advanced Rifle when you can hit missions or even just decently populated races for half an hour and buy a fully kitted out Special Carbine?

All it really matters for any more is when full Body Armor unlocks, and some of the more useful call-ins like Lester removing you from the minimap, getting rid of your wanted level, or dunking on people with a one-two punch of setting Merryweather Mercs on someone then having Lamar's Mugger knock them over in the middle of being shot at.

I hadn't even thought of that - the DLC weapons really are a game changer for the lower levels.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

I don't know what people want. Either grind through missions and races for rank and cash, or don't and level up slowly. Unfortunately the days of glitching for cash and RP are over.

And really, there weren't a ton of RP glitches through. I've been playing regularly since the beginning on and there were only a couple that people used, and they didn't last too long. Nothing like the money glitches - of which there will be more I am sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Scyron posted:

Lol and cut into their shark card sales, no. It'll have a cool down timer, probably once every 24 hours.

At the very least. Maybe job points will finally matter, making it difficult to even accumulate enough to do it more than every few hours.

That said, I look forward to the job point glitches forthcoming if that is the case.

• Locked thread